Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GP 05

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    This pack is definitely based around childhood and how the childhood can affect children in their future life. I also think because of this elders have not been included.

Well elders could be included as they often tend to help kids with projects too - so probably anything the parents can do - grandma and grandpa could do if they are tending the kids too. Guess we have to wait and see to be sure. LOL.

I don't think the parenting skill will be age-exclusive to YAs and adults, so I'm guessing everything these age groups will be able to do with the pack will also be available to elders. Just imagine kids living with / getting raised by their grandparents.

I can picture some overwhelmed young parents begging their own parents (their kids' grandparents) to help them with the kids. Since they're older they may have a higher parenting skill and may come in handy around the house to help keep the young kids under control

Might make more reason to keep Grandma or Grandpa around in the house to help out -- if they raised their own kids they likely have a full Parenting Skill already. You could even have the scenario of the ambitious parents who are always working, leaving the child rearing to the kids' grandparents. Could encourage a lot more multi-generational play as well, thus giving more for elders to do with their grandchildren. I can see that sort of play being ideal for legacy players.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    A lot of people wanted more meaningful family interactions and they seem to have delivered on that. They gave us things families can do together like the school projects and new games plus setting the table, all of which can be shown in a trailer or LB. But they also gave us interactions that may not show up until adulthood, like manners, which is hard to show in a trailer or LB. All of this sounds better than the Generations pack from S3 to me.

Yeah, what if a Sim is never taught to stop farting in public, or belching..then you run into them when they are an adult. This is going to make a difference in what type of Sim you meet in my opinion. :)

Perhaps it could cause troublesome moodlets if they do it during the day of an active career.

Or maybe that sort of behavior makes it harder to move forward in career/small performance losses. And of course it might make it tough to find romantic partners who can ignore that sort of thing.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    edited May 2017
    How will the pack affect the unplayed households? I don't nessesarily want a whole neighbourhood of messy, rude adults etc.
    Edit: typos
    I am the champion, my friend
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    This pack is definitely based around childhood and how the childhood can affect children in their future life. I also think because of this elders have not been included.

Well elders could be included as they often tend to help kids with projects too - so probably anything the parents can do - grandma and grandpa could do if they are tending the kids too. Guess we have to wait and see to be sure. LOL.

I don't think the parenting skill will be age-exclusive to YAs and adults, so I'm guessing everything these age groups will be able to do with the pack will also be available to elders. Just imagine kids living with / getting raised by their grandparents.

I can picture some overwhelmed young parents begging their own parents (their kids' grandparents) to help them with the kids. Since they're older they may have a higher parenting skill and may come in handy around the house to help keep the young kids under control

Might make more reason to keep Grandma or Grandpa around in the house to help out -- if they raised their own kids they likely have a full Parenting Skill already. You could even have the scenario of the ambitious parents who are always working, leaving the child rearing to the kids' grandparents. Could encourage a lot more multi-generational play as well, thus giving more for elders to do with their grandchildren. I can see that sort of play being ideal for legacy players.

Yes!! But then those parents will make terrible grandparents because they didn't raise their own kids so they would hardly have any parenting skills! :p
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    How will the pack affect the unplayed households? I don't nessesarily want a whole neighbourhood of messy, rude adults etc.

I imagine it won't effect them at all like anything else in this game.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2017
    I think the Maxis Sims anyway - will probably depend on their traits - but I don't believe we will know for sure until we get the pack. I would just assume they are more neutral than any extremes unless a type of trait dominates that. We would actually have to look at the programming for non-played Maxis sims. Now the homeless I would worry could be off the wall in all kinds of directions because those are generated by the game as needed - so those you might have to especially watch out for more than the Maxis unplayed.

I would assume some sim with a slob trait would be most foul if never taught any manners. But again that is just an assumption on my part.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I imagine a sim could affect the behaviour of child sims they meet, to a certain extent.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have a family with two gay dads that work and have two adopted boys (they were best friends in the adoption center and the dads decided not to separate them) that live in a big house with one dads parents. In the mornings, Grandma makes everyone breakfast, and the dads go to work and the boys go to school. Grandma and Grandpa work on skills (or nap) until the boys come home. While Grandma helps the kids with home work, Grandpa cooks supper and they all eat when the dads come home. On weekends, they all hang out together. So, I hope the parenting skills are there for the grandparents, too.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm sure it won't effect non played Sims.
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • Options
    And also, thinking about unplayed households, how will it affect rotational play? Will kids eventually get naughty if uou haven the payed any attention to the house?
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I can't wait for this!!
    Family play will be better for me now
    I really hope they livestream it.

They will next Friday on the 26th! I believe on twitch!
  • Options
    Yes I'm getting this on release day! I want new family play to be released into my ever crashing game! :)
  • Options
    I love it. I got relaxed parent in the quiz. Gutted we have to wait another 2 weeks though!

Yeah but as entertainment as least we have the simmers that complain about the game before it's even out and knowing about all of it's features. I'm going to get my popcorn, my mountain dew, sit back and enjoy what people dislike about the new game as if it's been out for two months.
  • Options
    I have a family with two gay dads that work and have two adopted boys (they were best friends in the adoption center and the dads decided not to separate them) that live in a big house with one dads parents. In the mornings, Grandma makes everyone breakfast, and the dads go to work and the boys go to school. Grandma and Grandpa work on skills (or nap) until the boys come home. While Grandma helps the kids with home work, Grandpa cooks supper and they all eat when the dads come home. On weekends, they all hang out together. So, I hope the parenting skills are there for the grandparents, too.

Grandparents can use their parenting skill on the grand-kids. :smiley:
    They're also a great source of advice for new parents.

Yay! Great news. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

I highly doubt this is in the new GP but can non-liveable grandchildren spend time with their cousins and grandparents if the cousins' parents are in like a legacy home?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Thank you for confirming this! Will there be special interactions between child and grandparent?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2017
    Can Parents continue to parent their Children even though they're not Children/Teenagers anymore?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member

Yay!!!! That makes me so happy!

I gather that kids, teens and toddlers will autonomously act up. But will parents autonomously react and act?

Also will teens autonomously sneak out?

PS: thank you spell check, that's the most times I've ever typed autonomously in one posting had no idea how to spell it.
  • Options
    What about divorced parents that live separately? The mom teaches them manners when they are at her house, but the dad teaches them to burp and fart when they are at his house. I wonder how the kiddies will turn out.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Not just childhood but teendom as well -- I think teens even more than children are going to benefit from this, especially if you want to have slightly more rebellious teens. I found that somehow my Sim's mom had autonomously developed a dislike for my Sim's boyfriend, so it made it relatively easy for me to decide to move the two of them out to an apartment in San Myshuno. Maybe if the same situation came up post-Parenthood pack, my Sim would have broken up with the boy instead, or there would have been some sort of punishments when she came home late after a night of bowling with her friends. I almost wish that this GP had been released before the Bowling Night Stuff pack for that reason -- maybe now there'll be even more use for it in games.
    I thought of the Bowling Pack after I saw the trailer for this one. I didn't buy Bowling, but I can see it being more useful after Parenting is released so I may well buy the two together.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2017

Great to read this. I already use grandparents in my homes and skill them up as cook, gardeners and handymen to look after the children after sending the parents out to work. That's my ideal family. I always extend their lives to do this - poor devils!
  • Options
    littlebopeeplittlebopeep Posts: 28 New Member
    I'm most excited about the traits influenced by parenting. I'm just hoping they're not just skill boost reward-type traits. xD
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »

Great to read this. I already use grandparents in my homes and skill them up as cook, gardeners and handymen to look after the children after sending the parents out to work. That's my ideal family. I always extend their lives to do this - poor devils!

I do this with grandparents, too. Why let them retire in peace when you can make them family slaves.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2017
    I usually keep the grandparents in the same house as one of their grown up children and grandchildren, but in one of my current saves, I plan to move out some of them into an apartment block and have the entire block as a retirement home. So far the only elders I've got are patriarchs of wealthy families (king and mafia boss) so they are remaining in their family homes their entire lives. But once my more "ordinary" played sims reach elderhood, I'll start work on the retirement home. Hopefully they can hang out with each other, invite the kids and grandchildren over, etc.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.