Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FULL LIST OF CAT AND DOG BREEDS IN THE SIMS 4 CATS AND DOGS!!

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    Um, that was a Standard Poodle! (Poodle person here :p )

I assume there will also be a toy poodle in the pack too. Poor miniature poodles so often overlooked. :(
    I think that they mean a standard French Poodle, but I can't be certain.
  • Options
    Roxygirl0987Roxygirl0987 Posts: 67 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    @Roxygirl0987 , I'm guessing that question mark breed is Shiba Inu, we have this breed in S3; it's a notable breed dog in Japan.

shiba-inu_04_lg_zpstgx27szv.jpg[/URL]

Do you think so????
    I feel like its got the wrong colours if you are talking about the pic in the photo, It is the one on the very right and has a curvy tail like a shiba inu but when zoomed in it is white and has cream blotches on its back.
  • Options
    utopiamoonutopiamoon Posts: 68 Member
    I hope we get Jack Russell terriers. They're my favorite dog breed.
  • Options
    @Roxygirl0987 , I'm guessing that question mark breed is Shiba Inu, we have this breed in S3; it's a notable breed dog in Japan.

shiba-inu_04_lg_zpstgx27szv.jpg[/URL]

Do you think so????
    I feel like its got the wrong colours if you are talking about the pic in the photo, It is the one on the very right and has a curvy tail like a shiba inu but when zoomed in it is white and has cream blotches on its back.
    Do you have pic of this dog that you can share here? We can help you identify this breed of dog if you can share pic of it here.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I'm referring to that dog that it seem to be interacting with another dog where the 3 sims was sitting down talking to each other and this dog seems to be wearing a dog tee or something... I cant be certain because I can't see the dog face.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    I'm referring to that dog that it seem to be interacting with another dog where the 3 sims was sitting down talking to each other and this dog seems to be wearing a dog tee or something... I cant be certain because I can't see the dog face.
    This scene that you are talking about. Is it a screenshot from the official announcement trailer, or one of the Cats & Dogs screenshots shown at Gamescon?
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    This scene that you are talking about. Is it a screenshot from the official announcement trailer, or one of the Cats & Dogs screenshots shown at Gamescon?

They mean the linked image in the OP. The tail doesn't look curled to me though so I'm not sure if that's a shiba. Shibas got them classic curled tails.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    or perhaps Toy Fox miniature Pinscher?
    Minipinsaz_zps28a5bsxk.jpg[/URL]

The Sims Game
  • Options

They mean the linked image in the OP. The tail doesn't look curled to me though so I'm not sure if that's a shiba. Shibas got them classic curled tails.
    I clicked on the link to Imgur that was provided in the OP. It to me too a photo album wedsite. Where I saw a pic of the fishermen's wharf in Brindelton Bay. In that pic there were three sims talking as they sat side by side on a park bench at the fishermen's wharf. One YA female with a white top on, and what looked like two YA males seated to her right. The female was facing the two YA males. There were two dogs standing nearly nose to nose at their feet. The dog on the left there was circled in red with Boston Terrier over it's head. The dog on the right was also circled in red, but had a question mark over it's head. This is the dog in question, right? Even with camera that far back, the dog on the right appears to be a small dog. Probably large terrier or a large spaniel size. In other words, the dog appears to be anywhere between the 13 to 17 inches or smaller. Shiba Inu is between 13 to 17 inches, and weighs anywhere between 18 to 24 pounds as a healthy adult dog. The dog in the pic could possibly be a fully grown Shiba Inu.
  • Options

I clicked on the link to Imgur that was provided in the OP. It to me too a photo album wedsite. Where I saw a pic of the fishermen's wharf in Brindelton Bay. In that pic there were three sims talking as they sat side by side on a park bench at the fishermen's wharf. One YA female with a white top on, and what looked like two YA males seated to her right. The female was facing the two YA males. There were two dogs standing nearly nose to nose at their feet. The dog on the left there was circled in red with Boston Terrier over it's head. The dog on the right was also circled in red, but had a question mark over it's head. This is the dog in question, right? Even with camera that far back, the dog on the right appears to be a small dog. Probably large terrier or a large spaniel size. In other words, the dog appears to be anywhere between the 13 to 17 inches or smaller. Shiba Inu is between 13 to 17 inches, and weighs anywhere between 18 to 24 pounds as a healthy adult dog. The dog in the pic could possibly be a fully grown Shiba Inu.

You are right on that dog that I'm referring to but the tail ain't right; shiba always has long fluffy tail like husky and the picture show that this dog has very short tail so my second guess is a toy fox miniature pinscher.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I hope there are basset hounds. :) Did previous Pets expansions ever have bassets? I can't remember if Sims 3 did...
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    Really hoping we get Dalmatians and Border Terriers in Cats and dogs, I really want to add my own dogs to my games.
    I am the champion, my friend
  • Options
    utopiamoon wrote: »
    I hope we get Jack Russell terriers. They're my favorite dog breed.

I hope so too! They are such intellegent dogs!
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member

I would want a Great Dane,

But I suppose that's not possible with only two dog sizes.

Dog-Great_Dane-A_stern_looking_charcoal_grey_Great_Dane_sitting_neatly.jpg

• Options
    I hope there are basset hounds. :) Did previous Pets expansions ever have bassets? I can't remember if Sims 3 did...

I dont think they did due their strangely long body and extremely floppy ears!! They would be amazing!!!
  • Options
    Really hoping we get Dalmatians and Border Terriers in Cats and dogs, I really want to add my own dogs to my games.

I have never actually heard of a Border Terrier before unless you mean Border Collie?? Dalmations would be amazing! If there isnt a dalmation the new create a pet tool lets you paint pets meaning we can add our own unique spots to the dogs!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm another person hoping to see Westies. Beyond that, I plan to have various different households get pets so I will play with plenty of different animals including different breeds and rescues.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    I am hopeful but not expecting Papillons to make it in. I assume their ears and tails would be too difficult to make look decent with the current art style of the game.

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/35klj53lkj35.png?resize=1100x740

I may not be able to get their luxurious fur but I am sure I'll be able to create something less furry but just as adorable. <3

I've got my fingers crossed that they will be in the game. I have a sim that would be perfect for a Papillon.
    moss

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited August 2017
    Don't forget that CAP will allow us to mix and match features, so breeds that look similar can probably be made if they missed them out.

And with the CAP, you can change them from perfect pedigrees, to being less desirable. Scooby Doo, for example, is technically a Great Dane but his design was deliberately made so that he clashes with the features a good pedigree would have (bowed legs, the shape of his ears, spots on his fur, small chin - we love him but he's no looker!). Using a pedigree template would look nothing like him.

And as for Rottweilers, do you want to dock their tails and clip their ears for the dog show? It's a choice owners make. It's legal in the USA but restricted and banned in other countries, particuarly in Europe.
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member

I have never actually heard of a Border Terrier before unless you mean Border Collie?? Dalmations would be amazing! If there isnt a dalmation the new create a pet tool lets you paint pets meaning we can add our own unique spots to the dogs!
    Ahh, Border terriers and Border collies are two completely different dogs. Border Terriers are from the border of England and Scotland, so they're quite popular over here. I have one of my own, they're beautiful dogs.
    I am the champion, my friend
  • Options

Ahh, Border terriers and Border collies are two completely different dogs. Border Terriers are from the border of England and Scotland, so they're quite popular over here. I have one of my own, they're beautiful dogs.

Ohhh well thanks for the info!! I didnt actually know they were a breed until now! I just searched up some pics and they are soooooo adorable!!! <3
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    Don't forget that CAP will allow us to mix and match features, so breeds that look similar can probably be made if they missed them out.

And with the CAP, you can change them from perfect pedigrees, to being less desirable. Scooby Doo, for example, is technically a Great Dane but his design was deliberately made so that he clashes with the features a good pedigree would have (bowed legs, the shape of his ears, spots on his fur, small chin - we love him but he's no looker!). Using a pedigree template would look nothing like him.

And as for Rottweilers, do you want to dock their tails and clip their ears for the dog show? It's a choice owners make. It's legal in the USA but restricted and banned in other countries, particuarly in Europe.

Yess! This is going to be an amazing feature, I cant wait! They say you can crossbreed dogs now too. I hope great danes have a way of possibly making them bigger then the regular large dogs, the sims 3 having a great dane and collie next to eachother were identically the same height. Although they have made only 2 sizes of dogs :(
  • Options
    marksgirl2006marksgirl2006 Posts: 87 Member
    edited August 2017
    Well l am hoping for Jack Russell's and Persian cats have both in irl.
  • Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited August 2017
    I assume they'll be CAP dogs but there's a few more breeds in the painting. Rough collie... pitbull of some sort (maybe a cane corso? I'm really awful with differentiating bulky muscled dog breeds)

DHybPupW0AMKgoE.jpg:large

Also, on SimGuruJM's twitter: It's an Ibizan made to look like Vulpes :)
    So Ibizan Hounds are included :)
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2017
    asterravos wrote: »
    I assume they'll be CAP dogs but there's a few more breeds in the painting. Rough collie... pitbull of some sort (maybe a cane corso? I'm really awful with differentiating bulky muscled dog breeds)

DHybPupW0AMKgoE.jpg:large

I think the dog in the corner with glasses could be an old English sheepdog! That's exciting. The dog right of it looks to be a rough collie and right of that could be cane corso or American staffordshire terrier. Could be wrong tho! Pretty sure the back of the head we see is a Doberman. Not sure of the left most dog. Maybe another collie or a shetlie

Also I don't think that other one from the pic is a shiba but you never know
    I would want a Great Dane,

But I suppose that's not possible with only two dog sizes.

Dog-Great_Dane-A_stern_looking_charcoal_grey_Great_Dane_sitting_neatly.jpg

Funny story, I work with dogs and we have a regular client that brings what we call a "toy Great Dane" because she's full grown but the same size as a large lab. Her sister could be mistaken for a horse though haha