Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    I'll post my pictures before I start playing for today. I have opened by game and got a surprise - but it will be in the last picture of this series.
    Imogen was reading her recipes and fishing books. Her list was queued and it was a long list.

I noticed her walking - I wondered what she was up to and, on investigation, she was off to take some kind of photo together. It wasn't a romantic photo but I can't remember what type of photo it was. I'd never come across it before and am still wondering if I was dreaming it. Here are the two screen shots I got of what happened.

Imogen_And_Shirley001.jpg

Imogen_And_Shirley002.jpg

Then she went back to reading her books.

I checked, just to make sure, and Imogen and Shirley are not romantic interests, not even friends. They are merely acquaintances.

A little later I found this group at the dining table downstairs near the kitchen.
    Fern_Celeste_Bart_Imogen001.jpg
    They are Fern, Celeste, Bart and Imogen.

Celeste needed to work on her painting skill. I wanted her to use the usual easel. There are two (side by side) easels in the usual location, but I discovered Phil had started two paintings. I didn't want to scrap one of them so had to find another easel for Celeste to use.

Fortunately it is still Summer in the game and this easel was on a landing above the new room I built recentely - the room with the chess table in it.
    Celeste_Gils_Carbo002.jpg

She did an interesting little painting I don't remember having seen before. It looks like it has a clock or a compass in it.

I sent Phil to complete the partly done paintings.
    Phil_Annan008.jpg

Toddlers are getting to know Diana.
    Dayna_Lydell_Stephanie_Diana001.jpg
    This group is Dayna, Lydell, Stephanie and Diana. Diana has already made friends with Dayna and Lydell.

I'm in the process of verifying Lydell, Gloria and Stephanie have learned all of their toddler skills and read their books. I found each of them had to complete blocks or xylophone. Once that's done and they've all become friends with Diana I'll send all three of them home. Then the new children can join the household.

Bert and Dayna will have to stay until their mother, Imogen, has finished reading her books. Then I'll send them all home to the house I built for them earlier. Unfortunately one of the locals has moved into it while they've been at the boarding school. I'll evict him and move him into a different house as there are a few empty houses available in town. I thought of taking out the fridge or something before moving Imogen and her toddlers into the boarding school - then decided it would be easier to kick out any Sims that might move into it while they were away from home.

Lydell_Stephanie_Diana001.jpg
    This is Lydell, Stephanie and Diana.

Fern was reading at the dining room table. It was the wee small hours of the morning. Suddenly she stopped reading.
    Fern001.jpg

This is why you need to check when a Sim appears to have finished reading a book you've told them to read.

They can be interrupted by the game and stop reading mid way through it.

I find toddlers do this all the time and their toddler books are often left unread as they stop reading about one or two seconds before they finish the book and they don't get any credit for reading most of it and then they miss out of you being able to choose a trait for them when they are up and you are confused because they read all their books. But they didn't because they just almost read all of their books.

That's why I always try to remember to check before allowing toddlers to age up.

Anyway I wondered why Fern suddenly stopped reading. The green bar above her head was only half way compete.

So I watched her and this is what I saw....

She went outdoors to gaze up into the sky...
    Fern002.jpg

I wonder why...

Uh Oh... Aliens ... Help ... Alien abduction in progress...
    Alien001.jpg

Alien_And_Fern001.jpg

Alien_And_Fern002.jpg

Fern doesn't seem to be very happy.
    Fern003.jpg

After her abduction Fern needed to console herself and went to the toybox to play with her favourite dinosaur toy.
    Stephanie_Diana_Lydell_Fern001.jpg

Stephanie_Diana_Lydell_Fern002.jpg

Lydell hadn't finished learning his xylophone skill and I'd had him completing it.
    Stephanie_Diana_Lydell_Fern003.jpg

After Lydell learned all he needed to know about the xylophone I had him walk over to the peg box to see if he'd finished with it.
    Stephanie_Diana_Lydell_Fern004.jpg

Celecte walked by as I discovered Lydell had, in fact, learned his peg box. He could now continue with his logic, handiness and charisma skill development in the walker or playpen until it was time to send him home. That will happen when Gloria and Stephanie have become friends with Diana as I'm sending all three of them home at the same time, even though they come from two different households.

Stephanie_Diana_Lydell_Fern_Celeste001.jpg
    Stephanid, Diana, Lydell, Fern and Celeste.

Lydell_Gloria_Diana_Stephanie001.jpg
    Lydell, Gloria, DIana and Stephanie.

I wondered what had made Bart stop practicing chess. He needs to get to level 10 in logic. When he walked by here, I checked and discovered, not only had he managed to get to level 10 in logic, but he'd completed his lifetime wish. I bought him the No Bills ever lifetime reward. He almost had enough for Long Distance Friend. I noticed his lifetime happiness points were rolling over rather fast so I decided to wait until he got the extra few points.

Bert_Diana_Gloria_Fern_Lydell_Bart001.jpg
    Bert Diana, Gloria, Fern, Lydell and Bart.

Celeste had finished her painting out on the landing. Phil had finished his painting on the easel indoors so I hung it on the wall and sent Celeste to paint on the now vacant indoor easel.
    Celeste_Gils_Carbo003.jpg

The small painting on the left of this screenshot is the one she painted outdoors. It looks a bit like a clock or a compass to me. Probably a compass. The medium painting of the three trees is by Celeste too. Phil did the painting of the mountain.
    Celeste_Gils_Carbo004.jpg

Shirely got busy planting the seeds she'd collected earlier at the community garden.
    Shirley002.jpg

She planted the unknown seeds in the tree garden. She can move any short plants to another part of the garden later when she can identify what they are. The trees will need to be spread out too once they have been identified.

I liked this painting Celeste is currently working on. The other paintings in this screenshot are all by Phil.
    Celeste_Gils_Carbo005.jpg

I sent Fern outdoors to catch some insects and pick up some gems and metals. She put the insects into the Bug Lover's Display Case. Here she is putting gems and metals away in Alister's Antique Alchemy Cabinet.
    Fern004.jpg

Celeste still working on her street scene. You can see her trees and her red bird painting on the left and Phil's mountain painting as well.
    Celeste_Gils_Carbo006.jpg

When I opened the game, as it rendered I saw a white dog near Bart. I assumed it was their dog and still hadn't rendered yet. On closer inspection I discovered Bard was enjoying the company of a stray dog I haven't seen in their household before. Maybe I should add it to the household too - but not if it is going to make the game harder to manage.
    Bart_Inkbeard006.jpg

Bart can go home once his books are all read. He's got all the skills he needs now and he's completed his lifetime wish.

Happy Simiming.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2017
    Family as of last play session :) I had to change the wall colour because Lotta was almost invisible.
    35707747660_ea22ed88f9_b.jpg
    35707745930_81a5f4888a_b.jpg
    35289626233_8d0e7df674_b.jpg
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @Karritz -- Indeed. :)
    Though I always stay with one active family, and never switch to any of the others in town. But it's still nice to see what SP is doing with everyone. I do kind of feel invested, even if they act completely without my control. I really do hope they stick with each other this time.

@Mikezumi -- Haha, me too! Whenever I see one of the notices pop up, I go, ooh! what is it now? Though half the time they are more benign ones, like kids doing their homework. :lol:
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @CravenLestat -It's time for FLickr to host your pictures as they're actually a photo sharing site.
    @aricarai -I've been there before when my internet went down and was unreliable for a few days.It can be done in Master COntroller or Easy CASPEditor if you're on the 167 patch.
    @Namaya92 -I'll likely do that and it will end up on my blog as a story.Great update!
    @Littledreamer1994 -Great update!It looks like some trait editing is needed and Mods are needed for that.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.
    @OriginalMara -Great update!I hope that dosen't happen again.I also love the Nraas Mod version of story progression because I have to be story progression in my games and can make things happen to inactives in story progression mode.
    @king_of_simcity7 -That's great!
    @Mikezumi -Thanks for the comment.It's for both swimming and fishing.Great pictures!
    @lisasc360 -Thanks for your comment.
    @Karritz -Great update!
    Here's my Sunset Valley2 update below.
    Salisbury Beach,Massachusetts-Under Construction.
    Floors got installed in the new library.
    36056667606_35d9bf2f4f_z.jpg
    I added some floor tiles to roof the library buildings over.
    36056662716_92b78b6a56_z.jpg
    A staircase to the basement was installed.
    36056658046_345f0d18db_z.jpg
    Here's the staircase in the basement.
    35257485814_6ae7c44007_z.jpg
    Here's the construction progress so far.
    35257480834_e4307e64f8_z.jpg
    Here's how the buildings look with the roof covers added to them.
    35927558922_335307190a_z.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    lots of drinking and listening to music.
  • Options
    Littledreamer1994Littledreamer1994 Posts: 232 Member
    @TadOlson Thank you for the feedback, what mods do you mean. But regarding mods and whatnot I don't tend to rely on them.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Karritz, @Mikezumi and @TadOlson Thanks for the comment on my new camera :smile: It is set up to my phone so I can watch my room when I'm not even there :smiley:

Anyway I might try another world later. Any suggestions?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    Clark and Odessa have had their first grandchild! Their son Alan, who recently married and moved away, had a daughter named Michelle. I haven't had the household visit the new parents yet.

Wow - what all packs do you have?? Is this TS3 or TS4?

@ayekantspeylgud , this is my TS3 game. I have all packs except for Supernatural and Into the Future, but pretty much everything seen in my post was base game, Generations or Seasons content. I'm a little surprised by this question because, compared to other posts in this thread, I didn't think my update was so exciting!

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Mikezumi Great updates as usual anymore bbies? I have not gone back all the pages during my
    vacation.

@PalmArrow Great update

Great updates everyone.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Nice pictures of Sims and ghost Sims :smile: Good to see some diversity in the game lol

@CravenLestat Will check your video out when I get home later :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @CravenLestat I watched your video earlier and awesomed it :) Not for the girls but for your wonderful patterns :) I still stand by my opinion that Lucretia looks like a pit bull LOL
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited July 2017
    @aricarai Sorry, not sure how to do that. Hopefully someone else will know.

@Littledreamer1994 I enjoyed the update. The girls are pretty aged up. Still got that conflict going. :)

@OriginalMara Glad you hear you've caught back up. Hope no more glitches. :)

@king_of_simcity7 looks big! :)

@PalmArrow Congrats to your sims on the new grandbaby.

@ayekantspeylgud Most of us in this thread are TS3. Sounds like you are having fun in your game.

@lisasc360 The new recreational things sound like fun. Hope you have testing it. :)

@Karritz Congrats on the success of the boarding school and some of the kids are 'graduating'. When I saw her stop reading photo that was my first though....abduction and yep, was right. I've seen that face so many times. :unamused: Drives me bonkers if I really don't want an abduction at that moment. I've learned I can stop it with the debug commands, but, sometimes I'll just go with the flow and let it happen.

@TadOlson Great update on the construction process.

@king_of_simcity7 @flstrider has some really nice worlds. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817305/flstriders-worlds-thread-not-many-but-tired-of-trying-to-find-the-links-lol/p1 He used photoIwantyourmoneybucket, so pics are gone :(, but, I've played in several and built in several of his 'build' worlds. Some of his were too big for my puter, but, I still have them to play when I get my new one. I know you already know about @Rflong7's and her's are awesome too.

@Mikezumi That looks like a really nice painting that Tristam is working on. I usually like critter pics. :) Beau and Boronia look so cute together. :)
    The kids are so cute playing the court and car games as well as scaring dad. Did you ever get the boys transferred? I hope they didn't have to go on 'hiatus' like some of my families have. lololol 're your Lucretia comment.

@CravenLestat Loved the fashion show! Some of the patterns looked a bit familiar. My eyes are really bad right now though so hopefully I can see them better when you post the links. Is the fashion show strut something you downloaded?

@Karritz Gnome question for ya. My main sim in my game Victor, dug up several gnomes while using the miner machine, and I renamed them cause I didn't like their original names. I've been rotating between the vampire family and my new werewolf using a caste to keep them from doing anything Stu..pid while I'm not controlling them. While playing my werewolf, the first two gnomes that I renamed to Stan and Elvis showed up on his lot.....dead. I put them in Adams' buy inventory so I could return them at some point to Victor's lot to make a cemetery for them. While I was playing the werewolf a few days later a third gnome showed up dead on his lot. :( Should be two more live ones on Victor's lot and will check today. Have you ever seen that when you rotated families? I assume it it just another glitch, but, those gnomes don't belong to Adam, but to Victor!! I'm assuming I can put them back on Victors lot. I saved the third one in Adam's buy inventory too. I think I can transfer them with MC.
  • Options
    @bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I have opened my other save several times and even partially packed the town a couple of times but then backed out because it was so daunting! I don't want to lose any of the family trees so I want to be very careful that I make lots of redundancies. I will get there and know that it is doable but still a little intimidating :#
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Wow, I have a lot to catch up on! I figured now would be a good time to do so since I just finished eating a very sweet from scratch cupcake.

@Namaya92 , Thank you for the kind comments, I love the last pic of your toddler.
    @king_of_simcity7 , @JoAnne65 Thank you!

@3KNPen LOVE that shot of the sky with purples and blues. Your sim also seems really active. What world is it these were taken in?

@bekkasan Thank you very much. If you ever wanted I'd be happy to do a tutorial on how to do things like that, it is really simple.

@CravenLestat Lovely vampire room! I really love that sofa, is it CC?

@Mikezumi the ghost toddler is adorable. Your sim's have a lovely living area. Thank you!

@Karritz That crystal tree is so lovely. And I am SO envious of all those beautiful crystal flowers! My sim seems to have misplaced hers so I don't have them in my current greenhouse.

@TadOlson Thank you! I'll have to give your worlds a look. This world was my first and only one so far. I have to admit I'm kinda tempted to do one based on another game though.

@Nikkei_Simmer I love those walk tanks, I use them a lot myself. Your house seems lovely!

@lisasc360 Your sims seem to be having fun with their snowball fight.

@Namaya92 That puppy seems so sly, I just love it.

@Nikkei_Simmer Your karate sims remind me I need to get my sims to China to get the equipment to start doing those skills.

@king_of_simcity7 That looks delicious!

@3KNPen I love Esther's outfit.

@Mikezumi I love the screeny of the couple hugging in front of the cow plant. I just love cow plants. The view from the tree house is fairly awesome. Gotta love Akantha's facial expression.

@PalmArrow I love Amelia's outfit!

@Littledreamer1994 What even causes that moodlet? Also the cats are adorable!

@Mikezumi At least Rune got to catch the bug at the end of the slow float out there XD.

@Littledreamer1994 Awwwwwwwwww! I didn't know cats could curl up together! That is so cute!

@Katnip The sim in the first screenshot is very striking! I also loved the screenshots and didn't know you could set the dome up that way.

@king_of_simcity7 I love the rainbow lights on that bridge.

@Nikkei_Simmer What is going on with that orange cloud?

@Mikezumi At first I had the thought "that is a strange looking plant he's pulling up". And then I realized it's a plant sim.

@Mikezumi your plant child is growing up to be so adorable!

@Namaya92 I love your scenery shot! And the Sim in the Denim shorts is really pretty!

@Nikkei_Simmer More glowy clouds!

@Littledreamer1994 Love the screenies this time around, especially the snub.

"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited July 2017
    @bekkasan I've never noticed my gnomes migrating between lots.

I leave the gnome tombstones in spaces that need increased environment points as they are worth 5 environment points each.

That abduction of Ferns was her first. There are a couple of space rocks that the dog found. I'm wondering if they are encouraging the abductions.

I've started organising pictures for another post. I've since moved more Sims home and brought two children in. Two of the soon to age up children I was planning to move in turned out to be service Sims so I'll leave them alone.
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @CravenLestat I love your new fashion video. Great creativity!
  • Options
    Day 5

The girls were at school since the last update, we are currently in autumn in game. Planning on working on Cara's athletic skill in order to get herself ready when she joins the criminal career. Her goal is to dominate the word as an empress of evil

Melody is teaching Melissa how to talk. Fun fact Melissa was actually a clone of her mother in one of my previous play when I first played this family years back.

My kittens will also be aging up aswell.
    v3jf3m.jpg

Melody has a day off until Friday so gives me time to work on her skills.

I finally got the elixir for Cara today and Melissa learned how to talk aswell. Will have Cara use it on the next full moon. Had Cara join a sports club at school.

Milo just aged up, the last kitten in my family to age up now is Nova
    v5z8de.jpg
    Milo as an adult

Cara playing with Leo
    wale37.jpg

Decided to age up Nova myself
    rtnhwg.jpg

All my kittens have now aged up. Working on the rest of Melissa's essential skills and Cara is feeling pretty emotional aswell.

Spooky Day :smiley:

Decided to use the elixir on her today.

dm3alv.jpg
    8wysco.jpg
    That eerie red glow :fearful:
    The new and improved Cara
    iw829g.jpg

Cara putting her new abilities to good work. Do not mess with a genie for she shall banish you
    2n21i6x.jpg

Autumn Festival
    fz6q1g.jpg
    Entered both the apple bobbing contest and pie eating contest.
    10fs4ew.jpg
    27yu64i.jpg

While out, Cara thought it would be fun to terrorise the other sims in the festival grounds.

Cara came out on top at the festival today. Got my cats sorted of course Cara decided to shoo two of my sleeping cats off the condo, of course they won't happy about it. Did the same thing to Milo.

2zpmx6u.jpg
    Cara had her first experience of trying plasma.

Oh my game almost crashed so saved it as soon as I could. Panic Over.-

Melody received a raise at work today.

Found Cara in an argurement with her father, who now dislikes her.

On the plus side, bonds are being made and Melody got promoted

Trinity and Helios
    mcugig.jpg

Snow!!!! :smile:
    2lmrzp5.jpg
    2hydoag.jpg
    2pt2qmf.jpg

Was doing other things without even realising I forgot to work on Cara's skills so I did that just now, already at level 2 in athletic for Cara, now at level 8 she is currently training one of the other sims at her location.

Prom night in a couple of days
    Honour Roll

Decided to build a wedding venue today, will post pictures once I am done

Venue Finished

Outside
    v2tdlz.jpg

Entrance
    ketafp.jpg

Wedding Location
    2e1cgif.jpg

Seating area
    33y6zyr.jpg
    Party Room
    16jqam8.jpg
    Outside Lounge
    2m6ofpy.jpg

Noticed Cara had a poisoned apple in her inventory, hmm wonder what she will use that for. She also had a sporting event at school so sent her over, Melody had brought some autumn salad home from work so put that in the fridge.

Cara uses poison apple on Trinity. Its 100% effective
    1zexg2d.jpg
    2euiyqe.jpg
    1pe3yr.jpg

The girls' first snow day. Beloved family snake just passed away. I finally named the family's small creatures.

Finally got around to buying a bird for the family, called her Rime.
    rvyfxv.jpg

Got to make sure to take care, the fact being I got five cats that could see her as their next meal.

Saw that Trinity and Cara were having another disagreement. Decided to tak Adrian and Melody out for a meal at the bistro, was too cold to eat outside. Let's just say a few fights broke out.

Adrian also wanted to try his luck at the lotto. Didn't win unfortunately, word has also got to Adrian about the fight and Adrian was not having any of it and took action. On the plus side though, we have some baked angel cake from Adrian, punishing Cara as she was the one who started it.

Brought a new snake to replace the one that had passed away.

Melody's Birthday
    2502ntd.jpg

Melissa's new room. Being the creative child, I brought her an easel.
    281aatf.jpg

So much happened in today's update. Thank you guys for the feedback, you guys have awesome sims and pictures.
  • Options
    @bekksan Thank you for the feedback as always, yep they pretty much still have the conflict going on

@Linamints Glad everyone loves the cats, ah she has the grumpy trait which causes the moodlet
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited July 2017
    opened my game a short bit today but had to edit a bunch of sims,
    so only got two screens.

[img][/img]8nWCHPc.jpg

Alitair chatting by the pool

[img][/img]37bZVDh.jpg

Adam daughter ella aged up to teen.

Post edited by Silverofdreams30 on
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    A lot did happen in your update. So many interesting things. You pictures look very nice and I really like the ones that show that you have the weather turned on in your game. Makes me want to play my game with the weather turned on but I am playing in Lucky Palms and I like it being summer only. I enjoyed your update so much that I can hardly wait for your next one.
  • Options
    @bekkasan I am thinking of trying Los Aniegos by @Coasterboi (who is sadly not active since these forums opened it seems)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/295247/los-aniegos-paradise-edition-now-available
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top