Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited September 2017
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    @sunblond, thanks for responding! :smiley:

So it's possible I could get it, would they sell me a new game or would I have to purchase it else where? Lol. I found someone selling almost all the Sims 2 games for 25 bucks(not bad at all!) however not all of them have the game code. I was going to buy them until I stumbled across this thread. I like the idea of having them digitally downloaded rather than having to download game by game with discs.

If you don't mind me asking, are you still playing TS2? If so, how is it compared to TS4? It took me almost a year and half to figure out TS4 and now I enjoy it.

Honestly, I haven't started playing sims 2 yet, just went in to adjust the settings. I am currently researching mods and cc for the game to get an idea what's out there. I know from past experience that I will use mods and CC, as I do with both sims 3 and 4. And I am finding a lot of stuff is no longer available or hasn't been updated for the current UC version, sigh. But I am making headway, discovered how to adjust the graphics settings for modern flat screens, so that will help with the setup.

Also, I have a current save game in sims 4 that is really enjoyable right now, all my kids are becoming Young Adults, which is the fun part for me. Just recently got the ability to share photos here, yeah!

Edit: I am researching sims 2 by watching some let's play's on YouTube as well right now once I start I want to have time to learn my way around, as I am not an experienced PCGamer, there seems to be a learning curve for me, lol.
    Post edited by sunblond on
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    sunblond wrote: »

So it's possible I could get it, would they sell me a new game or would I have to purchase it else where? Lol. I found someone selling almost all the Sims 2 games for 25 bucks(not bad at all!) however not all of them have the game code. I was going to buy them until I stumbled across this thread. I like the idea of having them digitally downloaded rather than having to download game by game with discs.

If you don't mind me asking, are you still playing TS2? If so, how is it compared to TS4? It took me almost a year and half to figure out TS4 and now I enjoy it.

Honestly, I haven't started playing sims 2 yet, just went in to adjust the settings. I am currently researching mods and cc for the game to get an idea what's out there. I know from past experience that I will use mods and CC, as I do with both sims 3 and 4. And I am finding a lot of stuff is no longer available or hasn't been updated for the current UC version, sigh. But I am making headway, discovered how to adjust the graphics settings for modern flat screens, so that will help with the setup.

Also, I have a current save game in sims 4 that is really enjoyable right now, all my kids are becoming Young Adults, which is the fun part for me. Just recently got the ability to share photos here, yeah!

Anything that is known to work with Apartment Life and/or Mansion and Garden Stuff pack will work with the UC. They didn't change anything in the code when they bundled it all into one pack.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    sunblond wrote: »

Anything that is known to work with Apartment Life and/or Mansion and Garden Stuff pack will work with the UC. They didn't change anything in the code when they bundled it all into one pack.

This, also anything that has only one version because it affects items of gameplay that were only affected by one expansion pack.

For business related and community lot items and mods, you're going to want the Open For Business version of items if you can't get one for any later EP (because Mansions and Gardens may not have affected it. Though most mods that are well-known and widely used were generally updated by someone until some time around the last three expansion packs.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    Just thought I'd share, I contacted a rep from EA and they told me if I purchased Sims 2 and had a code they would give me the ultimate collection- So I purchased one and they gave me a new code for the UC with no problem :smiley:

Now I just need a day off to binge the sims 2! Lol
  • Options
    VegaMirachVegaMirach Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't know how well this is related on this forum, but this is where I first read of the sims 2 ultimate collection, I own many of the games as physical copies and I have been trying to contact the support but it just doesn't seem to work, the chat never loads. Has anyone else had the issue or does someone know what I should maybe do? I'd really love to have the game as the sims 2 was pretty much my childhood
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Brieanna19

well done enjoy your game :)

Hi @VegaMirach

Welcome a lot of times it's the browser you are using for me I cannot get through on Google but can on Firefox so try different browsers to see if it helps :)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Brieanna19 Grats! Enjoy your game

@VegaMirach Like SPARKY1922 said try using a different browser. You could also ask for a call back, or some people have contacted them on facebook. Good luck!

• Options
    monocerotis13monocerotis13 Posts: 567 Member
    I got the Ultimate collection a few days ago- no problem getting on to the chat and a very helpful person at the other end. I was able to load the base game but was having trouble with the expansion packs, I was getting pop up messages telling me to upgrade the operating system (Windows 10), then the next EP said I was running the wrong version- I was going round in circles!
    Forgot how good Sims 2 is and I'm really pleased to have the whole collection again!
    'No I'm from Iowa- I only work in outer space' James Tiberius Kirk
  • Options
    VegaMirachVegaMirach Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you for the tips, I finally got through with facebook! It seemed to work a lot faster than the regular ea support, I suppose i got very lucky to have a nice person on the other end :smiley: Can't wait to get to play the games again after such a long time
  • Options
    Congrats @monocerotis13 @VegaMirach :) I hope you both enjoy your game!
  • Options
    swillflyswillfly Posts: 54 Member
    I believe I own all of the EPs and SPs except for the Holiday one and the Garden one... is there any advantage for me to somehow try to get whatever this ultimate edition is? Mebbe so I don't have to waste time swapping discs/installing/patching? Is the additional content I'm missing worthwhile?
    Would you like some breakfast?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited September 2017
    The Ultimate Collection is showing up for download on Origin.
    I had been putting off reinstalling S2 and all my packs so I'm just downloading the UC.

[img][/img]RiMxq0G.png

I'm wondering if I see it because I didn't redownload after I got my new computer? If so I'm sorry for getting anyone's hopes up. :(
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    @swillfly , if you have a code(I believe from any of the Sims 2 games) it will work. Message EA and just ask. It's so much easier than having to swap out each disk, plus it's all digital! Love that part :blush:
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Hello, does anyone know where can I buy the Sims 2? And how can I get the ultimate collection?
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    Hello, does anyone know where can I buy the Sims 2? And how can I get the ultimate collection?

To buy your best chance is someplace like Ebay. To get the UC follow the directions in the very first post of this thread. :) You can try to get UC without buying it first. Some reps just give it out, some want a code from a game, some say there isn't any more. :D Really you should just keep trying until you get a good rep. It has taken some people quite a few tries, but they eventually succeeded. :)

• Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    Hmm. I don't get it. If I show them my CD key, can I get this collection? Or do I need a digital code?
  • Options
    Hmm. I don't get it. If I show them my CD key, can I get this collection? Or do I need a digital code?

Yup, your CD key works just fine. :)

• Options
    chl03l33chl03l33 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just got my Sims 2 UC, so excited! All it takes it to get through to an EA advisor and be nice, send them yourn photo proof of having some sort of sims 2 games (I have about 11 including base game) with your name, signature, case ID, and todays date and email for origin and be patient and they will add the game to your account! Over the moon it is my favourite out of all 4 sims games!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    that's one of the most popular threads
    should really be meantime a hint to EA what fans really want to play
    & also why, like : memories, personality, details, consistency, control, customization, OFB, apartments, vacation, hotels, things to do ...

at least they got the memo about todds :trollface:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I got it through that offer we got with Origin.
    Can't remember what it was.

So is it still possible for people to get it? I think my boyfriend would like this too!
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    I got it through that offer we got with Origin.
    Can't remember what it was.

So is it still possible for people to get it? I think my boyfriend would like this too!

Yes, it still possible. If he have a serial key, or the box with the disk he can still get it.
    Everything is explain in the first post :)
  • Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    > @chl03l33 said:
    > Just got my Sims 2 UC, so excited! All it takes it to get through to an EA advisor and be nice, send them yourn photo proof of having some sort of sims 2 games (I have about 11 including base game) with your name, signature, case ID, and todays date and email for origin and be patient and they will add the game to your account! Over the moon it is my favourite out of all 4 sims games!
    Photo proof? I can't do that. I no longer have access to an SD card slot. But I will check this out later. The PC I'm currently stuck with has no hard drive space to spare.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    As requested, I’m reporting in that I was able to get UC. I had purchased and registered nearly the entire set through the years. I noticed that TS2 UC was in my library. This was two weeks ago. Falling in love all over again!
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    > @chl03l33 said:
    > Just got my Sims 2 UC, so excited! All it takes it to get through to an EA advisor and be nice, send them yourn photo proof of having some sort of sims 2 games (I have about 11 including base game) with your name, signature, case ID, and todays date and email for origin and be patient and they will add the game to your account! Over the moon it is my favourite out of all 4 sims games!
    Photo proof? I can't do that. I no longer have access to an SD card slot. But I will check this out later. The PC I'm currently stuck with has no hard drive space to spare.

If your pc and smartphone have Bluetooth you can try to connect them, take a picture with your smartphone and send it to your pc via Bluetooth.
    And, if you have the disc's serial key i don't think they will ask for a picture. I had the disk serial key and the EA advisor never ask for a picture. Just the serial key, in which country and store i have bought it.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited October 2017
    Just wanted to pop in and give thanks! Tried this tonight and it worked! So very useful for those of us who no longer use DVD drives or don't want to go through the process of installing everything. I did have to dust off an old case for a code but other than that everything went smoothly. So glad to finally have all my games in one place. Thanks again! :)