Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on gameplay slowdown, input delay, and time distortion

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    Hello @Neechan1
    Try logging out of the site, then logging back in again, and it should show you as a full member. You will then be able to start new threads.

Oh, that worked, thanks :smile:

Congratulations on becoming a new member :)

Thank you! :)

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    I played a little bit today. The 8am bug seems to be expanding outside school area and now my teenager who works part time on weekends (manual labour career) also lags before he leaves the house. Granted, that lag is nothing compared to what happens on a regular schoolday but it's still noticeable and worrying.

Im moving him out soon as well as his sister, they're gonna live in households with different numbers of sims so that'll allow me to do a little testing. As of now my game stops for around 5-10 irl minutes by the time 8am comes.

Hello
    A few things that you can do that may help with the issue

Having your sims outside near where they leave for school/work just before the time when they leave for school /work can help.

Try using the space bar to go from one sim to another when they freeze/lag at the time can help .

Tried it all hun. Nothing improves the situation. I doomed myself when I decided I wanted to have 5 kids in the house :p

Thank you for always being here to offer helpful tips, I really appreciate it, we all do.

Where is the household located? It could be because of the world.

It's Vista Quarry in Oasis Springs. I've had troubles with bugged lots before so maybe that's it, have you had the same issue?

I'm gonna play a 3 sim household in Newcrest from now on, wonder how long the lag will last for a teenager there.

Hmmm. Okay, I don't okay in Oasis Springs. I play in Forgotten Hollow and I'm not getting the 8am bug. I might try to make a family on that lot and test it out.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I played a little bit today. The 8am bug seems to be expanding outside school area and now my teenager who works part time on weekends (manual labour career) also lags before he leaves the house. Granted, that lag is nothing compared to what happens on a regular schoolday but it's still noticeable and worrying.

Im moving him out soon as well as his sister, they're gonna live in households with different numbers of sims so that'll allow me to do a little testing. As of now my game stops for around 5-10 irl minutes by the time 8am comes.

Hello
    A few things that you can do that may help with the issue

Having your sims outside near where they leave for school/work just before the time when they leave for school /work can help.

Try using the space bar to go from one sim to another when they freeze/lag at the time can help .

Tried it all hun. Nothing improves the situation. I doomed myself when I decided I wanted to have 5 kids in the house :p

Thank you for always being here to offer helpful tips, I really appreciate it, we all do.

Where is the household located? It could be because of the world.

It's Vista Quarry in Oasis Springs. I've had troubles with bugged lots before so maybe that's it, have you had the same issue?

I'm gonna play a 3 sim household in Newcrest from now on, wonder how long the lag will last for a teenager there.

Hmmm. Okay, I don't okay in Oasis Springs. I play in Forgotten Hollow and I'm not getting the 8am bug. I might try to make a family on that lot and test it out.

I've tested it out and apparently, I don't have this bug in Oasis Springs either.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I have disable a couple of expansion packs in my game and noticed the gameplay including ultraspeed has improved - so I believe my laptop is probably the issue.

Just thought you guys should know and see if the game improves by disabling expansion packs!
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    How do you disable expansion packs?
  • Options
    @Zasz

Keep in mind you would need to create a new game once disabling packs as it will mess up the current one.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I cant think of anyone who would resort to this extreme method. If the computer cant handle the game with lowest settings, then its time to upgrade the computer. If the computer should handle the game then its the game that needs fixing. This part is on the company to fix. Selling a 4year old game that doesnt work properly with modern computers is a serious issue that THEY must fix, not us. Yeah, I know. You know.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    I cant think of anyone who would resort to this extreme method. If the computer cant handle the game with lowest settings, then its time to upgrade the computer. If the computer should handle the game then its the game that needs fixing. This part is on the company to fix. Selling a 4year old game that doesnt work properly with modern computers is a serious issue that THEY must fix, not us. Yeah, I know. You know.

Shame, but, it is not gonna happen. They didn't bother to fix issues with Sims3, Sims4 is apparently selling like hotcakes, so why should they bother. The game is only 3, came out in 2014....2017 equals 3. :)
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Zasz wrote: »

Exactly. My PC is more than enough for TS4, I'm not going to disable any DLC in order to get rid of bugs. It's the sims team who should get busy fixing them, I'm tired of workarounds and sacrifices.
  • Options
    @agustd

What are your computer specs? Mines are pretty average but I know it's not ideal for gaming.
  • Options
    That's one thing about people complaining about lag - they report it as a "bug" then choose to not share their specs which is a likely reason.

I am aware that most gaming pc users have this bug but if you can't share your specs - we can't help you why you having this issue. Don't blame the developers if you won't share your specs as I have been the stupid one - I blame them then it turns out that it was actually my laptop. Yes I may might as well upgrade but I am not the richest guy in the world.
  • Options
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    That's one thing about people complaining about lag - they report it as a "bug" then choose to not share their specs which is a likely reason.

I am aware that most gaming pc users have this bug but if you can't share your specs - we can't help you why you having this issue. Don't blame the developers if you won't share your specs as I have been the plum one - I blame them then it turns out that it was actually my laptop. Yes I may might as well upgrade but I am not the richest guy in the world.

i7-4790K 4.0 GHz, 32 GB ram, 980ti 6GB, 2TB Hard Drive n 250gb SSD. Now tell me I can't blame the developers that my game doesn't perform as well as it should. I built this PC with much more demanding games in mind as I don't only play The Sims. And frankly, it SHOULD also run well on mid range non gaming laptops since they advertised this game as extremely laptop friendly so even if you don't have a high quality gaming PC you have all the rights to be angry at them still.
  • Options
    Like I said - I am aware most gaming pc users have this issue. Most of the average laptops run on intergrated graphics - hence why it doesn't run so well for those who own them, thats why I said disabling packs may solve the issue like myself.

Maybe you can test disabling one pack at the time to see if it is one of the expansion pack that is causing the bug as might help the game developers as I know for sure city living causes that problem!

• Options
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Like I said - I am aware most gaming pc users have this issue. Most of the average laptops run on intergrated graphics - hence why it doesn't run so well for those who own them, thats why I said disabling packs may solve the issue like myself.

Maybe you can test disabling one pack at the time to see if it is one of the expansion pack that is causing the bug as might help the game developers as I know for sure city living causes that problem!

Yes, we could do that, but the thing is we shouldn't have to use such drastic workarounds just for the game to be stable when its supposed "stability" was initially one of its biggest selling points, if not the main one. I refuse to sacrifice packs and expansions I paid for, I want them to address the issue and tell us when we can possibly expect a fix. We had a guru here half a year ago asking for save files and that was it, no word since. It's been 6 months and they haven't even made any effort to reassure us that they're still working on it. When children can't even go to school with no problem in a life simulation game you know somethings' really effed up. Even more when you pay $2000 for a gaming PC and you still experience lag when on the very same computer you can play the most demanding modern games on the highest settings with no trace of lag whatsoever.

You say people wrongly assume it's a game issue when in reality they're just not aware their computers aren't enough - I disagree. From what I've seen people are waaaay to quick to assume that oh, it's just my computer ! and move on instead of looking into things more. They advertised TS4 as a low end system friendly game and yet it's on its way to surpass TS3 when it comes to bugs.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    My guess it could be the Get Together or City Living EP that is causing the lag. I have all the packs. I'm NOT going to uninstall all of them and install each one by one to test it out.

I also have a gaming laptop, so it shouldn't be a problem with my specs. It's clearly City Living that is causing the fps issue, along with maybe some of the patches.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi,
    Game up to and including the Vampire Pack but no new stuff.

Newest Machine Bought 19/10/2016

Case COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
    Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
    Motherboard ASUS® Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs, RGB Lighting
    Memory (RAM) 16GB HyperX SAVAGE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8GB Kit)
    Graphics Card 8GB EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080 FTW GAMING - DVI, HDMI, 3x DP - GTX VR Ready!
    1st Hard Disk 500GB Samsung 750 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
    2nd Hard Disk 1TB WD BLACK 3.5" WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
    Power Supply CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

The game runs reasonably well with some lag and stutter. On large Lots delays as lights on auto come on as Sim enters a room and jerkiness when moving around the Lot to check out other Sims. With a machine like this there should be no lag at all.

Old Machine Bought 20/11/2011

Case COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
    Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
    Motherboard ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIREX
    Memory (RAM) 16GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (4 X 4GB)
    Graphics Card 1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
    Power Supply CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE
    1st Hard Disk 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
    2nd Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

The game runs badly on this machine with lag and pauses. On large lots or retaurants full of sims it is terrible.

What kind of machine if any will run this game properly ?

Looking at something like this

Specification Snapshot:

OC Intel® Core™ i7-7820X
    ASUS® ROG STRIX X299-E
    32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB 3000MHz
    11GB GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti
    250GB WD Blue™ SSD
    Genuine Windows 10 Home
    £2,507.00
    Kind regards James.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @Retrovanian are you using vsync with that 1080 card? What is the resolution of your monitor?
  • Options
    @Retrovanian are you using vsync with that 1080 card? What is the resolution of your monitor?

No Vsync Full HD 1080p on Monitors for old machine and new one. New Monitor is a 144 Hertz Gaming Monitor. All other demanding games run without problem on both machines. It is obvious the older machine can no longer run The Sims 4 well and it is no slouch.
    Kind regards James.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

No Vsync Full HD 1080p on Monitors for old machine and new one. New Monitor is a 144 Hertz Gaming Monitor. All other demanding games run without problem on both machines. It is obvious the older machine can no longer run The Sims 4 well and it is no slouch.
    Kind regards James.

@Retrovanian Try using vsync. Your card is very powerful and much to powerful for the game. If your monitor is 144 hz that is where you fps should lock at 144 fps so your game syncs with your monitor refresh rate.. Vsync will prevent screen tearing and or lag. You should really do this with any game you play. Going over your monitor refresh rate with fps can over work your card. It may also cause coil whine on your video card. See if that helps.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Retrovanian I missed this part. Your old machine has a 500 series card all though a good card in it's day, it's older . The game requires 600 series or better. They don't make the 600 series anymore. The 1080 is too powerful for the game and would need vsync as I stated in above post. You don't need a new computer. The new computer you have should be just fine to run the game
  • Options
    @Retrovanian Hello again! I don't think you need to a new computer to run the game properly. You would just be wasting your money. You current (newest) machine is good enough for the game.

Apart from what Phoebebebe said, some things you could try is turning down the "visual effects" setting in the graphics setting in the game to 'Low'. This only reduces stuff like the moving cars or trains in the background. I realize this reduces the lag a bit especially if you are playing in San Myshuno.

Another thing you could try is open your game and turn on Game mode if you have the Windows 10 Creator's Update: http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/features/how-to-enable-and-use-game-mode-on-windows-10-1680332
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Thanks Guys for the advice.
    Kind regards James.
  • Options
    No problem, James. :)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TayMeowCxxTayMeowCxx Posts: 38 Member
    I don't really have a lag issue it's more of the time distortion than anything in my game... Started a new game and the bug hasn't seem to shown it's self yet. But I did experience Sims getting stuck and idling in that game. So on that note, I was wondering on cleaning the tray folder, is there anything I shouldn't delete? Thanks
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    TayMeowCxx wrote: »
    I don't really have a lag issue it's more of the time distortion than anything in my game... Started a new game and the bug hasn't seem to shown it's self yet. But I did experience Sims getting stuck and idling in that game. So on that note, I was wondering on cleaning the tray folder, is there anything I shouldn't delete? Thanks

Hello @TayMeowCxx
    Your tray folder contains all the sims households and builds that are in your library, you have either saved to your library from your game or downloaded from the community section of the gallery. By removing files from the tray folder, you are removing items from your library.

Each sims household contains 5 files and an extra file for each extra sim. ( 1x .householdbinary, 1x trayitem, 2x .sgi, 1x .hhi and an extra sgi file for each extra sim)
    A Lot consists of 6-11 files, depending on how many floors your Lot has (1 trayitem file, 1blueprint file and 4 bpi files, and an extra bpi files for each extra floor).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top