Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    How does this pack stack up so far to the Generations pack from S3?

Well as a huge sims 3 fans. ( My fist sims game). I'll say kinda well. Keep in mind Generations is an expansion pack. While this is a game pack so this will be smaller. Sims seem to be able to set curfews, and kids teens now can get in trouble.

Didn't people complain that Generations was smaller than the other expansion packs, back in the day? I loved it because it added lots of little details but it was more subtle than the other EPs for Sims 3. Given the fact that the Parenthood pack is in some ways a successor to Generations, I can definitely see why the team chose a Game Pack for this one.

It's taking one aspect of Generations (family/parenting) and giving it its own emphasis, similar to the way they took vampires out of the nightlife-type packs and gave them a lot more attention. We could still see a Generations type pack later with content for all the age stages, or some of the features could be rolled into other packs.

You know prom could come in a Seasons type pack/graduation/prom etc. If they would think about seasons that way.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Could someone ask on Twitter for me about if Sim parents can be one of THOSE parents (ie the one who takes over the child's project and do it themselves?) I tried to ask last night but I didn't get a reply
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Is the game going to be available for pre-order?

Only EPs have been available for pre-order for Sims 4. SPs and GPs have not been.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    http://simscommunity.info/2017/05/16/the-sims-4-parenthood-official-assets-renders-logo-boxart-screens/

Can't seem to get the picture of it in, but I keep wondering if this box art means that elders can still parent their adult children, or if it was just staged.

I saw in the trailer an elder looking over instructions, so it looks at least like older relatives (grandparents and such) can help with school projects and such.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Well as a huge sims 3 fans. ( My fist sims game). I'll say kinda well. Keep in mind Generations is an expansion pack. While this is a game pack so this will be smaller. Sims seem to be able to set curfews, and kids teens now can get in trouble.

Didn't people complain that Generations was smaller than the other expansion packs, back in the day? I loved it because it added lots of little details but it was more subtle than the other EPs for Sims 3. Given the fact that the Parenthood pack is in some ways a successor to Generations, I can definitely see why the team chose a Game Pack for this one.

It's taking one aspect of Generations (family/parenting) and giving it its own emphasis, similar to the way they took vampires out of the nightlife-type packs and gave them a lot more attention. We could still see a Generations type pack later with content for all the age stages, or some of the features could be rolled into other packs.

You know prom could come in a Seasons type pack/graduation/prom etc. If they would think about seasons that way.

If they did University as more of a general schools pack (where you could have a semi-active school, sort of like the CL careers where you either go to work or work from home), proms/graduation could be part of that.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

Adding "soon" to the Are We There Yet? section.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Mood swings are back according to Sim Guru Ninja on Twitter. Struggling to do screenshots as on mobile
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

If they did University as more of a general schools pack (where you could have a semi-active school, sort of like the CL careers where you either go to work or work from home), proms/graduation could be part of that.
    I hope they bring back the boarding school option as well if they do something like this. I loved that addition in TS3. I often send kids off when the household gets to be too crowded.
  • Options
    "Does that mean mood swings are back?" (asks @MidnightAura )

Will we get the three-teen household in the announce trailer? asks a Simmer who might be @SmallWhale here
  • Options
    Mood swings are back according to Sim Guru Ninja on Twitter. Struggling to do screenshots as on mobile

Gotcha :)
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    A robot made from tin cans, a button, with a spoon for an arm. I want my Sim to make one as a child and keep it until she's an Elder. That's the cutest thing ever.
    LilRobot.jpg
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I love all the school projects. I just noticed, after the umpteenth time watching the trailer, that the planets revolve on the universe one.
  • Options
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Could someone ask on Twitter for me about if Sim parents can be one of THOSE parents (ie the one who takes over the child's project and do it themselves?) I tried to ask last night but I didn't get a reply

Yes. A child/teen can start the project and the adult could take over it.
    (I've seen this too many times IRL. Some of the "children's" projects in my 5 yr old's class were obviously done by their parents.)

@SimGuruNinja thanks for replying to my question!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    Sim Guru Ninja has told me on twitter that parents can tuck children in!

That's a nice touch to add, I'm very happy and satisfied of course it could be better but I'm happy for what we got. I love toddlers making their debut and now we will be able to interact with our teens like punishment and curfews and I heard something about timeout I'm hoping we can put our toddlers and child children in time out. I'm just very excited!
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Again, this sounds great .. cause it says "more" :dizzy:

This is amazing and I'm so happy, I hope you guys are just as happy about all of the updates were getting. I think the game is growing and will only get better. When Sims 4 came out I was quite disappointed and to boot we didn't have toddlers so I went back to playing sims 3 for a minute but as things went along and we started to get more content I started back playing and then they gave us toddlers via free dlc I was ecstatic so lets all be patient with the team because I believe were going to be pleasantly surprised. Yay I'm excited guys!
  • Options
    Grandparents can use their parenting skill on the grand-kids. :smiley:
    They're also a great source of advice for new parents.
    (from here)
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I honestly had no idea this was a thing you did @luthienrising . (I live under a rock with my roommate Patrick Star..)

Very well done!!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I love toddlers making their debut and now we will be able to interact with our teens like punishment and curfews and I heard something about timeout I'm hoping we can put our toddlers and child children in time out.

Me too. When the toddlers start yelling at and hitting others (particularly the "fussy" ones), I end up putting them right to bed, no matter where their energy bar is....that's basically their punishment and "time out" since the lecturing about misbehavior and scolding doesn't seem to have much impact, other than making the fussy ones even madder, lol. Will be nice to have some actual discipline options for troublemaker toddlers, haha.

@SimGuruNinja Will there be any family activities that the toddler can participate in too? Like a game or project that they can do with their parents and/or siblings? The science projects would obviously be too sophisticated for them but hoping there's some other activity they can all do together.

• Options
    MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    Will there be some new haircuts for toddlers?
  • Options

Ooh I wonder if there's a consequence for reading your siblings diary? There should be. My sister read my diary when I was a kid and I went mad!

I'm so loving the little girls hair they did an awesome job this time!
  • Options
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I honestly had no idea this was a thing you did @luthienrising . (I live under a rock with my roommate Patrick Star..)

Very well done!!

Aw, thank you! I started doing it just for myself because it would take so long to find the things I remembered a SimGuru said, and I figured it was just as easy to do it here as in a doc just for me. But it's turned into a fun way I get to interact with the community because people bring things here, and they get excited (most often in a positive way) :)

Also, now I know who Patrick Star is! (I'm just the right age that me and my kids managed to miss Spongebob on either side of it.)
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    So apparently teens can break their punishment (like sneaking out after curfew or playing a video game they are restricted from) which can make the parents really maaad? Can we then ground them until they are 43 years of age? I think that would be appropriate, although I have to admit my own kids never took it seriously. Haha, can't wait to see what the consequences may be!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    So apparently teens can break their punishment (like sneaking out after curfew or playing a video game they are restricted from) which can make the parents really maaad? Can we then ground them until they are 43 years of age? I think that would be appropriate, although I have to admit my own kids never took it seriously. Haha, can't wait to see what the consequences may be!

yes me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top