Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Color Wheel

Comments

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I admit I haven't read all of the comments (skipped from page 1 to 4) but I miss the color wheel. I don't know if it would be feasible to add it back bc of the way they designed objects for the game. It's more like Sims2 where you have to do recolors of everything. The color wheel was one of my favorite things about Sims 3- although it did make it harder to create objects to some extent. You had to account for pattern stretching when creating the texture maps & designating how they wrapped around a mesh. But I loved being able to just recolor things. The clothing & furniture options just feel so limited in Sims 4-- which is why I have less than 12 hours played total. Every time I load the game I find I need CC to get what I want so I close it and search for CC. I played Sims 3 a LOT more.
  • Forever0216Forever0216 Posts: 4 New Member
    I am color deficient and would love to see a colorblind option that labels all the walls, roofing, and other things that have big base colors. Multicolored picture frames and stuff aren't super important for color scheming but it's almost impossible for me to solo build a house without asking for help from my family. A color wheel might actually help a lot! Thank you! ❤️
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Hair, eyes, and skin. That's what I'd love a color wheel for. It would absolutely help us create more unique sims. The rest would be nice too, but remember; this customization option was a huge reason TS3's performance suffered.

But okay; my idea of implementing it would be to allow us to pick an existing swatch and change the hue from that point. Just give us a HSV (hue, saturation, value) slider that we can edit existing swatches with, I'm sure that might be good enough to satisfy enough people, and may require the least amount of work. Right?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    People think color wheel was a big part of the problem when it comes to run TS3 but the problem was actually the amount of patterns that came with. Just a SIMPLE color wheel would be fine! Only colors, no patterns!
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    It will probably be a simple color wheel I'll be fine with that
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I really still want the color wheel to be added to the game, even if it was only for CAS or BB mode...but I would definitely love to be able to edit the eye color of my Sims and also the hair color...it would be worth it in my opinion...maybe some people who previously didn’t buy TS4 will buy it after they release something like that. They never even said it’s impossible, so yeah...also apparently the color wheel for C&D EP was added by mistake...hmmm...
  • DonnaVal7111DonnaVal7111 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm sure like most of you, I have been an avid Sims player since it's inception. When they introduced the color wheel in Sims 3, I was absolutely elated. Not to put anyone down, but some of the pattern choices and colors in the "build and buy" are just plain awful. I wouldn't have them in my real house never mine my Sims home. Please bring back the color wheel if only for objects.
  • Zagatta7Zagatta7 Posts: 229 Member
    I want that feature back.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited July 2019
    I think I over-used the color wheel in Sims 3 because after a while the costumes, especially, were extremely slow to load and eventually stuck and I had to leave it alone. It must have been all those Scottish tartans I loaded! :D I hardly played the game at all! I still don't know if it was too many patterns or CC or something wrong with the programming.

• GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    People think color wheel was a big part of the problem when it comes to run TS3 but the problem was actually the amount of patterns that came with. Just a SIMPLE color wheel would be fine! Only colors, no patterns!
    The amount of patterns in that game was ridiculous. As much as I miss giving my house wallpaper that looks like it was on fire it's a worthy sacrifice for fps.
    A color wheel for CAS should theoretically be just fine and maybe build mode too.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    I know that almost everyone wants it implemented into the game and it's a pretty unpopular opinion but am I the only one who isn't a fan of the color wheel being used for objects? I'd be completely fine if it was implemented for certain things in CAS like skin tones and hair colors but I feel like as if it isn't as true to life if furniture, wallpaper and floors had every single color swatch you could ever think of at your disposal (plus, I ain't really into the idea of me picking an exact color that corresponds to a hex number that isn't an "official" swatch but that's just me... :p ).
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos
  • Aurora_Moon83Aurora_Moon83 Posts: 2 New Member
    I want the color wheel back too as well. it really saved me time on having to download recolors of the exact same item over and over.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    I just need things to MATCH.

Edit: At least add new swatches!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    Strongly agree. I don't want to my sims so easily to dress to same
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I loved the colour wheel and if the patterns are a problem , just limit them and let the player decide how much their computer can handle.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    maybe you need to realize that the color wheel will not return that as been mention in lots of threads if you went certain colors nothing prevents you from using the sims studio then Photoshop and a good paint program to add the colors your went because no matter how manytime said subject will be posted on you need to accept that the current game the sims4 will not have a color wheel even do with the pet expansionpack they added one but for sims it will not be the case. But you never know they might bring it back for the sims5.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sims 3 had a Color Wheel for everything and beautiful Color Swatches for stuff, clothing, walls, doors & floors. So, Sims 4 should have that also.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Color Wheel like in cats&dogs is good enough to be put in the game for sims to use, I really want to color my sims hair but only on specific part too bad I cant do that.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    If the colour wheel was to come back then I'd at least like them to omit all the patterns. It took forever for those things to load.

Personally I don't mind whether it's a colour wheel or not, I just would like more options for things such as hairstyles and furniture items. Like for instance I would like to be able to pick the colours for the frame and sheets of a bed separately. A colour wheel or a more extensive colour palette would be ideal here.
  • Snow_peasSnow_peas Posts: 2 New Member
    Omg having the colour wheel back would be amazing!!! So sick of all the same colours.
  • ARGARG Posts: 1 New Member
    All I want is a color wheel in the Sims 5! If they include that, it alone will be enough for me to buy the Sims 5, for me personally!
  • SarahSoda9SarahSoda9 Posts: 19 Member
    Yassssss Colour Wheel! Colour Wheel!!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I found myself mostly using with clothing items, because quite simply, the swatches were just too limited for what I wanted (and in many cases, if I used a catalog model as a basis for a Sim, I tried to match their outfit exactly). TS4 has that same issue, but compounded, without the ability to use the color wheel to fix it. And in my opinion, it would be far easier to implement than adding dozens upon dozens of recolors.

Recolors can be done in Sims4Studio, but it's a quite complex and complicated process compared to the old Create a Style color wheel.
  • Meg2010JacobMeg2010Jacob Posts: 4 New Member
    Reasons I would like the color wheel back:
    #1) NOTHING MATCHES!!!
    #2) One part of an item will match what I need but another does not
    #3) How hard would it be to put it back in?
    #4) Do you like tormenting us?
    #5) The fact that we do not have a color wheel is why I only play for few minuets and quit because I get frustrated at #1 (nothing matching)
    #6) You can't just introduce this wonderful kind of tool in the previous game (The Sims 3) and then leave us hanging...
    #7) My design/CDO (OCD but in the correct order) is flying off the charts when I get to the BUY Mode part of working on any home
    #8) If I want a purple and green room then I want the option to have a purple and green room (of a specific hue/tone/saturation, and Hex# and RBG#) and all over the room...
    #9) I play sims often and often in different moods. If I feel the need to change a room color, I should be able to do that without having to buy all new furniture and getting frustrated at #1 (nothing matching) again!
    #10) This tool should also apply to BUILD Mode, BUY Mode, and Create A Sim Mode...

I am increasingly frustrated at every expansion, game, and stuff pack that you release that does not provide this tool as you keep giving us wonderful new items but I cannot use with items from different packs since they DO NOT MATCH! I can get over the other things that I believe are missing from your game such as larger lots, cars, free roam, etc, if we only had this tool included in this game.