Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you REALLY like the new pack?

Comments

• Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    I have to say I am loving the pack, best game pack so far for me!! I've turned Alexander Goth into the most unruly little brat you could imagine, while Cassandra is the complete opposite. Bella is pregnant with child number 3 (in my head that's when Alexander started being the devil child once Bella told him the big news - as getting Bella pregnant was the first thing I did in a new game) I can't wait to see how they both grow up, I hope they grow up different.
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    Loving this pack as well. My sim took her toddler to the park, Bob and Eliza's twin toddlers show up and began making a mess..next thing I see is my toddler gets an autonomous action to watch ...and he starts making his own mess (He's never done that before!) It was as though he'd picked up the habit by just looking.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Don't forget that a Generations EP will arrive - after Pets - to solidify the family experience in TS4.

You can't say that for sure. None of us know that.

It's unlikely we will see a generations expansion now.
    Most sims 4 fans seem to want stuff packs and game packs so they are providing them instead for Fuller packs we used to get.

The sims 4 will never get proper expansions when they can make more with stuff packs and game pack's

The expansions suck because they put all the time into stuff/game packs.

Yes nobody knows for sure.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2017
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Don't forget that a Generations EP will arrive - after Pets - to solidify the family experience in TS4.

Most sims 4 fans seem to want stuff packs and game packs so they are providing them instead for Fuller packs we used to get.

The sims 4 will never get proper expansions when they can make more with stuff packs and game pack's

I don't think the release schedule for stuff and game packs is affecting how the team wanted to release these things for Sims 4 anyway. It was their business model all along to release this way. Get to Work is the expansion that needs the most work in my opinion. They should have added shopping bags and proper waiting at a register to be checked out. It would have also been great if they brought back talent badges from Sims 2! Actually, I would have preferred if the retail and owning of retail stores were a game pack so they could get proper detail and attention. So, for me, Get to Work is the expansion that could have used the most tweaking. I really enjoy the game packs so far. Parenthood is one of those packs that affects the overall game so much that, without it, would now feel empty and without depth. I wouldn't mind totally ditching the stuff packs and only doing game packs and expansions!!!
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    It comes down to just add more of whatever. It is a good pack like always but it has far to few content like always.
    Sounds like a cheap argument but its quiet founded.

Maybe we are just spoiled by the previous iterations of the Sims bringing much more content per time no matter in what portions be it packs or addons. But than maybe you shouldnt start the next iteration of a series if you cant do better than before, especially content wise. Would a GTA 6 work with a smaller world, less content and a graphic that doesnt really set it appart from the previous ones or went the way of comic looks. It wont so its not really the developers fault at hand but at mind from a simply false plan.

A Sims 3 got a multiple of items, activities, gameplay and stuff added in a year than Sims 4 does.

A Sims 4 would have to be far bigger and better than previous Sims games. Yes that cost the company more money but it also sells far more. Thats the way you go or you dont go at all.
    Maybe they can take the turn with Sims 5, or they try to "save" money and it will continue to go south faster than they can imagine.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Hey I like SP and GP they make the game interesting and gives you more stuff to use.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    I'm loving the new pack! The only thing I'm not loving or maybe not understanding it the chance cards (I think?). The little notices that pop up saying so and so did something good or bad at school or wherever. There's only one option to pick, I thought there was going to be more choices to choose from so that you can actually parent. I have to pick whatever one option it gives me and then it says yay good job basically, it's not that fun.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'm loving the new pack! The only thing I'm not loving or maybe not understanding it the chance cards (I think?). The little notices that pop up saying so and so did something good or bad at school or wherever. There's only one option to pick, I thought there was going to be more choices to choose from so that you can actually parent. I have to pick whatever one option it gives me and then it says yay good job basically, it's not that fun.

The higher the parenting skill, the more options your sim gets.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm not sure right now. I told mom to potty train baby like, FOUR TIMES. And all she could do was run around randomly, going up and down stairs. She didn't even have any needs herself. Eventually the toddler just went in his own daiper, which while efficient is not what I'm looking for.

Getting a baby to sit in his chair and eat is similarly frustrating.

And I wanted to make the dad evil and mean to the mom but they never even spend enough time together to have an argument.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    This game is for teenagers, not a grown adult with a full time job.

Says who? Gaming isn't teenagers exclusive since a long time (never have been in my opinion). I think someone mentioned somewhere that the age demographic of the sims 4 was around 37 years old, of course there's younger and older people playing the game, but games aren't aimed at teenagers anymore.

My bad for saying it wrong, the game is rated T for teen, and from what I've seen it's mostly kids around that age group. Of course adults 30+ play it, I meant to to say the game, is physically written as a game for teenagers, which explains my point on how $20 isn't just easily spent on lunch.

The rating means that if you're a parent you wouldn't necessarily buy it for your 8 or 9 year old kid -- there are some mature themes like simulated alcohol consumption, not to mention the Woohoo and fighting. That doesn't mean it's only written for teens -- I'd say most of the players I know have been playing since Sims 1 17 years ago which would put them pretty much well out of the "teen" demographic. I was in my early 40s when I played Sims 1, and now I'm well closer to 60 than I am to 50 and still enjoy the game. But sure, tell me what types of games I'm supposed to enjoy playing since I'm obviously too old for The Sims. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Considering I despise Sims 3 I like Sims 4 for being different.

I didn't like it much either. To me The Sims 4 feels more like The Sims 2, which I think is a good thing.

Add me to the club lol :D Never got the craze about sims 3 ...

The expansion packs were phenomenal and beyond expectations. What else?
    (Other than the ones that were totally a bust)

The reasons that you state for liking Sims 3 is the reason that many Sim 4 fans don't. You keep talking about the world's themselves and how beautiful they were. The problem with the Sims 3 for many of us is that the focus was on the worlds and not the sims themselves. As you pointed out the nightclubs were empty for example. For me the beauty of the open worlds was not worth the trade offs.

Also, the worlds were boring to look at. One of my many issues with sims 3, is the time it took to get from one place to another in a sim world (like sometimes it took half a day just to gt to work. And unlike sims 4, most often the scenery for sims 3 just wasn't worth the trip. It was just boring to look at.

Sims 4 worlds in contrast are vibrant, alive, yes a lot of it is background scenery, but you know what, I prefer that over empty worlds, endless woods with trees that all look the same, and houses that for the most part are nothing but rabbit holes.

Ever zoom in on the school building when it was time for class to start? Took a good Sim hour or longer for all of them to get into the building with all the routing bugs. And one time I got a notice my Sim was missing school, and I zoomed in to find that a van had crashed into the entrance and no one could get in! So your kid gets dinged for something that wasn't even their fault to begin with.

I'm one of those who thought the worlds were beautiful and creative (especially some of the worlds players uploaded to the Exchange created in CAW), but the name of the series isn't The Sims Worlds, it's The Sims -- the Sims themselves were wooden, the ones generated by the game all had the same pudding-type faces. I still enjoyed playing it for its era -- it was what it was -- but I could never see myself going back to it now. Just compare Sims 3 toddlers to Sims 4 -- with the specific toddler traits you can have a lot more variance in how they behave. Sims 4 toddlers actually play together and acknowledge the other's existence; they can talk or babble to each other, they can hug each other, and generally be adorable. Yes, it takes longer to teach them skills (and they get tired and fussy -- I get the "No More Words!" moodlet from my Silly toddler a lot), but that's Real Life right there.
  • Options

The teams for GPs and SPs are separate from the EPs, so you can't say they put all their time into the other packs. Maybe because expansions have to cover so many different aspects, it feels like they're weaker compared to GPs that are more focused in content.

We could possibly see a Generations GP that would fill in activities and interactions for all age groups. Prom could be part of a Schools/University pack along with graduations. Maybe we get more outdoor play equipment if Seasons is on the drawing board. We'll just have to see where the game goes from this point out.
  • Options
    tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    > @Pegasys said:
    > tinkerbell3552 wrote: »
    >
    > I'm loving the new pack! The only thing I'm not loving or maybe not understanding it the chance cards (I think?). The little notices that pop up saying so and so did something good or bad at school or wherever. There's only one option to pick, I thought there was going to be more choices to choose from so that you can actually parent. I have to pick whatever one option it gives me and then it says yay good job basically, it's not that fun.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The higher the parenting skill, the more options your sim gets.

Ahhhh, I had no idea! Thank you! I guess I need to keep on playing then.
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited June 2017
    MissCherie wrote: »
    This game is for teenagers, not a grown adult with a full time job.

Says who? Gaming isn't teenagers exclusive since a long time (never have been in my opinion). I think someone mentioned somewhere that the age demographic of the sims 4 was around 37 years old, of course there's younger and older people playing the game, but games aren't aimed at teenagers anymore.

My bad for saying it wrong, the game is rated T for teen, and from what I've seen it's mostly kids around that age group. Of course adults 30+ play it, I meant to to say the game, is physically written as a game for teenagers, which explains my point on how $20 isn't just easily spent on lunch.

The rating means that if you're a parent you wouldn't necessarily buy it for your 8 or 9 year old kid -- there are some mature themes like simulated alcohol consumption, not to mention the Woohoo and fighting. That doesn't mean it's only written for teens -- I'd say most of the players I know have been playing since Sims 1 17 years ago which would put them pretty much well out of the "teen" demographic. I was in my early 40s when I played Sims 1, and now I'm well closer to 60 than I am to 50 and still enjoy the game. But sure, tell me what types of games I'm supposed to enjoy playing since I'm obviously too old for The Sims. :|

I think they're meaning the Teen+ rating. I think they're saying the aimed demographic is teens. If you look at the lingo used - for instance, the "Throw Shade" interaction for teens with Parenthood GP - is lingo that millenial teens use these days. Plus, check the description of some items in buy mode. Words like "fam" and phrases like "Do you" are used :joy: I don't think acknowledging the appeal to youth audiences translates into telling older people they cannot enjoy it. I'm going to be 21 and I still enjoy cartoons/animation, despite the aimed audience of younger children/early teens. I think there's a misunderstanding.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    Yes, I really, really do. In fact I don't like it. I love it. I've played as much as work has allowed since release and for the first time in a while I feel like whining every time I have to close the game to go to bed or to work. I don't want to stop playing! I play somewhat slow (very focused on all my Simmies and their wants and needs) so I've only experienced about 5 or 6 days in game but I'm having lots of fun. The child stage seems enhanced and even more enjoyable and now that two of the children in the family have aged up to teens I can't wait to see how they've been changed with this pack. I am thoroughly enjoying the new phases they added, exactly like I thought I would. Three out of four of the children in the family I play with have been or are currently experiencing the Clingy phase. It's a bit hilarious because they get a moodlet about being around strangers from talking with their siblings! Only the parents will do, no one else! I'm curious about the other phases too and can't wait for my first teen mood swing. The game has already provided me with a few new challenges (kids misbehaving autonomously whenever I don't play close attention to them), I'm sure the mood swings will only add to that. Overall this pack is really worth it for me and has made my gameplay that much more exciting and enjoyable.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Nelus wrote: »
    It comes down to just add more of whatever. It is a good pack like always but it has far to few content like always.

Maybe we are just spoiled by the previous iterations of the Sims bringing much more content per time no matter in what portions be it packs or addons. But than maybe you shouldnt start the next iteration of a series if you cant do better than before, especially content wise. Would a GTA 6 work with a smaller world, less content and a graphic that doesnt really set it appart from the previous ones or went the way of comic looks. It wont so its not really the developers fault at hand but at mind from a simply false plan.

A Sims 3 got a multiple of items, activities, gameplay and stuff added in a year than Sims 4 does.

A Sims 4 would have to be far bigger and better than previous Sims games. Yes that cost the company more money but it also sells far more. Thats the way you go or you dont go at all.
    Maybe they can take the turn with Sims 5, or they try to "save" money and it will continue to go south faster than they can imagine.

I agree with this.

I actually don't even think the content of Parenthood - for it's pricetag - is bad. I think they did a good job of validating the pricetag, but the problem is that in the context of coming from Sims 3, this is disappointing compared to Generations. If EA/Maxis told you "would you like half of Generations for $20," the reality is that a lot of us would probably just say "I'd prefer Generations 2.0 for $40." Even if what we do get is fairly solid, it leaves us longing for what we no longer get. More teen content would've been great, school clubs would've been great, but instead we just got what we got. Nice addition, but also has me questioning the management decisions. To be fair, I once thought Generations would suit a Game pack well too, so I don't think it was by any means a dumb decision, it's just a case where here we are with exactly half of Generations. It's good they kept the price/content ratio in tact, but less content is still less content.

I also have to question what their budget is like. If you really think about it, this pack technically added almost nothing new. They attached consequences to existing motions like washing dishes or being mean, but those interactions already existed. The overwhelming majority of new interactions just have recycled animations and the same old relationship effects, it's just the text that's new (or some of them, such as the arguments or parental manners lesson, seem to loop). I'm not really shaming them since they made it work and the consequences are a welcome addition, it's just more that I have to wonder if their budget is small and forces them to rely on such efforts, and that if the budget were bigger they could've done more. When I try and think about what's undeniably new in every way that it functions and didn't recycle any existing features, it's just the character value menu, the doctor doll.....aaaaand that's about it, really.

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    edited June 2017
    Sims 4 has improved but it has more trade offs Imho being you are confined to the same neighborhoods that one cannot alter. One would have hoped there would be tools that would have evolved as the Sims series moved on, it did but not in areas that I felt was important. I have accepted Sims 4 shortcomings. Some areas Sims 4 are better than Sims 3 which should been expected and some areas it has either took a step back or it just did evolve at all. I still prefer the mechanics of Sims 3 being I could use tools that enhanced the game for me. I like the worlds because it was editable and the only option that comes from Sims 4 that would been nice in Sims 3 is the going between neighborhoods. I hate waiting for EA/Maxis to give me a new neighborhood and on top of it is more of their vision and not mine. Sadly I have to adapt to their reasoning, People have differ stokes and different views. However, even with this pack which I do like it still does not bring it to it's full potential and that is my opinion. One other thing while one may think it is all about focusing the sim that is nice and all but I do not play to see how an Sim reacts, I like to see both sides and Sims does not really do that for me and for some folks it will take more to get them on board.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    edited June 2017
    Nelus wrote: »

I agree with this as well and especially this "Would a GTA 6 work with a smaller world, less content and a graphic that doesn't really set it apart from the previous ones or went the way of comic looks. It won't so its not really the developers fault at hand but at mind from a simply false plan." Why I agree because I play other franchises and I have not really seen any regression that I have seen with this series. Also, if this series is purported to make so much money, why say Oh they do not have the money and I am aware that certain projects do take money but in order to make money you have to invest. Granted Sims 4 is going into it's third year and it has improved over those three years but for me it is still missing it's mark. Imho, if they added certain options that is if it is able to be added, the game just might reach it's potential. Heck, I am willing to pay more for a fully dressed game where I can really have fun and not be handed bits and pieces. I see beyond the nice and shiny givings and it's purpose and it also serves.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Hey I like SP and GP they make the game interesting and gives you more stuff to use.

As I posted the other day above,most sims 4 fans want stuff packs and game packed.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    MerrierSimmetryMerrierSimmetry Posts: 38 Member
    Wonder what the Sims game will look like in 2020?
  • Options
    HeyItsTashieeHeyItsTashiee Posts: 172 Member
    I am loving this pack. It definitely gives a realistic parenting feel and focuses on non adults which is what fans felt they where missing from the game. Very pleased :#
  • Options
    sarahb5500sarahb5500 Posts: 26 New Member
    Loving it so far. It was exactly what was missing from my gameplay. Love the new relationships with parents, siblings, and grandparents and how they effect a sim into adulthood. They finally acknowledge when their siblings or parents are on the same lot as them. Also love the family gossip phone calls that pop up. It's one of those quirky sim things that is unexpected but perfect. My first child since this pack has aged up and is "responsible and well mannered" he can make friends with anyone almost instantly with an introduction he earned from well mannered and he gets lots of chance cards and promoted like crazy from being responsible. Can't wait to see how some negative traits effect adulthood.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    sarahb5500 wrote: »
    Loving it so far. It was exactly what was missing from my gameplay. Love the new relationships with parents, siblings, and grandparents and how they effect a sim into adulthood. They finally acknowledge when their siblings or parents are on the same lot as them. Also love the family gossip phone calls that pop up. It's one of those quirky sim things that is unexpected but perfect. My first child since this pack has aged up and is "responsible and well mannered" he can make friends with anyone almost instantly with an introduction he earned from well mannered and he gets lots of chance cards and promoted like crazy from being responsible. Can't wait to see how some negative traits effect adulthood.

What are these "family gossip phone calls" you speak of? I haven't experienced them yet!
  • Options
    sarahb5500sarahb5500 Posts: 26 New Member
    > @alan650111 said:

> What are these "family gossip phone calls" you speak of? I haven't experienced them yet!

My sim's sisters will call him "to chat" and after he gets a playful moodlet saying juicy gossip then he gets a message saying which family member they called to gossip about. It's been grandparents, other siblings, aunts. They really have the family more connected from this pack. I love it!

As messed up as it sounds I'm excited to see what happens when the grandparents died. I really really hope they have negative moodlets and react to losing a family member they care about
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2017
    This GP make me stay a long time on TS4. Normally I stayed 30 mintues but now I can stay 2 hours and several times a day.
    Lu4ERme.gif