Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Wild With The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Aren't we having a livestream today?

Friday. Feb 23rd.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    #Team Occult
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Awesome Temple - can't wait to explore it all...... Thank you for sharing the new trailer.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Did you see the bats?! BATS THAT ATTACK!! <3 And all of the traps and puzzles look like so much fun! GAWD I can't wait for this!

I have to say that never experiencing World Adventures was one of my big regrets for skipping Sims 3 and I thought I was going to miss out on that kind of adventure completely with Sims 4. So this pack makes me incredibly happy that I can send my unsuspecting Sims on a dangerous journey through jungles and tombs and trials, and be able to find treasures and have archaeologists.

Thank you SO MUCH dev team! <3<3<3
    #Team Occult
  • GlitterbuGlitterbu Posts: 58 Member
    But the real question is, am I going to want to do any of the activities in the pack more than once
    s7fTQtj.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Glitterbu wrote: »
    But the real question is, am I going to want to do any of the activities in the pack more than once

Well if you want to find all the different content you will as the temple and content changes with different visits. So I guess that is only a question you can ask yourself. LOL.

Also keep in mind even if exploring is not your thing this is also a South American vacation pack - exploring is just one of the ways you can vacation from the sounds of what the Guru's have said so far.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Glitterbu wrote: »

I definitely will. I already have two separate adventuring households just about ready to embark. :)
    #Team Occult
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    i wont lie but i cant say i am impressed with this pack even though i do think they put a lot of work into it. the problem is this feels out of place with the sims universe and i feel the same way with world adventures which quite frankly never really impressed me that much and i felt was the least interesting expansion pack.
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    i wont lie but i cant say i am impressed with this pack even though i do think they put a lot of work into it. the problem is this feels out of place with the sims universe and i feel the same way with world adventures which quite frankly never really impressed me that much and i felt was the least interesting expansion pack.

That's okay. I'm excited enough for a few people so I'll cover your lack of. ;)

I never saw the Sims games as something that had to be realistic and I really don't think they were ever intended to be. I always saw them as templates for the player to choose whatever type of world we want to play in. Sure, they are a parody with a basis in real life and trends and such, but there have always been supernatural elements and aliens and bizarre tidbits. There's quite a variety of play styles and preferences among the player base and the packs reflect that, allowing us to pick and choose the ones that suit each of our needs. That's the beauty of the Sims franchise. You can take a look at the world of three different players and find a completely different focus with each one. :)
    #Team Occult
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm with @lielf on this one, plenty of spare excitement to make up for three, maybe four people's lack thereof. although, there is a bit of a drawback to this... have a feeling i may have to skip friday's stream or i'll explode before the pack arrives...

also, i don't get why so many different styles of simmers feel there has to be an 'us' vs 'them' to it. family play vs builders vs fans of the bizarre. we're all simmers! (it doesn't hurt that i do pretty much all of it in my gameplay)
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i'm with @lielf on this one, plenty of spare excitement to make up for three, maybe four people's lack thereof. although, there is a bit of a drawback to this... have a feeling i may have to skip friday's stream or i'll explode before the pack arrives...

also, i don't get why so many different styles of simmers feel there has to be an 'us' vs 'them' to it. family play vs builders vs fans of the bizarre. we're all simmers! (it doesn't hurt that i do pretty much all of it in my gameplay)

I have to work when the livestream airs, so I may not be able to tune in, it depends on how busy I am and if I can time my lunch break accordingly. I was going to try to stay away, with the intent on leaving some surprises for myself, but who am I kidding? :D
    #Team Occult
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I have to work when the livestream airs, so I may not be able to tune in, it depends on how busy I am and if I can time my lunch break accordingly. I was going to try to stay away, with the intent on leaving some surprises for myself, but who am I kidding? :D

There will be replays.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    This trailer looks awesome! I cannot wait!
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

SimsVIP usually posts replays very soon after the livestreams, so don't worry - it'll probably be already waiting for you after your work ;)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

looks good
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    The new trailer is awesome. I am getting more and more excited. Loved the new dance moves so much. :wink:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I am wondering if the plasma bats in the Jungle are the origins of vampires? Hmmm? I'm so excited for this pack to come out! I have my jungle expedition team all ready to go!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Yup. This is what I need. Something for my sims to DO!
  • AlphidiusAlphidius Posts: 1 New Member
    > @brendhan21 said:
    > i wont lie but i cant say i am impressed with this pack even though i do think they put a lot of work into it. the problem is this feels out of place with the sims universe and i feel the same way with world adventures which quite frankly never really impressed me that much and i felt was the least interesting expansion pack.

Are you kidding me?
    World Adventures was one of the most interesting EP for Sims 3.
    The tomb exploration in Egypt itself is enough to make multiple trips back and with the missions, it's almost never enough of vacation days.

Jungle Adventure looks set to be the next World Adventures just that it seems smaller (in WA we had 3 countries of choice to visit).
    I am wondering if the plasma bats in the Jungle are the origins of vampires? Hmmm? I'm so excited for this pack to come out! I have my jungle expedition team all ready to go!

You know there are wild bats in Forgotton Hollow that come out of a cave above the waterfall but unfortuanly those won't bite sims.
  • Ath3lasAth3las Posts: 24 Member
    I really do love the idea of a adventure pack and the new interactions, but I am just a little disappointed with what we are getting in the way of clothes and items. I feel they are another variation of what we already have, same clothes different colours, BBQ just a different look, another sink, another set of pots ... empty, though I really like the look of the display case. I know the creators are busy and I do appreciate what has been made previously but I think its time to expand, look to the other creators on the other sims sites for inspiration.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I have a question will the herbalism skill from Outdoor Retreat do anything if you have that pack?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Ath3las wrote: »
    I really do love the idea of a adventure pack and the new interactions, but I am just a little disappointed with what we are getting in the way of clothes and items. I feel they are another variation of what we already have, same clothes different colours, BBQ just a different look, another sink, another set of pots ... empty, though I really like the look of the display case. I know the creators are busy and I do appreciate what has been made previously but I think its time to expand, look to the other creators on the other sims sites for inspiration.

I like that grill. That's what I like about it. It looks different like a barrel. Also we're getting a glass sink the first ever in a pack.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Ath3las wrote: »

While I'm always up for more goodies, clothes, furniture, etc., I'm actually glad when they put more work into the activities and gameplay over objects in the GPs and EPs. I prefer leaving most of the stuff for the stuff packs so we can have more gameplay and bigger worlds in the other packs.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    I have a question will the herbalism skill from Outdoor Retreat do anything if you have that pack?

I believe it does, actually. SimGuruNinja said something about it. Some of the things you can create with herbalism are useful in the new pack. So it will help to get a Sim's herbalism skill up before adventuring to the jungle.
    #Team Occult

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top