Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Rawla I wasn't getting notifications either--so annoying!

@debjameswhite Bear and Sylvester have been around longer because I played on long lifespan before the kids came along. I'm still not ready for them to go! Bear will be the hardest for sure :bawling: I think Brice redeemed himself, but I'm not rushing anything. Billie befriended the monster pretty quickly actually, I think it was because of her social skill (6), but her aspiration and trait may have had something to do with it as well. She talked to it three times in a row and boom--friendship! I've had other kids that take ten times or more to befriend it.

I'm rooting for Sloane and her friend from school. Quinton and Philomena too! So funny that Jordyn showed up on their date :lol: Poor Londyn, Kaiden must be blind! Awww I'm so glad Martini had a kitten <3 Hopefully Quinton and Philomena will reunite when they're older, I love them so much! Oh no, Matias :cry: The funeral was lovely though. Eeee Philomena got back in touch with Quinton, I'm so happy! OH MY GOSH, the puppy is SOOO cute! I can't get over how adorable he is :love:@OJenn did an amazing job on the beach house! I'm totally stealing some ideas for Billie's future beach house. Hahahahaha, omg! I thought Salem would be a big dog too :joy: That's hilarious! It looks like a mini Aussie!

@Heckstress17 (Spoiler) Billie's even more gorgeous as a YA :love: She'll definitely date around a bit before settling down. I want to play a single household for awhile, so there's no rush. I thought it was hilarious that Billie was in such a bad mood after working a full shift--me too, girl, me too! :lol: The second date went so much better--Brice definitely got brownie points for that one :wink: The first pet death was such a downer though :frowning:

Yesss an update! The option to "Adopt" a stray shows up in the socials after you befriend one. Poor alien woman! And I guess Poor Antonia too :lol: Antonia seems really fun to play though. I'm so glad Ariana is your heir though--we both have outdoorsy heirs this generation!! I'm definitely putting your girls in my game--Billie and Ariana are gonna be best friends! I'm SO shipping Sophia and that cute cafe worker :love: The pic of Ariana teaching her dad technology was perfect :lol: Ahhh birthdays, my favorite! The girls are so gorgeous, I love them! I can't wait to have them in my game :love: I can't wait for the house tour!!

@OJenn I must have done a good job on my simself, because Sawyer definitely has my mom's genes! She also has my mom's hazel eyes. I'm on the fence about Brice too. I don't fully trust him after the bad reaction to Confess Crush. But Billie sure seems to like him, so I'm not writing him off just yet.

Go Asher for staying fit as an elder! He doesn't even look like an elder--the beard takes off years! I'm so glad Charles got a cat. Mister is so cute! I've said it before and I'll say it again, mini Jenn is such a good mom <3 Oh my gosh, I LOVE that kitchen :scream: You're making it so hard to stay vanilla! I really love that floorplan though (especially the little microwave corner!), I may attempt to replicate it in one of my houses if that's okay? Poor Charlotte, the teen mood swings are the worst! I'm glad Lucas is still around though! Oh my gosh, which apartment/penthouse does Katie live in?! That view is incredible :open_mouth: Amazing update!!

@JBAG521 I usually throw the cake out so they don't gain a bunch of cake weight :lol: Brice is throwing me all kinds of mixed signals... All I've got to say is he better not break my sweet little Billie's heart! :lol: I'm sorry you're still feeling sick, I hope it passes soon!

@everyone -- I'll have an update by Saturday for sure, but hopefully sooner! I haven't had any time to play this week--since I was one of the few people who stayed in town for New Years, I'm covering a lot of shifts :tired_face:
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Katie lives in the Arts Quarter, the Hakim House Apartments. And you can definitely recreate whatever you like, I'd be flattered :smile:
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    @debjameswhite - Ah! I'm so happy! You and I are both using a beach house for our current heirs! I remember @OJenn posting it for you awhile back. A birthday gift right? So sweet :heart: and so well done. The bedroom is my favorite. I really love the color scheme, and that closet is the coolest. I also really love the kitchen and space under the stairs. It's such a great house for Quinton to be a bachelor in, and yet it looks like it'll be great for when he starts a family too. He's so handsome with his new hair. I really enjoyed the backstory of him going to college and then being offered the job at the lab. The pics of him out jogging are great too. I love that area of town. Salem is the cutest! I recently adopted my first animal from the agency too. It did look like he'd be a bit bigger full grown. I was expecting him to at least be medium sized, but he's still adorable. Can't wait to see more! (I'm secretly hoping you get snowed in and have plenty of time to play and spoil me with updates lol) Oh and I just realized you questioned what Matias was wearing. I put him in a sweater when he became an elder, but I decided it wasn't his style and changed it shortly after those pics lol

@OJenn - The notifications are definitely off right now. I thought everyone was too busy with holiday stuff to post too. I'm glad I was hopeful anyway and double checked. I appreciate the compliments on my coffee shop but omg yours totally outdid mine. It is seriously perfection! Honestly all of your most recent builds have been such inspirations for me. You don't need me to build for you at all. :heart:

Hooray for an update! I don't know why but it feels like it's been a long time. Mr.Asher's home gym is so nicely decorated. I can understand why he loves spending his time there. Matias maxed out the fitness skill in my game too, but because he has the body builder aspiration he's massive! I like Mr.Asher's leaner physique better. omg the new kitty :love: I really like the picture of Jenn outside the house with Mister. Poor James getting scared by the monster under the bed. His bear costume will protect him :lol: I love the renovations. That kitchen flows so nicely into the living area without being too open. And Jenn's office looks a bit more mature now. Very fitting. Aw, Charlotte and her mood swings :disappointed: She's got super cute active wear though. That should cheer her up :wink: It's nice that Jenn's got plenty of time to spend with friends. That's a perk of having teens. Parent's get their lives back to an extent. Do you have a child you're leaning towards for heir?

@JBAG521 - I totally feel like identical twins are rare in the sims. Or I did until this most recent patch. I've seen quite a few people post about getting identical twins @Rawla had them too. I feel a little less special, but still love it none the less. 8 days being sick! You poor thing. Being lightheaded is the worst. It does sound like a virus. 7-10 days they're expected to run, so hopefully you get to feeling better soon. As far as the old sims disc go I don't have any suggestions. Can you trade them into Gamestop, or a store that takes used games for cash or credit? I have a bunch of Sims 2 discs too.

@JordanNicoleJJ - omg I NEED Billie! Will you upload her for me? Ariana's in her YA bachelor stage and I would love to make them BFF's. I wanna make them fishing buddies so bad. Antonia was a lot of fun to play, but I'm loving my outdoorsy heir. I was totally shipping Sophia and the cafe worker too, but story progression hooked her up pretty well :wink:

House Tour Update!

For my first time in this challenge I used a shell build instead of building my own. This is the Budget Beach Starter by the amazingly talented Jenba. I added some landscaping and furnished it, but the house itself is hers and I'm in love. :heart:
    5G0EKEH.png

I placed it on this lot facing the water so my heir has a beautiful ocean view from her living room.
    iUiPHvO.png

The huge porch is my favorite, and it's perfect for my outdoors loving heir.
    S3BrWJH.png
    XsWvVhk.png

1st floor
    YVYZUKN.png

Entryway
    gS4irTN.png

Kitchen
    DgKrZ2H.png

Dining area right off the entryway.
    ezmlTSG.png

I'm seriously sorry guys. I took so many pictures.
    4VabeTb.png

As you can see it's a small open space, but I think it's gonna work perfectly for Ariana.
    zzXwmf3.png
    rZtT9LB.png

I'd pay big money (If I had it :lol: ) for that view.
    FXzQxXE.png

2nd floor
    UlhpA5l.png

Upstairs has 2 bedrooms, one of which is the master.
    i5pfrfl.png

I meant to bring over all the family photos from her parents home, but I totally forgot. :confused:
    1or4Ri7.png

Ariana wants to be an artist so she's got an easel set up off her bedroom's balcony.
    Ls8vTZU.png

If she doesn't paint me some great landscapes I'm gonna be upset lol
    2dd8XMl.png

The 2nd bedroom is the future nursery. Very far in the future because I'm loving the single life right now lol
    4SLDCWN.png

The last space is the basement, which is set up as a playroom for future kids.
    DWvMEQi.png

It is super duper colorful and I really don't know how I feel about it.
    HFiNNrz.png
    10dfvNn.png

It'll be nice to have a big space for the kids to play though.
    Od5y98h.png
    iwUBwdw.png

Anyway, Ariana is all moved in and I'm loving having a single sim to play again. More updates soon. :smiley:
    MFK8KVt.png
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 I'm in love with that house :love: You decorated it beautifully, and it fits that lot so perfectly! I'm using that lot next generation too. You're making me want to rebuild the house I built...those windows are perfect to see the amazing view. At least two bedrooms would be nice as well... Quit making me second-guess myself with your amazing builds! :wink::lol: I'll upload Billie once she's a YA, she's got two days to go. Hoping to get some play time in tonight or tomorrow before work!
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ Thanks for the info on the kids and the monster. Next social butterfly I get...we're making friends! I was so sad when I got a notification that Sloane married someone else. He's not bad though so I guess it's ok. I was really rooting for her friend too. Salem's breed says he's a corgi. I failed to look at that when I adopted him...he doesn't look like a corgi to me though.

@Heckstress17 Yes! The house from @OJenn was a birthday gift. I feel guilty that it won't be big enough when his family grows. I keep thinking I will just have one child...but really, who am I kidding? We all know how I roll :) I'll just do expansions like I did with the cat lady's house so I can keep some of it's charm...like that closet that I also love! Oh and I wasn't asking about his sweater :) I was asking about the workout thing with the belt :) hehe

That house is so fun! I've been wanting to decorate a house with a lot of pet's items too and you did a great job. It does remind me of my beach house too! :) Is that tower room usable? Or is it just for show? I really love it! I like how you have that painting area too. I think Philomena is doing something with art. You'll see why in my next update but I think I might end up needing something like that.
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 24: Endings

Before I really get started, I had to share this pic because it’s hilarious! :) So when Salem was a puppy he couldn’t climb stairs and Quinton couldn’t carry him up, so he had to stay outside. He got really dirty and needed a bath so I put one outside under the house. Apparently Quinton thought this was great!
    yV9Fn.png

We got sad news, the first of Gianni’s siblings passed away.
    yV9GR.PNG

The romance festival came around and Quinton got invited, but not by who I was hoping for. He went anyways.
    yV9IV.PNG

While he was there, he decided to try his hand at painting and he didn’t do too badly for a novice.
    yV9K1.png

One of the local artists was so impressed, she decided to mentor him.
    yV9LY.png

Afterwards he checked out her wares and bought every single one of her paintings.
    yV9Nm.png

That was followed up with a sweet kiss on the cheek.
    yV9OA.png

After the festival, she went home with him for a little visit.
    yV9PT.png

Later that night he received a dreaded phone call. His mother had passed away unexpectedly and of course he rushed home.
    yV9Rt.png

He was heartbroken.
    yV9Sx.png

There was a lot of hugging and crying that day.
    yV9Tu.png

Once things settled down Quinton realized life really is too short. The rest of the pictures tell their own story.
    yV9Wf.png
    yV9Xh.png
    yV9Y0.png
    yV9Yv.png
    yV9YK.png
    yV9Zh.png
    yV9ZG.png
    yVa00.png
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    @Heckstress17 and @debjameswhite I love your houses! Youve both done a great job with your decorating (as usual)! Im so excited to finally see Quinton and Philomena together, and seeing what Ariana gets up to while shes single.

Seeing everyone with their pets and vet sims is making me want to get Cats and Dogs SO bad, but I really cant risk my video card dying on me because I definitely cant afford a new laptop or to fix my desktop (at the moment anyway). Ill just have to live vicariously through you guys for now :)

@OJenn I love that Charlotte just happens to run into Lucas while out and about ;)

@debjameswhite I looked at the picture before reading the caption and started laughing. I just thought "What a great view for a bath!" hahaha I think its really sweet that Quinton wants to support Philomena and buy all of her paintings :heart:

And I finally have an update!! I still havent gotten rid of this cough, but its mostly gone now and I feel a tonne better.

Family Tree (hasnt changed)
    http://www.familyecho.com/?p=TO4EP&c=1kgezxs2fz&f=340735601127775657

Lily and Carina played video games most of the morning of Lily's birthday. I just love the faces Lily pulls :lol:
    CXyYw1a.png
    gQtozQG.png

And then it was time to celebrate!
    rywyN0C.png
    Z58OoZy.png
    PMt6rIf.png
    cJ8dTJh.png

She's active, outgoing and romantic and her Aspiration is Nerd Brain, which actually suits her perfectly.

She's still drawn to the chess table as a teen
    z51op2L.png

Randomly, there were a couple of days where both Carina and Clarissa were drawn to the stereo and spent a large amount of time dancing, which was really cute
    SmSwxsw.png
    TrhhzF3.png

I got the notification that the Romance Festival had arrived so I sent Richard and Hermione on a cute date night
    dKg2ER0.png
    lcIhjyw.png
    4crjiSO.png
    (I cant remember exactly what the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or whatever said, but I know it was good)

I had no idea what this fountain did and its been a few months so I cant remember what it does, but I think it makes them extra flirty?
    kJJBMt9.png
    cQXCoTr.png
    yPqtk51.png
    (fun fact: the guy in the green dragon-looking mask is Richard's dad)

And ofcourse I thought the timing couldnt be more perfect so...
    QPl5XSD.png
    zN6L8gz.png
    RGErMnv.png
    tORIwVa.png
    SQf8hPT.png
    Y4MoHBS.png
    Look at how happy she is!!! :heart:

And just as a warning, the next update will be both happy and devastating. Im still upset, to be honest, and it happened in August hahaha
  • Options
    yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    Hi all, and happy year, I'm here but I've recently just got cats and dogs have been having update mods and testing on my test file of sims to make sure everything is working properly Until I've run In to the issue of Random townies not having any faces on them I've gone all the regular resets and stuff now I'm to the point the last resort of uninstalling and reinstalling game to fix this. I've even tested with no mods this still happens. so I know its something but not sure what. but as soon as this is fixed I'll definitely be back.
    (*hugs* to all)
    ~Sincerely Yunie~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @Heckstress17 - It's definitely been a while since I updated. As for my heir, I haven't decided yet it's so hard and I hope I can make a decision soon!

Oh my gosh the house is beautiful, Jenba always such great builds so I don't blame you for scooping this one up! And the interior is amazing as well, it looks so homey inside and like a good place to kick back after a long day. And that view is absolutely breathtaking!! Seeing her house makes me want to rebuild the one I am working on :lol: I am anxious to see what beautiful things Ariana paints with a view like that.

@Debjameswhite - Aww I wish I had thought about puppies when I was building that house lol! I love Quinton's quick thinking with the outdoor tub. Quinton looks like he had a nice enough time at the romance festival even if it wasn't Philomena who invited him. Aww no Jordyn, RIP. I am glad that Quinton got to go home and be with his family for a bit. Congratulations to Quinton and Philomena though. Excited for wedding pics.

I actually thought about building you a phase II of the house I originally built for you since I know you have big families ♥

@JBAG521 - Haha Lily is quite expressive! Happy birthday to her! And omg how cute are Richard and Hermoine? I love seeing them out together with each other. Oh yay congrats to them!

@Yunanesca - Happy New Year Yunie! I hope you can get things up and running soon!
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Yes! Definitely use the same lot for Billie. It is so beautiful, you're gonna love it. Don't rethink your house! I didn't even build this one, just decorated it. I can't wait to see what you've come up with. I hope you got your play time in. I can't wait to add Billie to my game. :)

@debjameswhite - I was thinking about just having 1 child this generation too, but like you said, who am I kidding? :D Adding on like you did to the cat lady house is perfect. I'm sure you'll find a way to make things work once babies come into the equation. Plus, I loved seeing what upgrades the family was able to afford as time went on. Oh you were talking about Matias' work uniform :joy: I just immediately thought of that sweater I tried on him and was like yup, she agrees, it's hideous lol! omg Ariana's house reminds you of your actual beach house?! That's awesome. I was really trying hard for that beachy look, and I'm not completely jealous that you have a beach house or anything :dizzy: That tower room isn't functional though. It's located right above the upstairs bathroom. I don't see a way to place a staircase without completely reworking the upstairs.

Anyway, on to your update! :lol: Quinton bathing outside was a great way to start it. I kept wondering why my kitten wouldn't get in his cat bed, or use the litter box upstairs, then I realized he was too little for the stairs. I'm sad to see Aunt Isabella passed away. My twins look so much like her though that it's almost like she still lives on. It was nice of Quinton to accept the invite to the romance festival. Being single is all about exploring your options, but I was happy to see Philomena pop up. omg :hushed: every single one of her paintings are amazing! Jordyn died?! I know she was older then Gianni, but it seems too soon :disappointed: I'm glad to see Quinton was able to go home to be with his siblings. I loved everyone of the dinner pictures. I must say I wasn't expecting him to pop the question. That was a nice surprise. :)

@JBAG521 - Thank you! Decorating is so fun, and playing single Ariana has been really great too. I'm excited to post what I've been up to with her. I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better. Lingering cough's are a pain, but I'd take a cough over being lightheaded any day. It's nice to see an update too :smile: You know what's kinda crazy about Lily? That she looks pretty much the same as a teen, as she did as a child. 99% of the time when sims age from children to teens they morph into completely different sims. Not Lily, I'd recognize her anytime. I love Richard and Hermione together, and I adore her outfit too. Romance festival proposals are always so pretty. I loved all those shots, especially the last one. The next update is devastating? :dizzy: I hope Hermione doesn't die!

@yunanesca - Hi Yunie! :smiley: It's been so long, great to see you pop in. Happy new year to you as well. Cats & Dogs is a great expansion, but that no face bug sounds pretty terrifying. I really hope you can find a way to get it fixed without reinstalling. Good luck!

@OJenn - I don't blame you for not leaning one way or another for your heir. I'm not really swayed one way either at the moment. I'm really waiting for James to age up to pick a favorite. I love Jenba's builds! I was so happy when you said I could use this one lol I had so much fun decorating it, and even more fun with Ariana playing it.
  • Options
    @JBAG521 hehe the faces both the girls are making while playing the video games are great but that look on Lily's face is definitely a keeper. I was so excited to see Richard propose at the Romance festival! They're so cute together. I love the Romance Festival pictures. Quinton almost proposed there too. I'm worried about your next update...don't keep us waiting too long!!

@yunanesca Happy New Year! Can't wait to see you updating again!! <3

@OJenn oooo I think I might have been looking at that phase 2 house while I was thinking about what might happen with his family. I definitely wouldn't object if you wanted to do a second build but I won't be greedy! There are certain things about his beach house I'd have to keep. I love that closet with the bat in it, and I love what you did under the stairs just to name a couple of things. I always love how you decorate so much!

@Heckstress17 Ooooops! Let me clear this up right away...I do not have a beach house! Hahaha I wish!!! If I said "my" beach house, I was totally referring to Quinton's beach house :) I was so upset when Jordyn died because I had no idea she was even close. Gianni isn't even an elder yet! I was very grateful when I went to the house however to see her urn was there. I thought for sure I had lost it. Losing his mother was a shock to Quinton so he had to make sure he didn't lose one of the other important women in his life.

• Options
    RhythrinRhythrin Posts: 184 Member
    Hey guys! I know it's been months upon months since I last came here... I'm sorry for my absence. 2017 was... Not a great year for me. Lots of drama happened, mental illnesses etc. I got really out of my routine, didn't enjoy anything, not even playing the Sims! But let's not get into the bad stuff. New Year, new chances!

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and NYE!!! I wish you all a happy, healthy 2018 ♥ I missed you guys oodles.
    I have been reading all your updates, and it's a bit too much to comment on at this point, but I just want you all to know that I loved seeing the new families in Brindleton Bay. I myself chose to stay in Willow Creek for now, since I'm still only on Gen 2 of the legacy so, I wouldn't feel fulfilled to quit now and start in Brindleton Bay.

I have been playing my game lately and I will probably update sometime soon! From here on out I'll continue to frequent this forum aswell so I can read all you guys' updates again!

♥Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    @debjameswhite - :joy: I don't know why when you said "my beach house" I immediately thought you meant yourself lol. I also made that mistake about Matias' outfit. I've been really off lately. Sorry about that. I was definitely shocked to see Jordyn had passed away. Poor Gianni. I hope the command center doesn't marry him off again. He and Jordyn were too sweet together.

@Aehnyx - Hi!!! I am so happy to see you pop in! I had tagged you awhile back wondering where/how you'd been. I'm sorry to hear you've been having a hard time. I can relate to everything you said. I also went through a rough patch where I was so depressed nothing interested me either. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to want to come back. Let's hope 2018 is much better! <3 I can't wait for you to post an update. I've really missed them. I remember your family well. :)
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 I hope that doesn't happen too! I would really hate that...but not as much as what I'm about to post...<queue ominous music>
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 25: NOT POSSIBLE!

Things started off well enough. Quinton and Philomena spent lots of time together.
    yWodF.png

Quinton’s mom passing so suddenly caused him to have lots of odd dreams where she was there. Sometimes his Grandfather was there too.
    yWoe2.png

When he was overly stressed or sad he was glad to have some good fishing holes to visit.
    yWofe.png

He and Philomena went on a double date with Londyn and Kaiden.
    yWogS.png

Things went really great, but Kaiden ended up marrying some dude!!
    yWojB.png

That did not affect Quinton and Philomena though. Still going strong!
    yWolr.png

She did leave early though because Quinton had to take Salem to the vet.
    yWomZ.png

Happily, it wasn’t a big deal, and easily fixed!
    yWoo5.png

That night they got back together (this is them trying to elope) and went out.
    yWopl.png

I don’t have pictures because I was totally caught off guard. Quinton didn’t do anything but she was furious with him. I am serious…he didn’t flirt or do anything inappropriate with anyone! When they got home, she laid into him big time!
    yWotM.png

I did see she had a “fix bad relationship” option and this woman was chatting them both up that night.
    yWoy3.png

After taking her berating for a very long time he finally got her to relax a little bit.
    yWozi.png

It seemed like everything was going to be ok.
    yWozT.png

However, Philomena was embarrassed after her outburst.
    yWoBE.png

Quinton did this odd thing where he sent her some calming energy…have any of you ever seen this before?
    yWoJa.png

Quinton wasn’t really sure what was going on, but he thought it would be a good time to take a vacation and spend some time with his lady. So he gave Salem a bath.
    yWoM0.png

Took him for a quick walk so he would be on his best behavior.
    yWoNK.png

Then I upgraded one of the Granite Fall properties with this build by @Acelyah
    yWoPK.png

I will test a few out trying to find the best properties for Granite Falls. Clearly Philomena still isn’t happy with Quinton.
    yWoRE.png

He started vacation off by offering her a hand massage.
    yWoTE.png

Then she started cooking, but he couldn’t eat it because it had meat.
    yWoX0.png

Quinton was a little too excited to watch TV since he doesn’t have it at home.
    yWoZ5.png

Finally they got in the hot tub but when Quinton made a move, Philomena was like “NO”
    yWp1R.png

Then…not sure why…she thought he’d be OK with her trying to tickle him. She had kinda killed the mood though.
    yWp3E.png

They got out of the hot tub and chatted and things seemed like they were getting better.
    yWp50.png

Then she said something that was really just going too far.
    yWp6S.png

The ended up cutting the vacation short and going home. (They actually got kicked out…not sure what happened…some kind of game glitch maybe? All of a sudden they couldn’t access the house and it showed someone else was renting it.) He was actually happy to go back to work where things are going well.
    yWpa7.png

To add to his stress, when he came home, Salem was sick again.
    yWpdF.png

When he got there, his sister Sloane’s husband was there with their cat who was also not feeling well.
    yWpgg.png

Then Philomena came in with her cat. She kissed Quinton on the cheek. Folks always pull together when there’s trouble.
    yWpiq.png

After both their pets were on the mend, Quinton took Philomena on a date.
    yWpkm.png

Things were definitely on the mend between the two of them.
    yWpm1.png

They sealed it with a kiss.
    yWpne.png

When he got home he started working in his garden when he suddenly saw a strange light.
    yWppc.png

Just like his father, when he was returned, he was feeling pretty excited.
    yWpqE.PNG

HOWEVER…the next morning was a totally different story! He was holding his stomach and there were twinkling lights…I was thinking, “Noooooo….really?”
    yWpt3.png

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!
    yWptF.PNG
  • Options
    @Aehnyx OMG HI!!!! <3<3 I'm so happy to see you post! I'm sorry about the rough time you were having, but I'm happy you are feeling up to rejoining us. I can't wait to see your posts.
  • Options
    Sorry to spam...but you're getting another update. This was just too horrifying for me to ignore.
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 26: Something’s Wrong

Ever since coming back from his abduction, Quinton hasn’t felt right. He tried relaxing in the bath.
    yWDcw.png

At work he told Tanisha what had happened.
    yWDdj.png

He had to sit down. He explained how his body was not feeling right.
    yWDeG.png

That night he tried to have a normal date with his fiancé.
    yWDti.png

The night went well.
    yWDuo.png

When he got home though, he was in a lot of pain.
    yWDvL.png

The next day he wanted to go out to a club. His clothes were getting tight and he didn’t really understand why.
    yWE1t.png

Before he even went in he started feeling a lot of pain again.
    yWE2d.png

He wanted to feel normal so badly that the minute he saw Philomena, he kissed her passionately.
    yWE4L.png

When he got home he really just couldn’t ignore it any more.
    yWE64.png

He just can’t believe what he thinks is happening.
    yWE7k.png

He called his father and told him what he thought.
    yWE91.png

Dad really? You’re not helping.
    yWE9K.png

He gave his father that look a lot.
    yWEau.png

Look at Gianni. He really is aging well. Not surprised that he’s also Greysen Wolfe’s grandson.
    yWEbU.png

This is not what I wanted for my heir…
    yWEcy.png

He told Philomena , and despite her look of utter disbelief,
    yWEdH.png

She gave him support and said they’d get through it.
    yWEfa.png

His last day at work he kept falling asleep.
    yWEj6.png
    yWEwE.png

When he got home, he went into labor.
    yWEvb.png

He called his Dad. He didn’t want Philomena to see him like this.
    yWElY.png

This is not a position he ever expected to find himself in.
    yWEmY.png

Well now my cute little house is too small before I planned and I don’t know how Quinton feels, but I do not want these babies!
    yWEos.PNG
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member

@debjameswhite - *dies laughing* Oh my goodness. That is just epic! hahaha Poor guy. And TWINS too! *breaks into giggle-fit*
  • Options
    Thanks @Heckstress17 and @debjameswhite for the kind words! I'm happy to be back, too. It may take a bit to update because a lot has happened in my game, but I don't have enough pictures since I didn't take a lot of pictures for a long while... :cry:

@debjameswhite I love your little dog's name, Salem! Oh no, poor Quinton getting scolded over absolutely nothing.. :joy:. Oh yeah, the 'calming energy' happens when they maxed out their emotional control thingy when they're kids/teens, it's part of the parenthood pack. Oh Philomena... Just let it go... Pregnant Quinton!? Goodness! Boy did I miss the sims.. :joy:.
    I think Gianni is a VERY handsome sim, like 🐸🐸🐸🐸. And then I read that he's Greysen's grandson, well, no wonder! Oh no it's twins even! Poor you! What will you do, keep them?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Comments

@Heckstress17 First and foremost--YA Billie is finally on the gallery! Feel free to make her over however you need/want to (I have all the packs so she may be missing some clothes in your game :lol: ) I was in a rush when I commented last, so here's some more feedback on your house lol. I absolutely LOVE all the plants--I'm adding more plants than I usually do for Billie's house too. Gotta love those outdoor lovers! I really love the living room too, it's so beachy and cozy, and what a great view :love: The whole house feels really homey with the clutter and mis-matched furniture <3 I always question myself when I make colorful rooms too, but they look so nice in pictures! That basement looks like a kid's dreamland. I say keep it! Or turn it into a hangout space for Ariana and her friends, then re-do it when you have kids--problem solved!

@debjameswhite Aww I love that Quinton and Philomena reconnected. What a grand gesture buying all of her paintings--no wonder she said yes! Wow, those two are hard to keep up with! They're so up and down. I wonder what that weird energy was--I've never seen that before! It almost looks like the vampire energy, but I thought that was purple? Weird!! Aw even a vacation didn't make her happy...poor Quinton. I don't blame him for wanting to escape to work! :lol: At least it seems like they finally patched things up on that last date...for now. But AHHHHHH he's pregnant?!?! And with triplets!!! Poor guy! At least his family and friends are supportive :lol: What a crazy situation altogether. I wouldn't blame you one bit if you 'sent them back to home world' or whatever the interaction is. One might not have been so bad, but TRIPLETS?! :scream: I really feel for you.

@JBAG521 Yay an update!! I missed Richard and Hermione <3 They're so cute. I wish the festivals weren't so bugged in my game--last time I went to one everyone had AWFUL outfits despite having just given them all nice makeovers :expressionless: Aww congrats to the happy couple! What a perfect spot for an engagement.

@yunanesca Welcome back! Good luck sorting through the cc--Pets caused sooo much broken cc and bugs.

@Aehnyx Yay you're back too!! I love seeing all of these familiar faces. I'm so sorry 2017 was a rough year for you. I felt the same way toward the end, I lost all motivation to do anything and it took all my energy to finish that semester of college. Here's to hoping for a much better 2018! I'm glad you're sticking with Willow Creek, it's gonna give me all kinds of nostalgia <3 Can't wait for an update! Oh, and good to know about the calming energy thing--I was so confused :lol: I would've never figured it out on my own, I'm doing good if my kids aren't in the red for emotional control with all those "phases" lol.
  • Options
    Update

I was surprised by how close Bobbie and Bonnie got during childhood. Bobbie doesn't have a lot of friends because she stays in her room most of the time, but that just goes to show what a social butterfly Bonnie is--she'll make friends with even the most introverted sims!
    30.png

Finally the time came for Bobbie's big teen birthday (I swear, the birthdays are never ending in this big family! :lol: ).
    31.png

She invited her small circle of friends, including Cohen, the Windenburg exchange student.
    32.png

Surprisingly, she aged up with a social aspiration--Leader of the Pack--and the Mean trait.
    33.png

Being a Music Lover as a child, she figured the best place to make some new friends would be at a club. She was right--she was invited to join the infamous Renegades by the leader himself!
    01-06-18_6-32-32c2a0pm.png

A combination of pounding music and underage drinking gave her the confidence to make a move on the cute girl dancing nearby.
    01-06-18_6-39-40c2a0pm.png

I'd say it worked :smirk:
    01-06-18_6-41-59c2a0pm.png

The two swapped numbers and simstagrammed a selfie to remember the night. Best. Birthday. Ever.
    01-06-18_6-42-55c2a0pm.png

Brice and Billie are still going strong. He comes over so often he may as well move in :lol: (Don't worry--Sam would never allow it :lol: )
    01-07-18_11-34-40c2a0am.png

They're taking things slow as far as physical stuff goes--Billie wants to travel and explore and raise some dogs before she has kids--no messing around for these two! But they have sneaked in a few make out sesh's after Sam and Sawyer go to bed...
    01-07-18_11-46-57c2a0am.png

Billie has been working at the clinic on the weekends to save up for her own place after she graduates. She's really getting the hang of it--
    01-07-18_12-08-47c2a0am.png

--she's even performing surgeries now! She's considering taking over the business once her parents retire (but she doesn't have a lot of patience for the over-dramatic patients, lol).
    01-07-18_12-12-29c2a0am.png

The girls are closer than ever since Bobbie aged up. She has really come out of her shell since she started clubbing, and she loves to tell her sisters about her nights out. Little Bonnie can't wait to age up so she can tag along.
    01-07-18_12-22-04c2a0am.png

Bonnie was the only one home when Bear finally passed. It was sad, of course, but he lived a long, happy life and went peacefully. The family buried him under the big tree next to Shadow.
    41.png

Knowing Sylvester's time was coming to an end as well, Sawyer gave him lots of extra love. For his last day, she took him down to his favorite spot--the Cat Cafe--and ordered him a big bowl of warm milk.
    01-06-18_11-46-03c2a0am.png

He calmed down recently--his old bones don't let him jump up on the counters anymore, and he gets a little nervous around big feet. But he enjoyed the day nonetheless.
    01-06-18_11-49-23c2a0am.png

Sawyer got to catch up with her old friend, Catarina, as well. It was an all-around great day.
    01-06-18_11-40-27c2a0am.png

Sylvester passed in his sleep that night. His old buddy, Bear, came back to accompany him to the next life <3
    01-06-18_5-24-06c2a0pm.png

The house felt empty without hearing little paws running up and down the stairs, so Sam and Sawyer took Bonnie to the animal shelter to pick out a kitten. They chose this adorable little tabby, and fittingly named her Tabby.
    01-06-18_6-07-45c2a0pm.png

She's just the cutest little thing! The only trait I remember is Playful, which is the breed's trait I believe.
    01-06-18_6-07-33c2a0pm.png

Seriously, the CUTEST lil kitten ever. Okay, I'll stop spamming ya'll with cat pics now :lol:
    01-06-18_6-06-51c2a0pm.png

I have enough pics for another update, but I'll wait a couple days since I doubt I'll get much play time this week again. Billie has aged up to a YA in-game so I've uploaded her to the gallery, my origin ID is JordanNicoleJJ for anyone who wants her!
  • Options
    I've got loads to post and no time! I've been cleaning up from Christmas, visiting with family, and we had my sons birthday party this weekend. Tomorrow is his actual birthday, my little baby boy is turning 3 :frowning: he's grown so fast. Anyway, tonight I'm baking cupcakes and putting together a play kitchen and bookshelf we bought for him. I'm hoping by tomorrow night I'll be able to update.

@debjameswhite - Ahhhhh!! I cannot believe that Quinton came home from his abduction pregnant with triplets! I don't wanna neglect commenting on all the other great pics from your first update, but omg :dizzy: Did the option to send them home to live with their alien parent come up? I know this is not at all what you had planned for him, especially with the house being so small, but maybe it'll be fun to have some little aliens running around? It's just a shame they're not heir eligible. On a positive note your pictures for these updates were so beautiful! It's neat to see Quinton out fishing at the same spot Ariana does. I like how you imagined Quinton seeing his ghostly Mom and Grandfather as a dream. I don't like how ghost show up to clubs and call. In the old games they could only do that if you had brought them back using ambrosia. I like that much better. I love the picture of Philomena leaving early and Salem outside by his toy box. What a nice outdoor eating area. I really thought she and Quinton were gonna break up. I wonder what was wrong with her? Does she have any negative traits? I've never seen that calming energy thing either. I loved their Granite Falls getaway! :love: That house was really nice too. I replaced some of them myself, but most of them were too modernly decorated for my taste. That house looks like a good balance of rustic and modern. I can't believe she rejected him in the hot tub of all places. It looks like things are better between them now though. She's a real keeper if she still wants to stick around after meeting the triplets :joy: Oh and I never would've guessed Salem is a Corgi. I wonder what else he's mixed with?

@JordanNicoleJJ - Yes!! I've been checking the gallery for Billie. I can't wait to get her in my game :smiley: Thank you thank you thank you for all the compliments on the house :heart: I really love it. I living room is one of my favorites. I really liked mismatching the furniture. Obviously the basement playroom doesn't fit the theme lol but I really didn't wanna have to upgrade out of this house once kids were born. At least they have a big space now.

I can't say it enough. I LOVE your family this generation. They're so tight knit and adorable, plus their genetics have been outstanding. Bobbie aged up beautifully! I love her outfit, and isn't that hair great? I think I just really love everything about the Cats & Dogs EP. For being mean she sure did find a girlfriend fast! That's a seriously awesome birthday present. That picture of Billie and Brice hugging is so pretty! I like that they're taking things slow. I bet Bobbie won't lol I think it's so cute you're letting Billie get some experience in at the clinic. omg Bonnie and her cute little outfit had to see Bear die :cry: I'm so sad to see him go, but like you said he lived a good life. Sylvester dying killed me, especially since Bear was there to help him make the transition to the afterlife. :tired_face: I'm glad Sawyer was able to spend his last day with him though. Bonnie's new furry friend is adorable though! I'm glad she'll get an animal to grow up with like her sisters did. I don't mind the Bonnie/Tabby spam one bit. Her bedroom is adorable by the way.

@Aehnyx - Maybe you could just post an update with what pictures you do have? Kind of like a recap? I'm just excited for you to post again. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Happy birthday Bobbie! I love her new look though and think she will fit right in with the renegades with her new trait. Aww Brice and Billie ♥ He seems to have somewhat redeemed himself? Aww seeing Bear there when Sylvester passed away was so sweet. The new cat is super cute though and looks like Bonnie has a new pal.

@Debjameswhite - Oh wow did MC marry off Kaiden? Talk about awkward, poor Londyn. And oh wow I wonder what happened during their outing to set Philomena off. Quinton is such a sweetheart taking her on vacation, she obviously needs some stress relief. But poor Quinton couldn't even catch a break! Wow! So glad to see that in the end, things are working out. And what a way to end an abduction, I suppose it was only a matter of time. Congratulation Quinton? :lol:

To help Quinton and his growing family Phase II has been completed! Here it is, the new home.
  • Options
    @Aehnyx Actually, it's triplets! Now I'm not sure. I didn't want them when I thought I was stuck with them but now that I see it's an option to send them to the "home" world...I'm conflicted.

@JordanNicoleJJ Luckily @Aehnyx cleared up the energy mystery. Since Quinton did well with emotional control he can help others cool their jets! Philomena really needs to!! She's not even a hothead or jealous or insane...I really don't know what the issue was! Oh I didn't realize there was a send to the home world option! Now I'm conflicted!

Oh my gosh! Social and mean! That's going to be hard but it could be fun :) Brice and Billie are cute, but I have to say, I would love to see how that little boy in the grey sweatshirt aged up. I have a feeling he might be a handsome one! Awww it's sad that Bear finally died. You know it has to happen...but :( Aww look at little Sylvester. He's a cutie too. OMG little Tabby too cute. I just love pets so much. Real ones and sim ones :)

@Heckstress17 Argh! I don't know what to do. I don't want them but I feel guilt. I see now he could send them back to the home world and I'm really tempted but maybe Quinton loves them...I'm always humanizing aliens when I see them in the game. I don't like the way ghosts are working now either. I don't want them calling and I don't really want them showing up unsummoned. Oh well. I decided to roll with it that time! I was starting to think Quinton and Philomena were going to break up too! No matter how hard I tried she just kept getting more and more angry. Their once full pink bar was practically empty. Once she got over her anger though, it filled up pretty quickly again. Their green bar only took a minor hit. I'm going to give that house another try in Granite Falls but I'm wondering if it's glitched. I hope not!

@Ojenn MC did marry off Kaiden :( and also Sloane's guy who I forget the name of. I wish it would follow their current romantic interests. Philomena was definitely set off by a woman who was there. She has fix bad relationship option with her now, but Quinton did not flirt and I don't think she tried to flirt with him either. She was really angry though. Now that I know there's an option to send them to the alien world...I'm so tempted. I have guilt though. hehe

OK so I had a really rough day today and when I came home I was thinking...have to deal with those babies...and then I saw you made phase 2!! OMG Thank you so much!! I love it! I'm so happy too that almost all my favorite parts of the old house are still there! It really made things a little easier. I downloaded it but something happened and the game reset back to the old house. That's ok though. I'll try again tomorrow when I'm less tired. :) Thank you again so much :) You really made this day a little bit better!!

• Options
    edited January 2018
    @debjameswhite - I'm glad it made your day! Enjoy the house, that's an odd glitch to have too. I can check again in the house.
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ Bobbie looks very cute! And the girl she met at the party was cute aswell :blush:. Go Billie for putting her career and own life before her love life, that's an important lesson I wish I had learned sooner, LOL! Aww, all the pets dying made me kind of sad... At least they had a long and happy life! Tabby looks like a great addition to the family though!

I may post an update later tonight, depending on how much time I have~.

Happy simming!
  • Options
    BIG Update!

Some pics are ones I've taken months ago; It's not a lot, but I wanted to share whatever little I have of Gen 2, since I'm already in Gen 3 in my game! I don't wanna jump straight into Gen 3 because I wanna at least show you guys how all the kiddos turned out. So here's some random shots I have left, lol.

Risha took an interest in painting.
    ZE2K4Y9.jpg

She seems pretty pleased with herself!
    7mVysu5.jpg

Di, Rue (Youngest) and Roy (Eldest) chatting at the dinner table.
    5o6WhnK.jpg

I still really like this outfit.
    54MJCsT.jpg

Moving on to Roy's birthday!
    Yig8UI6.jpg

One last look at his young teen face...
    51mjIXK.jpg

I think he turned out really handsome. :love:
    kwSMGjE.png

He seems pretty excited himself about aging up, lol.
    PZKyVol.jpg

So, as soon as he aged, I had him move out, here's Di and Ivan hugging him goodbye. Di still hasn't aged to elderly.
    br4JBQh.jpg

And here he is, settled in with Whatsherface (I forgot her name :cold_sweat:) in a little appartement.
    jPHfIdd.jpg

Just an ordinary day in Di's life...
    uYcBLvI.jpg

Ron munching on some food as Roy helps Rachel out with homework.
    BX4uHOW.jpg

Rue is working on homework aswell, while Risha is having a teenage outburst over something trivial, probably.
    zDFPGJh.jpg

Ron took Halle out on a date to a restaurant I built ages ago. (I do have pics of it somewhere if anyone likes to see, but didn't bother putting all those pics in this update, didn't wanna spam too much.)
    WHCuzbI.jpg

It seems they had lots of fun.
    kUZT776.jpg

So Ron used all his charms to sweep her off her feet just before they had to head back home.
    iGwTuBN.jpg

Hopeless romantic guy.
    iP2AkaW.jpg

Rachel and Landon are still going strong, too!
    6kdn1AC.jpg

And of course we can't forget about Risha and Tyler.
    6W1HIdp.jpg

I think I forgot Ron's birthday, I don't have any pics of it, so here he is all aged to adult;
    eWATfsN.png

And then jumping on to the Twins' birthdays!
    O77jlRx.jpg

I gave both Risha and Rachel an adult look. I think they both turned out really pretty!
    Rn6v14O.png

M0da1qa.png

And here they are in game!
    2mcMJAX.jpg

Cuties.
    3rgI7yC.jpg

I don't always remember what stuff happened in what order, but eventually, Ron proposed to Halle. I sadly only have this one picture :disappointed:.
    BQIGs7v.jpg

And Landon proposed to Rachel!
    wkUB6Ji.jpg

MzFSY6N.jpg

jWaaFS9.jpg

I moved Landon and Rachel out to live in the apartment next to Roy and his fiancé!
    So with only Rachel, Ron and Rue left in the house, and Ron being busy spending time with Halle a lot, Risha was left to help out her little sister.
    sQWKRZ7.jpg

She started the musician career, and she rolled the Parenthood-aspiration. Forgot the exact name for it.
    I just thought being a musician was very fitting for her.
    cfrTgSv.jpg

And then it was time for Rue to enter her teens!
    ECr52Mb.jpg

She turned out pretty just like her big sisters, but her head is a tad smaller than theirs. (I also used a different cc skin so maybe she may look a bit differently than her siblings)
    pRDqkwG.png

And here she is enjoying a piece of cake.
    p7yB815.jpg

Rachel showed up at the door, and she.. grew... quite a bit.
    MFtc2FI.jpg

Mom and her oldest daughters~
    0rm4CCN.jpg

Roy came for a visit, too. It was great to see all the older siblings back together!
    T4YWBDJ.jpg

Then, it was time for Risha, to call her own shots, too!
    HBFooq0.jpg

I don't know why I don't seem to have any pics of Ivan... :cry:
    wP5UJ7Q.jpg

The end of Gen 2!

Happy simming everyone!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top