Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Color Wheel

Comments

• grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    Yes! I would love to have the Colour Wheel back again - I was so disappointed when I found out that it wasn't included in TS4. It frustrates the hell out of me that furniture doesn't match & as for the crap curtain colours....... :s It needs to return!
  • NovuNovu Posts: 21 Member
    Color wheel is one of those things that probably won't happen until Sims 5. If it is not part of the base game then it becomes too difficult to go back and put it in later.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    It wouldn't even have to be a wheel. A palette of set colours that we can customise clothes and furniture with would be perfect. But yeah, almost certainly not happening now :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2019

YesYesYes

loads of people have wanted some form of create a style/color wheel since it was announced it was not included.

EA know people want it
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    YES! i loved that one where you could totally customize all your stuff!
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Yes please. I am tired of having my sims wear the exact same clothes and color as the NPCs all because there are not a lot of options to choose from. A couch that I love just doesn't come in the color I want. Houses feel so generic. Sims feel the same as one another :( :(
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    Not having a color wheel is my biggest complaint about S4. In that survey I filled out yesterday, it asked what could be done to improve the Sims 4. I answered, "give me a color wheel". One thing the devs do NOT know how to do is match colors. Even black doesn't match the black on something else.

Completely done with EA

• Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Putting back in the color wheel might've been a nice addition to ts4 way back when toddlers were put back into ts4... but at this point in the lifespan of the game, I would just like more content... specifically interesting, engaging, less-buggy content. Ts4 still feels empty to me.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I just want some way of ensuring more clothes and furnishings actually match.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    GemSixx wrote: »
    Not having a color wheel is my biggest complaint about S4. In that survey I filled out yesterday, it asked what could be done to improve the Sims 4. I answered, "give me a color wheel". One thing the devs do NOT know how to do is match colors. Even black doesn't match the black on something else.

Agreed fully, also some build,buy content as like 3 presets :#
    Being able to use it on cats&dogs but not on clothing/build/buy drives me nuts when building :/

Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Putting back in the color wheel might've been a nice addition to ts4 way back when toddlers were put back into ts4... but at this point in the lifespan of the game, I would just like more content... specifically interesting, engaging, less-buggy content. Ts4 still feels empty to me.

true it does feel empty,
    it still as long time to this game ends tho.

• redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I don't think it is even mildly possible in Sims 4 but in Sims 5 definitely needs it back.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I don't think it is even mildly possible in Sims 4 but in Sims 5 definitely needs it back.

Yes. That's the problem for me with wishing ts4 would finally become playable for me, surpass it's innumerable limitations, and have the content, features, and enjoyment that I became accustomed to in previous iterations... at this point 5 years into I'm just kind of over it, waiting it out impatiently, and so very ready to see what the next iteration brings.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2019
    I can't see it (colorwheel) without game being totally overhauled with color channels added to every thing as a color wheel would be useless if we could not color anything and you need color channels to do that. That would be thousands of hours of dev work with nothing added but a ability to add color - not a good idea at this point in the game. This needed to be part of the base game to be beneficial - not an afterthought - well in my view anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    Honestly it's the only thing I really miss from The Sims 3. It was so useful.
  • LadyBee98LadyBee98 Posts: 8 New Member
    More customization! For everything! Color wheel! Color wheel! Color wheel!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Hope they add a color wheel to Sims 5 if it's not possible to add one in Sims 4
    a256aFi.gif
  • CelesterraCelesterra Posts: 80 Member
    A color wheel would be extremely helpful! There have been many times when I liked the clothing item and wanted to change it to a specific color. Let's make this happen fellow simmers!
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant Sorry that this is off topic, but are you the YouTuber XFreezerBunnyX?

More on topic, I wish they could add a color wheel ONLY for skin and hair colors. I know it's really not possible for everything. But we basically got the color wheel back for pet coats, so why not human skin and hair?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i fully agree with @FreezerBunnyCowplant about the return of the color wheel in the sims5 sure i love the sims4 but the sims4 is pretty limited in term of color choices
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I dont want the color wheel. I have also heard from watching a game changer video, cant remember who, but they said gurus have flat out said color wheel is not going to be done.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2019
    soko37 wrote: »
    I dont want the color wheel. I have also heard from watching a game changer video, cant remember who, but they said gurus have flat out said color wheel is not going to be done.

But a color wheel can be done in Sims 5 :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • mercy55funmercy55fun Posts: 78 Member
    Yes, I want it too.
  • syg1523syg1523 Posts: 102 Member
    Yeah, I agree...I think that they should fix the current color wheel for pets and make it compatible for skin and hair color...that way we can have different color hair accessories, and make our sims with different color highlights and such, as well as make our sims skin color unique and different. I swear it seems like all the sims are the same in their appearance.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    If they can give us a colour wheel for pets they can gives us one for other things. Either that or give us more skin, hair and colours. The amount we get is pathetic. They eventually gave us more for TS3, they can do so for TS4

And let us mix and match channels in swatches for objects like in TS2. It annoys me that I cant use the counter top I like with the cabinet colour I like, or the only duvet for that bed that I like with the only headboard I like for that bed. Build/Buy objects in general need more swatches.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs