Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the point of a sack lunch - if any at all?

I sent my teen Sim to school with the first ever sacked lunch I have ever prepared - ever.

He didn't eat it - he has a spoiled sack lunch in his inventory.

I only notice it when I told him to do his homework.

It was a BLT sandwich - I could murder a grasshopper right now for a real-life BLT and he never ate it.

How can someone not eat a BLT?

It was 'excellent' quality too!

So what's with the sack lunches? What are they for - ie are the meant to be eaten? Or do Sims have to give them away as gifts or something?

What's the story?

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited August 2017
    Wait a minute are they like stink bombs or something?

I put it on the floor and it is steaming green like a dirty toddler.

There is no option to throw it away - what do you do with them?

EDIT:
    A Sim can put the stinking, steaming, sack lunch back in their inventory or back in a fridge.
    Why?

Why take spoiled food and put it back in your inventory or put it back in the fridge?

Is this a joke?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sims are supposed to eat them when they're hungry at work or school. And they give a nice happy moodlet for it. Although there may be times when it doesn't happen.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sims are supposed to eat them when they're hungry at work or school. And they give a nice happy moodlet for it. Although there may be times when it doesn't happen.
    Why would a Sim not eat one? I just lost a BLT here - if this was real-life I would be traumatised.
  • Options
    Why can't you throw a spoiled one away?
  • Options

EDIT:
    You have to unpack it to throw it away.

Jeez! I won't bother with these things again.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    You should only send a sack lunch if the aim doesn't have a full hunger bar.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Why would a Sim not eat one? I just lost a BLT here - if this was real-life I would be traumatised.

They probably didn't get hungry enough. You can't feed them breakfast or they won't eat their packed lunch. I think it's a bit of a flaw. I think they should have programmed it that regardless if the sim had breakfast or not, once 12-1pm hits, they eat the sack lunch and get the moodlet. I hate having my sims skip meals. When they are hungry I feed them, so I rarely get to utilize the sack lunch feature in the game.
  • Options
    Wait a minute!

He has a green moodlet thing:
    Happy +2 'Packed With Love' for 5 hours for eating a sacked lunch.

He never ate it.

He just threw it in the bin.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    evidence_JPG.jpg
    ^ Evidence.

It is in the bin and he is hungry.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Probably a bug then
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Can a Sim partially eat one at school? Could he have taken a quick bite in class and then put it back in the sack?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If I don't feed my kids breakfast they eat the sack lunch. Gives them a bit more time in the mornings to get ready or build up a little Fun before going to school.

I also ran out of time to get my Sim breakfast before sending her to work, so I had her pack a sack lunch with leftover garden salad, then had her go upstairs at work (she's in the Science career) to eat it, so it saved a few Simoleons. (She's mainly in Science for the chance at more collectibles for the Curator aspiration -- her main interest right now is vampire lore because she's going to be a vampire hunter.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Teen and child Sims should be able to take a ton of sack lunches to school and sell them to other kids.

You could load them up with like dozens and sell them for $2 or something.
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    They will only eat it if they're hungry lol
  • Options
    It's a chuffing, little, sandwich not a spit-roasted hippo with all the trimmings.

Who could possibly not eat a BLT sandwich when their last meal was around 7am.

Everyone likes a little snack at lunch time. That's the whole point of school lunches.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

EDIT:
    You have to unpack it to throw it away.

Jeez! I won't bother with these things again.

You can sell them from the inventory for 0 simoleons.
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »

They probably didn't get hungry enough. You can't feed them breakfast or they won't eat their packed lunch. I think it's a bit of a flaw. I think they should have programmed it that regardless if the sim had breakfast or not, once 12-1pm hits, they eat the sack lunch and get the moodlet. I hate having my sims skip meals. When they are hungry I feed them, so I rarely get to utilize the sack lunch feature in the game.

I feel the same way. If I take the time to make this sack lunch and put it in your inventory, eat it!
  • Options
    madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    I never use the sack lunches because of this! Like, my child won't eat it unless I starve them in the mornings. What even?
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • Options
    So we can pretty much deem the sack lunch to be a highly aggressive little blighter.
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    i found a use to the sack lunch, when i go to someone party and they do a meal, i always want to bring it home (cause i like to steal people's food i guess :D ) but since im not the one who made it i cant put the plate in my inventory, but if i put it in a sack i can put it in my inventory, and put it in the fridge when i come back.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    nani wrote: »
    i found a use to the sack lunch, when i go to someone party and they do a meal, i always want to bring it home (cause i like to steal people's food i guess :D ) but since im not the one who made it i cant put the plate in my inventory, but if i put it in a sack i can put it in my inventory, and put it in the fridge when i come back.

You can do that with food from the food stands as well -- just make sure you get home and get the food in the fridge before it spoils.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    If I don't feed my kids breakfast they eat the sack lunch. Gives them a bit more time in the mornings to get ready or build up a little Fun before going to school.

I also ran out of time to get my Sim breakfast before sending her to work, so I had her pack a sack lunch with leftover garden salad, then had her go upstairs at work (she's in the Science career) to eat it, so it saved a few Simoleons. (She's mainly in Science for the chance at more collectibles for the Curator aspiration -- her main interest right now is vampire lore because she's going to be a vampire hunter.)

I haven't tried sack lunch option, but I do like the suggestion above. I play the GTW careers a lot so I think I will try this next time I send a sim to work! This makes me want to explore all the glitches of the sack lunch now lol.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2017
    Wait a minute!

He has a green moodlet thing:
    Happy +2 'Packed With Love' for 5 hours for eating a sacked lunch.

He never ate it.

He just threw it in the bin.

You automatically get the moodlet when unpacking the lunch. So, when you unpacked it to throw it away...
    I do wish that we could throw the sacks away directly instead of unpacking first. It's really, really stupid.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    nani wrote: »

Now that is freaking brilliant. I never would have thought of even trying to do that! Financially challenged? No problem. Grab and bag leftovers and eat for free. Genius idea. B)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @Paigeisin5 and @nani you can also pack your restaurant food in sack lunches when you go out to eat, so now we have doggy bags so to speak.