Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR ball-pit, I mean stuff pack review

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I still don't think the ball pit is that bad.

:o:smirk:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2017
    You really don't even notice it when you're playing, people are making a mountain out of a molehill. :confused:

35945458524_1f3d831c93_b.jpg
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    You really don't even notice it when you're playing, people are making a muntain out of a molehill. :confused:

Is that trying to like make round objects out of octagonal objects as seen in this pit? Notice the ball rug, is it balls or is it a rug the toddler has sunk down in?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Oh, that ball pit. OTOH, I want the playdate event. But that and the few CAS items are the only things I'll be using I'm fairly sure. *sigh* I don't know whether to get it or just wait for a sale. I didn't get the fitness SP either, though -- gone are the days when I buy everything sims I suppose.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Ah, good old LGR. I assume people at EA don't take themselves too seriously if they still send him free copies of every DLC :D
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    And you people still bought it, didn't you?

Well since I wanted it, yes of course I bought it, why wouldn't I?
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited August 2017
    Honestly my first reaction to the ball pit was pure shock. Then I got a bit angry because of the gall of EA to think that's an acceptable standard for an object in a sims game. Then I was laughing because it's so ridiculous. EA must be blind to their own process because they're even using the darn thing to promote the pack. If I were them I'd hide it and try not to mention it as much as possible. Now every time I see the thing, I'm like "omg look at the thing! :D:D:D:D " Because honestly this will go down as one of the most embarrassing objects in Sim history.

Clint makes me laugh so hard the way he says it though. Sometimes you just have to see the humor in the disaster. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I really, hate this.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Honestly my first reaction to the ball pit was pure shock. Then I got a bit angry because of the gall of EA to think that's an acceptable standard for an object in a sims game. Then I was laughing because it's so ridiculous. EA must be blind to their own process because they're even using the darn thing to promote the pack. If I were them I'd hide it and try not to mention it as much as possible. Now every time I see the thing, I'm like "omg look at the thing! :D:D:D:D " Because honestly this will go down as one of the most embarrassing objects in Sim history.

Clint makes me laugh so hard the way he says it though. Sometimes you just have to see the humor in the disaster. :D

I agree that this is an extremely embarrassing object for the EA to actually put in and deliver to simmers. I actually consider it a slap in the face to the fans. They would have been better off to scratch the object if that is the best they can do. :(
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I am not buying this pack at full price (nor the laundry pack). I will wait for them to go on sale. Nothing I have seen in this pack compels me to buy it.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I didn't have to watch LGR's review I figured it out that it would be a waste of money even if it goes on sale I won't be buying it. I have to agree with LGR the pit to me looks dumb. I would have preferred a toddler swing or something. The clothes I can get from any CC site and they are just as good looking if not better. Seems like they are getting bored with the creations for Sims 4 really nothing is coming out that is any good let us hope Pet's is better.
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    edited August 2017
    I was pretty excited for this pack at first, because I love toddlers. But that Ball pit is pretty lack luster. It looks like something found in Sims 2. I think Sim Supply said it right when he said it should have been a sandbox. Don't get me wrong, the animations are cute, but eh. I'm gonna get it because the jungle gym and CAS items are adorable, but this isn't a must get for me like the Kids stuff pack. This is a wait for a sale pack for me. Also, disappointed they didn't add more furniture for the kids. Like the toddlers only have 3 beds. Just my two cents.
    KD17NIR
    Also this is a modded Ball pit. Not great, but I mean they tried to make it 3D. Maybe EA should've made the pit smaller? Got a higher resolution texture? I dunno.
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    I was pretty excited for this pack at first, because I love toddlers. But that Ball pit is pretty lack luster. It looks like something found in Sims 2. I think Sim Supply said it right when he said it should have been a sandbox. Don't get me wrong, the animations are cute, but eh. I'm gonna get it because the jungle gym and CAS items are adorable, but this isn't a must get for me like the Kids stuff pack. This is a wait for a sale pack for me. Also, disappointed they didn't add more furniture for the kids. Like the toddlers only have 3 beds. Just my two cents.
    KD17NIR
    Also this is a modded Ball pit. Not great, but I mean they tried to make it 3D. Maybe EA should've made the pit smaller? Got a higher resolution texture? I dunno.

Agreed, I feel like Kids Room came with so many more objects and CAS items than Toddler Stuff, which is why I'm disappointed. I was excited for this originally too though so I'll be waiting for a sale as well.
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Wow people are overreacting to this ball pit way too much. To me it's looking fine, you can't really expect all balls to be 3D and you really don't notice it while playing unless you like searching for flaws instead of enjoying stuff. As for the review itself, one more lazy review by LGR. You can expect his pets review to be like that too. He clearly dislikes TS4 and is forcing himself to do these reviews because it's the most viewed type of video he does and he wants the money.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,553 Member
    I enjoyed the review, as I do with LGR most of the time. I did buy the pack, it being only £7.99. But I have four disappointments so far...

1) the dreaded ball pit (yes, that is highly embarrassing, on a par with the ultra-cringeworthy GT announcement at Gamescom 2015)
    2) There are very few interactions which other sims can do whilst the toddlers are using the new equipment
    3) The disproportionate lack of boy toddler clothing and hair compared to the girl toddlers
    4) no new pjs
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited August 2017
    I dislike this guy. I don't think he likes sims 4 at all, so why keep reviewing it to keep saying negative things? I dont think his opinion is valid anyway, because of his obvious bias. I wouldnt be surprised if this dude never even plays this game, he just reviews it because of the money he makes on you tube. I saw everything that came with this pack and it is a nice addition for family players. He's a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    You really don't even notice it when you're playing, people are making a muntain out of a molehill. :confused:

You are being sarcastic, right?

So you'll be passing on this one?
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I dislike this guy. I don't think he likes sims 4 at all, so why keep reviewing it to keep saying negative things? I dont think his opinion is valid anyway, because of his obvious bias. I wouldnt be surprised if this dude never even plays this game, he just reviews it because of the money he makes on you tube. I saw everything that came with this pack and it is a nice addition for family players. He's a plum.

He does like the sims. He feels like the group of simmers who are dissapointed on what ts4 has become.
    Simulator4 wrote: »

Idk yet. Probably not, I love CAS and it's like 7 bucks for me. But idk. I usually buy them right away , but I still haven't bought this one. I will need more swatches so I'm hoping for cc creators to get working on that. Still I'm just buying out of boredom, i don't play with toddlers much ... but I love the pillows and grill.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Hey, does anyone know when it will be available on amazon?
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    I dislike this guy. I don't think he likes sims 4 at all, so why keep reviewing it to keep saying negative things? I dont think his opinion is valid anyway, because of his obvious bias. I wouldnt be surprised if this dude never even plays this game, he just reviews it because of the money he makes on you tube. I saw everything that came with this pack and it is a nice addition for family players. He's a plum.

He does like the sims. He feels like the group of simmers who are dissapointed on what ts4 has become.

Idk yet. Probably not, I love CAS and it's like 7 bucks for me. But idk. I usually buy them right away , but I still haven't bought this one. I will need more swatches so I'm hoping for cc creators to get working on that. Still I'm just buying out of boredom, i don't play with toddlers much ... but I love the pillows and grill.

I like what Ts4 has become. And if he doesnt like the game maybe its time to move on??? If he's not into family play he would not appreciate the toddler pack .Maybe he doesnt care that people have been requesting more stuff for them.

• Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member
    And you people still bought it, didn't you?

Not me, I was done after City Living.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I am incredibly non-caring about graphics, especially in sims games, and generally speaking I LIKE how Sims 4 looks. But this ball pit is the lowest piece of plum laziness I have ever seen and I simply cannot forgive it. I am not expecting them to have rendered every ball, but SURELY they could have faked it better than this. Or heck, made it a kids pool! The animation is already WATER. Anyway I'm done ranting. The review was funny and I'm still likely to get the pack on sale
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »

I like what Ts4 has become. And if he doesnt like the game maybe its time to move on??? If he's not into family play he would not appreciate the toddler pack .Maybe he doesnt care that people have been requesting more stuff for them.

Alot of people love sims but don't like what Sims 4 has become - we still have a right to express our opinions and even more so have a right to hope for a better game. It's very rude to suggest people 'move on' just because they have a different opinion than you. Happy fans are not the only ones that count. Also LGR clearly loves Sims 4 toddlers - even in this review he says they're the best ever made in Sims.

LGR may not love family play (I'm not sure if that is true though), but me personally LOVE family play, and I just can't buy this pack right now because of the horrible decision they made with the ball pit. That's NOT my fault. I might get it at a later state because it has some nice hairs and stuff. But I am hoping that they release a patch that makes the ball pit less horrendous.

Honestly it baffles me how you can just dismiss other simmers opinions like you do. I am happy for you that you are enjoying the game - I wish I could too. I just can't right now. Moving on doesn't mean that one has to be silent about the game at all. Our voices are just as important as simmers that love every aspect of the game. Thank you.

He's biased. He's anti-Sims 4.People who dont like sims 4 arent more important either. I think LGR is not a sims player at all.I think he does it for the money. And if he doesn't care about family play, then of course he cant be counted on to give a fair review of how much this pack fills in the gaps with toddlers.I do not like CC. Most of the CC hair and clothing is not to my liking.

But toddlers were also lacking play equipment, which this packs solves that problem. So if this review is negative, then its because he can't be counted on for a fair review, imo <3