Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone got a sim generation going?

Comments

• Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    My furthest along legacy is on gen 8 now.
    Ginger Jaramillo (founder)
    Sampson Jaramillo (gen 2)
    Madison Jaramillo (gen 3)
    Ashly Jaramillo (gen 4)
    Vikram Jaramillo (gen 5)
    Sandra Jaramillo (gen 6)
    Callen Jaramillo (gen 7)
    Makayla Jaramillo (gen 8)
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    UglierPlacebo69UglierPlacebo69 Posts: 54 Member
    I am on generation 6! It is definitely tough keeping up the lineage! :-)
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'm on Generation 2, but this is after a lot of drama with my game erasing all my data twice! My sims Teagan and Akira are looking to expand their family to include another baby, but right now I'm just waiting on the first born to age up into a child, only 15 more days, lol!! They work from home, so having a toddler has caused their daily pay to decrease since they take turns spending the day with their daughter, Lydia.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member
    https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#594ab95c69a3f00e3ff3ca33

I'm starting a legacy with the Goths :) The link above is the family tree so far! Definitely going to stick with it for a long time!
  • Options
    belleceebellecee Posts: 47 Member
    2eaqn28.png

I'm on my 5th generation.
    Elkie's household is the main family I am playing but I do like to occasionally play her uncle's households from time to time.

Here's all the current family that I'm playing (apart from the partners that aren't shown)

10xuhd2.png
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    My families forgot their dead ones :( Face + name forgotten. Tombstone doesn't say the name either. So I've been discouraged to try doing generations again. 3 generations is the furthest I've gone.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I can't get through 1 generation. As soon as a couple has kids, I just can't seem to go back to play that household and off I rotate to another single sim.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Gen 5 until my son accidentally saved over it. He felt so bad too. I am now on Gen 2 starting over :smile:
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    I've gotten up to gen 7 in one game :) Beaten by PB by one generation!
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    @ayyitsmell I think that happens with culling, but if you aren't averse to mods then MCCC has an option to stop that happening for your played sims families.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Farthest I've gone is Gen 3. Most of the Gen 3 on my rotational save are teenagers.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    StefSimStefSim Posts: 37 Member
    ah yes I started in the Fall creating a new legacy on the sims 4. Last one I did was back when I played sims 2.. I still think about those sims.. but started with 3 families 2 kids each. now I have tons of sims moving out as young adults... this is going to be out of control soon so trying to do some matchmaking with my second gens
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I've already finished a Legacy Challenge last month (10 generations) currently I'm on Generation 7 again with a new family. :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    I'm on 7th and 8th heir is a child :) My profile photo is the heir for gen 7 (dark haired) with her younger sister
  • Options
    TmpiTmpi Posts: 34 Member
    Gen 7 for me! She's currently still a toddler (the firstborn and heir), with a younger sibling on the way (Mum is in third trimester).

Been playing this save since early this year (probably since Feb) and I feel like it's taking a really long time for me to get to the 7th gen. I'm enjoying this though, as my first legacy game.

I also have MCCC and have turned off culling since my founders were culled after their deaths. I still have their tombstones but no ghosts. The game is starting to lag for me, likely due to me turning off culling but I stand by this decision because I want to preserve the family tree for as long as possible.
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    @Tmpi with MCCC you can bypass people who are related to your sim somehow, but still having culling active. I can't explain how exactly that works, just letting you know that this options exists. Probably a bit easier for the game :D

I have a family that I play since GTW came out, I'm only on gen 4 :joy: I'm really slow, also spend to much time building ;)
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    TmpiTmpi Posts: 34 Member
    @lisalittlesimmer Thanks for letting me know! I didn't realize this option existed :open_mouth: gotta go and fiddle around more with MCCC options now!

I totally get what you mean! I do a major renovation/rebuilding every 3 gen, so it's been 2 major renovations now, which probably adds to the delay too lol, but it adds a "fresh" factor for a save that takes a long time to play
  • Options
    RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    The Generation 7 heir of my ISBI has just got pregnant with Generation 8! It's taken me a year and a half to get to this point though.
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I'm not playing a legacy but I do play generations. My main save is from the sim I created when I first got the game last fall. That family now has four generations and currently has 59 living sims. That number is including people that married into the family or moved into one of the households due to a relationship.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    SonntamSonntam Posts: 25 Member
    I bought Sims 4 only this years, so I am only at generation 4 (the oldest one is currently a kid).

For me legacies are the only way to play. I get a lot more attached to sims when there is a long history behind them and sims surrounding them. It's a lot of fun to play rotational legacies too, to ensure that everyone's families develop and their stories intertwine. I got really hung up with my current main legacy, though. Grandmother is long dead, but grandfather (who is married to another woman) is currently still an adult, alive and kicking. Got to make sure I age him up finally...

Otherwise I really enjoy having a well built house with a lot of history and tons of family members, with uncles and aunts and family drama. I can always pick and choose who will be the "main" sim and who will be the supporting cast. It allows differentiation, letting some siblings being the bad seeds, some the ultra responsible adults, some are too strict with their children, some just don't take care of their kids at all. I like this contrast and when I get bored, I focus my attentions on one or the other sibling.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Currently my legacy family has 46 family members and I'm on generation 6! It's hard to maintain it but the funny part is, wherever I go I rarely see townies anymore because I only see the family members... My family has taken over the worlds! :lol:

https://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#58754af45e5a5079646b5f8a
    Link to my family tree if you're interested :smile:
  • Options
    robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member
    @RL that's dedication! :)
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I'm on 4th generation right now. I'm so sad I lost informati of the first 2 generations :(
  • Options
    Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    I'm currently the farthest I've ever gotten in 4 -- generation 4! I really like how this heir turned out so I've switched lifespan to long so I can spend a little more time with her lol.

I love seeing the genetics play out in this game! It's also fun to try and create an empire with your sims and heirs. It can be tough!
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    I've already finished a Legacy Challenge last month (10 generations) currently I'm on Generation 7 again with a new family. :D

What lifespan do you play on? Are you following all of the set rules? Just curious :P

F8wHsKZ.png