Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First thing in the morning, my sim will...

Comments

• Options
    SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    Something Else (specify in the comments)
    My favorite sim is a slob but he is also family-oriented. If I don't catch him when he first wakes up in the morning, he goes into every room collecting laundry. It's annoying, because he always throws them on the floor and his wife has to clean up his mess.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Go Back to Bed, It's Too Early
    My favorite sim is a slob but he is also family-oriented. If I don't catch him when he first wakes up in the morning, he goes into every room collecting laundry. It's annoying, because he always throws them on the floor and his wife has to clean up his mess.

Lol well, at least he cuts her work down, all the laundry in one pile for her. He's splitting the household chore of doing laundry-- what a gentleman!
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    Cook or Have Breakfast
    igazor wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    It would be a good idea if they’d get clean doing that, but I don’t think they do ;)?
    It didn't actually occur to me that a mod might be providing for that, the likely candidate would be one that we are unable to discuss here, but yes both sims do in my game. :)

My game is modless and my sims get clean and gain fun with shower woohoo. My sims usually shower before bed otherwise that would have been my choice for what they do 1st in the morning.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    > @Kilov17 said:
    > Sillyhartluv wrote: »
    >
    > My favorite sim is a slob but he is also family-oriented. If I don't catch him when he first wakes up in the morning, he goes into every room collecting laundry. It's annoying, because he always throws them on the floor and his wife has to clean up his mess.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lol well, at least he cuts her work down, all the laundry in one pile for her. He's splitting the household chore of doing laundry-- what a gentleman!

You've got a point. I guess I should appreciate him more. He should be the poster child for "Teamwork makes the dream work".
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Rush Off to Work/School
    definitely rush off to work lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    j3n1ynj3n1yn Posts: 70 Member
    Tend to Their Personal Hygiene (shower, brush teeth, gussy up)
    I like to make sure that my sims' hygiene levels are good before school/work. I'm not too concerned with their bladder or hunger because those can be fullfilled while at school or work.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Rush Off to Work/School
    > @j3n1yn said:
    > I like to make sure that my sims' hygiene levels are good before school/work. I'm not too concerned with their bladder or hunger because those can be fullfilled while at school or work.

Oh it can....if they leave early lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2018
    I should have said Cook or Have Breakfast but really, eat leftovers because I always make sure to have leftovers in the fridge. Then they take care of their hygiene needs bladder being first, then shower. Shower woohoo is my favorite woohoo but often my sims schedules are off and they never have the time in the morning to do so.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    The first thing my sims do is making bed and changing their clothes to everyday ware. :) , then go for gardening, then breakfast because my sims wake up around at 5 am in the morning.
  • Options
    ButtersimsButtersims Posts: 107 Member
    Mine currently live in a semi-futuristic home (I just got Into The Future and love it) - so the wife usually is up at around 3 AM tending the coffee bean garden in the master bedroom, then she feeds her toddler because he wakes up just when she's done. For some reason the husband can't sleep - he never does, so he is usually finishing off a fiction novel or writing police reports and then he'll go out and feed/groom the horses out back then come in for breakfast if he has time before dashing off to work. The kids are either doing their homework or playing.
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Take Care of the Kids
    Yeah, the household I'm playing now has a single mother of three kids (x2 toddlers & x1 child). Every morning the child awakes up first, followed by the toddlers and their mom is the last to get up; so she can't help but take care of the kids first. ;)
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    Many days my sims do the same thing I do first thing...pee.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I don't know quite where to put tend to their bladder needs, but that is first, then food then a shower.
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    First stop is the bathroom for toileting and showering, then breakfast and housecleaning, followed by skilling/work, typically involving a self-employed job. In families with infants or toddlers, they’re dressed and fed as soon as they wake.
  • Options
    OGPoohOGPooh Posts: 276 Member
    Use the bathroom/shower. Even if they don't need to... It just seems like the right thing to do.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hygiene then breakfast. I usually queue it up while they are still asleep. Making beds can wait on whoever doesn't need to run right out the door. Sometimes, it's breakfast, then hygiene for my cook, if I want to make sure a meal gets served, in which case beds often get made by circling vultures hungry Sims while the flapjacks are still on the griddle.

Pro-tip: if you Woohoo on a bed, it ends up "made", as long as you don't go to sleep in it after! ;)
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Cook or Have Breakfast
    mycami21 wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    It would be a good idea if they’d get clean doing that, but I don’t think they do ;)?
    It didn't actually occur to me that a mod might be providing for that, the likely candidate would be one that we are unable to discuss here, but yes both sims do in my game. :)

My game is modless and my sims get clean and gain fun with shower woohoo. My sims usually shower before bed otherwise that would have been my choice for what they do 1st in the morning.

Yup if my two Sims need their hygiene and fun bar upped, a quick trip to the shower is all they need. ;)
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    My sims always need to use the restroom lol
  • Options
    AellaniiAellanii Posts: 88 Member
    Make the bed, check the mail, and grab the newspaper.
  • Options
    Katie_LouKatie_Lou Posts: 29 Member
    Take Care of the Kids
    My first choice is always return to bed, but more often than not I get the dreaded "Katie can't sleep when BabyName is crying!"
    "Language is wine upon the lips." —Virginia Woolf
  • Options
    queenproteaqueenprotea Posts: 14 New Member
    Cook or Have Breakfast
    I picked "cook or have breakfast" but on the off chance he doesn't wake up hungry he usually spends his mornings playing with his cat. They operate on slightly different schedules, so her social is usually super low by the time he wakes up in the morning.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2018
    great poll igazor!

Torn on having a drink & going back to bed. I don't normally play slacker or barhopping sims, but this is EXACTLY what SP pushes them to do first thing on waking up. Even before they tinkle in the loo! :D

My ambitious & athletic sims try to do an early morning workout. Either going for a quick jog around the hood with/without the pets, an early morning horseback ride, or trekking to the gym for a 1-2 hr workout (for the light sleeper ones). Then making them shower/change at gym or at home, grab breakfast and head out to work/school. :p
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Have my sim beat up his neighbor then woohoo his neighbors wife >:)
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    I usually have one Sim get up a little earlier to use the bathroom and then cook while the other sleeps a bit longer to get the well rested moodlet. Then after the sleeping Sim has taken care of everything and gone to work or started skilling, I send the other back to bed for a little while to get their well rested moodlet.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Cook or Have Breakfast
    Something I learnt early in my playing career, you ignore a starving sim at your peril. So I send I try always to send them off to work or school well rested, washed and dressed but above all fed :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita