The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone got a sim generation going?

If so, what generation are you on now? I finally was able to get one going and just startes playing my 3rd generation sim. It's been really fun. I love the fact when she was eating at the table and just randomly thinks of family.

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'm on 11. There's LOADS of legacy players :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I need to use the plumtree tool to keep track of my generations because I play generational and on rotation and I'm quickly losing track of who is related to who. Oops. But I think I'm on generation 5/6?

My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    I_Am_A_POTATO_8I_Am_A_POTATO_8 Posts: 16 Member
    4. Lol :D
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    6! :) The oldest of gen 7 is a child, but the next torch holder is a toddler, so I've got awhile to go.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    To all you on generation 3+ : how?! I've just started a legacy and I'm still on gen 1-2 and already my game is giving up and glitching out all over the place :P
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Gen 6 was just born
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Gen 3. I play soooo slow. same family since sims 4 launched! plus I play other households in rotation so it takes even longer. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Gen 5! Oldest kids are halfway teen now, house full with 6 kids but the heir hasn't been born yet (I think
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Gen 13, my heir is a toddler at the moment.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I have a gen 3 family though they were in the only save too glitched to play so I saved them as they were and moved saves :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Well the furthest I've gotten is gen 5. Right now I'm on 1
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    samemie wrote: »
    To all you on generation 3+ : how?! I've just started a legacy and I'm still on gen 1-2 and already my game is giving up and glitching out all over the place :P

I have some small tips that might help, I guess. Though I think mostly it comes down to luck/how good your computer is/etc.

1) If you play with mods and CC keep it meticulously updated.
    2) Repair the game.
    3) Research the work arounds to some of the glitches.

I haven't had to save the families to the gallery and start a new save yet, but I imagine I'll have to soon even with all these tips. It just tends to get buggy after awhile.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    @kemisz ta for the advice :)
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I just started a legacy, so I guess I'm on Generation 1
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I'm on Generation 3 because I restarted, my old game was getting boring and useless.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm a HUGE legacy sims player .. lol, don't like playing any other way. I don't use any mods.. such as MCCC to play either..
    Right now, my heir is at # 6 and a teen ..of a 10 gen game.

Feel free to click my link and see my gen family !
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    11 or 12, can't remember which. I know it's past 10 because I got that achievement last week.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    edited June 2017
    My current save is my Pastel Rainbowcy Challenge and gen 2 has twin toddlers so...I guess I'm on gen 3? Or does it not count until they are YAs? I'll say I'm on gen 2 and a half,lol. I can usually get to generation 4 or 5 before wanting to start a new family. But I'm determined to keep this family going as long as possible :)
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I have started my "first" legacy challenge back in Feb. I'm on gen 3 and gen 4 heir is a toddler right now. I was playing really fast but it got a little crazy so I have been slowing down. Plus I have been buying the new packs along the way so I enjoy it more now.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    I'm half way with Gen 6
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i'm on gen 7. i haven't played it in a while because i get bored and do other challenges.. i'm only going to gen 10.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    I'm on gen 2 but I play with the long lifespan so it takes forever to get to the next gen, I doubt I'll ever get over gen 3 with my family.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Mine has morphed into a rotation but it still has a generational element. For my original household, I'm on generation 4. Now I'm incorporating the Parenthood aspect into my game because there's a ridiculous number of kids across the entire save.

My original house is living in a double decker renovated version of Single Streamlet. I turned the original bedroom into a den and added stairs. Now the house has an expanded kitchen, 3 upstairs bedrooms and 3 full baths. It's a great family house so I will continue to have someone from any given generation of that family live there until this save glitches out or something happens. (Yeah, I know I should back up my save more often. I have saved a few things to my library though.)
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't play the Legacy Challenge or any challenges, but I'm now multiple generations into Sims 4. I'm currently playing Johnny Zest's great-grandson, Tobias Zest. They live across the street from Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab's great-great-grandchildren. Tor Landgraab and his wife (she's a Spencer-Kim-Lewis great-granddaughter) have two boys, Reid and Logan. I also have the great-great-grandchildren of Cassandra Goth living across the street from Alexander's great-great-grandchildren.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,374 Member
    I never managed more than seven generations.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge