Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,634 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I went to work today but I was late getting home because one of the church's members accidently took my non-gym backback with them to (other church) not realising it was mine.

Hello
    I am sorry that you were late getting home due to another person accidentally taking your backpack to the other Church, not realising it was yours :( It is good that you are now home, and can enjoy the rest of the day doing what you enjoy doing.
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited October 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    I send a hug to you @Kim5496 <3 Thankyou for your caring and thoughtful words based on your own experience.

Thank you so much, you always so sweet to everyone. <3 I read almost all the posts here and you always kind and even when people are not so nice in their replies to you, I could never be that patient so I'm sending hugs to you! :)
  • Options
    Kim5496 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    I send a hug to you @Kim5496 <3 Thankyou for your caring and thoughtful words based on your own experience.

Thank you so much, you always so sweet to everyone. <3 I read almost all the posts here and you always kind and even when people are not so nice in their replies to you, I could never be that patient so I'm sending hugs to you! :)

Thankyou very much for the hugs <3
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    that was lovely, what you wrote, @Kim5496. :)
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    that was lovely, what you wrote, @Kim5496. :)

@fewlines
    Thank you so much, that's really sweet of you. <3
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Thank you everyone for your support <3 My father in law's biopsy is being done today. Due to his age they did not want to jump into everything straight away. We are praying real hard that the doctors are wrong, but the one that did the inspection of a groin hernia noticed it right away and told him that he can not even concentrate on the hernia until further tests are done on the prostate. So he has had bloods and ct scans done, they all showed a huge mass so now we will wait for the biopsy to confirm cancer or not, but the dr who originally saw him said it is 99 percent chance to be cancer according to the size of it. Will just have to wait and see. I am drowning myself in preparing my house for halloween to put little smiles on the kid's faces to keep myself busy while the weaning process of the antidepressants have started. I have also activated my facebook again, so far its going good and I am sort of coping, just now and then migraines from neck tensions. But all in all, its just a waiting game about everything right now.
  • Options
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for your support <3 My father in law's biopsy is being done today. Due to his age they did not want to jump into everything straight away. We are praying real hard that the doctors are wrong, but the one that did the inspection of a groin hernia noticed it right away and told him that he can not even concentrate on the hernia until further tests are done on the prostate. So he has had bloods and ct scans done, they all showed a huge mass so now we will wait for the biopsy to confirm cancer or not, but the dr who originally saw him said it is 99 percent chance to be cancer according to the size of it. Will just have to wait and see. I am drowning myself in preparing my house for halloween to put little smiles on the kid's faces to keep myself busy while the weaning process of the antidepressants have started. I have also activated my facebook again, so far its going good and I am sort of coping, just now and then migraines from neck tensions. But all in all, its just a waiting game about everything right now.

Hello @mcrudd
    I send hugs to you as you await the result of the biopsy, and as you caringly support and help your father in law after you learn the results. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
    I hope that the process of coming off the antidepressants goes as best as possible. It is good that reactivation of your Facebook account is going good at the moment.
    Thankyou for letting us know how things are going in you and your family’s life <3
  • Options
    @mcrudd: *hugs*
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Kim5496 wrote: »
    samemie wrote: »
    @fewlines @rosemow Thanks guys. The appointment was fine, I managed to get them off my back again (though had another fight with mum about it when I got home...)

As for the card, it just feels weird and pathetic and like it's all for show. I come from a religious family but I myself am not religious so writing something like that would feel incredibly fake. Writing down memories just feels childish and fake too... I hope it doesn't feel like I'm being rude about your suggestions or anything, they're good suggestions, but I want it to feel real and not for show but it is for show. I mean, obviously he's not going to read it so I'm only writing it for anyone else who happens to see it. And it just feels... pathetic. But not writing it would look like I have some sort of a grudge or reason not to. I don't know. I'll probably end up writing some lame quote or something and feel plum for doing it. But thanks for the ideas :)

Hi @samemie
    I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. When my mom died her and I were not on good terms at all. In fact we were not speaking. I felt a lot of pressure to write something on her public memorial page. I just wrote "I love you and I'll miss you always". I'm not at all saying that this is your circumstance I'm just saying I totally understand the pressure to write something that people are going to see. I just stuck with something super simple and what my true feelings were. <3

Hey, just wanted to say thanks, and I'm really sorry about your mum, I can't even imagine. Sorry for not replying earlier, I wasn't really sure what to say, but thanks. <3
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    My dad wasn't thrilled when he learned that Mom's intail appointment (which was suppose to have been last week-but the people at clinic 1 didn't inform mom last week she was at the WRONG place until the time her appointment was so it was moved to Oct 30th at 4:00.) with the same doctor as me-that Mom changed it and now she can't get in until Dec 1st. But the alternative was I would have to have eaten supper at 3:00-3:30pm if she had kept that 4pm appointment.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    My dad wasn't thrilled when he learned that Mom's intail appointment (which was suppose to have been last week-but the people at clinic 1 didn't inform mom last week she was at the WRONG place until the time her appointment was so it was moved to Oct 30th at 4:00.) with the same doctor as me-that Mom changed it and now she can't get in until Dec 1st. But the alternative was I would have to have eaten supper at 3:00-3:30pm if she had kept that 4pm appointment.

Hello @MadameLee I am sorry that your mother is unable to have the appointment until the beginning of December. It is good though that it is at a better time for you, so that it doesn’t clash with the preparation and eating of your supper meal.
  • Options
    DeadishSimmerDeadishSimmer Posts: 44 Member
    > @Simburian said:
    > DeadishSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > Today, an hour ago, my sister came over. I just got a new hamster named mongo on Friday. She wanted to hold him, without my consent, or me being in the room. She dropped my hamster and he is now hiding in my small crowded room. I searched for him for the past hour and didn't find him. I moved every dresser and my bed to find him. He and I were just becoming so close. It really hurts me to know that he is gone. He will most likely starve because he is scared of humans and wont come to them. I tried everything, but cant find him anywhere. If anyone knows any tips, it would be appreciated.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't know if this helps for you it it happens again as my hamsters were a little older and used to their cage but when they got out (clever little devils got out of the hinged top) I put their cage on the floor without the roof on, with tempting food, bedding and little dark room in it so they thought they were safe. I found them curled up asleep the following morning. He might only come out when all is quiet and you are in bed.
    >
    > My first dog was brilliant at seeking them out as well. They liked a corner of my boxroom and always in the same place. Be careful also if sitting down on a sofa as he might have got in there.

Sorry I'm 10 days late with my reply, but thank you for the advice. I asked my cat to sniff him out but he just looked at me like I was a psychopath :) I will definatly use your tips if he gets out again. (Why do hamsters have to be so smart to get out? Makes things 200x worse)
  • Options
    Hello @DeadishSimmer
    I hope that your hamster doesn’t escape or hide himself again . It is very nice that you have him as your pet and animal part of your household family :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    @DeadishSimmer I wouldn't let a cat help me. I don't think he thought you a psychopath, just that you couldn't understand his point of view. My dog was fascinated by them and never would harm them. He guarded them and waited for me to pick them up. A cat would hunt them like a tiger does. Of course we don't get any other nasties in the uk which might also be interested in the food in the cage! You have to use your commonsense. Just keep the lock on the cage door properly closed - which I didn't.

Good luck if you lose them again. "Hugs"
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

Hugs and Prayers. Stay strong
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    i hope everyone has a nice weekend. :)
  • Options
    i hope everyone has a nice weekend. :)

Hello @fewlines Thankyou very much :) I hope that you also have a nice weekend doing things that you enjoy doing.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,650 Member
    hope everybody has a nice weekend as well. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    hi mates. just wanted to write and say that my co-worker's father has passed away. thank you (again) for your thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    hi mates. just wanted to write and say that my co-worker's father has passed away. thank you (again) for your thoughts and prayers.

Hello @fewlines
    I am so sorry to hear of the passing away of your co-worker’s father. It will be a very sad time for them. Thankyou for letting us know.
    I will be thinking of you as you caringly support her through this time <3
  • Options
    thank you so much, @rosemow.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,650 Member

so sorry to hear that. my thoughts and prayers will continue to be with the family along with lots of big hugs.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    Mom had some pineapple juice left over from her baking and I drank some on Wednesday and there was still some left over but when I went to get it today it was gone. Dad thinks Mom must have used it but it can't be since Mom wouldn't drink pineapple juice and she doesn't uses it for anything BUT baking. So it means Dad must have drank it but Dad says I'm calling him a liar..and he YELLED at me to get the f- upstairs and not speak to him. It doesn't help that EVERYONE uses the stupid Gatorade bottles for stuff (me for my drinks, Dad for his Cider, Mom for pickle juice or pineapple juice). There are 3 empty Gatorade bottles in the sink-one that came from my two drinks yesterday..and I have no idea what was in the other 2-I just know it couldn't be apple Cider since THAT's still in the fridge. Since there is no Gatorade bottle in the basement fridge..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Mom had some pineapple juice left over from her baking and I drank some on Wednesday and there was still some left over but when I went to get it today it was gone. Dad thinks Mom must have used it but it can't be since Mom wouldn't drink pineapple juice and she doesn't uses it for anything BUT baking. So it means Dad must have drank it but Dad says I'm calling him a liar..and he YELLED at me to get the f- upstairs and not speak to him. It doesn't help that EVERYONE uses the plum Gatorade bottles for stuff (me for my drinks, Dad for his Cider, Mom for pickle juice or pineapple juice). There are 3 empty Gatorade bottles in the sink-one that came from my two drinks yesterday..and I have no idea what was in the other 2-I just know it couldn't be apple Cider since THAT's still in the fridge. Since there is no Gatorade bottle in the basement fridge..

Hello
    The pinapple juice must have been drunk or used without your Dad or your Mother realising that it was the pineapple juice. It may have been because it was in the empty Gatorade bottle.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top