Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Random questions. Who makes family trees for their stories. And how to get more than one family on the same tree on some website? I mean its kind of to late for me now cause i spent all day doing it out by hand in clip studio paint. xD but i'm curious if anyone knows. I tried to use the awesome family tree website for sims. But i couldn't figure out how to get two branches.

yeah we didn't scare you away. when i invited you i forgot to mention we tease a lot.

i don't do family trees but others do.

Nah @friendsfan367 's just mean to all of us. :D Okay, I'll be good. o:)

hey i met her a full night before you she already knows i'm nice.

Darn. I thought I'd fool her. :D

@LegacySims2017 That's a very tidy looking tree. :)
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited January 2018
    i don't do family trees but others do.

Like me!

Family_Tree_v2.png

What program did you use to make that?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    edited January 2018
    @superkyle221 Perrault's Cinderella was the one with the midnight curfew so to speak, the glass slipper, and the fairy godmother (Perrault was writing for the court of King Louis XIV (France) which means that his Cinderella story was more of a riches-to-rags-to-riches stories then the other Cinderella story rags-to-riches) The midnight curfew does make a little sense-back in those days parties could go on to 4 in the morning-something like the forerunner of Teen parties (or college parties) so that Cinderella leaving earlier meant something mysterious.

I have seen on video the Into The Woods play-had to do for drama class

The policatally correct doesn't one of them involve Cinderella being a
    seamstress or something
    ?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Will someone make sure @friendsfan367 behaves while I'm gone? lol
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    @superkyle221

I've seen the Meryl Streep version, I'll have to look into the other one! Freeway sounds interesting...very Little Red Riding Hood!

Lately I've been binging the TV series Once Upon A Time, which is extremely campy but I love how the show twists so many fairy tales together.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »
    @superkyle221

I've seen the Meryl Streep version, I'll have to look into the other one! Freeway sounds interesting...very Little Red Riding Hood!

Lately I've been binging the TV series Once Upon A Time, which is extremely campy but I love how the show twists so many fairy tales together.

@Karilan the Peters one is just the stage play being filmed live (and not really well so it's really different from the Disney's Streep version)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @simscognito oh a ghost founder to get all of them on one... Why didn't I think of that *facepalm*
    Eh this will probably work out somehow.
    @friendsfan367 yeah i didn't run away. xD i've been enjoying myself in here. I just was rather offline today. My head is hurting really bad today.
    @karilan plumbtree is great. I just couldn't figure out a way to get more than one tree on it. xD
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »

i can read troublemaker.
  • Options
    @simscognito oh a ghost founder to get all of them on one... Why didn't I think of that *facepalm*
    Eh this will probably work out somehow.
    @friendsfan367 yeah i didn't run away. xD i've been enjoying myself in here. I just was rather offline today. My head is hurting really bad today.
    @karilan plumbtree is great. I just couldn't figure out a way to get more than one tree on it. xD

@Shadami no worries. Aww no! Headaches are terrible. I hope tomorrow's a better day for you. :(
  • Options

i can read troublemaker.

Don't worry, I've got @friendsfan367 under control. *runs away almost immediately* "Help"
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

i can read troublemaker.

Don't worry, I've got @friendsfan367 under control. *runs away almost immediately* "Help"
    he he.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,251 Member
    What program did you use to make that?

I use Family Echo for my Family Tree. And then edited the tree part onto a background image I found.

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Yeah. Me and my oldest are sick sadly. She stayed home from school today. And i've been on so much pain meds already for the wisdom teeth. i can't even take meds for the cough and headache xD it sucks!
  • Options

Is that even possible? :grimace:
  • Options
    PatiPatouPatiPatou Posts: 46 Member
    @LegacySims2017 I have been looking for a site that makes family trees easier to build, but could not find it in my bookmarks. Glad I saw your post. Thanks for sharing it!

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Yeah. Me and my oldest are sick sadly. She stayed home from school today. And i've been on so much pain meds already for the wisdom teeth. i can't even take meds for the cough and headache xD it plum!

Aww that's really plum @Shadami . You so deserve a good day this week. :( I'll call planet earth to book you one. Hopefully Earth will pick up. :blush: All the best for you and the eldest. Being sick is never fun.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @superkyle221 Perrault's Cinderella was the one with the midnight curfew so to speak, the glass slipper, and the fairy godmother (Perrault was writing for the court of King Louis XIV (France) which means that his Cinderella story was more of a riches-to-rags-to-riches stories then the other Cinderella story rags-to-riches) The midnight curfew does make a little sense-back in those days parties could go on to 4 in the morning-something like the forerunner of Teen parties (or college parties) so that Cinderella leaving earlier meant something mysterious.

I have seen on video the Into The Woods play-had to do for drama class

The policatally correct doesn't one of them involve Cinderella being a
    seamstress or something
    ?

Oh gosh, maybe? I remember that in that version of Snow White
    Snow White and the queen kicked the dwarves off the land and opened up a spa reaffirming a womyn's beauty - and in Rapunzel she ran off and became a folk singer ahahahaha

I'll have to check the Perrault version.
    Karilan wrote: »
    @superkyle221

@Karilan The Bernadette Peters is a recording of the original stage production. I think it used to be on Netflix? I own a copy that I got when Borders was going out of business.

I like Once Upon a Time... I'm super behind though, but I love what they did with Regina (and Cruella DeVille - she was hilarious).
  • Options

Is that even possible? :grimace:

Probably not. *Runs from friendsfan again*
  • Options
    @superkyle221 the majority of Cinderella stories (with the exception of the Into the Woods story and Hillary Duff's A Cinderella Story or Selena Gomez's Another Cinderella story movies)- adaptions are based on Perrault's version the 1950 animated Disney movie and the 2015 live action remake, Rogers and Hammerstien's Cinderella (which Julie Andrews starred in the title role), Peters was in I believe the 2nd remake as the (black) Cinderella's step-mother, Shelly Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre episode, Drew Barymore's twisted version of it in "Ever After".
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    We need more pet outfits... I want a tutu for my pet. :grimace:
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    We need more pet outfits... I want a tutu for my pet. :grimace:

That would be awesome! Imagine the toddlers and kids forcing their pets to play dress up with them. :D I used to put tutus on my cat all the time when I was really young. He was a good sport.
  • Options
    That would be awesome! Imagine the toddlers and kids forcing their pets to play dress up with them. :D I used to put tutus on my cat all the time when I was really young. He was a good sport.

We would put crowns on our cat. She would give us a dirty look every time. Was hilarious.

I would put this on Dulcie in my game

il_570xN.484899660_aitc.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @superkyle221 the majority of Cinderella stories (with the exception of the Into the Woods story and Hillary Duff's A Cinderella Story or Selena Gomez's Another Cinderella story movies)- adaptions are based on Perrault's version the 1950 animated Disney movie and the 2015 live action remake, Rogers and Hammerstien's Cinderella (which Julie Andrews starred in the title role), Peters was in I believe the 2nd remake as the (black) Cinderella's step-mother, Shelly Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre episode, Drew Barymore's twisted version of it in "Ever After".

I believe it, but I'm a lot more familiar with the German version (which makes sense, because I grew up in Germany), so I guess I always saw the tree giving gifts as the normal version. I didn't realize Perrault had added the fairy godmother!
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    So, @simscognito 's earlier comment got me thinking; Do you have any songs you consider to be your characters' theme songs? Any albums you listen to to get yourself pumped up to write your SimLit?

Lately I've been listening to Paramore's album After Laughter and both of Nothing But Thieves' albums to get myself inspired. I think that Fake Happy by Paramore fits with Acacia really well (for reasons that aren't obvious as of now), and Idle Worship reminds me of a character I've created but haven't introduced yet. I was Just a Kid by Nothing But Thieves is what I'd consider TIOL's unofficial theme song, Hostage fits
    Sullivan and Marshall
    nicely, and Graveyard Whistling is a song that just gets me excited to write!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    So, @simscognito 's earlier comment got me thinking; Do you have any songs you consider to be your characters' theme songs? Any albums you listen to to get yourself pumped up to write your SimLit?

Lately I've been listening to Paramore's album After Laughter and both of Nothing But Thieves' albums to get myself inspired. I think that Fake Happy by Paramore fits with Acacia really well (for reasons that aren't obvious as of now), and Idle Worship reminds me of a character I've created but haven't introduced yet. I was Just a Kid by Nothing But Thieves is what I'd consider TIOL's unofficial theme song, Hostage fits
    Sullivan and Marshall
    nicely, and Graveyard Whistling is a song that just gets me excited to write!

Again, another awesome question @IchigoUsagi , but I can't answer it because I've already answered it before on this thread and I don't want to bore anyone who's seen it. :(

On a lighter note, these sound like really fitting songs for your characters. Now I'm super eager to be introduced to this new mysterious one. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top