Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on gameplay slowdown, input delay, and time distortion

Comments

• Options
    katshepsutkatshepsut Posts: 8 New Member
    My game crashes when I play S4 Toddlers, My sims have trouble trying to feed toddlers in high chair, they act like some thing is blocking them and than game stops running. Just had to let some one know, thanks.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    katshepsut wrote: »
    My game crashes when I play S4 Toddlers, My sims have trouble trying to feed toddlers in high chair, they act like some thing is blocking them and than game stops running. Just had to let some one know, thanks.

Hello @katshepsut
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
  • Options
    SimplyAlySimplyAly Posts: 100 Member
    Thank you for the tips @rosemow and @phoebebebe13, I will try to lower those things and try laptop mode as well. Also, Phoebe, I fortunately do have air conditioning so I am in a cool environment!
    bloop_zpsajfjhh0y.jpg
    Are you a slave to Bangtan too? Check out my Bangtan Boys (BTS) sims - and other k-pop sims - in my Gallery or download them at my blog.
    Origin: SimplyAly
  • Options
    SimplyAly wrote: »
    Thank you for the tips @rosemow and @phoebebebe13, I will try to lower those things and try laptop mode as well. Also, Phoebe, I fortunately do have air conditioning so I am in a cool environment!

You're welcome @SimplyAly :)
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @SimplyAly Your very welcome. If you need further help just ask
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    @phoebebebe13 I'm sorry if this is inconvenient in any way, but could you help me here? My graphics card is below the minimum requirements for the base game (that's probably why I'm experiencing severe simulation lag -- I'm working to fix that right now thanks to this thread) but what I want to know is if I'll be able to run pets, even if it's with low graphic settings. I know my laptop isn't exactly a good one for gaming, and after suffering with all this lag I'm worried I won't be able to play the EP I want the most. Here is my dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/B8cUjHLd

Thanks in advance.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »
    @phoebebebe13 I'm sorry if this is inconvenient in any way, but could you help me here? My graphics card is below the minimum requirements for the base game (that's probably why I'm experiencing severe simulation lag -- I'm working to fix that right now thanks to this thread) but what I want to know is if I'll be able to run pets, even if it's with low graphic settings. I know my laptop isn't exactly a good one for gaming, and after suffering with all this lag I'm worried I won't be able to play the EP I want the most. Here is my dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/B8cUjHLd

Thanks in advance.

Nope. Your CPU is too weak for the game. If you're already suffering with lag now, I think you're gonna have a lot of problems with Pets.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Emmy_sims Your processor and video card are integrated . They are way below the minimum requirements and you also don't have enough computer ram. To continue playing this game you will need another computer to play on. You can't upgrade a laptop processor or video card. You are stuck with the specs you buy. This game requires desktop not laptop. Laptop hardware is much weaker than desktop hardware. If your going to play on laptop it needs to be a much higher end laptop to equal the requirements on this game for desktop. Sorry for the bad news

Forgot to add. Your hard drive space is very low. You need to remove some things off your hard drive

Drive: C:
    Free Space: 12.7 GB
    Total Space: 455.6 GB
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    DeKay wrote: »
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Nope. Your CPU is too weak for the game. If you're already suffering with lag now, I think you're gonna have a lot of problems with Pets.

They have an integrated processor , video card and not enough ram. @DeKay Some AMD cards that have series numbers are integrated not dedicated. A low end laptop like that will not have a dedicated gpu with a weak processor. You can have your processor more powerful than your video card. You can not have your video card more powerful than your processor or your computer would bottleneck .
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited September 2017
    This thread is gonna be 6 months old in about two weeks, and today we just got the smallest patch (don't let the new CAS items or the extended text fool you; that thing had 5 bug fixes and 2 arguably aren't even bugs) they've ever released.

What the heck man...I get this issue could be big, but some sort of update or transparency regarding the state of things would be nice.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    This thread is gonna be 6 months old in about two weeks, and today we just got the smallest patch (don't let the new CAS items or the extended text fool you; that thing had 5 bug fixes and 2 arguably aren't even bugs) they've ever released.

What the heck man...I get this issue could be big, but some sort of update or transparency regarding the state of things would be nice.

Yea I would definitely appreciate, "Hey guys, we are aware of the 8am school bug and we're still working on it. It's a little tricky but don't worry, we're trying to figure it out." Anything would be better than complete silence. My kids have all aged up so it's not that big of a problem right now. But then there's the lag when they eat, use the restroom, harvest or water plants, go to restaurants, and take showers, just to name a few.
  • Options
    KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    ... we paid for this... jokes on us I guess.
    We deserve so much better.
    But it is a beautiful game though, isn't it?
    Wow... just so so pretty.

Ps. I didn't buy toddler stuff and I'm not gonna buy pets... even though I totally want them both, haha. I know it's not gonna make a difference and that it doesn't matter to anyone else, but it matters to me. It's the principle, and it feels fantastically freeing. I've always bought all the packs... for all the games, now I'm just done.
    "I'm real proud of me, standing up for me. Look at me go!!" ~ me.
    #WalletsOnLock #AgainstBlankStaresBobbingHeadsAndGeneralUselessnessInGeneral

Would I suggest this game to a friend?!
    ... it's gonna be a no from me.

• Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    Oh yeah, that time glitch. every time 8 am comes by, You have to wait a minute before they leave. but this only seems to be a problem on lower computers/laptops,

Also, I don't know why I can't post a thread yet, but someone from YT is complaining about how so many family members/friends keep picking up toddlers when they're fine (I also have this problem, and for the time being I had to put in a mod to STOP them from picking them up because it was driving me crazy!)

Here's the comment:

"I am posting wherever I can so Simgurus can see this.

Can we please get this 'pick up, toddler' fixed! I barely get to play and when I do, everyone wants to pick up the toddlers then put them down over and over wasting so much time and my time.

The toddlers can clearly get out of their own bed too so why does a sim have to drop everything to get them out of bed, put them down, pick them up again, etc etc it's like that's all my sims want to do while the baby starves.

I spend more time frustrated than actually spending my fun time having fun. Please Help Me!!! I Love sims but they are just adding more stress to my life than fun. Thank you!❤️
  • Options
    Hello @Neechan1
    Try logging out of the site, then logging back in again, and it should show you as a full member. You will then be able to start new threads.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I played a little bit today. The 8am bug seems to be expanding outside school area and now my teenager who works part time on weekends (manual labour career) also lags before he leaves the house. Granted, that lag is nothing compared to what happens on a regular schoolday but it's still noticeable and worrying.

Im moving him out soon as well as his sister, they're gonna live in households with different numbers of sims so that'll allow me to do a little testing. As of now my game stops for around 5-10 irl minutes by the time 8am comes.
  • Options
    agustd wrote: »
    I played a little bit today. The 8am bug seems to be expanding outside school area and now my teenager who works part time on weekends (manual labour career) also lags before he leaves the house. Granted, that lag is nothing compared to what happens on a regular schoolday but it's still noticeable and worrying.

Im moving him out soon as well as his sister, they're gonna live in households with different numbers of sims so that'll allow me to do a little testing. As of now my game stops for around 5-10 irl minutes by the time 8am comes.

Hello
    A few things that you can do that may help with the issue

Having your sims outside near where they leave for school/work just before the time when they leave for school /work can help.

Try using the space bar to go from one sim to another when they freeze/lag at the time can help .

• Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Having your sims outside near where they leave for school/work just before the time when they leave for school /work can help.

Try using the space bar to go from one sim to another when they freeze/lag at the time can help .

Tried it all hun. Nothing improves the situation. I doomed myself when I decided I wanted to have 5 kids in the house :p

Thank you for always being here to offer helpful tips, I really appreciate it, we all do.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member

Hello

Tried it all hun. Nothing improves the situation. I doomed myself when I decided I wanted to have 5 kids in the house :p

Thank you for always being here to offer helpful tips, I really appreciate it, we all do.

Where is the household located? It could be because of the world.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Hello

Where is the household located? It could be because of the world.

It's Vista Quarry in Oasis Springs. I've had troubles with bugged lots before so maybe that's it, have you had the same issue?

I'm gonna play a 3 sim household in Newcrest from now on, wonder how long the lag will last for a teenager there.
  • Options
    Hello @Neechan1
    Try logging out of the site, then logging back in again, and it should show you as a full member. You will then be able to start new threads.

Oh, that worked, thanks :smile:
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Has anyone's gaming experience improved from the September patch?
  • Options
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    Hello @Neechan1

Congratulations on becoming a new member :)
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Has anyone's gaming experience improved from the September patch?

Mine has a little thank goodness.
  • Options
    KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    The September patch didn't address any of these issues.
    You're magic if it did anything for you!

*rubs for good luck
  • Options
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    Hello @Neechan1

Congratulations on becoming a new member :)

Thank you! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top