Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    My simself in New Edenia finally earned the journalism career reward, which boosts motives, so it's time to do a business speedrun to fleece townies out of their money. I need like 200,000 simoleons though....

Nice! Lol poor townies won't know what hit them. That is a lot of simoleons..

It was, in fact, successful. (Turns out I only needed like $150,000...)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    edited January 2018
    just played all the Pleasantview families. my Pleasantview in a nutshell:
    Goths: I did the bog-standard Don leaves Cassandra at the altar, but I decided to invite Mary Sue Pleasant and Darren Dreamer to the wedding too. Darren and Cassandra managed to get things started up in the aftermath of Lothario leaving, if you know what I mean.
    Caliente: Nina got engaged to Mortimer, and they were making out on the couch when Nina invited Don Lothario over, not knowing that he was also with Dina. Don saw Dina and Mortimer and got (very hypocritically) mad at Dina, Dina started a fight, Don won, then a burglar showed up while everybody was standing in the living room, police were called, the burglar was arrested, but he did away with the hot tub that I was about to tell Nina to have woohoo with Don in.
    Lothario: one word: WooHoo. lots and lots of woohoo.
    Post edited by theFella on
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    Work has been keeping me away from my game lately, but I had a bit of time to play today and decided it was time to jump in to the pre-made families and get the teens ready to enter Uni. Everyone has gotten a makeover and I've had to slightly restyle all of the houses (I really don't understand some of the design choices for those houses haha). My favorite make-over of the group has to be Hermia Capp. I decided to stick with the Gothic vibe for her. Originally something was missing, but after perusing some CC I finally found the right hairstyle to pull her look together.

tumblr_ozuk2w2BKN1uptfsqo3_540.jpg

I'll have to take a picture of everyone else at some point.

Some other pictures that I've taken along the way. Here is one of Caroline McGregor begging the matchmaker to set her up on a good blind date. She got her wish because the first pick was Puck Summerdream.
    tumblr_ozuk2w2BKN1uptfsqo1_540.jpg

During the same play through, Alegra, Caleb and Emily's kitten that they adopted right before their wedding, passed away :'( . All of the pets that were adopted during the first generation are gone.
    tumblr_ozuk2w2BKN1uptfsqo2_540.jpg

The one family I did work on a little bit was the Capp family. Romeo and Juliette are officially dating, though he doesn't seem to feel too excited about that. While Mercutio and Hermia had been crushes, they are now just friends after Hermia reprimanded him for goosing her in front of the Capp family home. While playing the Summerdream home long enough to give them a good makeover, Mercutio and Tybalt got into two scuffles both ending with Tybalt as the victor. Consort Capp also decided to request the matchmakers services and has been dating one of the town nannies. What's really funny is he had three bolts with Gabrielle Bradshaw, one of my first generation sims. Too bad for him that she's been happily married to Ralph this entire time. In a few days time Mercutio and Tybalt will be joining Madison and Tyler as they enter Uni. God forbid they end up in the same dorm together, those two just can't seem to get along >:) .
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @theFella Lol sounds like you are having fun. I hope you continue to enjoy the game and share your stories. :)

@classicXcrime Ya I hear that, work hogs to much time! :'( Glad you got a chance to play for a while though. More kids off to uni....you are never leaving there...ever... :D Ahh poor kitty. It is sad when everyone you started with is gone. I sense a evil plan in your newest college play through... Bwaahaahaaa >:)
  • Options
    @JULES1111 I honestly don't think I've had any of my sims die since I started playing the UC last year. Sure, Mortimer has died but he wasn't my sim, he was a premade. It'll be really sad when some of the original four start to pass, especially Gabrielle, she's been my favorite. I think for the second generation group Hermia and Orion (my alien sim) are the two favorites right now. Too bad they aren't attracted to each other or I could just play them as a favorite couple :D .
  • Options
    Had some time to play today and I'm still chugging along with the teens from Veronaville. Round two of the Uni sims were sent to Sim State, this includes Madison and Tyler Bradshaw, Mercutio Monty, Tybalt Capp, and Maddie Chen (a townie sim that Tyler Bradshaw had been dating). The group has been split between two dorms. Madison and Tyler are in a dorm with Stella Terrano, the premade alien sim in the Uni family bin, while Mercutio, Tybalt, and Maddie are joining Jimmy Pheonix (another premade from the Uni family bin), and Alon, a romance sim that was living in the same dorm as Natalie from the first group sent to Uni. Here is a picture of Madison, Stella, and Tyler.
    tumblr_p01nonqXRA1uptfsqo1_540.jpg

The rotation schedule for the Uni sims with be a semester long. So far, Natalie is in her second semester of her Sophomore year. During this time, Natalie has been pining for love. She's been enjoying her time at Sim State University, she finally has time to read, play music, and do yoga, but something is still missing, a partner. No one has quite seemed to meet her expectations. Keith, a guy that Natalie dated briefly in high school, is also looking for love and just so happens to live in the same dorm as Natalie. After their brief period of dating, the two didn't believe that they would work out as a couple, but one night Keith bit the bullet and asked Natalie on a date. All of their assumptions were quickly proven wrong and the two are now madly in love with each other. Hopefully they made the right choice.
    tumblr_p01no5llg21uptfsqo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_p01no5llg21uptfsqo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_p01no5llg21uptfsqo3_540.jpg
    tumblr_p01no5llg21uptfsqo4_540.jpg
    tumblr_p01no5llg21uptfsqo5_540.jpg

• Options
    played the Pleasant's for the first time on this new reinstall. did the stock-standard Daniel cheats on Mary-Sue with the maid shtick. Mary Sue beat Kaylynn in a fight and broke up with Daniel. I moved Daniel into a house near the Caliente's and had him move Kaylynn in with him. happy days, even if Kaylynn's memory's do not reflect any of the things that happened at the Pleasant house. (made out, woohoo, lost a fight)
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited November 2017
    have two Sims in University another ready to go, playing about 12 - 14 families at once (rotational play) 10 in one town, 2 in another self created town, and 2 in another town, plus the 2 in University.
    Two families just had toddlers, another is wanting a baby, been slow on that.
    Reverted two back to teenager (from adult) so they can go to University.
    Two families just came back from vacation and one single female who is a nature hobbyist is learning gardening
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I am testing to see if I can have both the Sims2UC and The Sims 2 base game installed at the same time without messing between the two. :)

I noticed how bad I am at all the questions now... I was never good at the Memory game. :lol:

No baby for them XD
    wkS7bkd.jpg

*update~ That was Not a Success. :(

Omg! I remember that! They seriously put so much into this game ❤️
  • Options
    @classicXcrime Nice! I hope it works out between Natalie and Keith. Yup definitely gonna be in uni a while!

@theFella Cool, sounds like you got a start. I hate how they loose their memories. I know I saw a mod that fixes that, so anyone you move in keeps their memories, but I don't remember where..

@faytheful Dang that is a lot of families!

@Olivesplum06 I know right!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sam and Maggie (his teen daughter) live in a little house by the ocean. He is a painter and really hurting for money, since he doesn't have a job. Since he is a DS character and never really had a job but painted, I decided he could open his house to sell some of his paintings. Things were going pretty good, until Queen of Collinsport (Elizabeth Stoddard) left her ivory tower (Collinwood) and showed up to tell him off, complain about his nasty house, (dirty dishes, dirty commode etc.) leaves and weeds all over the property and holes dug by strays. Lol, it was what I would expect from the pillar of Collinsport to complain to a lowly resident of the town. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar LOL nice. Sounds like he lives in quite the pig sty. :D
  • Options

I love the Environment scores in TS2. >:) Maybe I should also change his windows to those the Sims hated, and change is floor to the bamboo wood..they hate that too. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

I love the Environment scores in TS2. >:) Maybe I should also change his windows to those the Sims hated, and change is floor to the bamboo wood..they hate that too. >:)

Lol torturing sims with cruddy surroundings. Maybe you can make it so bad he goes insane. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Yesterday< I finally got around to moving in Mrs. Johnson and her son Harry into a little house (Maxis built, not bad a few changes and it's a great house blue print). I also got around to moving in Chris, Tom and Tom's daughter Amy into another renovated/changed Maxis house.

The Jennings were robbed in about three days, and got their junk Rambler stolen, lol. I didn't expect the burglar to come so early (usally it's 21 days before someone ages to elderly and used to could be timed but this one showed up early in game like 23-25 days before anyone ages to elderly).

At Mrs. Johnson's house she was struck by lighting ROFL, while leaving a community lot I built which has many different type buildings on it and it was a long walk back to the portal so she got zapped since she was walking in a storm back to the highway because an evil witch had shown up and caused a really bad lightning storm. The witch had left but the storm was still going. >:) Good thing there was an old abandoned house on my lot with a really shabby tub left behind (cc) where she could be rescued and nap on the bench at the train station, and then grab a hotdog at that kiosk diner thing on the lot. Since Collinsport suffers with vampires, werewolves and witches it's fitting she would fall under a witch's evil spell. lol
    Post edited by Cinebar on
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I have been updating regularly on my simpage about the happenings with my current family. I am currently playing with a legacy family and am at generation D. Not quite an Alphabet Legacy, as I am not having three children per generation, and I don't think I will be having the necessary twins for generation 8 with cheesecake...not if I can help it anyway. The Thorne Family is interesting to say the least...I only have one male in the bunch excluding married in sims...and that's the founder! The female heirs have all been really MEAN! This newest heir I believe has maybe ONE nice point and her LTW is to be Education Minister. Yikes! Talk about mean teacher.... :p
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    @Cinebar Lol. I have had a burglar break in the first night. :D I always thought it was completely random.. ROTFL poor Mrs. Johnson, that is awesome. I never had a sim struck on a community lot before. Good thing for abandoned houses! :D

@pisceschick75 Cool. That is a good legacy you have going. You should play the way you want and not stick to rules if you don't want too. Challenges can spark interesting ideas for gameplay, even if you don't play the challenge itself. LOL on the mean sim wanting to be Education Minister. :D I don't know, that might sound about right from my experiences. :p
  • Options
    TiomeTiome Posts: 3 New Member
    what happened to me most recently is i tried to change a sims aspiration and now he has no aspiration which is causing calculate attraction errors repeatedly and i have no idea how to fix it or how to create a discussion asking for help.
  • Options
    Tiome wrote: »
    what happened to me most recently is i tried to change a sims aspiration and now he has no aspiration which is causing calculate attraction errors repeatedly and i have no idea how to fix it or how to create a discussion asking for help.

How did you try to change their aspiration? Without a mod the only way to change it after choosing one is after a few years at uni. I have no idea what you did, so I couldn't even begin to figure out how to fix it, if possible.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    You can also use the reward item to change your aspiration. Gotta have your mood in gold to make sure it doesn't go wacky on you.
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    Oh my goodness, my elder sims just don't like to die!!! They are really slowing things down! Kick the bucket already! I have portraits up for you, you old geezers! My goodness...anyway...I am at about 900,000 simoleons, an abundance of fresh veggies and fruit is stocked in the refrigerator and the newest generation is a couple days away from being a child. She's working on her creativity, mechanical and logic skills with the baby toys, so she'll have quite an advantage...like all of her ancestors before her. Did I mention that every generation has gone to private school and had at least $7000 in scholarships for University? Yes every generation has a degree...except for the spouse! A lot of work, but that's why they're extremely wealthy.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    You can also use the reward item to change your aspiration. Gotta have your mood in gold to make sure it doesn't go wacky on you.

This is true. I have never seen it totally erase the aspiration before though. That is the part that doesn't make sense.

Oh my goodness, my elder sims just don't like to die!!! They are really slowing things down! Kick the bucket already! I have portraits up for you, you old geezers! My goodness...anyway...I am at about 900,000 simoleons, an abundance of fresh veggies and fruit is stocked in the refrigerator and the newest generation is a couple days away from being a child. She's working on her creativity, mechanical and logic skills with the baby toys, so she'll have quite an advantage...like all of her ancestors before her. Did I mention that every generation has gone to private school and had at least $7000 in scholarships for University? Yes every generation has a degree...except for the spouse! A lot of work, but that's why they're extremely wealthy.

Lol. Sometimes those elders can hold on for what seems like forever. Never bothered me unless my house was full, now I have a mod to expand that so it doesn't bother me at all. :D
  • Options
    just used the tombstone of L & D to bring Bella to Pleasantview.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited December 2017
    Still recreating my houses they didn't install yet. The best thing is I never really do the same.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    theFella wrote: »
    just used the tombstone of L & D to bring Bella to Pleasantview.

I'm writing up a helpful info post on neighborhood corruption that you might find useful. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top