Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Color Wheel

How many of you simmers want to have the color wheel put in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    I do!
  • Options
    bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    ok we all need to tell Maxis and EA I can not do it myself. They both had told me that if we want the color wheel back we need to tell them, all of us need to tell them, post in the forums about getting our color wheel back.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I would love the color wheel back, I am sick and tired of seeing everything the same! Like I was just doing a house with brown and teal but trying to find everything in the same shade or color is not happening :( I want my color wheel back! If they can do it for pets then they can do it for everything else!
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I would also love the color wheel, this is why I loved TS3 so much.
  • Options
    kismetkismet Posts: 61 Member
    I can understand why the color wheel was omitted but it was a nice touch to the game customization. It made sure everything matched up. I think I want it back too lol
  • Options
    bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    Yes I agree with everything that you all say
  • Options
    beachedkingbeachedking Posts: 3 New Member
    Maybe it's because I've never played TS3 (I want to though!), but I think the pre-determined clothes colors are fine. They are a little boring and samey though so I agree it should be added as just an option. Maybe you could turn it on and off. It's been shown they can with Pets.
  • Options
    MizzLMMizzLM Posts: 10 New Member
    I'd love the color wheel back in the game!
  • Options
    BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    I'd love the colour wheel back in the game! Think it was a big mistake taking it away. Especially since the majority of furniture colour rarely harmonises with their counterparts. Need the ability to have matching rooms again, pls EA.
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    apparently most people felt indifferent or actually did not like the color wheel from the sims 3. plus the other issue is the fact that adding a color wheel now may cause the same issues the sims 3 had for so many people :/ at least thats my take on why the color wheel is not in the game at this point.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited March 2018
    kismet wrote: »
    I can understand why the color wheel was omitted but it was a nice touch to the game customization. It made sure everything matched up. I think I want it back too lol

i honestly can't understand why it was taken from the game can you explain it to me.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    We NEED it for hairs
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    we need it in general. I'm tired of having my sims have generic skintones. when I play sims its to escape reality. i wanna make unique sims like purple, pink, etc. I know theres mods but id rather not have to mod my game for that
  • Options
    BNorrBNorr Posts: 6 New Member
    I think the most general reason that the colour wheel was omitted is that - from what I assumed - it takes a lot more processing power to be able to support the expansive possibilities that it provides rather than the color schemes that are provided.

I personally don't mind it because I can't go to a store and say I want a couch that is a shade more yellow. It's like furniture shopping in the real world, and I'm kind of okay with that, it pushes my creativity.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Nope. Unless it's a stand alone thing like Body shop in TS2. The game needs much more game play before a colour wheel.
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    If and when we get the color wheel back, then I can stop using cc. That will also make life much more simpler and I won't need to update/fix cc after every patch.
  • Options
    2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    Yes, yes, yes!!! <3
    Bear in mind that Color Wheel =/= CASt. I'd be happy to just be able to recolor one layer of furniture!
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Yes! I literally had this discussion with the hubby yesterday when furnishing my newest build' whilst struggling to get anything to match!!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited March 2018
    I would really like it too, but I don't think they could add it to everything in game (such as clothes and objects) because there are way too many for them to update, but I think they definitely could add a color wheel for hairs and eyes and maybe skins.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    CASt was what I loved most about TS3. I loved the ability to customize everything and losing that is one of the main reasons I don't play TS4 nearly as much as I did the previous iterations, BUT I don't think it's possible at this point. They would have to go back and redo virtually every item in the game in order for a color wheel work and they aren't going to do that.

It would take too much time and cost too much money and there wouldn't be any return on their investment. I hear so many people calling them a cash cow and various other names, but that's more a lack of understanding of how businesses work. EA is just that, a business, and they have to make money in order to stay in business. No money coming in, no Sims.

As sad as it makes me, it's just not going to happen this time around. Maybe if we're vocal enough about it now, we might be able to influence them to add it to The Sims 5, if there is one.
  • Options
    SupernovurSupernovur Posts: 55 Member
    As much as I'd love to see the colour wheel back in The Sims 4, I have to agree with what ClassicalSim said. I really do hope that they can put it in The Sims 5!
  • Options
    KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Color Wheel! Color Wheel! oh yes we need it back!

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Options
    noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    Sure, I'd enjoy seeing the wheel again. Use it all the time in TS3. Just one of MANY things from TS3 that I'd love to see....some version of CAW would be nice.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    Really? We need to tell them? Funny. Ok then, dear EA, colour wheel is the least you should do after treating us in Sims 3. Especially since CASt was a feature that in itself (unless people stuffed their games with tons of CC or saved every recolour) was completely flawless. Unfortunately it gets blamed for about everything except global warming, but fact remains it’s an awesome, creative and flawless system.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PeanutButterSims2002PeanutButterSims2002 Posts: 104 Member
    ♫♪ Color Wheel! Color Wheel! We just want the Color Wheel! ♪♫ :D