Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Wild With The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Okay, since my work is slow, I'm going to throw out some more questions.

How many mood buff environment areas are there?

If a Sim were to set off into the jungle without any supplies, what's the average chance of survival?

If a Vampire turns into a skeleton and then dies, is the ghost form still cursed to look like a skeleton?

Do Vampires retain their powers and unique needs when they are turned into skeletons?

Can children be cursed? (I doubt it, but just wondering)

Can children die in the jungle from any of the new dangers? (Sorry if this is morbid)

I think that's all I've got for now. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

If a Sim were to set off into the jungle without any supplies, what's the average chance of survival?

If a Vampire turns into a skeleton and then dies, is the ghost form still cursed to look like a skeleton?

Do Vampires retain their powers and unique needs when they are turned into skeletons?

Can children die in the jungle from any of the new dangers? (Sorry if this is morbid)

Here comes the supernatural questions coming from the mistress of supernatural herself!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options

Here comes the supernatural questions coming from the mistress of supernatural herself!

I'm honored to have been granted that title! <3>:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    vaguely in the same vein, is there anything special about the poison ghosts? new interactions or capabilities or such? (perfectly fine with just a 'yes' and no clarification if there are any. surprises are good)

one of my favorite things about most of the older ghosts is their new abilities. the emotional ghosts give off auras of their death emotion, fire ghosts can start fires, drowning ghosts leave puddles everywhere, sauna ghosts can soak up puddles, cowplant ghosts can revive, boost, or kill plants based on their mood, stuff like that. the latest two death types (pufferfish and sunlight) both look great (i really do like the pufferfish in the chest) but don't seem to have anything like those. for the sunlight ghosts, i'm pretty ok with that. they're already vampires, so have a lot of abilities with that
  • Options
    SimladineSimladine Posts: 9 New Member
    I def can't wait to see more info about the new Selvadoradan locals :)
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    edited February 2018

A few unique buffs with ~7 or so total places in the world to trigger various buffs.

Pretty good. There's no instant death, so things can be prevented if you're careful & paying attention.
    But if you're not reacting to the bad things that happen... I think you'll likely die within a few days.

Ghosts can be blessed with skeleton-ism (they look really cool too), but if a skeleton dies, they'll be human (or vamp) as a ghost.

For the most part, yes. Some changes regarding motives, biting, etc. But by and large vamp powers should still work as a skelly. (In fact, I posted a pic where you can just barely see a vamp skelly burning in the sun)

No.

You're SICK! And I believe so (beware of bugs that set fires). [Not 100% sure on this one though. I'll have to check it out when I have a moment]

• Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    SIMGURUNINJA, I love the look of this gamepack!

PS: Please find a way for us to create our own styled looks in the future.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja

I noticed in the video Sims swatting insects like they do in Granite falls. Will the insect repellent from the herbalism skill be of benefit in the new world?

I am a "Treasure Hunter" (from the quiz) so will the relics we find be worthwhile selling in a retail shop and/or can we sell them to the Sims Museum?

Are sleeping bags included in the Pack?

Are the explorable places (like the Temple) one large lot so we can place a tent anywhere while exploring rather than having to return to "base camp" every day?

I loved WA. This pack could get me back playing the game. :D

SimGuruMeg confired no sleeping bags on twitter.
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Thanks for the answers @kalaksed and @catloverplayer but I'm still wondering about placing tents in the explorable areas? I was watching a live stream where the player went through a "vine gate" and started excavating a relic spot. Can tents be placed in those types of areas?

Also @SimGuruNinja assuming I have to go back to "base camp" each night is the parts already explored going to remain explored till the end of the vacation? I heard they will reset after a time but I'm hoping not within the same vacation period. :)
  • Options

A few unique buffs with ~7 or so total places in the world to trigger various buffs.

Pretty good. There's no instant death, so things can be prevented if you're careful & paying attention.
    But if you're not reacting to the bad things that happen... I think you'll likely die within a few days.

Ghosts can be blessed with skeleton-ism (they look really cool too), but if a skeleton dies, they'll be human (or vamp) as a ghost.

For the most part, yes. Some changes regarding motives, biting, etc. But by and large vamp powers should still work as a skelly. (In fact, I posted a pic where you can just barely see a vamp skelly burning in the sun)

No.

You're SICK! And I believe so (beware of bugs that set fires). [Not 100% sure on this one though. I'll have to check it out when I have a moment]

When you say "check it out", do you actually mean, "experiment and go set fire bugs on an unfortunate Sim spawn?" Lol...

Thank you much for the info. Holy mother of moods - 7 mood trigger areas? I didn't expect that many! Awesome.

I can't wait until I can get the pack and "experiment" for myself. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    @SimGuruNinja Since we can bring pet's along can they hunt for anything special while out in the jungle and can they protect you from the skeletons?

There looked like there was a new greeting with the cheek kiss in the trailer or either a romantic interaction? Is there any special greeting when visiting this world or to learn? :)

The open area with the flea market/base camp looks good though I wonder if that area gets busy at all at night, since it looks like the type of place you could party all night with sims.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    @SimGuruNinja when an alien sim turns into a skeleton, will it's skeleton look different than that of a normal sim?
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    There looked like there was a new greeting with the cheek kiss in the trailer or either a romantic interaction? Is there any special greeting when visiting this world or to learn? :)

Super stoked you noticed this. There's actually 2 new greetings. The first is an auto-greeting that triggers when Sims with Selvadoradian culture are saying hello to each other before carrying on with their interactions. The 2nd is a new introduction type you'll learn from the Selvadoradians.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm still wondering if we do in fact, in GT, have a similar kiss on cheek greet or not because that was on GT trailer too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm still wondering if we do in fact, in GT, have a similar kiss on cheek greet or not because that was on GT trailer too.

That was probably one of the special greetings that you can purchase with club points, so that would only be available to clubs that have it. I don't really remember it too well to know how similar the animation is or not, though.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    @SimGuruNinja when a Sim learn skeleton jokes can he reproduce them after? And can he teach them to another normal Sim?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    maya20200maya20200 Posts: 1 New Member
    i love this pack
  • Options
    hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    will there be local sims npcs living in salvadoria?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    @SimGuruNinja I have 2 questions

Can Sims stop and take a picture together while on that bridge overlooking the waterfall?

Is there a watch waterfall interaction from that bridge?
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    @SimGuruNinja can we use the traps and treasures in build mode to build for example a boggy trap house? o:)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers @kalaksed and @catloverplayer but I'm still wondering about placing tents in the explorable areas? I was watching a live stream where the player went through a "vine gate" and started excavating a relic spot. Can tents be placed in those types of areas?

Also @SimGuruNinja assuming I have to go back to "base camp" each night is the parts already explored going to remain explored till the end of the vacation? I heard they will reset after a time but I'm hoping not within the same vacation period. :)

Seems during the live stream I believe they did mention you could place a tent in those areas.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

No.

really no instant death what a shame I really wanted some sudden death @SimGuruNinja
    it doesn't seem as dangerous if you always have lots of time :/
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    nightflower284nightflower284 Posts: 660 Member
    I wish I could buy it now before my money is all gone to responsibility stuff :( .
    "Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel. But it is life." Auron to Tidus-FFX

MY ORIGIN ID:cth284
  • Options
    greener1435greener1435 Posts: 32 Member
    welp there goes my money... (worth it!)

I'm so so so ready for this! I've been wanting a pack like S3 World Adventures and though this isn't exactly the same exact pack, it's probably the closest thing we'll get. (which is not a complaint!)

I can't wait for it to come out aaaaaa
  • Options
    SimladineSimladine Posts: 9 New Member
    @SimGuruNinja Is there possibly a way to get the locals added to your playable sim family?

*thinks of endless possibilities with families* *_*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top