Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We require 64-bit binaries

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    FordGT90ConceptFordGT90Concept Posts: 355 Member
    edited June 2013
    gaa17 wrote:
    Maybe I'm wrong...but why does the game think these are my stats when they are definitely not. And why do all Mac people regardless of actual specs have the same virtual memory amount?

saubd2L.png
    Is The Sims 3 on Mac run via Boot Camp? If it is, I suspect Boot Camp uses 32-bit Windows and by default, 32-bit Windows only allows 2 GiB of RAM to applications.
    davina1221 wrote:
    :D Total novice here. Don't understand really any of it. I did see on my computer that it is a 64 bit. If they make a 64 bit system, does that mean less glitches/error codes/ ect.? thanks.
    For sure fewer crashes to the desktop, especially with lots of expansions installed. Glitches and error codes can still happen.
  • Options
    NavazzahNavazzah Posts: 156 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Don't know if this thread is still alive but I'll add my support for it anyway. I have a powerful, 64-bit gaming rig and I'm so sick of the "Max Memory Used" crashes. There's no need to post help links for me, since I've been there and done that, so to speak. Every other possible cause have been already ruled out. I have absolutely no interest of buying Sims 4, so I hope EA finally does something to fix this before moving on. :?
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited March 2014
    Navazzah wrote:
    Don't know if this thread is still alive but I'll add my support for it anyway. I have a powerful, 64-bit gaming rig and I'm so sick of the "Max Memory Used" crashes. There's no need to post help links for me, since I've been there and done that, so to speak. Every other possible cause have been already ruled out. I have absolutely no interest of buying Sims 4, so I hope EA finally does something to fix this before moving on. :?

The Max Memory used crashes are due to The Sims 3's shoddy design and not due to it being 32-bit, if anything making it 64-bit would probably make it significantly worse.
    raw
  • Options
    NavazzahNavazzah Posts: 156 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Evil_One wrote:
    The Max Memory used crashes are due to The Sims 3's shoddy design and not due to it being 32-bit, if anything making it 64-bit would probably make it significantly worse.

Actually, while searching the reason for that crash message, this is what led me here...

Post n. 1512: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=416883&c=1&ht=0&page=61&pp=25#startcomment
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited March 2014
    My game has crashed too many times due to 32-bit limitations. It's not even funny anymore :(
    Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    Processor Architecture: AMD64
    Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3 GiB, not found)
    Antiviruses: Windows Defender

[WARNING CUSTOM CONTENT] 3/10/2014 1:43:08
    OS Version: 6.2.9200
    TS3 Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
    TS3 Version: 0.2.0.209
    Installed RAM: 15.89 GiB
    TS3 Free VM: 151 MiB / 4.00 GiB
    Crash Type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000014
    Crash Address: 0x005ec091 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x001eb091
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    pwilliams642pwilliams642 Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2014
    FYIi Windows 8 is supplied in one version and self adjusts as to whether it is loaded onto a 32 or 64 bit computer.
    I have just bought a dell inspirion 3000 i5 processor computer and loaded the sims 3 onto it. It not only starts up in 1/4 of the time taken by my old xp sp3 machine that has 4 gb. Ram but a agp graphics card
    The opening scene when first visiting a town look almost 3d
    I am now looking into linking the two pc's together into a home network.
  • Options
    DulceMellDulceMell Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2014
    Now I understand why my game crashes all the time with a Max Memory Used message.
    Old thread, but very relevant subject.
    Do something EA. I do not plan to buy the Sims 4 either, so I'd like my Sims 3 game to run smoothly.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    enterprise1927enterprise1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Bump even know that chance we will get 64 bit for Sims 3 from EA is non existent.

But I hope that someone will make the dream come true.
    i9-9900K @ 5Ghz core / 4.7Ghz uncore
    16GB Dual Ranks Hynix AFR @ 3500Mhz 16-18-18-36-2T
    ASRock Z370 Taichi
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 @ 2126Mhz core / 12600Mhz mem
    Transcend 220S 1TB NVME SSD / 4TB Seagate HDD
    Corsair HX 750W
    Custom water cooling
    NZXT H440
    Acer XR341CK 3440x1440 75Hz G-Sync compatible

• Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    Agreed, it's unacceptable that they never bothered to patch the game for 64 bit. Or, at the least, enabled support for multicore.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi simmers, please don't necro threads as per the forum rules. Closing necro'd thread.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top