The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member
    Benna_boo wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Jen! I've been playing the Sims for quite some time now and just decided to finally join the forums! I enjoy playing legacy families (mostly in a historical setting), as well as creating new, complex backstories for my sims. I really enjoy writing, so playing the Sims really gives me a great way to flesh out my characters, and create new stories, too!

Hello @Benna_boo :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you enjoy playing legacy families :) It is very enjoyable seeing the new generations of children and watching them growing up in our games. It is great seeing the interactions between the different generations, and the differences or simlarities between siblings. It is special that you have brought your creativity in writing, into simming by creating great background story details for your sims. Your sims would be great Households to play!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    H3ath3rlynnH3ath3rlynn Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi guys, I have since figured out that by killing off the alien I had moved into my household through an engagement, the music has stopped and game play is back to normal. I'm not sure if the alien was the cause, but that is the only thing I can think of. It is also the only difference that helped.

I had created a new game (now having 2 games to load from) which didn't have an issue, and I also tried going into a different household in the game with the problem and didn't have an issue. It was something with that household. I had 2 babies delivered and multiple promotions, and a game patch that did not solve the problem. The alien was the only thing that solved it. Maybe there was a glitch with that specific alien in my game. However, if you're having this problem I suggest undoing the most recent household change if you can.

Happy Simming!

> @H3ath3rlynn said:
    > Hi everyone, my name is Heather and I have been playing the Sims from the start. I have an update/patch problem and am upset that I cannot post in the discussion area to help get it solved.
    >
    > My loading music wont stop playing. I can barely hear normal game play noises in the background. The loading music is sped up and is extremely loud. I read somewhere that if you turn off lessons in origin that could help, I did, it didn't. Does anyone know of anything else that could help me. I'd like to be able to play my game.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Hi guys, I have since figured out that by killing off the alien I had moved into my household through an engagement, the music has stopped and game play is back to normal. I'm not sure if the alien was the cause, but that is the only thing I can think of. It is also the only difference that helped.

I had created a new game (now having 2 games to load from) which didn't have an issue, and I also tried going into a different household in the game with the problem and didn't have an issue. It was something with that household. I had 2 babies delivered and multiple promotions, and a game patch that did not solve the problem. The alien was the only thing that solved it. Maybe there was a glitch with that specific alien in my game. However, if you're having this problem I suggest undoing the most recent household change if you can.

Happy Simming!

> @H3ath3rlynn said:
    > Hi everyone, my name is Heather and I have been playing the Sims from the start. I have an update/patch problem and am upset that I cannot post in the discussion area to help get it solved.
    >
    > My loading music wont stop playing. I can barely hear normal game play noises in the background. The loading music is sped up and is extremely loud. I read somewhere that if you turn off lessons in origin that could help, I did, it didn't. Does anyone know of anything else that could help me. I'd like to be able to play my game.

Hello @H3ath3rlynn
    It is good that you found a way of fixing the issue in your game :)
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    Hey there! I’m new again. I started Simming with Sims 2 more than a decade ago and I play Sims 4 often. I’ve just never really posted to forums. Recently my simming has gone into overdrive after Hurricane Harvey. Our home was flooded and the out of control feeling of living in a damaged home is relieved a little by decorating the sims homes.

My love of home-building is very long term and Sims gives me an outlet for creativity. I used to draw my dream house in detail on grid paper when I was little and started off college going for architecture and drafting. I loved drafting but quit college when I had my first child, who is now in college herself (early college, so I have to drive her back and forth). Anyway, I have 4 kids, not including my husband, lol, and I homeschool all but the college student (I did, just not anymore).
  • Options
    HomeMama wrote: »
    Hey there! I’m new again. I started Simming with Sims 2 more than a decade ago and I play Sims 4 often. I’ve just never really posted to forums. Recently my simming has gone into overdrive after Hurricane Harvey. Our home was flooded and the out of control feeling of living in a damaged home is relieved a little by decorating the sims homes.

My love of home-building is very long term and Sims gives me an outlet for creativity. I used to draw my dream house in detail on grid paper when I was little and started off college going for architecture and drafting. I loved drafting but quit college when I had my first child, who is now in college herself (early college, so I have to drive her back and forth). Anyway, I have 4 kids, not including my husband, lol, and I homeschool all but the college student (I did, just not anymore).

Hello @HomeMama :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 2 , and are now playing Sims 4.
    I am so sorry to hear that your home was flooded by Hurricane Harvey :( It would be very upsetting and distressing for you. I send a hug to you <3 It is encouraging that you find decorating Sims homes is helping you cope with all that you have been going through.
    It is special that you homeschool your children <3 Siimming would give you a restful and relaxing break in the midst of your busy life and day.
    Happy building and simming! :)
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    Thank you so much, @rosemow! Yes, it’s been very therapeutic. Glad to be here and can’t wait to do some build challenges.
  • Options
    HomeMama wrote: »
    Thank you so much, @rosemow! Yes, it’s been very therapeutic. Glad to be here and can’t wait to do some build challenges.

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    DanS_ProgrammerDanS_Programmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello!

My Name Is DanS_Programmer(Because I Love Programming)I Began Playing The Sims 3 On The Playstation3.This Was when I Loved The Sims.After I Got My Computer,I Started Playing The Sims 4.I Was Disappointed By The Lack Of Things In It But I Still Enjoyed It. :)

The 'Programmer' In My Name Is To resemble That I Do Programming(NO I DO NOT WORK FOR EA)I Know HTML5 & Lua.I'm Still Learning CSS,Python & C#.

I Am A Really Big Fan Of The Sims & I Came To Join This Forum To Check Out All The New Announcements,Updates & To Hear The Gossip.

~~~~~ Sincerely DanS_Programmer <3
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Hey all! I've played Sims 1-3 with varying interest since their respective releases, but didn't really get into Sims 4 until I started watching some YouTubers play through some storylines (specifically Deligracy and Clare Siobhan) and received the Cats & Dogs expansion for Christmas. Since then, I've been playing through my first family ever. Normally I just create myself and my family/friends, build a bangin' house, and then call it good for a while. But I actually created a single Sim to play through their life and build a family, and I've been having a ball with it. (I'm not doing any kind of "legacy" challenge, just playing through the family and seeing what happens.) I'm interesting in being more social with other Simmers and wanted to join and stay more up-to-date with official announcements and see what others have been doing with their Sims. :)
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    Hello!

My Name Is DanS_Programmer(Because I Love Programming)I Began Playing The Sims 3 On The Playstation3.This Was when I Loved The Sims.After I Got My Computer,I Started Playing The Sims 4.I Was Disappointed By The Lack Of Things In It But I Still Enjoyed It. :)

The 'Programmer' In My Name Is To resemble That I Do Programming(NO I DO NOT WORK FOR EA)I Know HTML5 & Lua.I'm Still Learning CSS,Python & C#.

I Am A Really Big Fan Of The Sims & I Came To Join This Forum To Check Out All The New Announcements,Updates & To Hear The Gossip.

~~~~~ Sincerely DanS_Programmer <3

Hello @DanS_Programmer :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing sims 3 on PlayStation 3, then that led you on to playing sims 4 when you got yout computer.
    It is great that you enjoy programming, and have reflected it in your user name.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, and finding out about current and new upcoming things that are happening with the Sims game.
  • Options
    storminmay wrote: »
    Hey all! I've played Sims 1-3 with varying interest since their respective releases, but didn't really get into Sims 4 until I started watching some YouTubers play through some storylines (specifically Deligracy and Clare Siobhan) and received the Cats & Dogs expansion for Christmas. Since then, I've been playing through my first family ever. Normally I just create myself and my family/friends, build a bangin' house, and then call it good for a while. But I actually created a single Sim to play through their life and build a family, and I've been having a ball with it. (I'm not doing any kind of "legacy" challenge, just playing through the family and seeing what happens.) I'm interesting in being more social with other Simmers and wanted to join and stay more up-to-date with official announcements and see what others have been doing with their Sims. :)

Hello @storminmay :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have played each of the Sims versions. It is enjoyable watching simming YouTube videos and learning helpful tips about playing the game. It was a special Christmas gift to receive the Cats and Dogs pack :) Pets are fun to have as part of our sims households!
    I am glad that you are enjoying playing the sim and seeing them build their family and living their lives in your game. I hope that you will continue to enjoy playing this Sims household.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers on the forums threads and posting about your simming experiences .
  • Options
    IsraelIsrael Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, I just need some help with something in game so i decided to give out the forums a try so?!
  • Options
    Israel wrote: »
    Hi, I just need some help with something in game so i decided to give out the forums a try so?!

Hello @Israel :) Welcome to the forums.
    Because you are unable to start a new thread because you are a new member, you are welcome to post in these threads, if you have game issues,
    Sims 3 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
    Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest

• Options
    jpod2004jpod2004 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey simmers, I'm having a bit of trouble with my bundle pack I have purchased. I went to Argos (a shop that sells video games) and bought it there in a bundle pack with the sims 4 deluxe edition and sims 4 cats and dogs (although I already have the Sims 4 before I purchased, the shop only sold sims 4 cats and dogs in a bundle pack) and as I was installing sims 4 cats and dogs, it asked for a redeem code and so I typed it in but it said it was invalid so what can I do about it? Please help I've been up most of the night trying to get help from EA but no chat will load.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    jpod2004 wrote: »
    Hey simmers, I'm having a bit of trouble with my bundle pack I have purchased. I went to Argos (a shop that sells video games) and bought it there in a bundle pack with the sims 4 deluxe edition and sims 4 cats and dogs (although I already have the Sims 4 before I purchased, the shop only sold sims 4 cats and dogs in a bundle pack) and as I was installing sims 4 cats and dogs, it asked for a redeem code and so I typed it in but it said it was invalid so what can I do about it? Please help I've been up most of the night trying to get help from EA but no chat will load.

Hello @jpod2004
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, go to the EA Help site, https://help.ea.com/
    and see if you are able to get live chat working then.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Katy_Pug wrote: »
    Hi, im Katy. I was wondering how to post your own discussions. If someone knows please tell me
    Thanks
    Katy xoxoxo

Hello @Katy_Pug :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!

There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member. This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 25 points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted. Keep posting on the different threads and sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section ( where you are now posting ) is a good place to post on other simmers ‘ threads.

• Options
    AricieAricie Posts: 102 Member
    Heyho :smile:

I've been playing The Sims since Sims 1 came out, mostly playing legacy style games and challenges. I've always had pretty vanilla setups, very little CC and no mods. I just installed MCCC recently and a whole new world opened up to me. I've been reading SimLit online over the years but never really participated in the community. Now I've run into some technical troubles yesterday and turned to the internet for help. I was overwhelmed at how helpful and friendly people were. It made me want to participate more and share my simming with you guys :)
  • Options
    Aricie wrote: »
    Heyho :smile:

I've been playing The Sims since Sims 1 came out, mostly playing legacy style games and challenges. I've always had pretty vanilla setups, very little CC and no mods. I just installed MCCC recently and a whole new world opened up to me. I've been reading SimLit online over the years but never really participated in the community. Now I've run into some technical troubles yesterday and turned to the internet for help. I was overwhelmed at how helpful and friendly people were. It made me want to participate more and share my simming with you guys :)

Hello @Aricie :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since Sims 1. You would have enjoyed playing many sims households over the time and enjoyed seeing them live their sim lives as they grew up in your game.
    MCCC mod is great! It adds many special helpful features to the game!
    It is great that you have joined the forums community and will share your simming experiences with fellow simmers. I hope that will enjoy meeeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads.
  • Options
    Cait_2303Cait_2303 Posts: 58 Member
    Hiya! Especially @rosemow, you are active on so many threads! How do you have so much time!

I started playing The Sims 4 in 2015 and I haven't turned back since! I had no experience with the other Sims games but I am beyond impressed with the community this game has created. Recently, I went CC clean and I deleted nearly 100 items (Mainly hair and makeup) as my game was laggy and slow, it is so much better now. I recommend to everyone who is playing a glitchy game, to delete any custom content, and go fully vanilla. This is just my opinion though. Have a nice day everyone!
    sGdXQ3l.png

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Cait_2303 wrote: »
    Hiya! Especially @rosemow, you are active on so many threads! How do you have so much time!

I started playing The Sims 4 in 2015 and I haven't turned back since! I had no experience with the other Sims games but I am beyond impressed with the community this game has created. Recently, I went CC clean and I deleted nearly 100 items (Mainly hair and makeup) as my game was laggy and slow, it is so much better now. I recommend to everyone who is playing a glitchy game, to delete any custom content, and go fully vanilla. This is just my opinion though. Have a nice day everyone!

Hello @cait_2303 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 4 in 2015. You would have spent many fun and enjoyable hours ever since then simming! There are lots of special features of simming, from creating sims, to building homes or venues, and enjoying sims living their lives in our games!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Cait_2303 wrote: »

Hi Cait! I don't use CC either, for that very reason. I'm actually pretty happy with the vanilla game and it's always nice to see others who are, too. :) Welcome!
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    YukiDreamYukiDream Posts: 71 Member
    Well hello I guess?
    To be honest I'm not sure what I should say here and even if I should post anything? Since I'm not even sure for what I would use this site besides look up stuff to try in game. But I'll try to introduce myself anyway.
    The name I go by is Yuki, I'm a huge geek partaking in almost all well known ways people are said to be geeks (conventions, cosplays, DnD, etc.) and I have played both the sims 3 and 4. Currently trying to get my life back together so what better than to pick the sims back up again right?
    Idk what else to say so.... I hope everyone has a good night!
    tumblr_oxl78o9Egh1w5ftmio1_500.gif
  • Options
    YukiDream wrote: »
    Well hello I guess?
    To be honest I'm not sure what I should say here and even if I should post anything? Since I'm not even sure for what I would use this site besides look up stuff to try in game. But I'll try to introduce myself anyway.
    The name I go by is Yuki, I'm a huge geek partaking in almost all well known ways people are said to be geeks (conventions, cosplays, DnD, etc.) and I have played both the sims 3 and 4. Currently trying to get my life back together so what better than to pick the sims back up again right?
    Idk what else to say so.... I hope everyone has a good night!

Hello @YukiDream :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been playing both Sims 3 and 4. I send a hug to you <3 in all that your life is holding as you seek to get your life back together.
    The forums are a great place to post about your simming experiences, find helpful tips about playing the game, find game issues answers, as well as looking at pictures of others simmers creations. You are very welcome to post on any forum thread.
  • Options
    YukiDreamYukiDream Posts: 71 Member
    Thank you @rosemow :smiley: nice to meet you too.
    I will look around then! I'm excited to find something cool (which I'm sure I will).
    The same to you :smile:
    tumblr_oxl78o9Egh1w5ftmio1_500.gif
  • Options
    YukiDream wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow :smiley: nice to meet you too.
    I will look around then! I'm excited to find something cool (which I'm sure I will).
    The same to you :smile:

You’re welcome :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top