The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser: Toddler SP (Late Summer)

Comments

• Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    bixters wrote: »

And why are they doubling down on Stuff Packs? They by far have the weakest content of the whole game. They started with SP in the TS2, continued making them into TS3, and now they've practically taken over the Sims 4. I'm just tired of them, they have never been good. To me they just show how greedy a company can be. I'm just sick of the them taking away from valuable content from EP and GP to make them.

Ive said it once and Ill say it again. the SPs have become the replacement for the Store.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I kind of suspected we'd only be getting a stuff pack for this quarter, what with the following quarter being the big one with an expansion pack announcement. As a legacy player, I'm looking forward to this SP. I'm dead tired of the same hairstyles and outfits for toddlers. I even gave in and injected some CC into my game just to have some variety. It'll be nice to have more options available.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Could that tree be a slide?
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    at the minimum, i want the following things in this pack

-playground equipment similar to the space rocket/pirate ship for kids ...
    only this time for toddlers

- minimum of 6-8 new hairs for female toddlers and 6-8 for male also

- minimum of 8 new outfits for male and female toddlers

- at least 8 new Play Objects

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Just like last year again I guess.

(Toddler) SP, and mid September the announcement of the Pets EP.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    People take the bulk of their vacation time in the summer. Offices are often staffed more lightly simply because workers are down the shore. It isn't high school, it's the real world.

Mostly true. I own a bookstore in a touristy town and work in a library. Both are in the middle of our busiest times. Of course, we're so busy because everybody else is on vacation...

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Excited for the toddlers pack but still really want a new world :|
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    So I'm disappointed. Toddlers at the start of the year, Parenthood and now Toddler stuff? Im not a family player and feel ignored, Ive had nothing to be excited about since Vampires. I really thought it was the time to give the kid's content a break since there has been SO much of it recently. Builders have been ignored for SO long, they clearly don't care about us.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited July 2017
    I just hope this quartely means they're giving us some time to buy all these SPs with a great sale including all of it in the while <3

Forgot to say that a playground stuff was also something I suggested but at this point I'm kinda done with the family play, we can go back to diversify more the gameplay anytime now.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    So I'm disappointed. Toddlers at the start of the year, Parenthood and now Toddler stuff? Im not a family player and feel ignored, Ive had nothing to be excited about since Vampires. I really thought it was the time to give the kid's content a break since there has been SO much of it recently. Builders have been ignored for SO long, they clearly don't care about us.

No offense, but this sounds very selfish and bratty. I could careless about this pack yet I have saw a lot of people ask for it just like people have asked for vampires and such. Yes, there have been a very dry spout of content for builders, but for you to just say "they clearly don't care about us" when we are close to the end of the "Simmers get to shape the Eco-Living Pack" polls and the Toddler pack being something people actually asked for and were tasked to give ideas via twitter. That's just ridiculously rude. Parenthood was barely pointed at kids and more towards parenting and parents shaping their kids lives. This is just a stuff pack, not an expansion or game pack. Just because you are a non-family player doesn't mean they don't care about you. I'm a family player and more than half the content we have is geared towards Young Adults and over. Get over yourself and just be patient.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2017
    Dayvon64 wrote: »

No offense, but this sounds very selfish and bratty. I could careless about this pack yet I have saw a lot of people ask for it just like people have asked for vampires and such. Yes, there have been a very dry spout of content for builders, but for you to just say "they clearly don't care about us" when we are close to the end of the "Simmers get to shape the Eco-Living Pack" polls and the Toddler pack being something people actually asked for and were tasked to give ideas via twitter. That's just ridiculously rude. Parenthood was barely pointed at kids and more towards parenting and parents shaping their kids lives. This is just a stuff pack, not an expansion or game pack. Just because you are a non-family player doesn't mean they don't care about you. I'm a family player and more than half the content we have is geared towards Young Adults and over. Get over yourself and just be patient.

You can't really say 'no offense' and then call me bratty, selfish, rude (i'd consider your insults rude) and that I should get over myself. I didn't say any of those insults to the family play Simmers when they were complaining on a daily basis about a lack of Toddlers and have never reacted like that to any Simmer for having a different opinion to me so I hope others can be respectful too :)

There is nothing wrong with being critical of the game, it isn't rude - we pay money for this game and i'd imagine the developers want to know how we are feeling about how it is progressing. Parenthood clearly comes under the umbrella of family play, which is something i'm personally not interested in - whether the skill earned is for adults or not the focus is clearly on kids and improving their lives. I don't use Twitter so my only communication with the Gurus is on here and i'm not too engaged with the Eco living pack anymore because the community decided to go in a different direction to what I was hoping for - which is fine but is something else that did add to my disappointment. When the toddlers update came I was happy for you all, when parenthood was announced I felt slightly disappointed that it wasn't a pack i'd be too interested in but I understood that family players had been ignored for a long time pre-toddlers so again I was happy for you. But now I just feel ignored.

Builders are being ignored, when did they last provide a decent builders update? Basements? There will have been nothing for non-family players (except for a fitness stuff stuff pack) for at least 8 months (Feb-Sept) and that sucks.

I think TS4 has been poorly managed. They ignored family players for ages, they have ignored builders for a very long time and now there is a drought of non-family play too. I really feel that all this could have been avoided if releases had been more evenly spread out instead of just being a bulk of young adult content followed by a bulk of family play content.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I see a wagon I
    So if we don't get strollers I'll be happy.

That wagon looks as though it has a cushion on it, so it might be a seat that does not roll.

At the beginning it was all "party, party, party" with no family stuff. Now, they're doing family stuff.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,727 Member
    That's it? There better be some big patch to compensate that.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    LykkeLeafLykkeLeaf Posts: 214 Member
    edited July 2017
    Is it just me or it looks like they took out a few things that could've been in the Parenthood pack then put them into a Stuff Pack just so they would have something to announce in the quarterly teaser?
    Post edited by LykkeLeaf on
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    I see a costume chest over there. :p
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Could that be a costume trunk? The toddler opening it has fairy wings... Either that or it's a costume and a toy chest.

There's a red pull along cart on the left behind adorable fox-kid... Functional or décor?

And the play treehouse thing in the background.

New 2 new female hairs on the black girl and the redhead girl at the chest. The boy in the middle has a new combed over style too.

It's been confirmed that the chest in the teaser is a toy chest, not a costume chest. There are no new gameplay objects shown in the teaser, only mimic objects.

That said, it is possible that a costume chest could be a gameplay object, but it was not shown in the teaser if it is.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    Hi,

3 months, 1 Stuff Pack
    Late Summer = September

sp1210.png

Late September is Fall. Early to Mid September is more likely.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    O.K. then let's guess/pick apart what we see. A new toy box? A new interactive tree house play object? A new fountain coming? Why is there a fountain in the video? A new wagon..what's that about? New clothes...not much make sense right now. ETEA: Why is grass in the video, is it a hint?

ETA: the fountain and the trash bin become the tree house play object and the toy box...what? The bench turns into a wagon...

Tree house is a Doll House. Graham said so on Twitter. He also said no new gameplay was shawn.
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    That's it? There better be some big patch to compensate that.

Exactly.
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Are they still updating the base game? Last new content I remember is plant sims... any chance we'll get any new features patched in this quarter!?!?? (My simoleons are on some kind of a fairy/fairy godmother challenge?!?)
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    Are they still updating the base game? Last new content I remember is plant sims... any chance we'll get any new features patched in this quarter!?!?? (My simoleons are on some kind of a fairy/fairy godmother challenge?!?)
    I believe the last content we got was lights in the pre-parenthood patch. I assume there will be something coming in the July patch, but I can't imagine it will be anything big.
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    So excited for this :love:
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    at the minimum, i want the following things in this pack

-playground equipment similar to the space rocket/pirate ship for kids ...
    only this time for toddlers

- minimum of 6-8 new hairs for female toddlers and 6-8 for male also

- minimum of 8 new outfits for male and female toddlers

- at least 8 new Play Objects

SimGuru Graham confirmed that this SP is heavily geared towards more CAS options for toddlers. :blush:

However, I think 8 new gameplay objects is expecting a bit much from a SP. The most new gameplay objects we've ever gotten in a SP is 4 (Backyard Stuff). SPs have a set budget, and they fit in as many new gameplay objects as they can into that budget. If they were to try and squeeze in 8 new gameplay objects, I don't think they would be very good quality. They would have minimal interactions.

Personally, I'm expecting maybe 2 decent gameplay objects in this SP (like the puppet theatre and the Voidcritters battle station from Kids' Room Stuff). That's a more reasonable expectation as to what they can achieve with the SP budget.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    isaiahzay wrote: »

I'd rather it be a new world or new relationship ties in cas.