Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FULL LIST OF CAT AND DOG BREEDS IN THE SIMS 4 CATS AND DOGS!!

Comments

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    There are more breeds in the new render, I believe
  • Options
    HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    Helkkuli wrote: »
    Is pembroke welsh corgi missing from that list or did I really only saw cardigan? On sims 2 both corgi breeds where missing but on sims 3 they where both present and since pembroke is the more popular one they will surely add it if they add cardigan.

Im sure there will be pembrokes too! I only put the cardigan because thats what i saw (corgis with tails) hopefully they will be included!!! I love pembrokes!!

To me the corgi on trailer looked like Pembroke but it might be just becouse in my country they don't allow to dock (I can't remember if that's the right word but I mean cut off) tails so I mostly see Pembrokes with tails too and other features looked like Pembroke to me. Pembrokes tend to have more softer features than Cardigans. All though at this point I guess there are no evidence so we all are just guessing.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Is pembroke welsh corgi missing from that list or did I really only saw cardigan? On sims 2 both corgi breeds where missing but on sims 3 they where both present and since pembroke is the more popular one they will surely add it if they add cardigan.

Im sure there will be pembrokes too! I only put the cardigan because thats what i saw (corgis with tails) hopefully they will be included!!! I love pembrokes!!

To me the corgi on trailer looked like Pembroke but it might be just becouse in my country they don't allow to dock (I can't remember if that's the right word but I mean cut off) tails so I mostly see Pembrokes with tails too and other features looked like Pembroke to me. Pembrokes tend to have more softer features than Cardigans. All though at this point I guess there are no evidence so we all are just guessing.

dock is the right word, unfortunately one of my dogs has her tail docked, she got it done by her first owners before the ban came in, luckily she was rescued from the flat she used to live in though
  • Options
    ChangkraChangkra Posts: 165 Member
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    I would love it if Australian Silky Terriers are included

My dog is an Australian Terrier but unfortunately his dears dropped, but we love him all the more for it
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Yeah that does look like an old english sheepdog! I'd say it's a safe bet.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    edited September 2017
    I was hoping that there would be more breeds of cats than only about 6 or so. From the info so far, all the cats are the same size. That leaves out being able to create some breeds that are medium or large.

I was hoping we could make some of these:

Maine 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    Abyssinian
    American Bobtail
    Ocicat
    Egyptian Mau
    Savannah
    Pixie Bob (RIP sweet Hunter)
    Toyger
    Some of these breeds are as big as medium sized dogs an very unique, but if the cats are all regular breed size, then this is limiting. Plus some of these breeds can be leashed trained and enjoy taking walks (Hunter loved it)

The word C O O N is centered?
  • Options
    Yes, it's censored although I'd consider it a dated vulgarity. Cats might all essentially be the same size but there are weight/muscle sliders apparently? That should affect how big they look plus I'm sure their level of fluff will make them look bigger too. Might not be exactly what you want but I think large kitties will look decently with the tools at hand.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    The picture for the Sims 4 Anniversary actually contains a mid-sized St Bernard, if bulk is any guess and the mid-sized Corgi. The St Bernard is actually a pretty reasonable size for its breed - the bulk of the dog adds to it - so if that's the top size of dog, then that's a pretty good indication for those of us who want big dogs.

Most Danes are still bigger than that, but it's looking promising.

I think there are a lot of breeds of cats, but they vary less in appearance anyway. They'll have at least as many as Sims 3, though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    That was not a st bernard
  • Options
    SaruiSarui Posts: 4 New Member
    Any info on german shorthaired pointers and weimaraners? In the Sims 3 we had them, I so so wish that we will have them here as well :)
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    *Siamese *Have not seen it but come on, who doesn't want a cross eyed cat ;P*
    Not sure what you mean by this. I have owned both pure-breed Siamese and Colorpoint Shorthairs:a variation or separate breed depending on who you ask of the Siamese, and have never had a cross-eyed cat. This was a error in the breeding and has for the most part been breed out of pure-breed Siamese at this point.

"The optic chiasm has abnormal uncrossed wiring; many early Siamese were cross-eyed to compensate, but like the kinked tails, the crossed eyes have been seen as a fault and due to selective breeding the trait is far less common today"
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I'm hoping there's Lhasa Apsos, I've got two and I had two of them and I'd love to recreate them.
  • Options
    tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    I'm excited for all the breeds, but oh man I really really want to be able to have dachshunds!!
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Cats don't look the same O.o

That's like saying every dog looks the same. Cats come in all shapes and sizes, all have different facial structures just like dogs.

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited September 2017
    What about "Dachshund"? Will they be in the game? Will we be able to make them?
    file_23020_dachshund-dog-breed.jpg
  • Options
    Hard to say but if it's relatively popular, I'm sure it'll be in the game. If not, other users will likely craft up their own versions with CAP. We'll have to see what they've got for us once the embargo is ended!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    alimafionalimafion Posts: 81 Member
    I hope they have Irish Red Setters included in the dog breeds! [img]https://en.working-dog.com/static/images/race/27.jpg?v=4[/img]
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    Is there a possibility that you can make a long haired dog? Because I know that I can make a Maltese if there will be. You said Yorkie, aren't they long haired dogs? We need long silkier hair for our long haired breeds. Another question, how many sizes of dog's and cats will there be, I believe 3 sizes would be sufficient to represent all breeds.
    10d8dfq.jpg
  • Options
    HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

It might also be a Bearded collie.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • Options
    @Judiland there's only two sizes of adult dogs. as for the long hair, I know there's a decent looking texture for the afghans. a Maltese might use the same. there could also be a variety of other textures just as suitable. Hard to know until we see the CAP firsthand.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    There is long hair (source). This tweet also confirms Lhasa Apsos and Malteses.
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Does anyone know if there will be schnauzers?
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Judiland there's only two sizes of adult dogs. as for the long hair, I know there's a decent looking texture for the afghans. a Maltese might use the same. there could also be a variety of other textures just as suitable. Hard to know until we see the CAP firsthand.
    Thank You littlemissgogo I appreciate your time . o:)