Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 QC Create A Room Contest ~ Challenge 85 Up due (EST) 10th December ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    edited July 2017
    The new challenge sounds good, I might find time for that :) But shouldn't name of the thread say 7th August instead of 7th July?
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    QC Room challenge no: 63

Origin ID: Okest3r_13

Level: Experienced

Gallery Name: Shuimian (Slumber)

Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/1759E42C714111E780B1291F6B257650?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=okest3r_13&max=50&maxis=false

50DcqT3.png

xXKmphx.png

P10umD8.png

zA6MkB8.png

T2PNIbn.png

Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    @Cbear13, I'm so sorry to hear you have had some health problems..I hope this new line of treatment helps. Pain is terrible, especially in the nerves. I've dealt with it for years and it really can be unbearable. Wishing you well.
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited July 2017
    The layout and furnishing of Shuiman (slumber ) looks very nice! @okester :) Very nice red and brown colour scheme of the room! The brown wall texture is calming. Very nice bed area. The red patterned bedhead wall and the cherry blossom picture on it looks very nice and pretty! The plant wall decor and flower wall cabinet are nice nature touches there. The sim will enjoy listening to the stereo music. and enjoy painting on the easel. The Asian type of lighting looks very nice in the room. Nice study desk nook for him to enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer. Very nice sofa seat sitting nook! He will enjoy relaxing there watching tv or reading a book. The pig and chicken look great there! The tapestry is a nice touch on the wall. The shoes rack, clothes shelf m hanging robe and trolley of clothes are homely touches in the room,
    The furnishing of the room is very nice :)
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow ^_^ I enjoyed added the little details in this room. I really wanted to incorporate some animals from the Chinese zodiac. Honestly there aren't a lot of Asian build/buy items in the game yet (at least not in any of the packs I have lol ) Maybe we'll get an Asian Fusion Stuff Pack at some point. I loved those sets from Sims 2 and 3.
  • Options
    Asian Red is a very nice Asian themed bedroom! @steskens :) Very nice red and white colour scheme of the room. The wall texture gives a very nice look to the room. The red columns look great how they have been placed to create an entrance pathway. The corner computer desk nook looks great! He will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer there. The blossoms are a pretty touch on the desk and bedside table , and the camera and pens look great there. The Asian fish picture looks nice on the wall. Very nice walk-in closet! The clothes cabinet and shoes rack are homely items there. It is great that a mannequin is there! . Very nice bed area. The bamboo plants look very nice placed behind the bed, between the columns to create a wall. They would be calming and restful for the sim to see whilst laying in bed. The tapestry adds a nice look to the area. It looks very nice the way that the bamboo wall separates off the bed area from the nice lounge nook. He will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching tv in front of the fire. The black candles are a nice touch on the fireplace ledge . Very nice reading nook! The red Asian type chairs look great placed either side of the bookcase. He will enjoy reading a book there.
    The layout and furnishing of the room looks very nice! :)
  • Options
    Entry Form:
    Origin ID: kimartist
    Intermediate
    Gallery Name: Asian Bedroom
    Gallery Link: Asian Male Bedroom

07_25_17_2_31_01_PM.png

07_25_17_2_28_40_PM.png

07_25_17_2_29_04_PM.png

07_25_17_2_28_46_PM.png

07_25_17_2_25_47_PM.png

More Images here

This was fun to do. It was interesting to find things that would work with this style.
    Where you see anything intersecting of overlapping, it was meant to do that this time :)

Can't wait for some feedback (good/bad) on this one.

Now I might have to design a whole house around this room...LOL

revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I really enjoyed it, I hope it's asian enough, I don't really know much about that style. It's funny how we all decided to do a red room. :D
    I added mirrors next to the door, so he can check his looks before he leaves :D and admire himself...

Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Gallery Name: Red Dream Bedroom
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E49B7A75716911E782AE2E471057C983?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lisalittlesimmer&max=50&maxis=false
    Images (2 - 6 images):

ra46mMJ.png
    NQYAbpg.png
    9rRXDGd.png
    iqaxd9X.png
    dmU3L6D.png
    JNFjPLa.png

Some items in the bed area are sticking into each other, that is on purpose and I think it still looks realistic.
    Sims can't use the stereo to dance, but I wanted to keep it there because it looks nice. I know that it's technically sticking into the table, but you can't really see that if you don't know what the object looks like. Same with the books next to the bed.

My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    The layout and furnishing of Asian Male Bedroom looks very nice! @kimartist :) Very nice red and black colour scheme of the room. The lounge area looks great! Very nice sofa and armchair sitting nook for him to enjoy relaxing there watching tv. The books and candles look great on the coffee table. and the bottles look great on the side table, to reflect that he has been having a drink. The overlapping diferent sized and coloured floor rugs looks very effective! The wall dividers with the circles in them look very nice how they have been used to separate off the bed and lounge areas. and suit the room type so very well! The Asian style wall picture hangings, Day of the Dead wall garlands and the tapestries add a very nice look to the room areas ! Very nice dressing nook! The clothes cabinet , shoes racks and clothes racks look great there. Very nice bed area! It is great that there is a desk table there for him to enjoy sitting there using the computer. He will enjoy listening to the stereo music whilst in bed. The large blossoms and the ceiling lantern lights are pretty touches there. The patterned lights wall decor on the bedhead wall looks great! The Asian themed floor rug under the bed adds a great look to the area!
    It is a very nice Asian themed bedroom ! :)
  • Options
    It looks like we are all enjoying this room challenge.

@okester, I love your choices of the wall coverings in your bedroom. Very nicely designed together, they compliment each other so well. I love your reading nook area. Your room is very nice.

@steskens I love the red and white together. I absolutely love the use of the columns and bamboo. Nicely done.

@lisalittlesimmer Your entryway idea to the bedroom was great. I love the division you put in for all the sections. The closet is great. Good idea to add windows considering that it is an apartment. I never even thought of doing that.

@rosemow, thank you for all your kind comments. This was a blast to do.
    revisedsig2.png

• Options
    great rooms so far!
    @kimartist Thank you! I can't live without windows, I usually put way to much windows in my builds :D
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    The red and white colour scheme and the furnisjung of Red Dream Bedroom looks very nice! @lisalittlesimmer :) Very nice layout of the room! The corner dressing and vanity table nook looks great! The curtained entrance to it looks nice. The shoes and clothes racks look great there, and the toiletries and hair dryer are great touches on the vanity. The Asian style wall hanging and picture suit the room type well! The bamboo is a nice touch there. He will like checking his appearance in the mirror after getting dressed. The Asian style patterned floor rug adds to the great look of the nook. The patterned lights wall decor look very nice on the walls either sides of the entrance to the dressing area, The bed area is very nice! It looks very nice how the bed has been placed there in the corner nook. The curtains look very nice on the windows. He will enjoy waking up to sunshine coming in through the windows. The bedhead wall lights and the red ceiling light are very nice types of lighting. He will enjoy sitting on the chair or the stool having a drink from the globe bar and reading a book. The Asian style wall picures look great in the room! He will enjoy listening to radio music in his bedroom. The candle is a pretty touch on the table with the music player. Very nice study desk area! He will enjoy sitting on the stool using the computer. The red blossoms and the cherry blossoms wall picture are pretty for him to enjoy seeing when sitting there. The Asian style floor rug there looks nice and suits the room well! The bamboo is a nice calming touch. Very nice red sofa and white stools sitting area for him to enjoy relaxing there watching tv.
    The design of the room looks very nice! :)
  • Options
    @kimartist @lisalittlesimmer @steskens I love all of your rooms! So modern, yet at the same time very traditional. And I'm super jelly of all the Asian-themed decor you've all used, probably came with City Living if I had to guess lol
  • Options
    @okester yes, all from city living :D I was so impressed when I saw your room didn't have anything from it. I wouldn't have been able to do this room without all that stuff!
    @rosemow thank you for your nice review!
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    @steskens Spa Day has Asian-themed stuff, too?!?!? O.O I really need to get it, and City Living xD

@lisalittlesimmer Thank you! It certainly would've been easier with those extra items though lol A while back I built a modern Asian fusion home and at first had no idea of what sort of decor I could use, so I thought about what I had used then and incorporated some of it into this challenge.
  • Options
    steskens wrote: »
    okester wrote: »
    @kimartist @lisalittlesimmer @steskens I love all of your rooms! So modern, yet at the same time very traditional. And I'm super jelly of all the Asian-themed decor you've all used, probably came with City Living if I had to guess lol

Most of the items I've used are from Spa Day :smile:

Oh my, I'm sure it does contain things from city living and spa day @okester , but I couldn't tell you. I own almost everything except Luxury and Spooky. I never look at what set it comes in. I'm glad @lisalittlesimmer and @steskens know what set they are in. Sorry I'm no help there. :o
    revisedsig2.png

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited July 2017
    Awesome Asian bedrooms, everyone B)! Here's mine:

Entry Form:
    Origin ID: cat315118
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: intermediate
    Gallery Name: Chinese Bamboo Panda
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/FF553124719411E783C92E471057C983?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cat315118&max=50&maxis=false
    WOrr7Zq.jpg
    bird's eye view of the room and with walk-in closet
    2aOWR0U.jpg
    bird's eye view of the closet, and the rest of the room
    fD8jjgy.jpg
    time to watch TV in the bamboo TV nook with his new girlfriend
    KUvcWNy.jpg
    Some of his decorations, all of which remind him of China.
    REOluo6.jpg
    more of his decorations and his panda chair
    Quv0xMk.jpg
    bedtime for both Sims in bamboo canopy bed

Notes:
    1. I used 2 different stone wall coverings to represent the Great Wall of China.
    2. I placed a panda bear chair (as an extra seat) for the Sim to view the art in that corner of the room.
    3. I don't think that the Sim is the type of guy to want his athletic clothes on display (he enjoys yoga and meditating --- even in his closet. Therefore, he put them in his dresser, and they don't show. Only his stylish clothes can be seen in his closet.
    4. This Sim is very neat. Therefore, there isn't any true clutter, but plenty of decorations on the walls and floor, etc. However, there is a bottle of men's cologne atop his dresser in his walk-in closet.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The design and furnishing of Chinese Bamboo Panda looks very nice! @coolsim9999999 :) The stone wall textures to reflect the Great Wall of China is a great idea. The wall street art, tapestries, pictures,signages and wall decor in the room to remind him of China looks great! He will enjoy sitting on the panda chair looking at the artwork. The circular floral floor sculpture looks very nice in the room! The zen decor item is a nice touch on the table. Very nice walk in closet area! The clothes and shoes racks look great there! The bamboo plants are nice calming touches on either sides of the closet entrance. The row of Asian type wall lights look very nice on the wall. Very nice mosaic floor tiling! The red Asian type ceiling lights look pretty through the room areas. Very nice red sofa seat sitting nook. It looks nice the way that the bamboo separates it off. The sim will enjoy resting there watching tv. The colourful bird tapestry looks nice on the wall. The yin yan floor rug is a nice touch. The bamboo texture of the bed suits the Asian room theme. The floor rug under the bed adds to the nice look of the room. The sim will enjoy doing yoga in his bedroom.
    It is a very nice Asian themed bedroom! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your great, detailed review of my room @rosemow <3! I'm glad that you liked all of the decorations that I chose B)! The rug under the bed was the first thing I chose, and it set the tone for the room. I'm happy that you noticed how the bamboo behind the loveseat makes the area into more of a nook and that you liked how I used stone to represent the Great Wall of China :D! I really wanted him to feel at home in his new home :).
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    This is my first entry with QC! I hope it scores well!
    Origin ID: amyybugg14
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Gallery Name: Chinese-Inspired Bedroom
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/32DEFB7371A911E783E9C13EA108331C?category=rooms&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=QCRooms63&max=50&maxis=false
    35777025190_d3a5dfcde8_b.jpg
    36001867002_1309f8a4cc_b.jpg
    35777022540_f78f4dd91e_b.jpg
    35777024230_f8272cc46f_b.jpg
    36001870512_b137ab3c91_b.jpg
    35777024680_4d1b99346f_b.jpg
  • Options
    Really nice @coolsim9999999 unique layout
    revisedsig2.png

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Thank you very much @kimartist B)! I'm really glad you like the layout :D!

I really like the decorations you used, especially 2 stacked rugs the fire club flag, the lighting and the Dine out dividers B)! Nice closet, as well :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The design and layout of Chinese -inspired Bedroom looks very nice! @amyybugg92 :) The different areas of the room look great! Very nice bed and study desk area! The patterned wall and the curtains on it looks very nice separating off the area. The candles on the bedside tables are calming touches . The sim will enjoy sitting at the study desk using the computer , and looking at the items on the wal. The food photos, his diploma, the flowers cabinet and the pictures are great touches on the wall,and the books look great on the desk. Very nice corner nook with the restful green plants for him to look to enjoy seeing. The plants are a nice touch on the desk side table also. It is a very nice lightfilled bedroom. The sim will enjoy the morning sunlight coming into the bedroom. Very nice sofa seat sitting nook on the other side of the bed area for the sim to enjoy resting there watching tv. He will have fun playing console games there also! The yellow flowers on the tv table and the bamboo plants either sides are very nice for him to see as he sits there. The yellow sofa is sunny! The small wall lights in the room look great! The brick wall texture looks nice. Very nice dressing nook! The clothes racks look great there! He will like checking his appearance in the mirror there! The wall picture there and the large picture on the side wall in the room look very nice!
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! :)
  • Options
    9hIVXFk.jpg
    my roof to my room "Chinese Bamboo Panda"
    I'm really excited about doing this roof, so this photo is just for fun :DB);)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top