Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone got a sim generation going?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    @kemisz when I hit gen 8 I was forced to start a new save file because it became laggy (none of the ghosts were culling for some reason so the place was really over populated). My Sims kept trying to go out to dinner and getting stuck in the restaurant. I couldn't go into the household afterwards either. I'm not sure if this is a common occurrence or if it was just something that happened to this one save though.
  • Options
    Hollyblue27Hollyblue27 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm on generation 28 I believe. Been playing the same family since the day Sims4 was released :)
  • Options
    CxpmemeCxpmeme Posts: 76 Member
    I usually use the Long lifespan so i am only at gen 5
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2017
    I was playing one of my Landgraab households in Oasis Springs yesterday (yes, I have several). Hugo Landgraab is the great-great-grandson of Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab. He aged to Young Adult. He's rather the hipster. He's a vegetarian who wants to live in the city and be an Artist, so I moved him into an apartment in Uptown San Myshuno. He met and married Laura Haywood (from the Gallery). They enjoy the festivals that occur, buy produce from the stalls (Laura adopted the vegetarian trait), and paint in their free time. Laura is an aspiring singer and guitar player. Lo and behold, Laura ended up pregnant. I didn't think too much of it until she gave birth - to triplets. First time ever for my game. Two boys and a girl. So the Landgraab family now has a new generation. I don't know how they're gonna manage, but Hugo better start painting masterpieces soon.

I took pictures but haven't uploaded them to Photobucket yet. I'll post them tonight.

Edited to add: I posted the photos in the What's Been Happening in your Game thread.
    Post edited by Nik24X7 on
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited July 2017
    s33man wrote: »
    I've already finished a Legacy Challenge last month (10 generations) currently I'm on Generation 7 again with a new family. :D

What lifespan do you play on? Are you following all of the set rules? Just curious :P

Your question is similar to a general question I had, when I once read one version of Generation rules it mentioned buying a vacant lot and building up from nothing as you go... Wondering how many are doing this... I am, I just didn't/ don't follow all the rules, I didn't buy that dumb Knight statue thing and I took up a 20 x 20 lot; Mid-Nowhere. (The only rules I know, I'm not following anyhow =P

Getting to gen two... Last I looked my founder's heir was 7 days till Young Adult.. But Gen 1.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    I just lost my last family who was on gen 7 due to a problem that made me reformat my computer :/ So I had to start over. Teach me not to backup my family.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I tried to use that plumtree site but could not for the life of me figure it out. What, by the way is the best way to get thumbnail shots of sims? Do you use one of the tool apps like sims studio and crop it. Sorry if this is off topic.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    I tried to use that plumtree site but could not for the life of me figure it out. What, by the way is the best way to get thumbnail shots of sims? Do you use one of the tool apps like sims studio and crop it. Sorry if this is off topic.

for myself, I simply take screenshots of them in CAS through the game and have it set to not include the UI in the shot.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm on generation 25 now I believe. Link to my family tree is in my siggy.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I'm on generation 25 now I believe. Link to my family tree is in my siggy.

wow that's impressive! I also love the extra details for the sims in their bios and stuff. you've got a beautiful sims family!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'm on generation 2, and she's just a child so I have a ways to go. I don't know if this household will have anymore children. I'm making the parents have an on/off type of marriage where they get close to divorce, but then work it out. At least for now. I think the mistress will stay in the picture as a friend until I need her again. I may just have the parents break up once the daughter becomes a teen. Maybe.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    I just started the legacy challenge the other day and am still in the first gen, my heir just aged up into a child.
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    My legacy family tree can be seen here (it's in progress, so there are some holes)

And I'm keeping track of family pictures/events here on imgur
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Hugo and Laura Landgraab just had triplets, which now makes for the sixth generation.

07-10-17_6-59-33PMa_zpsxgu7dgch.png
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    If so, what generation are you on now? I finally was able to get one going and just startes playing my 3rd generation sim. It's been really fun. I love the fact when she was eating at the table and just randomly thinks of family.

I just started- or restarted- an old favorite couple on July 8 and they started as teens. Now they're young adults, married to each other, and have one son with a second on the way. Henry, the son, will be a child in six days. Carson is level 6 or 7 in the Tech Guru career and Amelia is level 6 or 7 in the Painter career.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    Lol... I came here thinking I could say that I was doing a 10 generation challenge and everyone being like "ooh! wow!"... Then I read other people
    "Generation 13, 11, 7 because I slowed down now" and then there's me... I got to 2 once... Maybe this isn't quite the place for me......
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • Options
    SavannaSiaraSavannaSiara Posts: 28 New Member
    Gen 3 at the moment, Sims 4 has been the hardest for me to get the generations going. I either get new content and decide to start all over or I get bored. Sims 2 was the easiest, think I hit 14th G.