Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    What about a keyboard?
    CathyTea wrote: »
    The game needs drums, that way Magnolia might at least pick up vibrations, I think.

Cello, too! :)

What about a keyboard? Know children can play them.
    image.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    What about a keyboard?
    The game needs drums, that way Magnolia might at least pick up vibrations, I think.

Oooh! Organ! She'd definitely feel those vibrations!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I'm finished with another chapter! This one brings back a familiar face and is also quite plot heavy... which is to say that Wendy's actions are finally starting to catch up to her.

I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    What about a keyboard?

Oooh! Organ! She'd definitely feel those vibrations!

Was remembering Beethoven, though there've been others since him apparently. And I have a hard of hearing friend who played the piano. Not the same thing I know. I'm only HOH myself so I only know what works for me, not what it's like to be completely deaf unless I take off my aids and cover my left ear.
    image.png
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    0Jk52AH.jpg

Blossom listens to the galactic radio in chapter 4!

I imagine Magnolia would be able to feel music coming from any string instrument by touching the strings, but that would of course change the sound! I wonder if she could play the guitar as long as someone tuned it for her? Not that she would care if it was out of tune, but listeners might :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »
    0Jk52AH.jpg

I imagine Magnolia would be able to feel music coming from any string instrument by touching the strings, but that would of course change the sound! I wonder if she could play the guitar as long as someone tuned it for her? Not that she would care if it was out of tune, but listeners might :)

When I play the cello, a huge part of the experience is the vibrations that come through the instrument (not the strings, but the body of the instrument) into me--the musician's body, including even spaces in the bones, becomes part of the instrument, affecting the sound! That's one reason that the same instrument can sound different when played by different musicians, or even when played by the same musician in different postures. And there's a whole branch of therapy that relies on cello vibrations--the client lies on a massage table, and the practitioner plays cello in healing resonances! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    0Jk52AH.jpg

When I play the cello, a huge part of the experience is the vibrations that come through the instrument (not the strings, but the body of the instrument) into me--the musician's body, including even spaces in the bones, becomes part of the instrument, affecting the sound! That's one reason that the same instrument can sound different when played by different musicians, or even when played by the same musician in different postures. And there's a whole branch of therapy that relies on cello vibrations--the client lies on a massage table, and the practitioner plays cello in healing resonances! :)

The concept of cello therapy sounds so interesting! I really love music but purely from a spectator's stand point as I've never had any talent for playing an instrument.

For this chapter it was really cool to imagine Blossom hearing the violin with Whisper singing over it!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm in the planning stage for the next part of my story and wanted to check with you guys about some collaboration.

First off, I'm not entirely happy with the posting schedule I've made for myself for 2018. I didn't want to do too many stories at once but splitting Glassbolt and the Alien Adoption challenge isn't feeling fluid for me. I don't know what to do about it yet, but I'll come up with something different.

For the month of March I won't have weekly updates for Magnolia Metamorphosis but sporadic updates because the story is going to continue.

Collab possibilities in spoiler:
    On Feb 28th, something is going to happen to Blossom that will force Magnolia to resume searching for others. I mentioned before that I was searching daily on Google to see if I could stumble upon our collab forum, and it happened! Magnolia will reach out on the collab forum for help and I'd really appreciate if anyone who is active there can look out for her post! I'll likely have a few staged chapters throughout March detailing how Magnolia deals with this, and then regular updates will resume in April. In April, I hope to have Blossom highly telepathic and be open for more collaboration at last!!

I'll notify you guys here when Magnolia makes her first post, but I was curious to know ahead of time if anyone is interested in working out possible collab details!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Well I wouldn't mind collaborating with someone. Haven't actually posted in the forum because it seemed to be abandoned. Hm, that might actually provide a plot idea for mine too, with Tresa considering posting but not sure of getting an answer because of lack of activity.
    image.png
  • Options
    Well I wouldn't mind collaborating with someone. Haven't actually posted in the forum because it seemed to be abandoned. Hm, that might actually provide a plot idea for mine too, with Tresa considering posting but not sure of getting an answer because of lack of activity.

And you know what, I hadn't even considered how active it was anymore haha! We can revive the forum together!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Now there's an idea.
    image.png
  • Options

And you know what, I hadn't even considered how active it was anymore haha! We can revive the forum together!
    Now there's an idea.

Also, Seb is one of the forum admins, so he gets notification when anyone posts, and so he will be sure to answer and welcome newcomers. :)

• Options

Haha, there's a reason that I didn't tell anybody when I posted to the forum - I liked that it seemed abandoned, and it definitely upped the drama between Wendy and Kanto (and it's even more now considering that Wendy has yet to reply... soon, hopefully!)

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm thinking about joining this. But i'm also a little nervous because I haven't played with aliens yet before. I'm reading some stories so I can get an idea of where I would want to go with it, but I'd be happy to join at level 6. i'm fine with other characters showing up in my stories.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    I'm thinking about joining this. But i'm also a little nervous because I haven't played with aliens yet before. I'm reading some stories so I can get an idea of where I would want to go with it, but I'd be happy to join at level 6. i'm fine with other characters showing up in my stories.

Hi, @Shadami !! This is a good way to introduce yourself to aliens, then! I hadn't really played with them before until this challenge, either. :) Welcome!!!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Thanks. I'm hoping to read a few first though ^^; I'm still super confused with the whole "hybrid/full thing" that i've been reading when looking up information on them.
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »

Welcome @shadami ! Feel free to flood us with questions here :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Welcome @Shadami ! Hop right in when you feel ready! And like Karilan said, feel free to ask if you're feeling confused about something.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Has anyone established lucky/unlucky numbers in their alien lore yet?

If not, does anyone have anything against the number 7 being considered a bad omen?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Hey @Shadami - I totally get what you were saying about being totally unsure about a lot of the lore (I'm still confused by some of it, ahahaha) - but it helps to check out the webpage and to ask a LOT of questions - I asked an annoying amount, and it was helpful... plus, you can start adding to it, and seeing as how my alien isn't a hybrid and I didn't really understand that so I didn't include it, which makes things easy.

But seriously, ask a lot of questions.
  • Options
    @Karilan I'm totally okay with number 7 being a bad omen.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    I suppose it's a matter of why not. [with seven being a bad omen]
    Anyhow, we can work with different cultures having different beliefs of that, correct?
  • Options
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    Anyhow, we can work with different cultures having different beliefs of that, correct?

Yeah, I think there should be varying cultures too.
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    Fine by me. Maybe there's a culture that reveres the number 7 too.
    image.png
  • Options
    For_Eorzea wrote: »

That makes sense! I like to keep any lore I create as open ended as possible to allow for flexibility and it makes sense to have different superstitions culturally. I'll add some details here as I work them all out. My next chapter will only be referencing it, but I think it will come up again later in the story.
    D2vFwMN.jpg