Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken Mods: Cats and Dogs/Nov. 2017

Comments

• Options
    RebelShadowKittenRebelShadowKitten Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > RebelShadowKitten wrote: »
    >
    > Going back to the re-broken counter issue from the December patch (now that it's officially January, LOL!), it appears that it was one specific set the batch fixer wasn't recognizing or couldn't update for whatever reason. Took me a while to boot up my game again, 'cuz I was that annoyed, and when I did, I switched out the "Coastal Kitchen" set by SIMcredible! over on TSR (too new to post links, from what I've read from others). Anyway, I switched it out for a generic recolor of a base game item, and even with a "CC" kitchen, my Sims can cook normally.
    >
    > Unless that set's been updated by its creator, or someone else knows a way to fix it themselves that I don't, I'd avoid it for now. As long as I've got my coastal themed kitchen for my beach house, I'm happy either way!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Did you see that SimCredible updated that set themselves on Dec 15th? You would need to download it new from TSR.

I checked for an update, but I must've checked a bit too early or didn't see that part. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    alpacasovereignalpacasovereign Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello! I'm normally a lurker but I thought I'd put some stuff that helped me normalize my game since we were having some problems.

The patch seems to have affected autonomy- they'll just stand there and not do many things on their own with it turned on, and with MCCC's autonomy rules to help, it's still pretty... iffy.

But we noticed a trend where when we made a lot from scratch, or took a lot from the gallery and modified it as we saw fit, as soon as a sim used the TV or computer, or interacted with pets, that they'd instantly 'freeze', like just standing there and moving a little but not doing anything even when skipping the time; and could only be temporarily reset by going into CAS to edit the household, or back to the world view to remove them and put them back into the house.

What we found to work, without them freezing, was to take the lot out, take the sims out, place a different lot, then the family, and suddenly they're not freezing or malfunctioning whenever they watch a TV, use the computer, or interact with pets. We have yet to find if it's just a common CC item used that may have been breaking it, but using base lots seems to have helped and if a household does freeze it's best to try and place them on a new lot. We are still cleaning out CC beds, sofas, couches, counters too, so we had some of those items in game but not in the house at all. We have also deduced adding pets to a family household on a 'custom' made lot will affect gameplay in this way, whereas doing it in a 'preset' lot will not.

... The autonomy is still an issue, and I don't know what's causing it. Like they need to be told what to do exactly and don't do much stuff on their own, and this is some households but not others, who walk around and do things just fine-- but I'd frankly prefer having this over them freezing, because at least we CAN play with the household, with pets, even! So that's good for now. But if anyone has a suggestion what to look for in my mods, that'd be great!!!

We also had the dreaded 'Load household by pressing play' glitch, where it froze, blackscreened, even gave me a BSOD 'fault in nonpaged area' error once, and gave me graphics driver card errors constantly about having to restart. We think this is definitely related to outdated CC/Mods as I just installed this graphics card and it runs other games at higher settings perfectly, so I can't stress enough you have to take everything out and put things slowly back in and quarantine problematic folders and slowly take stuff from folders and put them back in to see what is causing it. I have found, a lot of things we downloaded in April, June and July folders, all were pretty broken. Sadly that was about 60% of CC we had to take out. I kind of gave up on doing the second part of going into folders and testing items, because I don't have the time, so I can't tell you what exactly was causing it, but by the looks of the folders it was just CC items for buy/build and mostly clothes/CAS items as well.

On a side note, if anyone is looking for traits to update for the game, looking for a challenge, I loved these robot traits as I have robot characters but sadly they have been all broken for a while. modthesims.info/d/549599 Maybe if anyone would like to try their hand at these, or even instruct me how to try to update them myself, I would really appreciate it! Thank you! :)
  • Options
    Wishonmeh05Wishonmeh05 Posts: 637 Member
    @alpacasovereign I can add your robot traits to my update list.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @alpacasovereign You can try running the CC batch fixes Sims 4 Studio has produced to correct your problems with your CAS and Buy Mode items (they have fixes for both). Download the program from Sims 4 Studio (you will need a membership but, it's free), once it is installed, from the top of the main page choose Tools; Batch Fixes; either CAS or objects; then the Cats and Dogs fixes

To help with the autonomy issues, you may try deleting the localthumbcache.package file it can become bloated and stop animations. The game will automatically generate a new one. You can also safely delete your cache file and cachestr which store temporary information.

Lastly, make sure that you have the latest version of MCCC they updated after the Cats & Dogs patch as well.
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Thanks for everyones help on this thread. :) what is the latest MCC cause mine is acting up.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,697 Member
    Thanks for everyones help on this thread. :) what is the latest MCC cause mine is acting up.

MCCC 4.0.0

Download here: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    @Wishonmeh05 oh my gosh thank you! i'll be looking forward to using them properly again! <3 p.s thank you again for your hard work in taking on requests, i am so stoked to have a lot of the traits lost back!

@Bananas_45 thank you! i will give this a try! : D i didn't know this was a thing that could be done!
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited January 2018
    Ugh this is so nanoying...I kepe getting errors for new cc. I took out all the trest of my cc and I sitllg et errors. I hope there another uppdate because 90% of my cc I can't place in my game. (vent)
    Post edited by HyunHee on
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    Hello again! I tried to delete the cache but things still are very odd with the autonomy. When we go into a household to play, they work fine but slowly act as though they are bogged down and stop responding and start freezing altogether. Resetting it by exiting the household or going into edit CAS household fixes temporarily, but something is still extremely broken and I get last exception files a few times if anyone would like to take a look, I can't figure out what is causing them.

Overall the issue no longer seems strictly pets interaction related, we went into a few households without pets to test it out on and some worked fine whereas others lagged.

I did try the batch fixes, it seems like it helped the existing CC somewhat? But did not work on the quarantined mods folders I mentioned earlier.

I'm at a loss, but hoping there's going to be a fix soon, maybe its just a matter of waiting for EA to put out a patch to help the bugginess. I'm not sure...

As a side note, we also had issues with the sims profiles/interactions glitching where you couldn't click on it or switch, and I removed Zerbu's Experiences and Renamed Emotions mods and that seems to have solved that issue, though I still can't click on icons when sims are at school or at work, or the flashing red icon if they're missing school/work... what a pain this is.. but thank you for everyone for posting thus far! I guess we'll keep clearing the cache and hope for the best. : )
  • Options
    @alpacasovereign You may have a mod conflict (I'm not talking CC, just your mods.) You might want to try running those in batches to see if the problems still exist. Did you go to the first page of this thread to make sure you didn't have a broken Mod or need to update? When you post your last exceptions be sure to tag @rosemow and @luthienrising
  • Options
    @Bananas_45 Yes I've made sure! I think I found some culprits though in the last exceptions file when I tried to put it in a different word program:

ItaSimShow Info Mod - itasim
    Longer Parties, More Guests - weerbesu (20 Sim Cap Remover.package seems to be fine by itself)

Things are working fine now after taking those out- I know people said weerbesu updated it, but it doesn't seem to be working properly. Same for ItaSims, in the comments people are posting last exception files as well that may be messing up the game. I hope this helps for anyone looking for conflicting/broken mods!
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »

MCCC 4.0.0

Download here: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease

• Options
    SinaSimSinaSim Posts: 64 Member
    Does anyone know which mod could be causing an issue where sims can't travel? They can travel using the map, but not by phone. When I click travel, it doesn't even show as a queued action and nothing happens.
  • Options
    Bumble_BeeBumble_Bee Posts: 1 New Member
    11/01/18 update has caused [crazycupcake]moreskinnies not to work on my game, my sim was going into the room and other sims were getting the embrassed moodlet, as if she had walked in on them in the bathroom. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issues.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Hello, I need help, ;( my sims hair is all glitched after the patch, I did the batch fix and it's still weird, also my sims are now getting double eyebrows >.> and I CANNOT change skin colour anymore :/ ughh
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    Anyone have any idea what kind of mod is causing me these issues :{ I really don't know what it is that would be causing all these issues. Never had these issues before until this patch.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Bumble_Bee wrote: »
    11/01/18 update has caused [crazycupcake]moreskinnies not to work on my game, my sim was going into the room and other sims were getting the embrassed moodlet, as if she had walked in on them in the bathroom. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issues.

Do you have the updated version of Crazy Cupcakes moreskinnies? http://crazycupcakefr13.blogspot.fr/2016/11/skinny-jeans-fixed.html

The pants should not be causing a moodlet problem. Do you have any mods in your game (not CC but, gameplay mods)? You might want to try removing them and seeing if you still have the moodlet problem. Then add them back one by one until you find the culprit. If you have a lot of mods try the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your mods too.
  • Options
    Anyone have any idea what kind of mod is causing me these issues :{ I really don't know what it is that would be causing all these issues. Never had these issues before until this patch.

You might want to try the 50/50 method to determine what cc/mods are causing your problem. Remove half of your cc/mods to your desk top then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your mods. If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your mods too.

• Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Bumble_Bee wrote: »

Do you have the updated version of Crazy Cupcakes moreskinnies? http://crazycupcakefr13.blogspot.fr/2016/11/skinny-jeans-fixed.html

The pants should not be causing a moodlet problem. Do you have any mods in your game (not CC but, gameplay mods)? You might want to try removing them and seeing if you still have the moodlet problem. Then add them back one by one until you find the culprit. If you have a lot of mods try the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your mods too.

The actual website you linked says "Townies should not get embarrassed" so i think those were the ones causing the problems.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    @LyricSimsz15 oh, weird. I didn't know CC could do that! I'm so glad that was the problem! I didn't read her notes, I just knew she had recently updated them. :)'
  • Options
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

You might want to try the 50/50 method to determine what cc/mods are causing your problem. Remove half of your cc/mods to your desk top then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your mods. If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your mods too.

I have fixed my game, did the 50.50 method and found out apparently somehow a file from Sims 4 Studio was in my mods folder. Remove that and now everything works again. Unfortunately now all my sims are nude and missing their makeup etc. :/ so I just have to make them over again.
  • Options
    VillaMyNillaVillaMyNilla Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I am hoping someone will be able to help me in regards to my custom content. I updated my game to cats and dogs. When I play the game, all of my CC work as far as beds, furniture, etc. The only thing that does not seem to work is the clothing in CAS. I've tried everything. I tried removing the mod folder and regenerating a new one and placing the CC in there and that doesn't work. I've also tried using sims studio and that does not work either. Is this problem happening with anyone else and if so is there a way to fix it? I would prefer not to try and go back and redownload all of them considering I have over 4000 custom content. :(
  • Options
    liilastaliilasta Posts: 32 Member
    So I'm a new member and can't create a thread, and some people were talking about it here so I'm going to post this here. My eyelashes (Kijiko) are broken. Not from the update, I don't think, it was working earlier today. They aren't 3D anymore, apparently. I was in CAS, testing it with both the skin detail and glasses versions. I tried taking my skin overlay off, didn't help. I also tried changing the eyes, taking off makeup, changing the skintone to the default Maxis one.. Nothing worked. Is this happening to anybody else?
    TS4-x64-2018-12-16-11-43-58.png

• Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @sparklewarrior, afaik, the last update was in November. is that what you have? i hope you can sort it out.
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Is anyone else having an issue with MCC mod where sims freeze?
    After a bit my sims will just stand there (and make subtle movements) when I try and interact with sims/pets. If I reset the sim and try the interaction again they freeze again. I started a new game thinking it was corrupt game but I still get the issue.
    I took out all my CC/Mods (little bits at a time) and found that when I remove MCC I dont get the issue...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top