Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I chatted with EA and just asked for it and they gave it to me. It was very easy.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    edited July 2017
    Just now got done speaking with a rep. This was probably my third time trying for the UC and I finally got it!!!! They were super nice, though I did have to jump through some hoops like others here. I basically told them that I owned the full collection on disc but some discs were now scratched so I couldn't play anymore but I really wanted to! She took a look at my account then asked for a picture of one of the discs with the game code, along with a piece of paper with my name, signature, date and case number on it. Then she gave me the game! It's downloading now! So nice to be able to install without worrying about switching out disks!
    Post edited by xitneverendss on
  • KaylynnInezKaylynnInez Posts: 15 Member
    I'm so excited, I've got TS2 Ultimate Collection! <3 That was my first try to get it, and I didn't even need to show him a picture of a disc or something. He was super nice and asked me to provide him with the email linked to my Origin account, and then added the game to my game library! <3 I'm so happy!!
  • HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    I just wanted to give this a bump and also thank everyone for their advice, I finally got the UC today! In my experience, you get a faster response by using fb. I just bought the deluxe and freetime expansions so I uploaded proof of that, along with the date and my origin name and was able to get it. Wishing everyone else good luck! :)
  • simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    Just got it!! It took me 5 times till I got it. I switched my country to India (people say US reps are less likely to say yes) and gave my rep a code for an expansion that I got off of youtube. I said I didnt have any official booklet and my CD is misplaced and she was so very nice and gave it to me.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    hello all, i'll post in this thread because I can't yet make a topic- I might have lost the Sims 2 and Sims 3 games that I owned (either I left them home or got lost (hoping getting lost isn't the case) I have all of my sims 3 games on origin, so that is fine. But I would like to have a digital copy of the sims 2. My original sims 2 is on an account that I lost access to, and I wish I could try to find that again- however, most of my new ones are unregistered. I have the box and code at home so I should be alright
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    ok game update so I checked origin, and I now have the sims 2 store edition- would this work or no?
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Sunflowergal227

I do not quite understand by what you mean sims 2 store edition in origin but if you have been given the sims 2 UC series by an EA customer service rep it should look like the following pic in your Origin game library. You would then require to install the game and after that be able to launch the game from the sims 2 icon button that would install on your desktop. Is this what you mean?

cmiiNDZ.jpg
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    julieeele_ wrote: »
    Hey I missed out on Sims 2 and I always hear about how fun it is and I'm so bummed I never got a chance to experience it. Is there anyway I could get an ultimate collection code?

You have to have at least the Sims 2 Base Game - they want you to take a picture of your disk, probably case, and the manual with it plus give the game code. I suggest you go on Amazon, I just bought the base game for under $12.

I DID own the base game, every EP and every SP for Sims 2 but they all were stolen during a move I had to make.
    I am so happy I found this thread! A year ago almost everything that had been in my 2 bedroom apartment was stolen, including my Sims 2 & 3 disks. For both I owned base game, all EPs and all SPs. Sims 3, because of Origin has not been a problem. But I have been wanting to play Sims 2 also again. I have tried, with my limited, less than $800 per month, income to save to repurchase but been unable. I do have the disks for the Sims 2 base game and Apartment Life. So can prove ownership. I also miraculously remember the email and sim name I used for Sims 2. Now all I have to do is find out how to get photos I take with my cheap cell phone onto my computer. Then, hopefully, I too will be able to get the Ultimate Collection.

Thanks for the timely posts!
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    julieeele_ wrote: »
    Hey I missed out on Sims 2 and I always hear about how fun it is and I'm so bummed I never got a chance to experience it. Is there anyway I could get an ultimate collection code?

You have to have at least the Sims 2 Base Game - they want you to take a picture of your disk, probably case, and the manual with it plus give the game code. I suggest you go on Amazon, I just bought the base game for under $12.

I DID own the base game, every EP and every SP for Sims 2 but they all were stolen during a move I had to make.

Owning at least the base game or an EP just greatly increases the chances of getting a rep that will give the UC to you.

There are still a few reps out there that do not require proof of ownership based on what people have said recently.
  • Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    A rep I'm chatting with right now claims he can't generate new TS2 codes and hasn't been able to for over a year. Should I maybe just close and try again?!
  • Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    edited August 2017
    EDIT: Of course now, after stating for the 3rd time that I have multiple old CDs, they were able to do it ... hm...

Finally downloading! 10.08 GB ... should take a while on my 3 Mbps DSL connection :-O
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Grats @Mrknowitall526 I hope you enjoy. :)
    Success in getting Sims 2 UC added to my games. Now it is downloading - and says it will take several hours...
    @Mrknowitall526 & @SimsplyRuth

Well done to both of you I am not sure how much longer the series will be obtainable. Enjoy your games :)
  • cazzapoocazzapoo Posts: 6 New Member
    I had the full ultimate sims 2 download when my DVD player stopped working got in contact with EA live chat they where very good all i needed was a games code from my collection.They sent me a link to download brilliant .
  • MaddieSims25MaddieSims25 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just got my copy! I did not need the game at all! I got it all for free. It probably helps that I have almost all expansions for sims 3 and have the sims 4.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Grats @cazzapoo and @MaddieSims25 ! Hope you both enjoy your games. :)

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I bought a game code on eBay for like $2.99 and just used that to get the Sims 2 UC, I did try without, but was told that I needed the code, honestly, I did not mind that, as I rarely expect something for nothing, lol.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    So is it possible to get acode off of google And ask a rep? Or are they wanting a picture of the disk along with the game case? Also, do you get all of the EPs or just the base game?
    @sunblond

you were very lucky I was asked to buy the base game new and then they gave me the whole series but I still think I was lucky because the deal to get the series had been over for some time and I got a full sims series for the purchase of one base game-) Like you I rarely expect something for nothing so I was very happy to be given a whole new series I had never played before for the price of a base game :)

@Brieanna19

Honestly I think it depends what rep you get on the day some players have been given UC for free without ever owning it and others have had to prove they purchased 2 games before and still have the code and/or sometimes the game case they can send a picture of.. I was told by my rep when I agreed to buy a new base game for the code that they can tell if you are giving them a used code but that's clearly not true as sunblond's experience of getting 2 was by a used code. When I decided I really wanted 2 UC I told them I had bought the base game and lost it in a move which was true because I saw a friend playing 2 and bought it but never used it then lost it and when it looked like I was not going to get the series I asked the rep directly what I could do to receive the series and he asked me to rebuy the base game new and come back with the code so I said fair enough. Yes you get the full series when you receive UC which can take some getting used to :)
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @sunblond

you were very lucky I was asked to buy the base game new and then they gave me the whole series but I still think I was lucky because the deal to get the series had been over for some time and I got a full sims series for the purchase of one base game-) Like you I rarely expect something for nothing so I was very happy to be given a whole new series I had never played before for the price of a base game :)

@Brieanna19

Honestly I think it depends what rep you get on the day some players have been given UC for free without ever owning it and others have had to prove they purchased 2 games before and still have the code and/or sometimes the game case they can send a picture of.. I was told by my rep when I agreed to buy a new base game for the code that they can tell if you are giving them a used code but that's clearly not true as sunblond's experience of getting 2 was by a used code. When I decided I really wanted 2 UC I told them I had bought the base game and lost it in a move which was true because I saw a friend playing 2 and bought it but never used it then lost it and when it looked like I was not going to get the series I asked the rep directly what I could do to receive the series and he asked me to rebuy the base game new and come back with the code so I said fair enough. Yes you get the full series when you receive UC which can take some getting used to :)

I should have mentioned in my earlier comment that I do own all of the sims 4 content and some sims 3, so that may have helped when I was chatting with the EArep. I know that they do ask and look up your origin account at the beginning. I also made it clear that I was not a previous owner of any sims 2, as I had started playing the sims when the 4th edition came out.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    @sunblond

I also own all the sims 3 series and everything from the store so like you say I assume they are going to take that into account as well. You are refreshingly honest in your approach and like me you did not expect the whole series for nothing-) I also purchased the sims 1 collection which is sitting on my ancient laptop waiting for me to play but I am playing so much 2&3 right now have not had the time. I also own 4 but cannot play for very long and it's not a discussion for this thread but it's nice sometimes when loyalty appears to work..

If you are playing 2 we love pics and stories on the following thread :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/16002143#Comment_16002143
  • Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    @sunblond, thanks for responding! :smiley:

So it's possible I could get it, would they sell me a new game or would I have to purchase it else where? Lol. I found someone selling almost all the Sims 2 games for 25 bucks(not bad at all!) however not all of them have the game code. I was going to buy them until I stumbled across this thread. I like the idea of having them digitally downloaded rather than having to download game by game with discs.

If you don't mind me asking, are you still playing TS2? If so, how is it compared to TS4? It took me almost a year and half to figure out TS4 and now I enjoy it.