Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    TimelordSnowyTimelordSnowy Posts: 41 Member
    I GOT!! I talked to a really nice person(I believe their name was Aakash) And they asked if I had a code and such. I was honest and said No,Ive never owned a sims 2 game before but I own all the sims 3 expansions and some of sims 4 and they are why I would like a chance at playing the sims 2. They said they see if they could make an exception for me and THEY DID They got back to me saying they generated a code for me and sent me the code and told me how to enter it and now I have it!! I thought it would be so much harder from some of the stories Ive heard ;-; The first time I did it I got an automated response but the second time I got a real human and now I have the sims 2 UC and Im so happy :D
    Please Ping if responding to something I say. I wont see otherwise thank you :)
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    I have a question to ask those people who have the Sims 2 and subsequently got the Ultimate Collection.

Did you try to install the Sims 2 on your current computer and failed because it would not run properly? And when you got the Ultimate Collection did it run on the same computer? I am curious because I miss playing the Sims 2 but I cannot get it to run on my old Win 7 computer properly.

I wonder if the Ultimate Collection would run and play properly on my old Win 7 computer
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I have windows 7 pro. I installed UTS2 no problem except for graphics. Jules helped me with that and I’m simming away.
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    I have windows 7 pro. I installed UTS2 no problem except for graphics. Jules helped me with that and I’m simming away.

Did you try and install your original Sims 2 game and packs? I have tried but hates to run properly. I wondered if there was any difference from using the original games and installing them on Win 7 (I don't have pro) verses getting the Ultimate Sims 2 through Origin and running it through there.

If getting the Ultimate Collection is no different from installing the games on my Win 7 computer with my disks I don't really see any point in asking for it, it if wont run.

Thank you for your reply
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I did not try to install from disks first. Do I can’t help there.
  • Options
    betho2k7betho2k7 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just got my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection today! I am so so happy
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @comicsforlife , @SnowyIcefall and @betho2k7 Congrats! Enjoy your games! :)
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Do you get the game in origin if you do it this way or?? I own all the packs.
  • Options
    LiesSim wrote: »

Ya just contact EA (instructions are in the first post) and give them the code off one of your disks. You will get it put in your Origin account for sure with a code. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Ya just contact EA (instructions are in the first post) and give them the code off one of your disks. You will get it put in your Origin account for sure with a code. :)

Fantastic! I'm going to give it a try. I need the code at the back of the booklet right? Wish me luck! :smiley:

• Options
    Things got a bit awkward when I had to answer my security question (didn't know the answer) but they send me an email with a verification code to fix that little issue.

The gamecode on the back of my booklet wasn't valid they said? They asked for pictures of:

"The game disc with its case.
    The leaflet with the Product Code.
    The receipt for your purchase, showing:
    The date of purchase.
    The price you paid.
    The description of the product you purchased.
    Sign the receipt and write today’s date and your case number (if you have one already)."

Uhm... I don't exactly still have the receipt for it which was apparently a problem for the person I spoke to. Seemed a bit silly considering some people in this thread got the game without having to prove anything.
    Anyway they ended the chat because they thought I was gone (I was uploading pictures of the basegame, disk and booklet with code + my full collection) so I started a new one with someone named Harmeet. Things got awkward again when I couldn't answer my security question, again. I suggested he send me an email which he did. He was very kind and he actually gave me my beloved TS2 game in origin. It sounds stupid and fangirly but I actually had tears in my eyes when I saw the game in my library (I even called Harmeet an angel). This game means so much to my inner teenager :heart:

Thank you so much for this thread people, I would've never known this was possible without it! You people are amazing :heart:

(I sound so goofy haha I'm just so happy right now)
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Things got a bit awkward when I had to answer my security question (didn't know the answer) but they send me an email with a verification code to fix that little issue.

The gamecode on the back of my booklet wasn't valid they said? They asked for pictures of:

"The game disc with its case.
    The leaflet with the Product Code.
    The receipt for your purchase, showing:
    The date of purchase.
    The price you paid.
    The description of the product you purchased.
    Sign the receipt and write today’s date and your case number (if you have one already)."

Uhm... I don't exactly still have the receipt for it which was apparently a problem for the person I spoke to. Seemed a bit silly considering some people in this thread got the game without having to prove anything.
    Anyway they ended the chat because they thought I was gone (I was uploading pictures of the basegame, disk and booklet with code + my full collection) so I started a new one with someone named Harmeet. Things got awkward again when I couldn't answer my security question, again. I suggested he send me an email which he did. He was very kind and he actually gave me my beloved TS2 game in origin. It sounds stupid and fangirly but I actually had tears in my eyes when I saw the game in my library (I even called Harmeet an angel). This game means so much to my inner teenager :heart:

Thank you so much for this thread people, I would've never known this was possible without it! You people are amazing :heart:

(I sound so goofy haha I'm just so happy right now)

Congratulation ! I was in the same emotional state when they gave me the game ^^
    Enjoy your game, and feel free to ask if you have any question.
    I also suggest you to read this thread about corruption. It's also a good idea to use the clean Neighbourhoods available at MeetMe2TheRiver
  • Options
    kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I have UC but I no longer find a way on Origin to un-install and re-install. I worry what to do if my computer goes down and I need to reinstall on a new computer?
  • Options
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    I have UC but I no longer find a way on Origin to un-install and re-install. I worry what to do if my computer goes down and I need to reinstall on a new computer?

If you right click on the picture, nothing shows up ?

• Options
    @LiesSim Yay! Congrats! Hope you enjoy playing again! That is so odd to ask for a receipt...I mean if a person had the original disk they had, who the heck would still have the receipt! No worries about sounding fangirly, I jumped up and down squealing loudly when I got it! :D
    kamra19610 wrote: »

To uninstall you have to do so through your programs on your pc. You will be able to reinstall after. Why uninstall though? Did you try to right click the game in Origin and choose to repair? Uninstalling and reinstalling is usually a last ditch effort when everything else has failed. Note that repairing will set back anything you changed, options, video card file, graphic rules ect.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @JULES1111 I think she means if her computer broke
  • Options
    @JULES1111 I think she means if her computer broke

:D Yup totally overlooked that part... derp.. @kamra19610 You can reinstall it on a new pc. I have reinstalled it on 3 pc's so far. The one I had when it released and 2 replacements. So no worries there. Just go into Origin and install.
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    true LuLu if do fear my computer crashing and not being able to download it onto a new one since I would not have been able to un install it from this one. LOL making since of my concern? But I am going to stop looking for trouble in my PC and just know any thing can work out.
  • Options
    ChewygamerzChewygamerz Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I just had an amazing experience getting TS2UC! I was helped by a very helpful person by the name of "Arpit S", who made the process easy, and even gave me a 10% discount code, and bumped it up to 15% because I was a loyal customer! I used just the case, code (back of leaflet), and disc of the Kitchen&Bath Interior Design Stuff pack, and had the entire collection added to my account! This is still working till this day, and the game is downloading as I type! Good luck grabbing your copy, I hope it is just as easy!
  • Options
    ChewygamerzChewygamerz Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Chewygamerz said:
    > Hello, I just had an amazing experience getting TS2UC! I was helped by a very helpful person by the name of "Arpit S", who made the process easy, and even gave me a 10% discount code, and bumped it up to 15% because I was a loyal customer! I used just the case, code (back of leaflet), and disc of the Kitchen&Bath Interior Design Stuff pack, and had the entire collection added to my account! This is still working till this day, and the game is downloading as I type! Good luck grabbing your copy, I hope it is just as easy!

P.S: Yes, I did make a forum account just to post here.
  • Options
    @Chewygamerz Congrats on getting the game! Hope you enjoy it. Welcome to the forum as well. :) Feel free to swing by and ask any questions you may have or drop by to tell us what's going on in your game.
  • Options
    KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    Omg I just contacted them and also got a copy of the Ultimate Collection, and I'm really excited! (For anyone who was wondering if they're still doing this, YES!) Man I haven't played Sims 2 since super long ago, so I'm pretty stoked for nostalgia lane! :)
  • Options
    KhemKat19 wrote: »
    Omg I just contacted them and also got a copy of the Ultimate Collection, and I'm really excited! (For anyone who was wondering if they're still doing this, YES!) Man I haven't played Sims 2 since super long ago, so I'm pretty stoked for nostalgia lane! :)

Congrats khemkat19! I hope you enjoy going down nostalgia lane!
  • Options
    KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    Thanks Jules! I've been really enjoying it! Back when I played the first time around, I had no idea CC/mods existed (didn't start with those til TS3), so now I'm finding out how pretty Sims 2 sims can actually be!! And naturally going crazy downloading CC for it :D<3:)