Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @Shadami Well, I won't tell you if I peaked or not, but... :smiley:
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm gonna guess that you did :P and i bet you can see why i'm asking and thinking that maybe the game is telling me to go a different route. xD repeatedly. with giant Neon signs.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member
    @simscognito I'm laughing at some hilarious Wild Mass Guesses on TV tropes page about The Magic School Bus. I think this one WMG-someone watched too much Doctor Who.. (and no not that Frizzle is a time lady) and read too much Harry Potter.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @Shadami No!!!!! I mean, I have no idea what you're talking about because I didn't look. :p
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito I'm laughing at some hilarious Wild Mass Guesses on TV tropes page about The Magic School Bus. I think this one WMG-someone watched too much Doctor Who.. (and no not that Frizzle is a time lady) and read too much Harry Potter.

Oh gosh @MadameLee you're going to have to share. :D
  • Options
    @simscognito going to share it with you in PM
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @simscognito I'm still not entirely convinced i should :P No worries. I have been tossing ideas around with my husband because he is also reading along.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    tenor.gif?itemid=8682648
    Happy Birthday, @Jes2G

Heeeey! Thanks. LOL
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    WHAT?? The BEAST (1991's Disney Beauty and the Beast)'s actor is the voice of Phoebe's teacher from her old school?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @MadameLee you're really delving deep into this Magic School Bus trivia, aren't you? :D
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hey, quick question; How would you write a character who doesn't really understand/respect personal space without making them seem obnoxious/inappropriate?

I'm introducing that kind of a character into TIOL, but still want him to be likable. I'm worried that he might come off as rude or annoying if I don't address his habit of being too touchy-feely the right kind of way. :sweat_smile:

I've seen characters in stories and movies who are very warm or energetic in their greetings, like to hug people, sit really close instead of giving space. Best ones I've seen are kind of unapologetic about it and excuse it away by saying "who wouldn't want a hug every now and then?"

Keep in mind that annoying can still be likable! You could make their habit irritatingly cute? I think positive energy is key here!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    @MadameLee you're really delving deep into this Magic School Bus trivia, aren't you? :D

@IchigoUsagi it's kind of a habit of mine. If I'm interested (I guess D.A sort of obsessed) in something (Magic School Bus, Wishbone, the original Arthur seasons)-I go look up what I can about it. Or I go see the wacky Wild Mass Guesses (like so-and-so is a Time Lord/Lady ((either Mary Poppins, or Frizzle)) or they're witches).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @simscognito @AdamsEve1231 that TMSB trailer apparently gave me a premise for this year's National Novel Writing Month's novel. I will just have to figure out how to figure out what happens after all the now-adult children go on a final trip to (h-word). But I need to finsh 2017's NaNoWri novel (I got 23 chapters and 2 of my characters aren't out of danger yet.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    time lord or witches. i've seen both of those before as well xD
  • Options
    @Shadami *confused* I know you're referring to my comment above..but I'm not exactly sure what you're sayiing
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee For Mary Poppins and Ms Frizzle. I've seen the fan theories as well that they could be time lords or witches. :]
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    @MadameLee For Mary Poppins and Ms Frizzle. I've seen the fan theories as well that they could be time lords or witches. :]

Well Mary Poppins bag IS bigger on the inside-how else can she carry all that stuff? Maybe Jane Banks was wrong? But we do know from Harry Potter there's a enchantment which makes them bigger.

The Bus can time travel and go to space- only (to our knowledge) the TARDIS-like machines can do that.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Well Mary Poppins bag IS bigger on the inside-how else can she carry all that stuff? Maybe Jane Banks was wrong? But we do know from Harry Potter there's a enchantment which makes them bigger.

The Bus can time travel and go to space- only (to our knowledge) the TARDIS-like machines can do that.

Oh gosh, when you come to think about it, it does kinda make sense. Does that mean Hermione's a timelord too with her timeturner and bag that's obviously bigger on the inside?
  • Options
    Well Hermionie is definitely a witch. xD Timelord? Probably not.
  • Options
    Well Hermionie is definitely a witch. xD Timelord? Probably not.

Well yeah, she wouldn't have got into Hogwarts if she wasn't a witch, unless...... she's an imposter! Ooh ooh a timelord that is pretending to be a witch! :smiley: .... Okay, too silly! *goes back to being practically perfect like Mary Poppins* o:)
  • Options
    @simscognito Hermione gave back the time turner which was on loan from the Ministry of Magic at the end of year 3 and in year 5 all the time turners got destroyed during the Battle of department of Mysteries.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @simscognito Hermione gave back the time turner which was on loan from the Ministry of Magic at the end of year 3 and in year 5 all the time turners got destroyed during the Battle of department of Mysteries.

Ahhh, so the Ministry of Magic are secretly Time Lords?? XD Okay okay... that's a real bummer the time turners all got destroyed. I remember that battle, but not much of the detail. I've only read the series once and most of it's a blur. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Ahhh, so the Ministry of Magic are secretly Time Lords?? XD Okay okay... that's a real bummer the time turners all got destroyed. I remember that battle, but not much of the detail. I've only read the series once and most of it's a blur. :D
    Ginny's ankle got broken, Ron went a bit um loopy(?) and got attacked by brains, Hermione got stunned baddly, as did Luna, and Neville has both his nose AND his father's wand broken. The only one who didn't have any injuries was Harry himself

I hated the movie which didn't do the major battle because that battle was extremely important to the story. So what if they are 15 (and in Hermione's case 16-or would she been 17 she's a year older then Harry, Ron and Neville?)) years old? When you consider a large chunck of 16s and under signed up (and lied about their age) just to go into the real wars.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Ginny's ankle got broken, Ron went a bit um loopy(?) and got attacked by brains, Hermione got stunned baddly, as did Luna, and Neville has both his nose AND his father's wand broken. The only one who didn't have any injuries was Harry himself

I hated the movie which didn't do the major battle because that battle was extremely important to the story. So what if they are 15 (and in Hermione's case 16-or would she been 17 she's a year older then Harry, Ron and Neville?)) years old? When you consider a large chunck of 16s and under signed up (and lied about their age) just to go into the real wars.

Yeah I have to say that movie was way too short for the book.
    Why am I not surprised that Harry was the only one not injured?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Yeah I have to say that movie was way too short for the book.
    Why am I not surprised that Harry was the only one not injured?

harry was protected by his mothers love.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top