Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the point of a sack lunch - if any at all?

Comments

• Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    nani wrote: »
    i found a use to the sack lunch, when i go to someone party and they do a meal, i always want to bring it home (cause i like to steal people's food i guess :D ) but since im not the one who made it i cant put the plate in my inventory, but if i put it in a sack i can put it in my inventory, and put it in the fridge when i come back.

I wonder if this works in the parks where sims leave tons of food they just grilled?
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    i found a use to the sack lunch, when i go to someone party and they do a meal, i always want to bring it home (cause i like to steal people's food i guess :D ) but since im not the one who made it i cant put the plate in my inventory, but if i put it in a sack i can put it in my inventory, and put it in the fridge when i come back.

You can also take food home from the common space picnic tables when other sims are grilling. You can take leftovers from another household's refrigerator, too. :D
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    We're starting to sound life a bunch of food hoarders in Simville.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited August 2017
    So what happens if you leave a spoiled sack lunch in a park, library, nightclub, etc?

I mean - if it is spoiled, then most Sims won't eat it. They can't throw it away as you have to unpack it to throw it away - why would a Sim unpack a spoiled sack lunch that they find lying around in the library?

Would it sit there festering for decades?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    @Paigeisin5 and @nani you can also pack your restaurant food in sack lunches when you go out to eat, so now we have doggy bags so to speak.

Tried that once. I was amused it worked. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    edited August 2017
    I find it works the best if you let Sims take it with them to an active career, retail lot they own, flee market stall, or even just for whenever your sim will be outside for a few in game hours in a place with no food.

That way you can actually make them eat it. At school or rabbit hole jobs it's very buggy, and I see no point in that because they always eat at one point during off screen school & work.

Edit: they have automatic lunch breaks so the lunch bags are actually useless there.
    But it's strange how your sim came home hungry. They should be eating at school regardless of lunch bags :s
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    And to think the sack lunch was meant for the kiddos to eat while at school. It seems we can now grab and bag food from many different places yet the kiddos aren't eating them because even Sims parents believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day so the Sims kids don't get hungry enough to eat their sack lunches. That doesn't make much sense to me. But, then again, it makes perfect sense in EA logic. Throw in a new idea geared towards kids and the rest of us are running around hoarding leftovers to save a few Simoleans. And we have to send our Sims kids to school without breakfast so they will be hungry enough to eat the lunches a Sim mom or dad took the time to prepare. I'm confused. LOL
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

I use the sack lunch to pack food from the Spice Festival sample table. :joy::joy::joy::joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I have my adult Sims eat right before work but during active jobs, they always get hungry throughout the work day. This is especially annoying at the hospital, because they magically buy things from the vending machine from across the hospital, wasting time and money. I thought packing them a sack lunch would be a good solution, but they spoil SO fast. It says 8 hours when I make it, but it always seem to spoil much faster.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I sent my sim to school with her hunger in the red and she still didn't eat it. Even though she came back home with a full hunger bar, the sack lunch was still sitting in her inventory, spoiled.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    My sims eat their sack lunch, but I never let them eat breakfast before school or work. They leave the house with yellow hunger bar.
    I make my teens to prepare their lunch sack, it builds their cooking skill.
  • Options
    This whole thing is weird.

Millions of Simmers don't feed a Sim breakfast, so that they can eat a sack lunch - because if they eat breakfast, they won't eat the sack lunch.

I demand a United Nations intervention into this fiasco.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I was excited to use the sack lunch in my gameplay, until I noticed that your Sims have to skip a meal to eat it. I find that silly and it's unrealistic, as my Sims first thought is to grab food in the morning.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    it is realistic to me, because I never eat breakfast myself.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    it is realistic to me, because I never eat breakfast myself.

It's realistic to have to skip a meal in order to eat lunch? You should be able to eat lunch regardless.
  • Options
    As a community we will work our way through this dilemma.

With international dialogue and trust we will overcome the uncertainty that sack lunches have caused.

Nation to nation, coast to coast, country to country across continents, we will overcome our sack lunch differences to be able to come to terms with a single, one-world, understanding that will bring Simmers of all nations together as one.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    @Paigeisin5 and @nani you can also pack your restaurant food in sack lunches when you go out to eat, so now we have doggy bags so to speak.

Sweet, this "doggie bag" (Pets confirmed!) thing--has anyone tried this with the Bar Food? I get those group meals and if none of my barmates respond to the Call To Meal, seven delicious servings are wasted. Unless I stay there and drink long enough to eat more. It's a thankless job, but someone has to do it!
    DeKay wrote: »
    I use the sack lunch to pack food from the Spice Festival sample table. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Man, you could get enough food for a week there if you have a fridge to store it in! Poor, broke homeless Sims--I swear--you will never be hungry again!
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    So we can pretty much deem the sack lunch to be a highly aggressive little blighter.
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    As a community we will work our way through this dilemma.

With international dialogue and trust we will overcome the uncertainty that sack lunches have caused.

Nation to nation, coast to coast, country to country across continents, we will overcome our sack lunch differences to be able to come to terms with a single, one-world, understanding that will bring Simmers of all nations together as one.

Yes, thank you, Your Excellency....perhaps we can. Until the next Patch, anyway. :joy:
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    My sims never eats it, I send my child sim to school very hungry. He came home and went to the fridge and never ate the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Just a waste
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I forget to make them, mostly. I don't play by the clock and never really have. The ONLY thing that made me focus on the Sim Clock was in Sims3, when my singer Sim had to get to his gig on time, or else. Now, I focus mostly on keeping my Sims 'happy' and their needs full. So, if it means finishing homework at midnight, sobeit. I find the little notice popping up that so and so has X amount of time before work/school isn't enough time to pack a lunch. Why on Earth it takes so long to slap together ye olde peanut butter sandwich, is simply beyond my comprehension. Now, if they had to cook the bacon for said BLT, that's another thing. But peanut butter? A seven year old can do that. My Sim may as well be conducting a full blown orchestra, for all of the effort that goes into it. LOL What, are they having to chop the nuts and from there make their own peanut butter? Or is it freshly baked bread they're slicing up? Hm? Either way, what a production they make of it. Just slap some peanut butter on a slice of bread and get over yourselves, already! Sheesh.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I had no idea sack lunches could be eaten by kids or parents at work! Personally I always pack them when the family goes for an outing to a park or other public lot, that way if they get hungry they can just eat their sack lunches instead of having to go home immediately or having to spend a bunch of money to grill when there's a ton of leftovers in the house.
  • Options
    SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    I usually make my sims make a sack lunch for their kids. They never really bothered eating it at school, I am going to guess that it was because their bars were still green. As much as I like the idea of having to prepare sack lunches for your sims, it is a real disappointment that some will not bother to eat it while they are in their rabbit hole.

There are some perks for sack lunches at least for me anyway. When I make the kids go out to a public park I would usually have to send an adult or a teenager with them. If I did not have an adult or a teen, after all of that playing the kids did, they become eventually hungry and they are basically out of luck and would have to leave the park in order to get some food.

With sack lunches I do not really have to bring teenager with them or an adult. They can go play on their own without having to depend on an adult to fix them hotdogs and hamburgers.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I want to know why there is only one measly sandwich in that bag!
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

Now that is freaking brilliant. I never would have thought of even trying to do that! Financially challenged? No problem. Grab and bag leftovers and eat for free. Genius idea. B)

Like when other sims grill stuff at the park.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited August 2017
    I noticed that when I prepared a burrito for my teenage Sim, he ate half of it before school because he was running late. I thought that instead of wasting that food by cleaning it up, I would pop it in a sack lunch and see what happens. I didn't expect him to come home with it eaten from his inventory and a happy moodlet though!
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Its such a cute idea but so disappointing. I dont even eat breakfast myself but i just cant send my sims to school or work without it, it doesnt feel right lol. Im super attached to their morning routine for some reason, complete with a huge family meal of pancakes and oj. There just wouldnt be anything to do from 6 to 8 without breakfast. I wish i somebody would make a mod so the lunches get eaten regardless of the hunger bar status.