Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop drinking water!

Comments

• Options
    xmellxxmellx Posts: 38 Member
    My Sims are constantly drinking water and then leaving half empty glasses all over the place :/
  • Options
    amamamamaamamamama Posts: 2 New Member
    First developers need to know catching sims&stopping them from drinking CONSTANTLY is NOT fun.To get around it,remove every sink in your home and turn your refrigerator to the wall.No more drinking.Now,when on a public lot,locate all sinks and remove them.Otherwise you will be doing nothing but chasing your sim from sink to sink.Shame we have to do this. But it does solve the problem.
  • Options
    xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    I actually really like them getting water. it's the fact they always get it from the bathroom and never the kitchen is what is driving me crazy :neutral:
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I disabled "get water" with a mod since it was getting pretty annoying. Would much rather tell my sims to get water when I want them to.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    It bothered me for a bit, and then I got the Nano Can Touchless Garbage can. Now, every time they put a glass in there, they get 20 Simoleons. It's not much, but hey, free money, right?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    DLMSantiagoDLMSantiago Posts: 7 New Member
    My Sims are also doing this, and it's making me crazy. I don't want to take it away from people that are enjoying it, but could the impetus be added to clean up the glasses the same way many will clean up dishes? That would leave the actin and resolve the stinky glasses all over the place. I don't want to mod my game.
  • Options
    DLMSantiagoDLMSantiago Posts: 7 New Member
    I was wrong. I do want to take it away entirely. It's making me insane. Having the ability to tell Sims to get a drink is great, but as was noted above, having to chase them around constantly to stop them from doing this instead of anything else is not fun.
    My Sims are also doing this, and it's making me crazy. I don't want to take it away from people that are enjoying it, but could the impetus be added to clean up the glasses the same way many will clean up dishes? That would leave the actin and resolve the stinky glasses all over the place. I don't want to mod my game.

• Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'd punish them all by activating the satellite dish just after they drank water >:)
  • Options
    SimsInHogwartsSimsInHogwarts Posts: 57 Member
    It's really getting on my nerves! At first it didn't really bother me but they kept doing it.. I'm currently playing a new family with only two sims but they keep going to the sink! And right after that, they don't even drink all of it and just leave the glass somewhere randomly in the house. Ugh!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It's really getting on my nerves! At first it didn't really bother me but they kept doing it.. I'm currently playing a new family with only two sims but they keep going to the sink! And right after that, they don't even drink all of it and just leave the glass somewhere randomly in the house. Ugh!

Hello
    MC Command Center has a setting in the Tuner module to prevent this occurring. You may like to use that mod.

MC Command Center
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    All i can say is MC Commander and use stop annoying "get water" feature.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    All i can say is MC Commander and use stop annoying "get water" feature.

Or the part of DrChillgood's Set of No Autonomy Mods that stops people from using the tap. Has some other nice options too.
  • Options
    QuintessentialMQuintessentialM Posts: 2 New Member
    I have had a weird issue where they like to drink a glass of water in the bath tub... What are they doing in there, why do you need to lay down in the tub with a glass of water to drink it. Are you all drinking tub water? Why are you gross like this. I don't get it.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    This stopped for a while and now I've been noticing it again.
  • Options
    QuintessentialMQuintessentialM Posts: 2 New Member
    I noticed it after the Parenthood Game Pack. I had not previously encountered it at all.
  • Options
    RineRine Posts: 165 Member
    There are few things I absolutely dislike about this game. The water thing is one of them. I got a mod to disable it. I don't understand how an empty glass (that used to contain water) would stink up the place and put my sims in that uncomfortable moodlet. Sometimes it would take me a while just to find the glass because I have poor eyesight and sims drop glasses in very strange places.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    There's a lot of OCD in this game, drinking water, washing hands, potty training, and now my young adults have suddenly become obsessed with the dollhouse.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    OMG! This is driving me nucking futs. That and wanting to climb 3 flights of stairs to wash dinner dishes in a far off bathroom! AAARRRGGGHHH! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! I end up removing all sinks but the kitchen.
  • Options
    ldmarko wrote: »
    There's a lot of OCD in this game, drinking water, washing hands, potty training, and now my young adults have suddenly become obsessed with the dollhouse.

Yes! That's more of what I'm noticing. Washing hands, potty training, hovering, removing baby from high chair as soon as another sim plops his butt in it, and wanting to play with the dollhouse.... before that it was smashing the darn thing :-/
  • Options
    Finally I had to put the baby in a bedroom and lock the door for only mom, because multiple teens and adults were constantly interfering, making it hard for mom breastfeed. Pretty much even worse trying to tend to the needs of the toddlers. More times than not, the poor toddler is in a constant state of hunger, filth, and rage because when One sim is trying to prepare food for him another sim scoops him up and carries him off to potty or to bed.
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I rather enjoy that they get water to drink.. and it sure helps my Plantsim with her thirst. It's no where near as bad as the bar drinks they make then leave everywhere to spoil. I go through over a gallon of water a day so to me it's realistic.
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I'm wondering of they released a hotfix, because one of my unplayed sims is still somewhat obsessing over the sink, but she doesn't grab a glass of water anymore? She'll just stop what she's doing, thing of a faucet, walk up to it, then go back to whatever she was doing. I've noticed her doing this three times this week.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    MysticOne wrote: »
    OMG! This is driving me nucking futs. That and wanting to climb 3 flights of stairs to wash dinner dishes in a far off bathroom! AAARRRGGGHHH! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! I end up removing all sinks but the kitchen.

This annoys the crap out of me too. Not only do they journey to a bathroom to wash their dish, they'll even prepare food there. In one of my households, they prepare meals in the gym, which is in a separate building on the lot. I guess I'll have to switch the counters with a large table to remedy that.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top