Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    well this is something I'm real proud of.

Congrats , Eorz ! This is awesome !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    Hey, everyone! My friend announced that the concept art I asked her to do might get finished one of these days. That means the High Throne of Naajuné might be published sooner than I thought. Remember the lore I talked about in the autumn?
    I'm excited!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @RipuAncestor @karilan @superkyle221 thank you. I will probably be asking a ton of questions as soon as I make them. At this point I'm still reading through Septemus, my son, but I'm almost finished. And i've been reading the collabs that it links to as I read. Kind of get an idea of where the story is at as a whole I guess ^^;;
    I'm hoping to read the full stories but from what I've seen here's my first question.

Are the stories all written in letter format?
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    @RipuAncestor @karilan @superkyle221 thank you. I will probably be asking a ton of questions as soon as I make them. At this point I'm still reading through Septemus, my son, but I'm almost finished. And i've been reading the collabs that it links to as I read. Kind of get an idea of where the story is at as a whole I guess ^^;;
    I'm hoping to read the full stories but from what I've seen here's my first question.

Are the stories all written in letter format?

@Shadami

Nope! My story (We Belong to the Song) is not written in letter or diary format. I believe there are a few others that are also not written that way (I believe that was one of my first questions too, ahahaha).

You're pretty much free to write it any way you want, in that regard.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I wasn't oppossed to doing a letter. Just not sure how I want to go about it quite yet. ^^

do the abductions happen more often if there are aliens in the household? I still haven't seen an abduction.

And vampire alien... is a mod? yes?
  • Options
    I'm actually curious about the abduction aspect as well - I think the rocket science skill helps, but I'm not certain. Nobody from my story has been abducted.
  • Options
    Rocket Science skill... Hmm I'll poke around with that and see if it helps, all I've been able to figure out so far is: its random, and more frequent if your a scientist. But there's got to be something that makes it happen without scientist being needed. xD
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    edited February 2018
    Seems to be random for me too though three of them may have had low rocket scientist skill from helping their kids with projects. I just decided that the aliens must really like entertainers because a comedian near the top of his career got abducted repeatedly.
    The journalist who got abducted long before her astronaut wife is a mystery. Maybe the extraTs wanted to complain about the lies being spread about them in the media, lol.

ETA: Not sure if aliens in a household make a difference, though the Yomins seem to have gotten one or two visitations per generation so far. Yet the one that got two in one week has no aliens. Guess they wanted their story told properly by my author sim.
    image.png
  • Options
    I'm really kind of hoping I can experience an abduction. I've really been looking forward to it since I learned of the sims 4 game. xD
  • Options
    Well good luck to you. Hm, if you have a sim work as a scientist you can build a satellite and contact aliens. Might increase your chances.
    image.png
  • Options
    I'm really kind of hoping I can experience an abduction. I've really been looking forward to it since I learned of the sims 4 game. xD

Hiya! Yeah, Septemus, My Son was written in letter form just because that's how I wanted to do it. A few other stories are also in letter format or journal format. But it can really be written in any style you want at all! :)

As for abductions, Seb gets abducted a lot! The first one happened after he went to an Alien Night, then as he started working on the rocket and developing rocket science skills, they kept happening. The more he associates with extra-Ts, the more abductions happen!

Mallory got abducted and she has no rocket-science skill, but she interacts with extra-Ts all the time! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    So how do I get an alien night at the bar to happen? xD I really really want to learn more about aliens I still have yet to play them. I guess that kind of means this challenge would be perfect for me to play. I usually do some kind of free play no challenge when I'm learning new features first though.
    That's why I'm nervous about jumping right in.
  • Options
    So how do I get an alien night at the bar to happen? xD I really really want to learn more about aliens I still have yet to play them. I guess that kind of means this challenge would be perfect for me to play. I usually do some kind of free play no challenge when I'm learning new features first though.
    That's why I'm nervous about jumping right in.

I think they happen on certain nights... This post at Carl's Guide forum says its every Tuesday night...

I think you can just visit pups on Tuesday, and one of the pub will have Alien Night--you'll get a notification. Also, if your Sim has friends, they might call and invite the Sim out for alien night!

I just had Seb visit a few pubs on Tuesday until we found it...

• Options
    That sounds awesome. I'll try Tuesday nights and see if it helps my luck. ^-^ Also I have made my alien sim. May I take 37?
  • Options
    That sounds awesome. I'll try Tuesday nights and see if it helps my luck. ^-^ Also I have made my alien sim. May I take 37?

Sure thing!

• Options
    I had been thinking about alien night, then forgot to check when it was, so thanks for the information, CathyTea! I'm trying to keep my Yomin family full aliens for as many generations as possible, though my chosen heir seems to have other ideas.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    And vampire alien... is a mod? yes?
    @Shadami Yes. It is. Though apparently it might be possible to get a true alien/vampire hybrid in the game by having a vampire male birthing an abduction-baby. But the vampire-aliens in our stories are different.

There's a CC fang-set for non-vampire Sims out there. I can link them for you if you need them.
    Post edited by RipuAncestor on
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    Bella Goth got abducted in an early save of mine. I hadn't played the Goths before so I basically went OMG and thought it was prewritten.

TS2 makes one dream...
  • Options
    @RipuAncestor no I'm just curious. Thank you though. ^^ I'm not good with CCs, i tend to screw things up somehow even following directions step by step, so i like to stick with in game stuff even if I have to creative my way around things to get them how I want them.

I'll be starting my story today probably... maybe. I'm slightly nervous. xD
  • Options
    Hi guys! I've got a new chapter for my story, and I'm very excited about it! It's co-written with @CathyTea !

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 27
    ev6odf3.jpg
    Taimi goes on an adventure and comes across another soul on a journey.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    @wendelyne - I had a quick question about how you're using Dr. Zest

In your story, is he just a child psychologist? Or is he working with other people behind the scenes? (Feel free to PM me if it's a spoiler) - I'm planning to include him soon and I don't want to contradict any of what you've written.

Also, what lot are you using for his office?
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hey guys! Here's my myth regarding the number 8.
    Please feel free to critique and let me know what to remove/add!
    Once we're done editing I'll add it to my blog so that anyone else can reference it as well.
    Floating on the edge of the Sizumi galaxy exists a planet by the name of Modesi. As far as anyone is concerned, Modesi is and has been a depressing and desolate place for thousands of years, known only for it's dry deserts and drier citizens. Nothing of use has ever been produced in Modesi.

Yet there are some who wonder about a myth that preaches a much different tale.

It was once said that a floral spirit took pity on the planet and flew tirelessly across it's surface for 8 years, sprinkling it's essence over every sun scorched plain until the ground was an absolute cornucopia of flora.

The planet's inhabitants rejoiced at their luck, but further encouraged the news and negative stereotypes regarding their planet's worthlessness in efforts to keep their natural fortune to themselves.

As the years passed, the tired spirit witnessed the lack of gratitude the planet expressed and was incensed. Upon reaching the 8th year since it had finished sprinkling the planet with beauty, the spirit had had enough. Rather than double it's work to remove the blessing, the floral spirit cast a curse upon the planet which caused it's life - all it's life - to droop and wilt.

Confused by their plight, the citizens suffered for an entire year before groveling before the spirit with apologies and promises to cherish the blessing that they had no right to expect in the first place.

Satisfied, the spirit lifted the curse and restored the gifts it had bore upon the planet, only without the everlasting touch of the spirit itself. The receivers of the blessing would be responsible for caring for the plants now, and the planet.

Following that tragic year, traditions were formed and respect for the temperamental spirit grew from their fear. Gratitude become custom, and none dared to act selfishly on the 8th anniversary of any occasion. 8th birthdays were not celebrated. The 8th room of a hotel, or 8th house in a lane, would be dedicated to the spirit and become a place of worship and charity.

New flowers and trees were planted in bunches of 7, only. No family bore more than 7 children. Rulers governed for no longer than 7 years.

7 became a planet wide symbol for respect and gratitude.

But as far as anyone in the universe actually knew, Modesi was nothing but a deserted desert planet.

And if you wish to know, here is how the myth is going to be relevant to my story:
    Blossom's root (who she was cloned from) died of pfura during her 8th year. Laria's mother came from the planet Modesi and believes the superstition that 8 is an ill omen. Laria's death will be significant in the next few chapters, but her mother's history won't be important until the sequel story. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    @Karilan - That is such a beautiful myth! The planet sounds really neat, too.

And... I just realized that Octy's name (Octavius) means Eight! It will work fine, though--he's a bit of an unusual child, so I could see Xirra being very fine with her son having this name! :)

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @Karilan - That is such a beautiful myth! The planet sounds really neat, too.

And... I just realized that Octy's name (Octavius) means Eight! It will work fine, though--he's a bit of an unusual child, so I could see Xirra being very fine with her son having this name! :)

Thanks Cathy!!

Perhaps he is there to prove the myth wrong! There's also the possibility Xirra has never heard the myth. We could have some fun when/if Blossom and Octy ever meet depending on if Blossom ends up believing the myth!

"Sept your brother is a curse. You know that, right?" :D

The fact that it is just a myth will be significant, too.
    I'll never have Laria's mother confirm or deny whether the myth is true.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    @Karilan I'm sure Xirra knows the myth! She's both keen on symbolism and subversion, so I think that she will take this part of the myth...
    The receivers of the blessing would be responsible for caring for the plants now, and the planet.

...and find the significance of Octy's name in that!

I can see her and Shésti AND Teko, all telling Octy,
    "Yes, you ARE responsible for caring for the plants, and the pups, and the planet. It's in your NAME! You're named the care-taker, The Great Eight.