Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on gameplay slowdown, input delay, and time distortion

1141516171820...Next

Comments

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I will say that the lag has gotten better. I think I still get some lag spikes but its nowhere near as bad as it was before.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited November 2017
    So no real clear concensus on if simulation lag and time distortion are fixed?

The lag was so bad on the Tail's End lot in Brindleton Bay yesterday for me that I just closed my game. I was getting maximum 20fps, which is the worst I've seen. :D

tumblr_omule3fwZC1w1swfno1_250.gif
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Quick Update:
    After switching to Windowed Full Screen mode I noticed that I had a more constant smooth gameplay experience. There were a few instances where the fps dropped to the 20s but it's miles from where I was with full screen. It actually has me excited to play more :)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    So no real clear concensus on if simulation lag and time distortion are fixed?

The lag was so bad on the Tail's End lot in Brindleton Bay yesterday for me that I just closed my game. I was getting maximum 20fps, which is the worst I've seen. :D

tumblr_omule3fwZC1w1swfno1_250.gif

Based on the comments thusfar it seems like there's a tangible improvement, but it also doesn't sound like the problem was completely resolved. I really wish the devs would comment on it a bit because as I said, my fear is that Speed x3 still damages the consistency of a game file and could cause the same problems to show their face again.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2017
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Quick Update:
    After switching to Windowed Full Screen mode I noticed that I had a more constant smooth gameplay experience. There were a few instances where the fps dropped to the 20s but it's miles from where I was with full screen. It actually has me excited to play more :)

There is still something wrong there. If you have a 1060 card and a 1080p monitor you should be able to play in full screen not windowed mode. I have a 960 card and a 1080p monitor, I can run the whole sims 3 plus store, some cc all in full screen and the sims 3 complete game is more powerful than what has been released for the sims 4 so far. I get a solid 60 fps with the sims 3

I would contact SimGuruNick and tell him what is going on . With your hardware there is no reason you should have to play in windowed mode to keep the fps more stable.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The only lag I've seen happening in my game has been on either lots with a lot of objects on it (for example 2 retail lots I downloaded from the gallery, one a mega mall and another a basement retail centre) and strangely most of the libraries...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    The only lag I've seen happening in my game has been on either lots with a lot of objects on it (for example 2 retail lots I downloaded from the gallery, one a mega mall and another a basement retail centre) and strangely most of the libraries...

The larger the lot and the more on the lot, the game will start to lag. This even happens in the sims 3 and not just the sims 4. Don't play larger lots with allot of inventory on the lot especially if you have allot of sims. Also keep sims inventories low.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Libraries have always been guilty of this, though I'm not sure why. Maybe the bookcase inventory...?

Other guilty areas are all of San Myshuno and the island neighborhood in Windenburg. People have said San Myshuno is better, though I've not heard much from Windenburg's island.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
    Quick Update:

There is still something wrong there. If you have a 1060 card and a 1080p monitor you should be able to play in full screen not windowed mode. I have a 960 card and a 1080p monitor, I can run the whole sims 3 plus store, some cc all in full screen and the sims 3 complete game is more powerful than what has been released for the sims 4 so far. I get a solid 60 fps with the sims 3

I would contact SimGuruNick and tell him what is going on . With your hardware there is no reason you should have to play in windowed mode to keep the fps more stable.

Yeah that’s why I’ve been saying. I can play TS3 just fine with all EPs and SPs, loads of store content and a few things of CC. There is something wrong if I can’t play TS4 in full screen mode without dropping too many FPS.
    1FKDfKj.png
    Quick Update:

Yeah that’s why I’ve been saying. I can play TS3 just fine with all EPs and SPs, loads of store content and a few things of CC. There is something wrong if I can’t play TS4 in full screen mode without dropping too many FPS.

Agree. I would tell SimGuruNick you have to play in windowed mode. the game is not even complete. If this does not get fixed you might be in windowed mode and in a much lower resolution by the time the game is complete. This should not be happening
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Simulation lag is definitely still there, but now I feel like the game is trying to fight it together with me.

1. On 3X speed sims will start teleporting to their location sometimes instead of executing the full animation.
    2. I will see needs go up before animation does sometimes. It's like the game is now programmer to skip the animation entirely if necessary.
    3. 3X speed sometimes slows down to approximately 2X speed instead of letting the clock go crazy.

My sims after playing this save for a while (100 baby challenge, so heaviest affected save) do stand doing nothing in between commands, but now it's a couple of sim minutes instead of hours.

Overall gameplay feels clunky, however unlike before I can play this now.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Its back again. Since this weeks patch I have the lag again. This is still not a problem caused by my hardware or mods.
  • Renatas2875Renatas2875 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Zasz said:
    > Its back again. Since this weeks patch I have the lag again. This is still not a problem caused by my hardware or mods.

Can confirm. Was exited to play seasons but now It's unplayable due to how everything rolls back.
  • WaterCoffeeWineWaterCoffeeWine Posts: 28 Member
    > @Zasz said:
    > Its back again. Since this weeks patch I have the lag again. This is still not a problem caused by my hardware or mods.

Can confirm. Was exited to play seasons but now It's unplayable due to how everything rolls back.

The gallery has lagged a lot today for me.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hello,

If this is an issue relevant to today, could you create a new topic on it? What caused the issue in the discussion won't be the same for current one so bumping this old conversation to discuss a current one would be redundant as they aren't the same and confusing for future readers. I'll close this thread here but please do look to create a new one of join an existing active thread.

Thanks,

Lanna
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top