Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited October 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Mom had some pineapple juice left over from her baking and I drank some on Wednesday and there was still some left over but when I went to get it today it was gone. Dad thinks Mom must have used it but it can't be since Mom wouldn't drink pineapple juice and she doesn't uses it for anything BUT baking. So it means Dad must have drank it but Dad says I'm calling him a liar..and he YELLED at me to get the f- upstairs and not speak to him. It doesn't help that EVERYONE uses the plum Gatorade bottles for stuff (me for my drinks, Dad for his Cider, Mom for pickle juice or pineapple juice). There are 3 empty Gatorade bottles in the sink-one that came from my two drinks yesterday..and I have no idea what was in the other 2-I just know it couldn't be apple Cider since THAT's still in the fridge. Since there is no Gatorade bottle in the basement fridge..

Hello
    The pinapple juice must have been drunk or used without your Dad or your Mother realising that it was the pineapple juice. It may have been because it was in the empty Gatorade bottle.

Mom knew it was pineapple juice in the Gatorade bottle since she was the one who put it *in* the Gatorade bottle after she baked something with pineapple juice. Dad said I was calling him a liar. But if I didn't drink it, and I don't think Mom drank it (f she drank pineapple juice she wouldn't have asked me to drink it in the first place)-and I don't think the dogs drank it.. That only left Dad and like I said he said I was calling him a liar. But there were 3 empty Gatorade bottles in the sink when I went downstairs to make lunch-one was from my two big drinks from yesterday and I don't know where the 2 other came from I just know neither of them can be apple Cider of Dad's because THAT's was still in the fridge or the pickle juice. Dad claims Mom must have used it for something but she only uses pineapple juice for baking..

It just I'm upset that Dad YELLED at me "ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?? GET UPSTAIRS OR GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    This topic is great, sometimes it is easier to share with people you don't know that well.. I hope my story isn't too inappropriate for this forum.
    I have had bone cancer several times, and i've been battling this disease for almost 10 years now. It has cost me my left arm already, and two years ago they found a metastasis in my left lung. They surgically removed the tumor and ever since my check ups are really intense and frequent. Every 3 months i have to go to the oncologist for a scan or X-ray of the lungs..and coming Tuesday i have to go again. I'm so nervous and uneasy these days, I'm hoping for good news, because I enjoy life so much and my husband and son mean the world to me.
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    thank you, @luvdasims55!
  • Options
    hi @liel88, your post is in no way inappropriate. thank you so much for sharing.
    i can't begin to imagine what you have been (and are going) through. i'm glad you have your husband and son in your life. i guess i just want to say good luck on tuesday, and do keep us posted if you like.
  • Options
    Thank you! I will do that.
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    liel88 wrote: »
    This topic is great, sometimes it is easier to share with people you don't know that well.. I hope my story isn't too inappropriate for this forum.
    I have had bone cancer several times, and i've been battling this disease for almost 10 years now. It has cost me my left arm already, and two years ago they found a metastasis in my left lung. They surgically removed the tumor and ever since my check ups are really intense and frequent. Every 3 months i have to go to the oncologist for a scan or X-ray of the lungs..and coming Tuesday i have to go again. I'm so nervous and uneasy these days, I'm hoping for good news, because I enjoy life so much and my husband and son mean the world to me.

Hello @liel88
    I send big hugs to you <3 I am so sorry that you have been fighting cancer. It would be so very tiring and wearying on your body and mentally. The check up examinations would be quite hard on you. I will be especially thinking of you this Tuesday as you see your oncologist and have the scan or X-ray. I hope that the news is good. You are a very loving and special wife and mother to your family. You would be very precious to them, as they are to you.
    You are very welcome to post here whenever you would like to. We care very much about what you are going through in your life.
    I send another hug to you <3
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Mom had some pineapple juice left over from her baking and I drank some on Wednesday and there was still some left over but when I went to get it today it was gone. Dad thinks Mom must have used it but it can't be since Mom wouldn't drink pineapple juice and she doesn't uses it for anything BUT baking. So it means Dad must have drank it but Dad says I'm calling him a liar..and he YELLED at me to get the f- upstairs and not speak to him. It doesn't help that EVERYONE uses the plum Gatorade bottles for stuff (me for my drinks, Dad for his Cider, Mom for pickle juice or pineapple juice). There are 3 empty Gatorade bottles in the sink-one that came from my two drinks yesterday..and I have no idea what was in the other 2-I just know it couldn't be apple Cider since THAT's still in the fridge. Since there is no Gatorade bottle in the basement fridge..

Hello
    The pinapple juice must have been drunk or used without your Dad or your Mother realising that it was the pineapple juice. It may have been because it was in the empty Gatorade bottle.

Mom knew it was pineapple juice in the Gatorade bottle since she was the one who put it *in* the Gatorade bottle after she baked something with pineapple juice. Dad said I was calling him a liar. But if I didn't drink it, and I don't think Mom drank it (f she drank pineapple juice she wouldn't have asked me to drink it in the first place)-and I don't think the dogs drank it.. That only left Dad and like I said he said I was calling him a liar. But there were 3 empty Gatorade bottles in the sink when I went downstairs to make lunch-one was from my two big drinks from yesterday and I don't know where the 2 other came from I just know neither of them can be apple Cider of Dad's because THAT's was still in the fridge or the pickle juice. Dad claims Mom must have used it for something but she only uses pineapple juice for baking..

It just I'm upset that Dad YELLED at me "ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?? GET UPSTAIRS OR GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!"

I don't mean to be rude but I'm not exactly seeing the problem... if it's the juice, then surely you can drink something else or ask someone to buy more juice?

As for your dad yelling, I have no idea if he was lying or telling the truth but it is possible that he is telling the truth, in which case it would make sense for him to be upset over being accused of lying. Not that it's an excuse for him yelling but still.

I'm so sorry, that sounds awful :( Thinking of you, *big hugs* I'm sorry that there's not much I can say or do to help, I wish there was, but just know you're not alone in it, wishing you every strength to keep pushing on <3
  • Options
    OneOriginGamerOneOriginGamer Posts: 16 New Member
    i have ADHD, Autism but also had depression for a short while as several people and friends(who i thought were my friends and never there for me when i need them), abandoned me and cut me out of my life, but i'm starting fresh, not letting people put me down, as i have my family(mum, dad, uncle, auntie, cousins, etc.) who care and always there for me :)
    I hope it doesn't offend anyone that i have ADHD and Autism, but i'm very friendly, kind and looking for friends to talk to to :)
  • Options
    i have ADHD, Autism but also had depression for a short while as several people and friends(who i thought were my friends and never there for me when i need them), abandoned me and cut me out of my life, but i'm starting fresh, not letting people put me down, as i have my family(mum, dad, uncle, auntie, cousins, etc.) who care and always there for me :)
    I hope it doesn't offend anyone that i have ADHD and Autism, but i'm very friendly, kind and looking for friends to talk to to :)

Like Rose said it certainly won't offend anyone that you have ADHD and autism! Sorry you're dealing with depression atm, it sucks I know and I hope things look up for you soon. A little advice on the friends thing too (just that I've been through that whole thing, with leaving friendship groups and being alone and having to start again multiple times), but you'll find new friends and they'll be better than the old ones for sure. Don't be scared if you feel kind of alone in the period in between though, new friends will come in time and will accept you and love you for you. And in the meantime, it's awesome that you have such a great family to support you. *hugs*
  • Options
    hi @OneOriginGamer... sounds like they weren't good friends to begin with. i'm glad you have people around you who do care and support you.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @liel88 Good wishes for your check-up tomorrow and hope it is positive for you. "Hugs"
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    good news! got the results of my chest x-ray. it was negative for lung cancer. really relieved to hear that.

been smoke free since oct 2nd. after over 40 years of smoking, i was afraid that i had quit smoking too late.
  • Options
    good news! got the results of my chest x-ray. it was negative for lung cancer. really relieved to hear that.

been smoke free since oct 2nd. after over 40 years of smoking, i was afraid that i had quit smoking too late.

Hello @luvdasims55
    It is very great news to hear the results of your chest X-ray that it was negative for lung cancer! It would be a big relief for you. I send a hug to you <3
  • Options
    @rosemow and @samemie , thank you for your kind words!
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    @Simburian thank you!
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @rosemow and @samemie , thank you for your kind words!

Sending a hug to you @liel88 <3 and continuing to think of you as your prepare for the Oncologist appointment and scan/X-ray.
  • Options
    Thank you, really appreciate it! <3
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    I went to my day-program and a person is back who kind of hurt my feelings (but didn't know it) when he critized people who use the Accessibility car on the GO train who aren't disabled, a couple of years ago.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I've just found this thread and just want to say what a lovely one it is!
    You're all so kind to each other it's lovely to see <3<3
  • Options
    I went to my day-program and a person is back who kind of hurt my feelings (but didn't know it) when he critized people who use the Accessibility car on the GO train who aren't disabled, a couple of years ago.

Hello @MadameLee
    He may have changed his views on this since he spoke about it a couple of years ago. You were hurt by the words that he spoke at that time, and at the same time he wasn’t aware that his comments caused you distress.
    It can be hard to let go of things such as how you felt then, but it can make you feel sick inside and upset. Try to not think about it. He may not even remember that he said it.
  • Options
    TrixieLoca wrote: »
    I've just found this thread and just want to say what a lovely one it is!
    You're all so kind to each other it's lovely to see <3<3

Hello @TrixieLoca
    Thank you very much for your kind and special words about the thread :) I send a hug to you <3
  • Options
    @luvdasims55, great news! and congratulations on being smoke-free for almost one whole month.
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee
    He may have changed his views on this since he spoke about it a couple of years ago. You were hurt by the words that he spoke at that time, and at the same time he wasn’t aware that his comments caused you distress.
    It can be hard to let go of things such as how you felt then, but it can make you feel sick inside and upset. Try to not think about it. He may not even remember that he said it.

I don't remember what he said but he said something but "Why can't families with strollers just use a normal car?" At the time, Mom and I didn't have Presto cards and we still used the Go train to go both West (Toronto) and East(Home) to travel and because of us most of the time having a bundy buggy we use the accessibility car as well. We also used it in the past when we had luggage coming back from Ottawa for instance. He doesn't realize how heavy the strollers can be..but I know from what Mom has told me about having to lug my sister&I as little kids up onto a normal car. I have 1st hand experience with hulling luggage up onto a normal car.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee

I don't remember what he said but he said something but "Why can't families with strollers just use a normal car?" At the time, Mom and I didn't have Presto cards and we still used the Go train to go both West (Toronto) and East(Home) to travel and because of us most of the time having a bundy buggy we use the accessibility car as well. We also used it in the past when we had luggage coming back from Ottawa for instance. He doesn't realize how heavy the strollers can be..but I know from what Mom has told me about having to lug my sister&I as little kids up onto a normal car. I have 1st hand experience with hulling luggage up onto a normal car.

You said yourself that this guy doesn't realise how heavy strollers are, therefore he probably wasn't trying to hurt your feelings and probably didn't even realise he did. And as Rose said he may have changed his opinion since then as someone may have explained to him how heavy they are. My advice is just to put it behind you and try and get on with him and if he says something like it again, you could calmly try and explain to him that they're heavy. After all, how are we meant to learn if things aren't explained to us? :)
  • Options
    My dad and I had an argument yesterday. Normal he drops me off for bowling at (Person 1's) house but she was sick yesterday and didn't go to bowling so Dad had to drop me off at (person 2's house). I was taught by mom that if Dad does something like that..I'm suppose to go up TO the door so the person knows I'm there. How can the person know I'm there if I'm sitting in Dad's car w/ tinted windows? Dad throw a temper tantrum about me getting out of the car when I did.
    6adMCGP.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top