Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    So, here's an interesting update...Five generations in and....the house burns down!!!!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Still recreating my houses they didn't install yet. The best thing is I never really do the same.

Cool. Hope you are enjoying building them. :)
    theFella wrote: »
    just used the tombstone of L & D to bring Bella to Pleasantview.

I'm writing up a helpful info post on neighborhood corruption that you might find useful. :)

Nice. That will come in handy around here! :D
    So, here's an interesting update...Five generations in and....the house burns down!!!!

Ooooh ouch.. anyone survive?

• Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I just started playing Sims 2, I was a Sims 4 player first, eventually, I started collecting Sims 3 packs and playing it, then a couple months ago I got Sims 2 UC. At first, I watched a few Let's Plays on YouTube, lurked in the forums and read some info I googled. I found and downloaded a few mods, that were recommended as bug fixes, to prevent game corruption and, well, fix bugs.

So, I started a test game, and since I am a creature of habit, I always start a new sims version the same way, I create a redheaded gay male sim to play. Inevitably, through sims magic, he always meets and marries a dark haired and skinned male sim, thanks to the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker. In this case, David, my redheaded sim, met Jason Menon, apparently of Indian decent, based on his surname. In sims 4, it was a hispanic man. Sims 3, the guy had dark hair and eyes, but a non-ethnic name.

While playing them, I was looking for MM content to improve the look of my game, without losing the overall look or style. I specifically wanted skins that had freckled versions (I settled on Lilith's Feathers, eventually). Anyway, while I was looking, I had created a couple of random sims with red hair to test them and started playing them too.

When I wanted a baby for my couple, I had the female test sim, she had the romance trait, woohoo townies till she got pregnant. When she had the baby, I let Social Services take it away, so when my couple adopted, they got her baby. But I was also playing another male test sim too.

I really wanted to start over, because I wanted to have my new defaults, eyes, skins, templates, in a game from the start, but I was loathe to leave my 3 households too. Finally, I did save the old Plesantview with the original cc on an external drive, and have started over with the new defaults, in Plesantview again. With a new David, this one with red hair and freckles all over, thanks to the new skins.

This time, David tried the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker again, but the sim was not quite right for David, this match was very Caucasian, he had a buzz cut, was very pale, with very masculine square features, also he was wearing sandals with socks and a Danny pack, yuck. Although, he was kind of cute in a military, g-man way, and since gay couples in my games always adopt so, I didn't have to worry about genetics, David got a random sim call him asking him to go downtown. I went. This sim was named, Zeeshawn, and he was obviously African-American. I went for him, when he moved in, he was a high level scientist already with the knowledge aspiration. All in all, pretty good husband material!

My sim couple, now engaged, are ready to move into a bigger house and start a family. That's where I quit the game last night, actually early this morning, as they are both off the next couple days, I am planning a wedding and a move to a bigger house when I play later today.

Anyway, I never remember to take screenshots, so have no photos to share, yet, but I do plan on being more diligent and will "try" to get some photos in game soon. Sorry for this long info dump, share, but no one I know in RL plays sims, and I really wanted to brag on my sims 2 experience. I am really surprised at how well this game holds up, being that it's so dated. I really understand why there are people (like me now too) who still enjoy playing it even with the newer versions that are out now. It's really sucked me in!
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Still recreating my houses they didn't install yet. The best thing is I never really do the same.

just used the tombstone of L & D to bring Bella to Pleasantview.

I'm writing up a helpful info post on neighborhood corruption that you might find useful. :)

Nice. That will come in handy around here! :D

Ooooh ouch.. anyone survive?

Sadly, there were no survivors. This was my best attempt at a legacy family in a LOOONNNG time! I will prevail!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess that will definitely be useful!

@sunblond That sounds so much fun. I agree about the sims 2. It's still my favourite sims game of all time.
    @pisceschick75 ouch that has to hurt! Losing the whole family!

Not much has been happening in my game, I'm only on generation 2 of my legacy thanks to having to reinstall when the new update happened. I also lost my apocalypse challenge save so currently my founder is still at uni.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited December 2017
    I’m not much of a storyteller but something that has happened to one of my families is a bit interesting. Note that I have six founding families. The second generation is in college. I do no money cheats.

Susie and Charlie Tucker started out young and in Love. They moved into a trailer park as they started their life together. It was cheaper to pay rent while they got started.

Charlie must have come from a rough background. He got a job in the slacker career but quickly moved on to being a criminal. Susie was too busy starting their family to wonder where all the money came from.

While raising their daughter Rebecca, Susie discovered her passion for cooking! Within a short time, she was making elaborate dishes for her family. Charlie seemed to have an uncanny knack for finding himself on the positive side of some crazy situations and was always bringing home gobs of money!

By the time Rebecca was in grade school, they had moved from their humble beginnings to the prestigious Oceanview Drive into a very large home. Their furniture was top quality and the money kept coming.

Susie decided to use her expert cooking skills and setup a little bakery in the back of their home. Every time she opened the door, her delicious sweets sold out. Her charming personality won people over right and left. By the time Rebecca was a Junior in college, Susie’s shop was a level 5, she had chosen cash a day her rewards and Charlie was one step away from hitting the top of the criminal career. Today he was in a crazy situation but ended up getting away scott free with a suitcase full of 50k simolias! As of today, this is by far my richest family with almost $170,000 banked.

Susie continues to wonder what Charlie is doing when he leaves at night dressed in black stripes. Charlie wonders why people are so crazy over some baked deserts. And Rebecca has no idea she will inherit all of this in two short years.
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • Options
    @sunblond Nice! Sounds like you have your game started nicely. Ya the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 can be hit or miss, certainly not perfect, but glad you found a sim that fits your story. I love Lilith's skins, good choice! I agree it stands up to time very well. Keep sharing even if there are no pictures, we would love to hear how everything is going.

@pisceschick75 Ouch! Oh man that stinks after 5 generations. :'( Lol I am sure you will concur a long legacy for sure!

@MidnightAura Oh no's! Sorry you lost everything with that update. So glad I didn't get it...

@Rhiannon58 I love your trailer park story. Rags to riches! Charlie must be a very succesful crook. :D Nice to hear your bakery is going well too. :)

• Options
    classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    edited December 2017
    Today I spent a majority of my time preparing the Veronaville teens for round 3 of Uni. I focused on Romeo, Juliette, and Puck. Romeo only had three days before aging up, so I didn't do much with him besides brainstorming what he plans to do in the future. His lifetime wish is to woohoo with 20 different sims, so he has no career aspirations in site, but I believe he would be a good fit for the Business career due to his undeniable charm and good looks. Juliette has the lifetime wish to reach the top of the law enforcement career and has already almost maxed out the logic skill, it helps that she has a natural enthusiasm for games so she's always up for a game of chess. While with the Capp family, Hermia went on her first date with Scott, a very good friend of hers. It was on this date that she realized how head over heels she is for him and they made their relationship official.

tumblr_p0eoo1JAlC1uptfsqo4_540.jpg

The Summerdream family is just taking off. I got very frustrated with their pre-made house and decided to refurbish the mansion next door and move them in there. Oberon has the lifetime wish to reach the top of the athletic career and Titania wants to reach the top of the culinary career, luckily I was able to get both started in their respective careers on day one. Puck wants to reach the top of the politics career and he has started a teen job in that track. Puck is in a loving relationship with Caroline McGregor and they are excited to be heading off to Uni together soon. Here is the Summerdream family at their new home with their new makeovers.

tumblr_p0eoo1JAlC1uptfsqo3_540.jpg

In other story news, during my previous run through the Uni sims, Amaya woohooed with her current paramour at the 50's diner and was reprimanded by crabby old Mrs. Crumplebottom.
    tumblr_p0eoo1JAlC1uptfsqo1_540.jpg

At a different dorm, the cook managed to set herself on fire! Luckily for her I remembered to reinstall the sprinklers after I remodeled the place.
    tumblr_p0eoo1JAlC1uptfsqo2_540.jpg
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    As promised, however, my snapshot settings must be way too low, but my couple tied the knot and now I think they should move into a bigger house and adopt, finally. Zeeshawn, has reached "Mad Scientist" the top level in his scientist career and fulfilled his lifetime want already, so they are more than able to provide for a child now. Davis is not doing badly in the work area either, as he is a GP in the medical profession.

259l3xu.jpg
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @JULES1111 wrote:
    Simsophonique wrote: »

@JULES1111 Indeed ! I had published my latest creations on "simblr" but when I got time I'll published them here as well. I know it's not gameplay but I didn't play it I really need these houses before.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    edited December 2017
    Yesterday was pretty hectic! One baby is easy, but 2 can be quite chaotic, especially if the mom is pregnant again. The dad had to take 2 days straight off work. I was trying to have multiple generations in one house, but Grandma died soon after the twins were born. Grandpa was a huge help, but still the three adults were run ragged taking care of the two toddlers. He would die not long after the youngest child was born last night. What can I say, I love Sims 2 babies!
    mEpKewQ.jpg

By the way, this (the adult here) is the middle child I mentioned a while back. She's my "favorite". Her name is Lilly, she's a half-alien, and this is her youngest little bundle of joy, Sabrina. Sabrina has her dad's blue eyes. In the middle of all this, Lilly somehow found the time to get herself promoted to Desk Sergeant.
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I picked up with my legacy challenge that I started a few years ago, and I have been having so.much.fun! My generation 3 heir married Remington Harris, and since they are both family Sims, I decided they could have a lot of children. They had 5, one more spot free in the household, and I decided they could have one more since they were both close to being elders. I had forgotten that I had a hack to let you have more than 8 Sims in a house, so you can imagine how shocked I was when the popup told me I had twins on the way! We now have a full house +1: Two adults, two teenagers, two children, a toddler, and two infants. Things will be crazy for awhile, but I really like the chaos.

Although, I will say that the next generation will probably only have one child :P
  • Options
    @classicXcrime Nice update! Sounds like Uni is going well for your sims. I love Mrs. Crumplebottom. Such a feisty old woman! :joy: Am I wrong for finding it amusing every time a dorm cook sets themselves on fire? :D

@sunblond Nice! Ya you can change the picture quality in the game options. :) Glad to hear that your couple is off to such a good start. Can't wait to hear of their family life!

@Simsophonique Glad to hear you are enjoying it! Yes when you get a chance post some pictures of your homes. It is gameplay! Building is just as much gameplay as playing through, it all ties together. :)

@WarGreymon77 Awe cute pic! I agree, I love Sims 2 babies, especially alien ones. They are so adorable! <3

@Sasquatch7 That is definitely a full family! :D I also have a hack for that, I hate being limited to 8, I love full households. Sounds like your sims will have their hands full for a while. Lol if you only have one next generation you will miss some of the chaos :D

• Options
    theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    I have finally created Veronaville V.3. I am going to put all the bin families in houses and make some of my own sims to populate the town then I will get started on my little story thingy.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    I have finally created Veronaville V.3. I am going to put all the bin families in houses and make some of my own sims to populate the town then I will get started on my little story thingy.

Good luck with Veronaville V.3. !! Hopefully all goes well. :)
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited December 2017
    JULES1111 wrote:
    @Simsophonique Glad to hear you are enjoying it! Yes when you get a chance post some pictures of your homes. It is gameplay! Building is just as much gameplay as playing through, it all ties together. :)

@JULES1111 Indeed myself I can't play without my houses that's disturbing me .
    Sure I can , I have just to publish them in flickr or imgur before I don't think we are allowed to direct link from simblr.

@theFella : I wished to got the chance to recreate a town but I did it in sims 3 and it's a long process.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member

@Rhiannon58 I love your trailer park story. Rags to riches! Charlie must be a very succesful crook. :D Nice to hear your bakery is going well too. :)

That guy has some stupid crazy luck. To raise his creativity, He's been writing novels in his spare time. They are titled "My Life of Crime V1, V2, V3, V4". V4 was a hit and made nearly $4k.

The only unlucky thing he has had is that for some reason, he didn't get his promotion to top criminal career when I thought he would. Then he had three days off. He will turn senior before that time passes. But he can take his old gray self to work one more day and get to the top of his career. More money for retirement and his daughter! She's not a beautiful girl, kinda homely to be honest. But I bet ALL of the guys will want her as a mate. She's by far the richest Sim in the city! Oh the possibilities!
  • Options
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »

That guy has some stupid crazy luck. To raise his creativity, He's been writing novels in his spare time. They are titled "My Life of Crime V1, V2, V3, V4". V4 was a hit and made nearly $4k.

The only unlucky thing he has had is that for some reason, he didn't get his promotion to top criminal career when I thought he would. Then he had three days off. He will turn senior before that time passes. But he can take his old gray self to work one more day and get to the top of his career. More money for retirement and his daughter! She's not a beautiful girl, kinda homely to be honest. But I bet ALL of the guys will want her as a mate. She's by far the richest Sim in the city! Oh the possibilities!

Lol with creative names like that how could his book not be a best seller! :D Well at least he is close enough to getting his promotion, another day won't kill him. LOL about the daughter. :joy: Poor simmie, but like you said, she will be rich....
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's been a long time since any of my Sims ran a restaurant in TS2. Maggie has aged up into adult and time to make her start working in the diner. I will have to cheat to get her the money to buy it so she can wait tables and cook sometimes. Sam never did paint that master piece yet, so he didn't have enough money to buy it for her..he is too busy drinking. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I had a little bit of time to play yesterday before work and finally finished preparing round 3 of the Veronaville kids for Uni! While playing the Summerdream home, Titania and Oberon welcomed a new child into the family. They had another girl, named Narissa. On the day Narissa was born, Oberon lost his job in the athletic career due to a poorly chosen response to a chance card. As soon as he got home, I sent him to make some lunch and he lit the stove on fire! Fortunately for Oberon, he found a post for a new job in the same career track on the computer the very next day. Bottom aged up into a teen and has proven to be quite beautiful, she is a family sim like her mother.
    tumblr_p0kai6d2Oh1uptfsqo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_p0kai6d2Oh1uptfsqo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_p0kai6d2Oh1uptfsqo3_540.jpg

Round three of Uni has begun, but I haven't had a chance to go into each dorm and have everyone age up. There are officially four dorms being used. Madison, Keith, Amaya, and Lilly are in the first dorm and are all in the beginning of their junior year. Alon, Jimmy, Mercutio, Tybalt, and Maddie Chen are in the dorm next to that and they are all in the beginning of their sophomore year. Also in their sophomore year are Tyler, Madison, and Stella Terrano. The new editions are Caroline, Orion, and Juliette in the same dorm as Tyler, Madison, and Stella and Romeo, Puck, Amy, Arianna, and a townie named Kendra are in a new dorm. It's certainly a lot of kids and I have one more round to enter Uni after this. I'll get pictures of each group up sometime tonight :)
  • Options
    Alright, here are official pictures of all of the current sims in Uni! The Sims who are part of the original four in my play through (Gabrielle Bradshaw, Caleb and Connor McGregor, and Leslie Vu) will be in bold.
    tumblr_p0kj3c5wYC1uptfsqo1_540.jpg
    (From left to right: Amaya, Lilly, Natalie, and Keith)

tumblr_p0kj3c5wYC1uptfsqo2_540.jpg
    (Left to right: Madison, Tyler, Stella, Orion, Juliette, and Caroline)

tumblr_p0kj3c5wYC1uptfsqo3_540.jpg
    (Left to right: Amy, Arianna, Puck, Kendra, and Romeo)

tumblr_p0kj3c5wYC1uptfsqo4_540.jpg
    (Left to right: Tybalt, Alon, Maddie, Jimmy, and Mercutio)

Just as a reference, here are pictures of the original four when they were in college.
    tumblr_p0kjedrqzW1uptfsqo1_540.jpg
    (Left: Connor McGregor, father of Amy and Arianna -- Right: Caleb McGregor, father of Caroline and Orion)

tumblr_p0kjedrqzW1uptfsqo2_540.jpg
    (Gabrielle Bradshaw, mother of Natalie, Madison, and Tyler)

tumblr_p0kjedrqzW1uptfsqo3_540.jpg
    (Leslie Vu, mother of Cameron, who has not entered Uni yet, he is part of the fourth and final wave)

It's crazy to think that I've been playing these families for so long and I'm just now getting generation 2 through Uni haha. I hope to keep this town going for even longer and see where my founding families end up :).
  • Options
    @Cinebar Lol tell Sam to lay off the juice!

@classicXcrime My gosh that is a lot of dormies... :o You are never leaving uni!! :D My goodness that is a months worth of play all in itself! I know it seems like forever ago these kids were born! :D They are now in uni...you have a very long game ahead of you, that is awesome!
  • Options
    TiomeTiome Posts: 3 New Member
    > @JULES1111 said:
    > Tiome wrote: »
    >
    > what happened to me most recently is i tried to change a sims aspiration and now he has no aspiration which is causing calculate attraction errors repeatedly and i have no idea how to fix it or how to create a discussion asking for help.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How did you try to change their aspiration? Without a mod the only way to change it after choosing one is after a few years at uni. I have no idea what you did, so I couldn't even begin to figure out how to fix it, if possible.

well as mentioned by you, at a certain point in uni a sim can change their aspiration, and i figured it out when it happened to his brother and his brothers girlfriend who he was living with, since he although the same age was a little behind in terms of when his exams start, and then it glitched enough that i had to "delete" him, which set it beck at least a day, i moved him into a dorm temporarily and eaited for him to reach the next semester which fixed it.
  • Options
    TiomeTiome Posts: 3 New Member
    today i was gonna play using the preset chef in whatsitcalled the town that comes with freetime, and that guy with the little dog, in a house where i put two friends, a alien guy and his childhood friend or something like that, but twice it crashed when i tried to enter the household.
    then, without opening the game a third time to see if it was just that household, which i havent properly played yet, i decided it was a good opourtunity to restart my computer. this restart led to an accompanying update, which annoyed me because i swear it took at least a couple of hours, but because of that update, i can no longer open my sims! it says the programe isnt compatible with the operating system. i guess i can never play sims again until my dream of getting an old computer box oneday especially for my sims is fufilled.
  • Options
    @JULES1111 Thankfully I have off from work tomorrow and I'm hoping to get through a significant chunk of Uni time. I'm glad that I staggered it out the way I did so that even though I'll have sims in Uni for a long time, I'll also have families to play in the neighborhood as well. Right now the rotation for Uni is a semester per household and since I still have Hermia and Cameron to integrate in, I'll have to play the Capp and Vu households before I move on to the next year at Uni, so I'm not completely stuck there just yet haha. And once Cameron is in, Natalie will be a year away from being out in the neighborhood again. We'll see if I end up playing the townies that I've integrated into the story. It may be a bit too much for me to keep up with :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top