Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone got a sim generation going?

If so, what generation are you on now? I finally was able to get one going and just startes playing my 3rd generation sim. It's been really fun. I love the fact when she was eating at the table and just randomly thinks of family.

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'm on 11. There's LOADS of legacy players :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I need to use the plumtree tool to keep track of my generations because I play generational and on rotation and I'm quickly losing track of who is related to who. Oops. But I think I'm on generation 5/6?

My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    I_Am_A_POTATO_8I_Am_A_POTATO_8 Posts: 16 Member
    4. Lol :D
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    6! :) The oldest of gen 7 is a child, but the next torch holder is a toddler, so I've got awhile to go.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    To all you on generation 3+ : how?! I've just started a legacy and I'm still on gen 1-2 and already my game is giving up and glitching out all over the place :P
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Gen 6 was just born
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Gen 3. I play soooo slow. same family since sims 4 launched! plus I play other households in rotation so it takes even longer. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Gen 5! Oldest kids are halfway teen now, house full with 6 kids but the heir hasn't been born yet (I think
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Gen 13, my heir is a toddler at the moment.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I have a gen 3 family though they were in the only save too glitched to play so I saved them as they were and moved saves :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Well the furthest I've gotten is gen 5. Right now I'm on 1
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    samemie wrote: »
    To all you on generation 3+ : how?! I've just started a legacy and I'm still on gen 1-2 and already my game is giving up and glitching out all over the place :P

I have some small tips that might help, I guess. Though I think mostly it comes down to luck/how good your computer is/etc.

1) If you play with mods and CC keep it meticulously updated.
    2) Repair the game.
    3) Research the work arounds to some of the glitches.

I haven't had to save the families to the gallery and start a new save yet, but I imagine I'll have to soon even with all these tips. It just tends to get buggy after awhile.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    @kemisz ta for the advice :)
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I just started a legacy, so I guess I'm on Generation 1
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I'm on Generation 3 because I restarted, my old game was getting boring and useless.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm a HUGE legacy sims player .. lol, don't like playing any other way. I don't use any mods.. such as MCCC to play either..
    Right now, my heir is at # 6 and a teen ..of a 10 gen game.

Feel free to click my link and see my gen family !
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    11 or 12, can't remember which. I know it's past 10 because I got that achievement last week.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    edited June 2017
    My current save is my Pastel Rainbowcy Challenge and gen 2 has twin toddlers so...I guess I'm on gen 3? Or does it not count until they are YAs? I'll say I'm on gen 2 and a half,lol. I can usually get to generation 4 or 5 before wanting to start a new family. But I'm determined to keep this family going as long as possible :)
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I have started my "first" legacy challenge back in Feb. I'm on gen 3 and gen 4 heir is a toddler right now. I was playing really fast but it got a little crazy so I have been slowing down. Plus I have been buying the new packs along the way so I enjoy it more now.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    I'm half way with Gen 6
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i'm on gen 7. i haven't played it in a while because i get bored and do other challenges.. i'm only going to gen 10.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    I'm on gen 2 but I play with the long lifespan so it takes forever to get to the next gen, I doubt I'll ever get over gen 3 with my family.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Mine has morphed into a rotation but it still has a generational element. For my original household, I'm on generation 4. Now I'm incorporating the Parenthood aspect into my game because there's a ridiculous number of kids across the entire save.

My original house is living in a double decker renovated version of Single Streamlet. I turned the original bedroom into a den and added stairs. Now the house has an expanded kitchen, 3 upstairs bedrooms and 3 full baths. It's a great family house so I will continue to have someone from any given generation of that family live there until this save glitches out or something happens. (Yeah, I know I should back up my save more often. I have saved a few things to my library though.)
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't play the Legacy Challenge or any challenges, but I'm now multiple generations into Sims 4. I'm currently playing Johnny Zest's great-grandson, Tobias Zest. They live across the street from Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab's great-great-grandchildren. Tor Landgraab and his wife (she's a Spencer-Kim-Lewis great-granddaughter) have two boys, Reid and Logan. I also have the great-great-grandchildren of Cassandra Goth living across the street from Alexander's great-great-grandchildren.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,356 Member
    I never managed more than seven generations.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge