The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    edited May 2017
    Just found out that course changes for next year have to be made by the last day of school! THIS IS SO PLUM! Now I don't know how I'll be able to enroll back into public school without knowing if I'll ever be enrolled by the last day! Ugh..... Time to email.... This is so plum....
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,686 Member
    edited May 2017
    Just found out that course changes for next year have to be made by the last day of school! THIS IS SO PLUM! Now I don't know how I'll be able to enroll back into public school without knowing if I'll ever be enrolled by the last day! Ugh..... Time to email.... This is so plum....

Hello @Linds_the_kitty
    I hope that you are able to work through the details of getting enrolled back into public school, and get your course changes details made in time before the cutoff. I hope that you will soon get helpful advice back through email. I send a hug to you <3 as you work through the details and steps.
  • Options
    CupcakeViolenceCupcakeViolence Posts: 124 Member
    Have my retest for my final exam in a couple of hours.

Doing my best not to stress, I mean it's already the worst case situation right?
    I only need 55 on the test, I got this (60 is a pass in my courses)

But breathing is super tough

Wish me luck!
    Come check out my selection! Finding her Prince Charming

Or my blog
  • Options
    Have my retest for my final exam in a couple of hours.

Doing my best not to stress, I mean it's already the worst case situation right?
    I only need 55 on the test, I got this (60 is a pass in my courses)

But breathing is super tough

Wish me luck!

Hello @CupcakeViolence
    I hope that your exam goes smoothly and well. I will keep you in my thoughts over these next few hours.
    I send hugs to you <3

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,776 Member
    Two things

1) Dad can only think about his *bacon* self. This is the second time he picks seats near a speaker for a *bacon* church event. When we tried to move he picked the worst possible place for us right near the *bacon* table leg of THAT table and since I wanted MOM to be on my right.. I had to be on HER right instead and since my LEFT ear is my bad ear. I only have two complaints about church events 1)can't be too close to the speaker and I can't be at a table leg. (They're circlular tables)

2) Even though only TWO things are going on Week of June the 10th for me (not counting NOT going to the gym on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday of that week). I want to go to (town centre in town P) to have lunch because I have been there since *bacon* December on June the 7th. But Mom suggests I LOOK into having a lunch here in town but none of the choices HERE appeal to me: A Greek place (had it about the end of April), (ie Mr. Sub), a Sharma a Wimpy's or the *bacon* food court down at (street) which is basically impossible to get too which only has Tim Horton's, Wendy's, and Extreme Pita. I mean Mom says I don't have too but that I should LOOK into the ones here in town. I'm an adult I should be able to do what I want to do.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Two things

1) Dad can only think about his *bacon* self. This is the second time he picks seats near a speaker for a *bacon* church event. When we tried to move he picked the worst possible place for us right near the *bacon* table leg of THAT table and since I wanted MOM to be on my right.. I had to be on HER right instead and since my LEFT ear is my bad ear. I only have two complaints about church events 1)can't be too close to the speaker and I can't be at a table leg. (They're circlular tables)

2) Even though only TWO things are going on Week of June the 10th for me (not counting NOT going to the gym on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday of that week). I want to go to (town centre in town P) to have lunch because I have been there since *bacon* December on June the 7th. But Mom suggests I LOOK into having a lunch here in town but none of the choices HERE appeal to me: A Greek place (had it about the end of April), (ie Mr. Sub), a Sharma a Wimpy's or the *bacon* food court down at (street) which is basically impossible to get too which only has Tim Horton's, Wendy's, and Extreme Pita. I mean Mom says I don't have too but that I should LOOK into the ones here in town. I'm an adult I should be able to do what I want to do.

Hello @MadameLee
    I am sorry to hear that the seating positions at the Church event didn't turn to be too good for you, and that it caused you to feel upset. It would have caused diffculties for you when trying to hear your mother.
    Perhaps you could talk over with your mother about the lunch location choices and discuss with her the reasons why you would prefer having lunch at a particular place rather than at another place. Talking things over and giving reasons can help the other person to understand why we are preferring one choice over amother.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Two things

Hello @MadameLee
    I am sorry to hear that the seating positions at the Church event didn't turn to be too good for you, and that it caused you to feel upset. It would have caused diffculties for you when trying to hear your mother.
    Perhaps you could talk over with your mother about the lunch location choices and discuss with her the reasons why you would prefer having lunch at a particular place rather than at another place. Talking things over and giving reasons can help the other person to understand why we are preferring one choice over amother.

1) the event was good but Dad really need to think about being near speakers/table leg before suddenly sitting down. Since I have issues with both

2) I think Mom's worried about me being at (town centre) on my own and not like with New Leaf (ie my day-program) or her. But June the 7th seems to be the PERFECT time to go. Since 1)I'm going to be near a bus stop so as soon as I'm done my Wednesday job I could just hop over there 2 the bus stop and get on. 2)I'm not going to go to the gym that day (and the day before) they're doing fire alarm testing and for same reason I don't want to be near a speaker @ church event. Friday I'm going to be sleeping in due to "a Mental Health walk" on the 10th. Thursday I'm going to Medieval Times with the said New Leaf group. Since who knows when I will next have a chance to go to (town centre) since I haven't been there since Dec. Since starting in June there's going to be picnics once a month at (Park in town A) until August and since I don't know if there MIGHT be any trips planned for fall.. not to mention seeing shows in June at least in Toronto. I don't care about suppers I want a lunch at (Town Centre). Especially when I didn't get to have chips last Wednesday since Dad wouldn't let me have any..I only got to have pop and the stupid wrap (I don't care he was buying but since I'm the patient-I should be able to get something extra just beside the wrap and the pop).

On another topic why does Dad has to rant about the fact I get into the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) with my ROM membership w/ my New Leaf group but yet many years ago when DAD tried to use HIS ROM membership w/ a school group he wasn't allowed?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Two things

Hello @MadameLee

1) the event was good but Dad really need to think about being near speakers/table leg before suddenly sitting down. Since I have issues with both

2) I think Mom's worried about me being at (town centre) on my own and not like with New Leaf (ie my day-program) or her. But June the 7th seems to be the PERFECT time to go. Since 1)I'm going to be near a bus stop so as soon as I'm done my Wednesday job I could just hop over there 2 the bus stop and get on. 2)I'm not going to go to the gym that day (and the day before) they're doing fire alarm testing and for same reason I don't want to be near a speaker @ church event. Friday I'm going to be sleeping in due to "a Mental Health walk" on the 10th. Thursday I'm going to Medieval Times with the said New Leaf group. Since who knows when I will next have a chance to go to (town centre) since I haven't been there since Dec. Since starting in June there's going to be picnics once a month at (Park in town A) until August and since I don't know if there MIGHT be any trips planned for fall.. not to mention seeing shows in June at least in Toronto. I don't care about suppers I want a lunch at (Town Centre). Especially when I didn't get to have chips last Wednesday since Dad wouldn't let me have any..I only got to have pop and the plum wrap (I don't care he was buying but since I'm the patient-I should be able to get something extra just beside the wrap and the pop).

On another topic why does Dad has to rant about the fact I get into the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) with my ROM membership w/ my New Leaf group but yet many years ago when DAD tried to use HIS ROM membership w/ a school group he wasn't allowed?

Hello
    Your Mother cares about you, and is protective of you and your welfare <3 She loves you and wants the best for you, and you being on your own in the town centre may cause her anxiety. Although the reasons that you have posted why it would be good for you to have lunch there on the day are good and are understandable , it may be best to wait and have lunch out with either your parents or with others in a group. It would ease her concerns about you being alone in the town centre with your health issues.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Two things

Hello @MadameLee

2) I think Mom's worried about me being at (town centre) on my own and not like with New Leaf (ie my day-program) or her. But June the 7th seems to be the PERFECT time to go. Since 1)I'm going to be near a bus stop so as soon as I'm done my Wednesday job I could just hop over there 2 the bus stop and get on. 2)I'm not going to go to the gym that day (and the day before) they're doing fire alarm testing and for same reason I don't want to be near a speaker @ church event. Friday I'm going to be sleeping in due to "a Mental Health walk" on the 10th. Thursday I'm going to Medieval Times with the said New Leaf group. Since who knows when I will next have a chance to go to (town centre) since I haven't been there since Dec. Since starting in June there's going to be picnics once a month at (Park in town A) until August and since I don't know if there MIGHT be any trips planned for fall.. not to mention seeing shows in June at least in Toronto. I don't care about suppers I want a lunch at (Town Centre). Especially when I didn't get to have chips last Wednesday since Dad wouldn't let me have any..I only got to have pop and the plum wrap (I don't care he was buying but since I'm the patient-I should be able to get something extra just beside the wrap and the pop).

Hello
    Your Mother cares about you, and is protective of you and your welfare <3 She loves you and wants the best for you, and you being on your own in the town centre may cause her anxiety. Although the reasons that you have posted why it would be good for you to have lunch there on the day are good and are understandable , it may be best to wait and have lunch out with either your parents or with others in a group. It would ease her concerns about you being alone in the town centre with your health issues.

1)Dad only eats out with is friend who has CD now and they ONLY eat at Jack Astor's or if it's something rare like you know seeing a movie (ie Guardians of the Galaxy) and eatting at Denny's (but ONLY for supper) with Mom and I or you know last Wednesday between blood work and my doctor's appointment

2) I know how New Leaf works and I know New Leaf wouldn't be going to town centre until Nov at the latest and I can't wait that long to be at town centre again. Since June is Medieval times business, and our first picnic is going to be in June. (then two more picnics in July and August). Then several of us are going to a baseball game (ie Bluejays) in Sept. I really want to go to town centre where I'm not having to wear a *bacon* coat and boots (or shoes) all the time which is what I have to do if I'm at town centre w/ my group (even though I DO wander off on my own when there, much like how I wander off on my own in Nov. when my day-program was at the ROM because of my membership card). I don't have to wear either if you know Mom is with me (which she was the time PRIOR to December when we were at centre and we had the bundy buggy).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee

Have you tried (recently I mean as I'm sure you have tried in the past) sitting down your parents and tell them everything you've told us? Maybe clear the air and let them know how you feel in a calm and collected manner, it might help?

On a side note, do you live In the Durham region? To be specific, whitby? Cause I know their movie theatre plaza has a Denny's as well as a movie as well as a jack Asters cause I grew up near there. Sorry don't feel obligated to answer but I was just curious haha

@rosemow

Thank you for your kind words :)

I won't know how I did because my teacher has gone on holiday until Tuesday because Monday is Victoria Day (In Canada) so I hate waiting....

Or my blog
  • Options
    @MadameLee

Have you tried (recently I mean as I'm sure you have tried in the past) sitting down your parents and tell them everything you've told us? Maybe clear the air and let them know how you feel in a calm and collected manner, it might help?

On a side note, do you live In the Durham region? To be specific, whitby? Cause I know their movie theatre plaza has a Denny's as well as a movie as well as a jack Asters cause I grew up near there. Sorry don't feel obligated to answer but I was just curious haha

@rosemow

I won't know how I did because my teacher has gone on holiday until Tuesday because Monday is Victoria Day (In Canada) so I hate waiting....

Hello @CupcakeViolence
    It is great that you have now taken the exam again. It would be hard for you to wait for the results :( You would be awaiting Tuesday to come and find out how you went.
    Whatever the results, you are a very special person who is loved by your family and loved ones, and you have a caring boyfriend and family who will support you through what the future holds <3
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @MadameLee

@rosemow

@CupcakeViolence yeah I live in Durham religion and yes in Whitby (I was actually referring to THAT movie plaza we normally go to Ajax's movie theatre because of Scene card. You know Soctiabank Scene card) You can probably guess what town I was referring to also in Durham religion when referring to P town centre.

But to your former question..I didn't want to even bring it up with Mom at all since I kind of anticipated Mom's response was to look into "eat out here in town" but when the choices here are boring Nick's Grill (Greek style), Wimpy's (even though I haven't been there in Three years), food court near that elementary school which only has Tim's and Wendy's an Extreme Pita, or Mr. Sub (Fresco area ) and a Sharma place. Yet she wants me to do a "different thing every week" Like I really want to sleep in till Noon tomorrow but since I skipped Tuesday's session and 2 sessions last week at the gym (I don't have a trainer) I feel like I have to go to the gym tomorrow. But when I do sleeping on a gym day I HAVE to be on my way around noon to the gym (ie getting up at 10am so I can have playtime on computer and then about 11am have an early lunch and get out of the house.) but Mom suggest I go around an hour later then I normally do (ie 1pm) to the gym so I can sleep in till Noon. But yet I want to also be back in the house by 3pm for more computer playtime before starting supper at 5:30. I don't want to start any later then 5:30 since I'm like that. Not that I know WHAT to make at the moment.. since Friday's my turn to actually cook.

@CupcakeViolence I just am wondering do you live in Durham Region as well?

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee

Nope I live waaaaay up north now, Sudbury, hoping to make it Timmins if I passed my exam. However I spent 18 years in Durham but just couldn't bring myself to go to Durham college with all those plum people I went to high school with.

The Ajax one is a cineplex right? I remember when the Whitby one was AMC (we still consider it amc even though it's landmark?)

I mean I don't blame your mom "variety is good for the soul" and all that plum, but I'm like you I have a set routine and it is my rut. My rut is a comfy burrow that makes me feel normal and like everything is a-okay.

In reference to your making dinner comment, when I can't figure out what to eat (pizza every night is not healthy contrary to my bfs beliefs) I go to Google and search fast recipes for chicken or hamburger or whatever you have to cook with just to get some ideas. It really helps me out and may help you too... not that you have to take my suggestion haha

See, I personally schedule my gym time at 10 cause otherwise I'd sleep until afternoon (I work evenings though so it evens out) but it really helps to just pick a day, give up an hour or two of sleep and commit. Yeah I know it sucks, I'm basically a human cat, I need all of the sleep and naps so I get how annoying and frustrating it is with yourself to get up and with others telling you to get up, it's gotta be something your willing to commit to.

Schedules, they help life, and lists! I legit colour code my schedule and stuff to remain sane but that's just me haha

I don't even think I've had time to play Sims since like early-mid plant sim challenge, being an adult just sucks sometimes!

Oh oh oh! Side track, sometimes parental responses can be different than what you anticipate, you can't really know (like 120%) how someone will respond (you can try when you've lived with them for 20 odd years but they might surprise you, just food for thought :)

Now I'm off to forcibly snuggle my cat and attempt to avoid a full out panic/anxiety attack, goodnight all :)

Or my blog
  • Options
    turns out that Mom doesn't want me to waste my "Presto" card trips just to go to the town centre for lunch and then come back home.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Well I did go to doctor. Le'ts just hope I can do what he wants. One of the items I found has no possible cure. It only a skin condition.
  • Options
    james64468 wrote: »
    Well I did go to doctor. Le'ts just hope I can do what he wants. One of the items I found has no possible cure. It only a skin condition.

Hello @james64468
    I am sorry that your skin condition has no cure. I hope that the treatment that your doctor has prescribed will help to ease the effects of it on your body and ease any accompanying pain.
    It would be beneficial for your health to do as the doctor suggested.
    Sending a hug to you <3
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    @rosemow Hugs. I will try the medicine. If that don't work I will try the cure I found. He wants me to be on 1,800 diet but I know I cant keep the diet. But maybe I can do things in steps.
  • Options
    james64468 wrote: »
    @rosemow Hugs. I will try the medicine. If that don't work I will try the cure I found. He wants me to be on 1,800 diet but I know I cant keep the diet. But maybe I can do things in steps.

Hello
    I hope that the medicine helps your health issues.
    With the diet, you can adjust to the food changes gradually. Try reducing the amount of calories that you eat a little more each day. You can take it step by step. You will find that it will help with your health. You can research ways to reduce your calories intake, and still enjoy enjoyable meals. The way of doing this is to change the types of food that you eat. Some types of food have either more or less calories than others. Try researching the calories of foods. Fresh food such as fruit and vegetables are good to eat and are nutritious.
  • Options
    I was mad last night but I got over it. I dived right into my Sim story wrting 6.10 and I had written and published 6.9 earlier in the day.

It was over plumscause on rice .
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I was mad last night but I got over it. I dived right into my Sim story wrting 6.10 and I had written and published 6.9 earlier in the day.

Hello @MadameLee
    It was good that doing your sim story writing helped you when you were feeling mad. Focussing our mind and attention on doing other things can often help us when issues occur in our day and lives. It helps to calm our mind and bodies.
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee
    It was good that doing your sim story writing helped you when you were feeling mad. Focussing our mind and attention on doing other things can often help us when issues occur in our day and lives. It helps to calm our mind and bodies.

while when it takes forever to line up poses and stuff and I was already in the mood since I had nothign else to do (great I'm rhyming-hopefully I don't rap about a book I haven't even read) JK
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I'm a bit resentful of the fact my parents want to at least TRY another Sept trip. I am only resentful because of LAST year's trip the only thing I got to do all summer was go to Stratford Twice for plays and that's it. Going to Stratford means DAD has to go as well. Mom and I didn't do one MEASLY trip into Toronto last year because it "too expensive" which also means we didn't get to go to Centre Island's theme park EITHER which is what we normally do ever year. So the only time I got to spend 1 on 1 time with Mom was 1)Bible camp (and since Mom&I are the last ones to leave.. and then go to the grocery store right after) or 2)if Mom HAPPENED to be at our local library branch (which is also my bus stop after New Leaf)when I get off the bus.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I'm a bit resentful of the fact my parents want to at least TRY another Sept trip. I am only resentful because of LAST year's trip the only thing I got to do all summer was go to Stratford Twice for plays and that's it. Going to Stratford means DAD has to go as well. Mom and I didn't do one MEASLY trip into Toronto last year because it "too expensive" which also means we didn't get to go to Centre Island's theme park EITHER which is what we normally do ever year. So the only time I got to spend 1 on 1 time with Mom was 1)Bible camp (and since Mom&I are the last ones to leave.. and then go to the grocery store right after) or 2)if Mom HAPPENED to be at our local library branch (which is also my bus stop after New Leaf)when I get off the bus.

Hello @MadameLee
    There may be times either before or after the September trip for you and your Modher to visit somewhere together, just the two of you. It may help to discuss what you would like to do, with your Mother. If going somwhere together doesn't eventuate, perhaps you could spend time doing somethijg together at home. It would be enjoyable for you both. Or you could try going somehere locally instead.
    Try to make a list of suggestions of places to go or things to do, then talk air over with your Mother. You can work things through together.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Hello @MadameLee
    There may be times either before or after the September trip for you and your Modher to visit somewhere together, just the two of you. It may help to discuss what you would like to do, with your Mother. If going somwhere together doesn't eventuate, perhaps you could spend time doing somethijg together at home. It would be enjoyable for you both. Or you could try going somehere locally instead.
    Try to make a list of suggestions of places to go or things to do, then talk air over with your Mother. You can work things through together.

But mom has LESS times during the school year (Sept- mid June) because she is on-call supply teach. So during the SCHOOL year the only time we get to go ANYWHERE is on a bloody SATURDAY unless its a PA day (Friday) and she's not doing a LTO that's not an LTO (which means she has to go to work on those days as well). So I look FORWARD to the summer where we can actually do one-on-one things together (like Centre Island) on days that are NOT Saturdays or Fridays. Especially our favourite restaurant only have a 5 meal course that's only available on the other four WEEKDAYS but not on the two days we would be there. Besides there's nothing to do locally. There's no movies coming out in the summer that we're interested in, and I don't know of any plays that would be around in the summer in Toronto. I spend too much time in this measly town LAST summer and I was miserable because the more tiem I spend in this town the MORE I have to go to the gym (except for Bible Camp days which is one week only). Heck, I rather Mom and I had a trip to Ottawa during the summer because we haven't been there since Nov. 2007 and we had plans for doing other Ghost Walks of Ottawa. I wouldn't even mind gong to Quebec again to spend more time then we could when we went with the mix Gr.7 and Gr.8 students when I was in my last year of Elementary school back in 2004.

I rather do THAT then spend a lot of money on a Sept trip (Which would 100% involve yet ANOTHER cruise). I would want even a summer trip back to Italy to spend a couple of days in Rome, and in Naples, or in Florence (where we got less then half a day to explore because of course cruise last year) but I would rather do those kind of trips w/o Dad. Dad's the one pushing the cruises and yet Mom and I want to be able to actually "Take in" the various ...touristy stuff (which we can't...if we only send less then half the day in a certain place except for Athens prior and after our first cruise and then Venice prior to our second cruise and after it, Barcelona ). Mom said (after our 2011 trip to London&Paris) that we would go back in 20015 to London&Paris but it's 2017 and we still haven't. Since Mom still wants to go to Bath, UK and we want to see that dollhouse thing at some castle that we were at but didn't get to see because of the long line and we were on a bus tour. And there were some other stuff as well but I don't remember them.
    6adMCGP.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top