Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    @debjameswhite - We posted at the same time yesterday :) I really love my Sophia too. She's such a sweet sim, she may just win me over after all. The restaurant is just a reno of the bar. I can't remember its name... but I don't think it's where Gianni's house is. His house is where the crazy cat lady lived right? The restaurant is on the lot behind it.

I really like the newly renovated master bedroom. I always find myself decorating with blue, so of course I love it. That bathroom is great too! I had my kitty's liter box in the bathroom as well. The basement living area is so cozy. I've already got gen 2's house decorated but I'm gonna go add a basement living/family room after seeing yours. The triplets omg!? :love::heart: All 3 of them are gorgeous! Gianni and Jordyn's genetics mixed perfectly! I always love your male sims and Quinton is no exception, but Sloane is too beautiful to ignore. She's got the edge on her sister in my opinion only because I like her light brown hair. You'll have to see which teen you get most attached too and then decide, but there's really no wrong choice with those 3.

@OJenn - Waiting for your grade is torture. I hope your professor gets it posted up before Christmas. I've been considering building a gym for Brindleton Bay, but I can't find a lot I think it'd look nice on. I did upload the restaurant :) I'm glad you like it.

Oh you've got the winter mod! Your game looks gorgeous covered in snow! How's it running for you? I'm so tempted to download it. Seasons has been the # 1 pack I've wanted since the start. Mini Jenn's more mature makeover is lovely. I really like the outfits you chose for her, they all fit the adult lifestage really well, and still manage to be stylish. :joy: That face she's making totally captures how I feel about aging these days lol. Charlotte is SO pretty, but you're right, she does look a lot like your simself. Charles surprised me, as a child I didn't think he was a good mix. I totally thought he only looked like his Dad, but he's a great mix! I love that he got the insane trait. That is such a fun trait to play and all of the pics of his moods are great :lol: Aw Charlotte's friends with my daughter's simself :heart: She looks cute all grown up. I think little James is still my favorite. I love the picture of him taking out the trash, and the one of him on the monkey bars is super cute. I've been wondering why my kids aren't aging up with their character values! Waiting until they're YA's seems a little silly, but it explains why they haven't gotten them yet.

@JBAG521 - Oh that's a bummer about Cats and Dogs only being 30% off for you. At least it's on sale I guess. I totally understand having to be in a certain mood and mindset to wanna play games. It's always nice when that want returns and you can get back into your games. That's something I've always loved about the sims. It's so easy to pick back up where you've left off, unlike other games I play. Have fun at your Dads! I love wrapping presents, but I'm not the best wrapper either lol. What's washi tape?

Hooray for an update! I remember your family! It's all coming back to me. Herminone and Richard <3 Clary had quite the impressive spread of baked goods. I always so I'm gonna have a sim get into baking, but then I never follow through. Ginny is looking great. I remember her working hard on her weight loss goals. It's nice to see she and Tyler are still friends. I wonder if they'll become more... How terrible that Kyle died right after Ginny blew out her candles. The circle of life can be so cruel :(

@Meeshelby - I see that I missed replying to your question about my pics. Sorry about that. I use Photoscape to edit my pics. You can create a filter and the one I made basically just sharpens, brightens, and adds contrast to my pics. It's super simple to use. If it wasn't I wouldn't being using it lol
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @JBAG521 - Glad to see you posting again!! I can only imagine how daunting it must seem to have 200 pics to sift through. I love that you keep notes though. I always love seeing Richard in other people's games, he was such a great spouse in my game. Selling baked goods on the stand that came with City Living is a genius idea! I always forget you can sell pretty much anything on it. Ohhhh look at Ginny with a six pack over there! Kudos to her for working so hard. RIP Kyle, and on Ginny's birthday too poor family must have been devastated.

I hope you have a good holiday with your family this weekend. And yeah since all my schooling is online my grades get posted relatively quickly. I am hoping to see them today!

@Heckstress17 - The winter mod is running really good for me so far, I haven't had any issues with lag at all. But I think that is because the creator did a complete overhaul of the mod from what I understand.

While I wait for grades (I am literally refreshing this page) I think I might try to get some play time in today. So I might be back with another update today.
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    @Heckstress17 Washi tape is decorative tape that people mostly use for scrapbooking and the like, but it was all I had on hand and it did the job :) I was sad about losing Kyle, but Clary completed the body builder aspiration so she'll be with us forever. Her aging bar is sparkling but it has been doing that for a while now. Im not giving any spoilers, but shes really proving her worth in my game at the moment! :wink: Ive been at my dads for a couple of hours now and we've been watching this show called Insane Pools and its giving me ideas, but I dont think we have the items in game (yet) to execute them though and I definitely dont have the skillset for that anyway.

@OJenn I hope you get the grades you want. Please let us know when you find out :) I was only doing the baking skill because I had never had a sim complete it before and I wanted to see what she would be able to make. But using that cupcake machine builds the skill super slowly so it takes forever and you have to make SO much. I thought about just throwing it all out but then I thought I could maybe use that table thing to sell baked goods and gave it a go. Sometimes it can take a full day tending the table to sell everything, but you do eventually sell it all.

Update time!

Family Tree - nothing has changed

I feel like Sirius gets overlooked a lot because hes the only boy and hes really well-behaved, but here's Clary doing what she does best - nurturing her children
    kTBbk52.png

Carina met this guy outside the house and I literally have no idea what his name might be....
    O1onDT2.png

He scored an invite to the group meet up and later asked Carina on a date
    4R2g8TK.png
    tNOVBvC.png
    nbzuhSq.png
    s3FWCwB.png

I guess Grim had the night off and REALLY needed a drink?
    AVJy0bw.png

Hermione officially asked Richard to be her boyfriend and they shared their first kiss (and Im pretty sure this is when I moved him into the household too)
    JWDN6Oh.png
    QAfr0DU.png
    bqIGBNI.png

Yeah we basically only eat baked goods in this household now
    N5PfFYY.png
    EkwY7Zh.png
    Gv7f543.png

And I finally got to see Sirius' slob trait in action
    jJRr03I.png

Clary and Lily have a special relationship and she always makes sure Lily doesnt feel left out being the only child in the household
    5LBe4dc.png
    84MQ3Mq.png

Luna still loves to garden and shes been doing some fishing too to get some fertiliser for her plants
    WHKkju0.png

Ginny is still willing to be Clary's victim mentee
    PxG4Pvg.png

And Carina is treated like one of Clary and Kyle's kids more than their niece
    4yPrk8K.png

I need to keep a really close eye on Clary - she autonomously works out all the time and shes usually "dangerously tired" by the time I find her
    A1YvUpb.png

Another gorgeous painting
    cRJ2DS1.png

These two....contemplating stuff....
    EOlgmVe.png

Ginny can do some really awesome tricks now that she has nearly maxed out the Mixology skill
    V7O85Ia.png

I dont know why Sirius had to sit DIRECTLY BEHIND Clary to chat to her and do his homework. Why not at the table, or even just a little further away?
    exxFVNK.png

I swear I put desks in all the bedrooms but this is the only one that ever gets used and its always by Carina
    lHFb2Hf.png

These two are seriously sickly sweet...I love them!
    Yo2q7ZT.png

We all know what *this* look means..
    5ouBUAJ.png
    Y26ykXj.png

And a couple of cute Clary pics to finish us off for today
    OCVG4E8.png
    GwiYMAw.png

In case I dont get another chance, I hope you all have a happy and safe holiday and Ill see you all in a couple of days :heart:
    edited December 2017
    While things are slow for me and I keep refreshing the page for my grades (one came in btw finally). I figured I would post an update.

Charles' Day Out
    Now that Charles is older, and he has the soulmate aspiration, it was time to get him out to explore the town the potentials.
    b97bb5c9a9.jpg

His firat stop was the lighthouse, there had to be some cute girls there right? No such luck.
    d2712610d8.jpg

While he was there Charles figured he would stop by and visit Sadie
    4e1c55be74.jpg

Not long after he got back home he heard the Romance Festival was starting. That had to be the perfect place!
    efce4e3c19.jpg

So he casually chatted up the guru to ask if he would be forever alone. The Guru said, "Your true love is closer than you think."
    3bfb12d26a.jpg

Charles wasn't sure what to make of that so he scooted off to enjoy the festivities, maybe the guru was crazy after all.
    4f555a3451.jpg

He tried talking to several different girls around his age but none seemed to be interested. Not even the Delgato's daughter.
    782899f93e.jpg

But then he noticed a familiar face in the crowd, Laura Heck.
    8d8efa07dd.jpg

He felt so awkward around her but he wasn't quite sure why.
    acfc3d7bd3.jpg

All in all, it was a good day out for Charles, he left with a lot on his mind including Laura.
    e06bb4e5de.jpg
    @JBAG521 - Hehe we updated at the same time! Figured I would come back in and comment before heading to bed.

Clary is such a good mother, and poor Sirius being the only boy. Looks like Carina is having a great time with the mystery guy. And oh boy leave it to Grim to be a buzzkill haha. Aww congrats to Hermoine and Richard on making things official! LOL, Sirius looks like he may be enjoying that pie. Sirius has to sit so close to his mom because he loves her lol, I love that she is working on a picture of Ginny ♥ I will be sad when Clary goes, I wasn't ready for Kyle so I know I won't be ready when its her turn.
    @OJenn Poor Charles not having any girls interested in him...except maybe Laura? I havent looked recently to see who the potentials are but I assume shes one of them?? I love that filter on your photos - its perfect for the romance festival. Regarding Carina's mystery man, I write notes, but theyre only names, traits, aspirations and what colour Ive assigned them so I can tell who's who when it has been a while :wink: I think Jasmine and Clary have done all of the portraits except the ones of themselves. Im working on getting all the combinations of selfies for the wall of pictures I have going in the new house, and Ive basically made a checklist to make sure Ive got them all :joy:
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Heckstress17 I saw you mention us posting at the same time and I scrolled back to make sure I hadn't missed anything and I had! I totally missed your comments from the 22nd! I think the same thing when I see our sims. I love to know how my "other" family is doing! I love seeing Sasha and Greysen too but what makes me sad is losing Greysen. In my Oasis Spring's save, I never lost him!

Hmmm, I'm leaning towards Quinton even though I wanted a girl, but Londyn was my second choice...you and Ojenn are making me consider Sloane though. Haha I aw your comment with @JBAG521 about washi! Come down the rabbit hole! I love washi...I cringe at the thought of her using it as tape for her presents! I have received over 60 rolls for xmas so far hahaha!!

@OJenn Oh my gosh! If I wasn't struggling with snow right now...and if I hadn't had to drive to my brother's yesterday for Christmas in an ice storm I would totally be loving your snow mod! It is really pretty...snow is pretty...it's just expensive and messy! I love the look on Jenn's face. Me too Jenn, me too. The look on those twins' faces! Hehe cranky babies! But oh, Charlotte is so pretty! Oh and Charles...he's handsome and I still have a soft spot for insane sims. <3 James is cute too. I can't wait to see him grow up! That's a great idea to start the club for that aspiration. I am going to remember that for a future sim! I think Lawrence did the super parent trait...do they have to age up to young adults first maybe? HAHA then you confirmed that :)

Wow, the Romance Festival looks so pretty in the snow! Awww I love seeing Charles with Laura Heck! So cute.

@JBAG521 I just sent you another friend request on Origin...it's a long story I'll elaborate on at the end of comments. :) In the mean time, hooray for an update!

Awww Richard and Hermione are so cute :) Parents always seem to show up on dates! Wow Ginny's abs! I love the teen "zombie" walk! Awww bye Kyle :( I can't blame you for loving Richard :)

Hehe poor Sirius he's a cutie, but I love Carina's reaction to the new boy and I love seeing their interactions. Oh my gosh and I just love Richard and Hermione. Oh I have suffered the elder autonomously working out to the point of danger so many times!

SOOOO...@everyone I bought cats and dogs for my son for his birthday and his girlfriend took over his computer. So for Christmas I bought her sims and cats and dogs. I tried to buy a bundle pack. They had the gamed bundled Sims and Cats and Dogs for $24.99. Unfortunately because she didn't have the base game I couldn't purchase her a bundle that included Sims and Cats and Dogs. I had to buy them separately for $38.74. I asked the EA customer support person to refund me the difference of $13.74. He said he couldn't do that and offered me a 15% discount on a future purchase. I took the discount but when I told him that was only $5 of my purchase he told me if I spent $100 it would be $15 and if I spent $200 it would be even more. I want to write an email but when I try going through the help desk to do that the only option that comes up is a chat.

Manoj - Now we would need to try out the only way left. We would need to try with the base game if she receives that.

you - It allowed me to purchase just the base game

Manoj - That is what I thinking. As basically we were trying to gift her an expansion. It can not allowed it. My apologies to you for any inconvenience.

you - Well that was a base game and expansion so I am expecting I can get a refund for the difference?

Manoj - I would not be able to get you the exact price difference but I am getting you a 15% discount coupon code so that you can purchase the game via Origin store anytime you like with that discount.

you - Who can I talk to about getting the price difference? I paid an addition $13.74 buying them separately.
    you - 15% of that is only $5.80

Manoj - I can completely understand your concern but I am just trying to help you with all our option. We do not have refund options for gifting. You can use the Origin discount coupon for any other purchase of the game if you like in future. Like if your purchase any game worth $100, you get $15 back. Or if you purchase many contents and your price for all those contents in your cart goes for $200 or more. You will be 15% off on your total price for all those contents.

you - This shouldn't have happened though. If the coupon is my only option I will take it, but this shouldn't have happened. No one is going to buy the base game and Pets expansion as a bundle for someone who already has the game. I understand you might not be able to help me with anything else, but there should be someone who can? I do appreciate your help by the way. She has the games now and that was my main objective.

Manoj - I totally agree with you so I tried to help you as quick as I could so that she can get her gifts. If there would be any way to get the refund for the gift, I would have definitely get it done for you.

you - So there is no one in your company besides you that can help me with this? No where I could send an email to ask?

Manoj - Sure there are our higher team who can provide you more details information but as a summery for this, the answer will be same as I have shared. There is really no way to get a refund for the gifts. That is why I shared you the information before trying the step with you.

you - Oh I'm not asking for a refund for the gift :) I'm asking to pay the bundle price. I want to pay $24.99 instead of $38.74 since I was trying to buy the bundle and there was an issue with the bundle that didn't allow me to buy it.

Manoj - Yes. I am concerned with the same. To get you the extra amount back. If there would be any option to refund, I would have get you those extra amount refunded. So I tried to make the exception for you and getting you a discount coupon that you can use anytime you like in future purchase.

you - OK thank you for your help

Manoj - Your most welcome Deb.
    Manoj - May I know if there is anything else that I can help you with today?

you - No, that was it. Are you going to give me the coupon?

Manoj - Sure. Here it is:
    Manoj - Thank you for contacting EA Help. Have a nice day.

you - You too

Manoj - Merry Christmas. :)
    Manoj - Bye and take care of yourself please.

you - Thank you Manoj, you too. Merry Christmas
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    I'm back for comments! I haven't had time to play yet :( I didn't even get my Christmas shopping done until last night! The holidays are getting more hectic the older I get!! :cold_sweat:

@debjameswhite I love how close your family is--grandparents and all. I always forget to keep the grandparents involved. You'll have to buy them a kiddie table so they all have room ;) Oh my gosh, the kittens sleeping on Gianni's bed is too cute. I think I'm going to play my next heir as a single for awhile so her pet(s) can sleep in the bed with her ;) The new master bedroom looks amazing! It reminds me of all the German hotels I've been researching (I'm going in March!!)--they all have fun, funky colors too. I love seeing the "remodeling" over time; it feels more "real" that way. Do you have your families on the gallery? I'd love to have last gen's Emelia and Makenna Wolfe for my game. The triplets aged up well--good luck picking one! I'm partial to the girls this generation, but they're both so gorgeous I can't choose a favorite.

That's plum that you couldn't buy the Sims + Cats and Dogs bundle without the base game...that's the whole point of the bundle! And only a 15% off coupon as compensation? That's plum. When I first bought Sims 3, I spent over $60 on the base game, Pets, Seasons, Late Night, and High End Stuff...two months later, Origin "updated" and I lost all of it. There was no trace on my computer of ever owning the games. I've been terrified of Origin updates ever since! I probably should have contacted EA and tried to get them back (or at least my money back), but after hearing about your experience, I'm glad I didn't. I don't have patience for plum like that.

@Heckstress17 I love that Matias and Marley are still close! The family dinner was cute too--you're doing so much better than me this generation! I've yet to have a family dinner or make friends outside the family :lol: The home gym looks great! Having one makes the athletic aspiration/careers sooo much easier.

@OJenn Oh my gosh...you're tempting me with the winter mod... The kids all aged up great! I'm surprised by how much I like Charles, but I'm holding out my vote until James ages up. Charlotte is drop-dead gorgeous :love: But alternating genders is fun! I love Charlotte's little friend club (and whatever lot they're on!). Are Laura and Imane both potential mates? Mini Jenn is such a good mom. I'm a little jealous--Sawyer is definitely a hands-off parent :lol: You're doing way better than me with the character values! I keep forgetting about them, honestly. Poor Charles...you'll find someone eventually! He and Laura would make such a cute couple!

@JBAG521 Yay, you're back!! Richard and Hermione make a cute couple :blush: I didn't even think to make a "bake sale" with those display tables--that's perfect for a chef Sim! Sirius is a cutie!! :love: Hahahaha, Grim at the bar...I imagine reaping souls all day would make someone need a drink once in awhile! Ooo Hermione and Richard are taking the relationship to all kinds of new levels :smiley: Tbh can't wait for babies--their great genetics are gonna make some cute ones!!
    UPDATE: I need an email address. I just got the email with my 15% code and it expires in 6 days. @JordanNicoleJJ I don't have the patience either and I keep thinking it's only $14 but it's annoying me!
    So I've spent literally all morning updating origin and Sims, then the game started tearing. Now I'm updating all the drivers on my computer praying it will be enough. I just want to Sim for Christmas :tired_face:
    @Debjameswhite - Wow what a mess! You were super nice throughout your chat with support though.
    @debjameswhite that's such a ridiculous thing - surely there has to be a way to report an issue with the bundles because Im sure youre not the only one who has had that issue. Im also a little confused as to why you needed to add/re-add me??

@JordanNicoleJJ Just you wait!!! They have toddlers so far and one on the way and the toddlers are so ridiculously cute!!! Im sorry youre having issues with your game. Mine was doing something similar - the screen kept flickering but I updated literally everything on my computer and its running perfectly now so I hope yours works after updating drivers too :)

Christmas has been a quiet affair here today - mostly snacking and visiting with my grandparents. Its also my grandmother's birthday today. My sister and I have been watching movies all afternoon. I was 35 degrees celsius here today, but it has been storming/raining the last 2 hours so now its really nice here. I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow with your families and friends x
    @JBAG521 Oh I left that part off my story! The guy made me removed my son's gf from my friend list and I accidentally removed you...sorry!! :)

Merry Christmas everyone :) It's snowing here today...Nor'easter so I'll be playing all day! haha
    Merry Christmas my friends! :)
    Merry Christmas all!

It's a Christmas miracle -- after updating literally everything on my laptop, the game is running better than ever!! No lag and the graphics are clearer than ever! :smiley: I'm so excited!!
    @debjameswhite Im just glad you got it all sorted :) Ugh I so desperately want to have a white christmas - it was 38 degrees celsius here yesterday and humidity was 85% until around 4pm and then it stormed the rest of the afternoon/evening. So we went from not being able to do much because of the heat to not being able to do much because of the storms. Hahahahaha.

@Heckstress17 Merry Christmas!!

@JordanNicoleJJ Im so glad the updating worked for you as well!!! Im yet to have children again so Im not sure if the 8am freeze bug is gone or not, but my game didnt freeze once in my 4 hour gameplay the other day, and there was no screen flickering either! Hopefully it will continue to run well :)
    Update (finally!)

Sawyer worked hard through her last trimester with baby #3. They own a roomba, but she insisted on doing the cleaning herself. I think--after three pregnancies--her nesting instincts finally kicked in!
    12-11-17_8-49-34c2a0pm.png

Her nurturing instincts crossed over into her work life as well--not that the kitties are complaining! Despite her soft touch, she's still only getting 3-4 star reviews. Has anyone else managed to get above 4 stars?
    12-11-17_8-53-30c2a0pm.png

Unfortunately for her and the patient, Sawyer was in the middle of performing a surgery when she went into labor! And to top it off--the machine broke at the exact same time. Sam promised he would handle it, and she left for the hospital alone.
    12-11-17_9-01-02c2a0pm.png

A few days later, they had another baby girl crawling around the house! Meet Bonnie Black. She's a bit clingy, but her aging father doesn't mind one bit--he'll take all the snuggles he can get for as along as he can get!
    12-11-17_9-28-06c2a0pm.png

Basically a tradition in this house at this point, Sylvester was the first (pet) to meet the baby. Bonnie's wasn't quite sure what to think...
    12-25-17_4-23-01c2a0pm.png

After some awkward head pats and unsolicited face 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Bonnie decided cats aren't so bad. Folks, we may finally have another cat lover in the house! :love:
    12-25-17_4-24-20c2a0pm.png

Sawyer got Bobbie an art table for her birthday--she loved it! Proud mama Sawyer hangs up every picture she draws :heart:
    12-25-17_5-29-12c2a0pm.png

If Bobbie isn't drawing, she's using her birthday present from Sam--her first keyboard. She's pretty good for a kid!
    12-25-17_6-13-14c2a0pm.png

Billie's growing up fast. She started asking a lot more questions about boys, relationships, and the most dreaded--woohoo.
    12-25-17_6-05-32c2a0pm.png

Thankfully, she went to her mom with these questions, who was simply happy she was asking her, not her father or school friends. Sawyer's officially the "cool mom" :sunglasses:
    12-25-17_6-06-31c2a0pm.png

Speaking of boys, Billie developed a little crush on her best friend, Brice Huntington (I think I said he was a Huntley at one point--my bad! He's definitely J and Summer's kid).
    12-25-17_6-15-43c2a0pm.png

She doesn't know if he likes her back, and she want to ruin their friendship, so she's playing it cool for now. And by cool, I mean subtly trying to impress him at any given moment -- "Look, no hands!" The athlete in him approves ;)
    12-25-17_6-11-57c2a0pm.png

Bonnie's the first truly clingy toddler they've had, and it's making skilling sooo much easier--she'll do flashcards all day long if they have the time!
    12-25-17_5-50-56c2a0pm.png

Sam hasn't had any luck finding someone to manage the clinic while he's gone, so he's been working late most nights. Sawyer's really stepped up and taken on his responsibilities on top of her own. Because of this, Sawyer and Bonnie are really close <3 Cat lovers gotta stick together in this house! ;)
    12-25-17_5-53-06c2a0pm.png

12-25-17_5-54-53c2a0pm.png

edited December 2017
    I hope everyone that celebrates had a wonderful Christmas! <3 I always get so sad when the holiday season is over. I don't have anything else to look forward to now... *sigh* Anyway, I played a bit before Christmas and have an update to post after I write up comments. :)

@debjameswhite - I will never understand the logic EA uses in pricing the bundle packs. As others have said, you handled yourself very well in your chat with the EA support. A 15% off coupon hardly makes up for the fact that they wouldn't refund you the difference, but I hope your sons girlfriend is enjoying her new games. I'm so jealous of your white Christmas! It was 80° and sunny all day long here. I was hoping it would at least be in the 70's. I definitely miss my northern winters.

@JBAG521 - Sounds like you had a nice relaxing Christmas. It was also really hot here too, but no storms for us. Thank you for the explanation on washi tape. Now I'm picturing your gifts wrapped with it lol I bet it turned out really cute. If you ever need more @debjameswhite just got 60+ rolls for Christmas! lol

@JordanNicoleJJ - A better running computer and crisper graphics is a pretty great Christmas present. Let's hope it stays that way lol. Poor Sawyer doing all that hard work at the clinic and it still never rising above a 4 star rating. I can completely sympathize. I've given up on trying to get mine past 4 stars. I don't think know if it's a glitch, or if a 4 star clinic is just really hard to achieve. It was definitely easier to get my restaurant to 5 stars. Little Bonnie is a cutie just like her sisters. Though she looks to definitely take more after her Father. I love how she's posed when she first meets Sylvester. Bobbie's so cute using two fingers to play her keyboard. Billie's still my fav. Loved how Sawyer handled her questions, she's the cool Mom indeed. Her friendship with the Huntington boy is adorable. I love how you described their relationship. Totally rooting for them.

@OJenn - I know Charles was in the cemetery to mourn Sadie, but that shot is so beautiful! Ah! I literally cannot wait until they add weather to the game. I REALLY hope it's the next expansion. Anyway, Charles' attempts at introductions and flirtation at the romance festival made me smile. He's so adorably awkward. His expression while talking to Laura was great.
    edited December 2017
    Small update!

Naomi got a rocket ship. It's part of her aspiration, and even though I know she won't be completing it, she still loves working on it when she's not at the clinic.
    poTlyeU.png

Sophia is smart like her Mother, and because of that has become the victim of bullying at school. She regularly comes home sad or angry after being picked on. :(
    m9BE9fR.png

Though there's a bit of an age difference, Ariana is a real sweetheart and is always there to calm her big sister down, or lend a shoulder to cry on.
    IW61DUO.png

Which Sophia very much appreciates. It's true she's a social butterfly, but Sophia's best friends are truly her family.
    MxTjRvW.png

I tried, but the twins didn't stand any chance of completing their childhood aspirations while on short lifespan. For the last 2 days of their childhood, instead of skilling, they spent their time playing.
    M9T7tpy.png

Though Antonia couldn't resist completing her homework when given her own free will. Ariana reminds me of her Mom in this picture. She loves the doctor kit!
    7vbSyIi.png

Then it was time for the twins to become teens! I really like how they aged up. :) I can't remember Antonia's traits, but Ariana added loves the outdoors to her cat lover trait, securing her heir win.
    dw4nSMW.png

And the genetics comparison. I think they're actually pretty unique looking and unlike any sims I ever would've created on my own. I'm not the best sim maker so that's really not saying much lol but still! I like that they have their Dad's eye shape, but with Mom's color. To me it looks like that have their Dad's lips but with some of Mom's fullness, and they have a slightly varying version of their Mom's nose. The rest is all Dad in my opinion. Either way I'm happy with their genetic blend.
    HRSYm0Z.jpg

And last but not least, Naomi and Matias both aged up to elders.
    wUIvWQy.png

This flower skirt has become "Naomi's skirt" in my mind, so I had to make an elder outfit including it.
    xwv0LOK.png

Since I'm playing on short lifespan (because of lag and other freezing problems I was having) I'm afraid Naomi and Matias are gonna die before their girls are fully grown. So I'm gonna turn aging off for them next time I play to be safe. That's it for now. Happy Simming!
    A belated Merry Christmas everyone! Husband person and I did not venture out for Christmas, although we did head to Key West on Christmas Eve. (Not enough money to go home and see family). My step-daughter absolutely loved her present however, we overnighted it to her. And received a video of her literally squealing when she opened her present to see a Fire 7 tablet. For dinner, we made mashed cauliflower, ham, Brussel sprouts, and stuffing. It's so nice to cook for just two people, whew!

As far as school is concerned I managed to slide through with a C and a B- so that means I get to walk across the stage next year!! Because I am an online student I can pick any of the Art Institute's to go to for graduation so now I just have to decide. (There are sooo many campuses)Anyway, I hope everyone had a good holiday - now on to the comments!

@JordanNicoleJJ - I am thrilled to see that you got your game up and running smoothly, I think I would have been devastated if you couldn't. I have grown quite fond of Sawyer, Sam, and the girls. Are you aiming for more than three kids for Sam and Sawyer, I feel like 3 is a good number to have especially with Sam not getting any younger. Aww that blue kitty looks so cute - is that the icy fur disease? Poor Sawyer can't seem to get a break, what luck to have the machine break down AND go into labor. WOW! I personally love the clingy trait for toddlers they are so cute. And little Bonnie is adorable ♥ I love that Sawyer is a cool mom to her girls. And I can't wait to see what, if anything, happens with Billi and the little Huntington boy.

@Heckstress17 - Ohh I always love watching sims develop the rocket ship but it takes up so much space haha! Gosh, you really are making me reconsider my vote for heir with how pretty Sophia is! I still can not get over how the twins look. I know I have told you before but you got lucky with identical twins. (But I can't tell them apart haha) I do love how they turned out as teens, they are so pretty! Do you maybe have an upload of the family, I think I might add them to my game if you don't mind.

I hope to get some play time in this week as well.
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!! Will update soon!
    @JordanNicoleJJ Hooray for an update! My sims always cleaned up themselves too. It was faster. I got to a solid 4 with Matias but then I stopped playing his household and even before that I stopped going in every day. Maybe a future generation will try again. Awww Poor Sawyer having to go to the hospital alone! Awww look how cute little Bonnie is though! I love the name :) "unsolicited face plum" I am dying to know what plum was supposed to be! Bobbie is so cute. Haha I love that Sawyer is the cool Mom :) Sawyer with Bonnie was too cute!

@Heckstress17 haha you wouldn't have been jealous of my white Christmas this morning! I slid off the edge of the driveway and was stuck. I didn't get into work until noon! Argh!!!

OMG Yay for the update! OMG you let Naomi work on her aspiration! You're the best :) Aww poor Sophia...but her with her sister...too cute! The twins aged up awesomely and I love those traits! I love how you colored Naomi's hair as an elder. I wish I would remember to do stuff like that!

@OJenn Congratulations on school! I'm proud of you :) Your Christmas with your husband sounds blissful. I hope you guys had a very nice time.
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 21: Heir

I love these kids.
    yP9Sd.png

I love this family.
    yP9Ud.png

I love their table. That painting in the background is one of Londyn’s.
    yP9WM.png

This I did not love. This never happened in Oasis Springs.
    yPa1q.png
    yPa1Y.png

Almost immediately there was another weird ghostly message.
    yPa2D.PNG

This time she went, and she convinced her father to find her mother.
    yPa8d.png

This is a new girl in town and I love her.
    yPa9p.PNG

The girls were going through a phase where they fought a lot.
    yPaaM.png

Quinton was oblivious to what his sisters were doing.
    yPacf.png

Eventually the sisters made amends and all was well in the house again.
    yPadz.png

The only thing wrong with this picture is Gianni isn’t in it. He had to work.
    yPaeR.png

Quinton went to a festival and while I was looking for something I suddenly noticed he was busy!
    yPajR.png

After her set, they sat and talked for a long time.
    yPaJs.png

After she left Quinton shot some hoops with his Grandpa.
    yPaK6.png

Meanwhile at home, Gianni was being abducted!
    yPaLc.png

Inside, no one was aware.
    yPbUn.png

Luckily, Gianni was so happy about the experience.
    yPbiu.PNG

Gianni went to see his sister and he was so happy for her! She had a little boy.
    yPbqE.png

Back at home, Gianni had made some yummy chowder but Quinton doesn’t think he likes it very much.
    yPbrT.png

He does like gardening though.
    yPbtM.png

Londyn made a friend too but he seems to be sad an awful lot.
    yPbuX.png

Quinton tried the chowder again later. Still nope.
    yPbvW.png

Londyn is still trying with Kaiden but he seems to have some issues.
    yPbx8.png

So the wait is over. I feel bad for picking another boy but I like his choice of mate the best. Quinton will be heir!
    yPbzt.png
    @Heckstress17 Yay an update! Aw poor Sophia, nothing wrong with being smart! I love how close the girls are--even Sophia. Seeing the twins play together always makes me smile :smile: Oh. my. gosh. They aged up so well!! I second @OJenn 's request for a gallery upload--I want them in my game too! I love their outfits! Ariana's teeth gap is adorable, I'm so glad she's heir :heart: Mathias and Naomi are still lookin' good in their elder years! They're such a cute couple :heart:

@OJenn It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! <3 My mom makes mashed cauliflower too! AHHH congrats on graduating!! That's such a huge accomplishment. If your Sim builds say anything about your design skills, you deserve it! I'm going to stick with three kids this generation. I thought about letting them try for a boy, but like you said, Sam isn't getting any younger. Plus I'm not a fan of big households (I hate to say it, but I won't be sad when the pets die--it'll make the household much easier to manage!). It is one of the icy fur diseases, but I'm not sure which one. There are so many pet illnesses I can't keep track of them all! And yes please get some play time in--I need an update!

@debjameswhite It's supposed to be "unsolicited face l-i-c-k-s"...I have no idea why that's censored when "let l-i-c-k face" is an interaction in the game! Oh no, Grayson! :cry: Oh my gosh, I've never seen siblings literally fight before :scream:And Gianni got abducted?! What a crazy update!! Lol at least he was happy about the experience :lol: Is that Emelia that's pregnant? Is she on the Gallery? I'd love to have her for my game. Congrats Quinton! I don't blame you for choosing him, I love the gene pool mate you chose for him.
    Update

Billie is spending a lot more time outside the house now that she's older, and once in awhile she lets Bobbie tag along. Her BFF Brice even brought his Windenburg exchange student, Cohen, so she'd have someone her own age to hang out with.
    12-27-17_3-20-13c2a0pm.png

They hit it off immediately. Bobbie couldn't get enough of his "cute accent." She spent the whole morning showing him around the wharf, and he promised to show her around Windenburg if she ever visited.
    12-27-17_3-19-29c2a0pm.png

Billie asked Brice why he brought Cohen, hoping for something along the lines of "I wanted to be alone with you..." To her disappointment, it went a little more like this: "I know how clingy little brothers and sisters can be, figured you could use a break. I'll take my thank-you-hug anytime now."
    12-27-17_3-22-42c2a0pm.png

"Yeah...thanks..." Well, at least she got a hug.
    12-27-17_3-23-33c2a0pm1.png

The truth is, Billie loves spending time with her siblings, even when they smell like dirty diaper!
    12-27-17_10-51-21c2a0pm.png

Seriously though, someone give that baby a bath... :lol:
    12-27-17_10-54-10c2a0pm1.png

Sam lives for his days off when he can spend time with the kids, especially baby Bonnie. The older she gets, the more he regrets all those late nights at the clinic...
    12-27-17_11-19-39c2a0pm.png

12-27-17_11-18-33c2a0pm.png

They decided to try taking Bonnie to the clinic on the days they both work. Bonnie's content to play with her toys in the office--as long as Sam or Sawyer are in the room.
    12-27-17_11-54-47c2a0pm.png

Which means the clinic starts to back up... Even the roomba can't keep up with the mess sometimes :tired_face:
    12-28-17_12-00-19c2a0am.png

They do get home earlier though, which gives them some "couple time" before bed... :smirk:
    12-27-17_10-38-11c2a0pm.png

Unfortunately, Bobbie's in the middle of her "monster under the bed" phase. She's walked in on them more than once... :flushed:
    12-27-17_11-35-47c2a0pm.png

Billie was more than happy to explain exactly what Bobbie had walked in on. "The what goes where?!" At least it saves Sam and Sawyer an awkward talk... :lol:
    12-27-17_10-46-08c2a0pm.png

I'll leave you with this pic of Bonnie and Sylvester taking a group poop. There are honestly no boundaries in this house :no_mouth:
    12-27-17_10-10-45c2a0pm.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top