Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Progression in Sims 4?

I stopped playing Sims 4 a while after it came out but got the Parenthood pack plus a couple more add-ons and have been enjoying it again.
But i'm just wondering if there has been any updates to the story progression of townies, whether now they will marry and have children on their own or if it is still the same in that nothing happens unless you make it do so?

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Still nothing on that, AFAIK. If you want some story progression, you can download the MCC mod.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TreadmillooTreadmilloo Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm pretty sure there's still no story progression but I really wish there was :(
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    No .
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Nope the only way to have story progression in your game is install the MC Command Center Mod. With the mod you can control the story progression to a point.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2017
    This needs to be added. Badly.

Meh. Even if they added it officially, I have no doubt that it would be a lacklustre implementation. I'll stick with MCCC.
  • Options
    HazellHazell Posts: 304 Member
    I don't use mods at all and would be pretty wary of doing it - my game automatically updates and it's in my head that you can lose saves if you don't delete mods before updates? I think it's badly needed also, it's something that made the game so fun - seeing the world progress with your sim!
  • Options
    hannashavenhannashaven Posts: 81 Member
    @Hazell You could always turn off automatic updates. I have it off and it'll still tell you when the update is available, so you can take any mods/CC out before installing the update. You could try it out and if you decide it's too much of a hassle you can take it out of your game! Temporarily removing mods and CC from your game isn't all that time consuming at least!
    Twitch: casuallywillow
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hazell wrote: »
    I don't use mods at all and would be pretty wary of doing it - my game automatically updates and it's in my head that you can lose saves if you don't delete mods before updates? I think it's badly needed also, it's something that made the game so fun - seeing the world progress with your sim!

I don't have automatic updates but I have never removed my mods prior to doing an update and have never lost a save or had anything happen to my game in Sims 4. They basically shut your mods & CC off while doing the updates and you have to physically turn them back on after the update for them to show up in your game again.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    I have a strong feeling that few weeks ago there was a survey in SimsVip about what would we like to see in the game and story progression was there. I'm really worried that at some point I will run out of NPC's who can marry my sims. I don't wan't to use any mods so I really hope that ea will fix this before my neighbourhood gets empty.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    This needs to be added. Badly.

No. It does not. I play the whole world and I would be mightily upset if the game put sims together that I don't want together. I would be mightly upset if it married, gave jobs, or gave children, to ANY of the sims in my rotation.

I build my world from one lot to the next. I put sims in areas and homes with backgrounds and lives that I want. I don't want the game messing with it. This is MY game.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    > @fullspiral said:
    > SimmingLove wrote: »
    >
    > This needs to be added. Badly.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No. It does not. I play the whole world and I would be mightily upset if the game put sims together that I don't want together. I would be mightly upset if it married, gave jobs, or gave children, to ANY of the sims in my rotation.
    >
    > I build my world from one lot to the next. I put sims in areas and homes with backgrounds and lives that I want. I don't want the game messing with it. This is MY game.

I think there should be an option to turn it on and off because some people want it and some don't
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    > @fullspiral said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No. It does not. I play the whole world and I would be mightily upset if the game put sims together that I don't want together. I would be mightly upset if it married, gave jobs, or gave children, to ANY of the sims in my rotation.
    >
    > I build my world from one lot to the next. I put sims in areas and homes with backgrounds and lives that I want. I don't want the game messing with it. This is MY game.

I think there should be an option to turn it on and off because some people want it and some don't

Off wasn't OFF in Sims 3. Just like on isn't ON in sims 4. I see posts about families not moving in all the time with that option checked.

SP only came in with 3....never in 1 or 2. Perhaps it's one of the biggest reasons 3 is at the bottom for me. I don't play 1 family and never have. All premades get deleted from my worlds. No one lives in a house unless I build it and create that household. And I do that with my whole world in mind.

I don't want SP doing anything opposed to what I might want down the line. I play aging off and work this like Sims City, but by household. I'm building a community here with many very diverse sims who interconnect on different levels as I SEE it. This is why I spend the hours and hours I do to create them.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    > @fullspiral said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Off wasn't OFF in Sims 3. Just like on isn't ON in sims 4. I see posts about families not moving in all the time with that option checked.

SP only came in with 3....never in 1 or 2. Perhaps it's one of the biggest reasons 3 is at the bottom for me. I don't play 1 family and never have. All premades get deleted from my worlds. No one lives in a house unless I build it and create that household. And I do that with my whole world in mind.

I don't want SP doing anything opposed to what I might want down the line. I play aging off and work this like Sims City, but by household. I'm building a community here with many very diverse sims who interconnect on different levels as I SEE it. This is why I spend the hours and hours I do to create them.

Wow I never knew we play just alike. I have to agree, SP was never really off in TS3 and we had to wait a year or so before we got that toggle. I can't remember but the base didn't come with a toggle.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    If they put in story progression, I hope we can turn it fully off! I am a rotational player and the whole active household and story progression unfortunately ruined the game for me :(
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I hate story progression so I hope EA don't add it. Unless it's like MC command and I can tell it to ignore my played sims and I doubt any EA version will be that flexible. I imagine it's a all or nothing scenario.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Hazell wrote: »

After Get Together patch, the game automatically disables the mods and CC before updates so no game can be broken.
    You will not lose your save games if you remove mods. The objects do get replaced with what's already in game.
    Remember to remove mods and CC before you install a new add-on. Otherwise there are going to be problems like sims can't use new objects. Some of them can be fixed by simply removing mods and CC, starting the game and after that putting them back.
    Interesting... I've never used any mods in The Sims 4 and I managed to write this post...
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    To all of those rotational players, what if story progression only affected non played sims. So if you have a family that you play, they won't be affected by story progression. ;)
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    To all of those rotational players, what if story progression only affected non played sims. So if you have a family that you play, they won't be affected by story progression. ;)

Isn't that how it works all ready?
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Isn't that how it works all ready?

In MCCC it is, yes. I think there might be a few things you can opt inactive played Sims into, but pretty much it's unplayed only. And I carefully made sure all those things were turned off in MCCC before I started using it for the things I do want to use it to customize (age lengths in my aging-on save, for example). I don't want story progression in my rotational saves or my nonrotational ones: it's my world this way. I'm the God who knows who should hook up with who, and when they'll have babies, and who shouldn't hook up with anyone yet.

I will say that I don't entirely mind that the game does some relationship additions in the game - I only mind when they're inappropriate (children and nonlocal unrelated strange adults suddenly becoming friends, for example). But I often use MCCC to undo the relationships if I don't feel like going forward with them when I rotate and find them. For me, it's an anti-SP tool.

I'm glad that the Maxis team made SP moddable into the game - they put out lots of hooks for it. But no matter how they were to implement it, it still wouldn't be just right for so many players that MCCC would exist anyway, so people could customize their SP better. I'd rather that Maxis keep leaving the moddability hooks in as they update the game and focus their development time on other things.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I don't even want unplayed sims to progress. I use my townies in my stories. Some of them are girlfriends/boyfriends of my sims for a short time. Others I just keep to add to someone later.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2017
    I would love Story Progression! <3 it adds more realism to the game
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

I wouldn't like it, unplayed housed households are typically families I don't play actively, but I follow them, edit them in Manage Households and I wouldn't anything life changing happening to them like marriage/divorce/babies.
  • Options
    saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    Option to turn on or off would be okay i guess like MCCommand Mod
  • Options
    fractiouspipfractiouspip Posts: 13 New Member
    I would also like story progression with the option to turn it on/off or to limit it to unplayed families only. It has to work though, ie if it's switched off it's not allowed to be sneaky in the background.