Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best expansion pack?

CreativeSimmerCreativeSimmer Posts: 156 Member
sorry if i missed one XD
Youtube-Creative Simmer

Best expansion pack? 89 votes

Get to work
19%
Rukola_SchaafTiipiidrake_mccartyg01denswanCinebareizelbyCheekybitsSigzy05ScobrecomicsforlifeGodleyjeansGeckogamesAtreya33SimDestroyerCreativeSimmernickymarie79kyle_damron1 17 votes
Get together
35%
CK213Idontrcallaelias24missmani09GruffmanRukola_Schaafcriscris7NinoosimtaydevDazedxKittyTerraLadyKynChadSims2Karababy52sillyangel0906SimsLovinLycanEnkiSchmidtMelpomenaSaga-MinxNikNak 32 votes
City living
20%
CynnaBagoas77alanmichael112JEREMIAFabulus101EA_Spectrenayruslove7Pamtastic72wbombjepalaiSOLprincess_kaguyaKatie123Elrich91Demonfr34kEll_GeorgianamilktreatSpaceManBobBKCelticsAndSims 18 votes
Cats and dogs
24%
Bluefairy286MartinvStellaInterpolVibseWritin_Regsimgirl1010Jennyggthe_greenplumbobjimjam1009Agustín Cornejogabriella92italyDestin2016cupiditassamemieabelhinha35Nikkei_Simmerpoltergeistbirdonawirekaiwrysimscosmiccc 22 votes

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Get together
    Nah, that's all of them. Everything else is just Game packs.

Was between Get to Together or Get to Work for me.

Club system was really good to me and it carries over from pack to pack with more things to add. Enjoyed the clothing, the look of Windenburgh and there's a LOT of lots for this world which I like. We need more bigger worlds. With Get to Work I like the retail aspect of making a store and being able to 'shop'. Though not enough lots in MP, wish they added at least two or three more in that. Like the fact you can see Sims actually being in a hospital or your pregnant Sim being able to deliver there.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm not seeing any actual expansions under the poll options.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Get to work

I'm not seeing any actual expansions under the poll options.

there are all expansion packs according to ea
    Youtube-Creative Simmer
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Cats and dogs
    Ughhhh I had a hard time choosing between Cats and Dogs and Get Together... Even though I loved everything Get Together brought (Club System, New Venues, Clothing and Windenburg) I feel like I'm going to get ever so slightly more use out of Cats and Dogs in the future seeing as I'm a family player
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Get together
    Get Together has clubs and Windenburg so definitely a win from me, but I also love City Living. Really enjoy San Myshuno and apartment living.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get together
    Ignoring Cats and Dogs since I have not purchased it... Get Together easily it is the only expansion that truly adds to the game with its club feature retail is to basic as is the repetitive active careers offered in both City Living and Get to Work are beyond boring.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Get to work
    Get To Work has enough stuff inside of it to be an Expansion IMO, but aside from that the content inside is very linear. The remaining EP’s did not include enough to be an EP. Now that is my opinion, but it’s no secret that none of them featured as much stuff as GTW.

City Living is the worst imo. It adds more in the form of unusable decoration that it does new features, or even new content. I don’t consider it an expansion personally, it’s more of a decoration pack.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    it feels like a topic like this gets made every other day :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Get to work
    Get to Work because of all the expansion packs made, this one felt the most complete. I'm not too much of a fan of the hidden lots in it, so neighborhood wise Get Together and Cats and Dogs offer better hoods. But as far as offering nice build mode, nice makeup, nice sandbox business tool which made other packs like Dine Out possible, nice tattoos, ethnic hair for the first time, and most of all being the only EP to offer a life state with aliens, it is by far my favorite regardless of what others think about it. Like I wouldn't have been able to make my torture chamber basement without it. Plus that freeze ray gun is super fun to use on Summer Holiday. Winter is coming for you Summer.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Get together
    The only one I haven't purchased was Get to Work and I don't plan on doing so. City Living was pretty bad imo. And then it was a tie between Get Together and Cats & Dogs. And for me, Get Together is the winner. I love Windenburg so freaking much! The club system is so funny to play with. One time I made this club where this old grandma Sim was the leader. And one of the positive things to do was woohoo-ing in the closet (idk why I thought it would be funny). She then passed away, because she couldn't handle the energy of all that woohoo-ing! Things like that are really fun. And I use the objects of Get Together every time when I'm building. But don't get me wrong, I like Cats & Dogs too, but that is an EP that we can compare to previous iterations. And TS4 Cats & Dogs, doesn't turn out too good compared to those.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited December 2017
    Get together
    For me, Get Together is the only one that actually feels like an expansion pack. The club system was a really cool idea (although I don't think it reaches its potential) and Windenburg was really pretty and huge. It feels exactly how a city should feel, which is why I don't understand why they made City Living (Plus SM is terrible IMO). I was very surprised when CL was revealed, I was like "but wasn't GT the city themed nightlife pack?".
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    City living
    City Living has become really good after the last patch (at least for me). I can't imagine TS4 without the Spice Festival and Karaoke and I also like the semi-active careers - wish they had put similar careers into Cats & Dogs.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    City living
    I love that city from City Living, but hip hop was not here.
  • Options
    milktreatmilktreat Posts: 11 New Member
    City living
    For me, I think City Living is the best!
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited December 2017
    My vote would go to Get to Work, because as sad as it is, I believe the Scientist career alone offers more meaningful gameplay than any other expansion pack. I can't vote for it in good conscience since the pack is busted and there's just something "wrong" to me about voting for a pack that missed the mark 66% of the time. (or 75% if you include retail) I would basically be awarding this pack for scoring an F- while the others scored an F----, and no, none are worth praise.

Next up would probably be Get Together simply because the club concept is clever, plus Windenburg is the best world in the game thusfar by a clear mile. The problem to me is that clubs should not have been a main attraction selling point of the pack since much of what clubs add is passive. I appreciate clubs not because I continuously send my Sims on club outings, but because if I assign a club HQ to a lot, then I know if I visit that lot I'll actually see Sims doing whatever activity I assigned. In that sense it's a workaround for players that lets us customize the atmosphere of a location, and while that's neat and something I'd like to see return again, it's also not gameplay I can actively participate in; it means nothing if I don't want to send my Sim to various locations anyways because there's simply nothing to do.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Cats and dogs
    I like cats... :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Get together
    Get Together just makes me feel like I have more say in my game.
    I set up social dynamics and activities. I can decided where my sims will hangout in the world.
    And it's nice that EA adds in activities from other packs.

Oh, and Windenburg. I really love it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    Get together
    Get Together. The club system is the best thing added to TS4. I don't really like the EP's this iteration, they're lacking in depth compared to the others. GT is the ONLY pack I would actually recommend, and even then I would say to get it on sale.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    LOL isn't it funny how many people picked Get together? I remember how angry people were when get together was announced. I was one of them but it was probably the best addition to the game. I love the club system. I have so many clubs.... I can't wait until they add more

What does that say about the other expansions that have been added? I am not going to vote because I feel like the expansion packs in this game have been a disgrace and I stopped paying full price. I find it sad that I look forward to game packs more than expansions.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    Cats and dogs
    keekee53 wrote: »
    LOL isn't it funny how many people picked Get together? I remember how angry people were when get together was announced. I was one of them but it was probably the best addition to the game. I love the club system. I have so many clubs.... I can't wait until they add more

What does that say about the other expansions that have been added? I am not going to vote because I feel like the expansion packs in this game have been a disgrace and I stopped paying full price. I find it sad that I look forward to game packs more than expansions.

I didn't as I am not a fan of the club system in Sims 4. I didn't care for most of the clubs (Hobby Clubs) from Sims 2 or Sims 3, or group outings either in either of those games - and to me the Sims 4 clubs are just a combination of those clubs and group outings but with out the timer ticking down. The best clubs I still believe was in Sims 2 because they had secret lots and allowed members to compete for prizes, badges, and ranks and cool gifts you couldn't get otherwise - like the Wishing well in the gardening club). They had a purpose and buildings you didn't other wise know they were there. i liked the baking competition and the Garden club okay enough in Sims 2, and even the Uni Secret Society club - as they all were structured. Sims 4 is just a group outing with rules if you ask me (rules you can change as you see fit - no structure to them) - and because of it being the main focus of GT - it is my least favorite although the town there is my favorite - so far. LOL. So I have mixed feelings on that pack - but never use the clubs at all - after I tried them a few times.

I even find club members annoying - constantly asking my sims to join them. Sims 2 clubs - they invited you once in the beginning and after that you had to qualify and meet certain criteria and call them to join. No one bugged you 24 - 7.

If it was not for the dancing and the town itself - GT would be a pack I would probably not ever play - myself. I guess I was too spoiled by the Sims 2 version as it had so much more reality and depth - to me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Get together
    Get Together, which surprised me because it was the expansion pack I was least excited about and only got because it was on sale. It's the only one that truly feels like it changes a lot of the gameplay with the club systems... which maybe sounds weird, because it's not something you have to use at all, but it's the one I get the most use out of.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    imaginarycowplantimaginarycowplant Posts: 220 Member
    Cats and dogs
    I thought everyone was raving about cats and dogs
  • Options
    Get to work
    I thought everyone was raving about cats and dogs

same i thought it was going to win by a long way
    Youtube-Creative Simmer
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Get together
    Windenburg is still my favorite world and the club system is a really nice addition to the game.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Get to work
    For me it's get to work and get together.
    I love the aliens and the science job in GTW. But my favourite world is definitely Winderburg