Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GP 05

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    To me the trailer didn't had me any interest or "wow" factor to it. All I saw in it was a few toddlers feature (which I don't really care for, especally that particular life-stage), a child with a few interactions with parents (which may lead me to believe that its disapointled to having parents around for those to function), and a teen getting punished/grounded (which doesn't sound much fun by itself to hook me up to this GP, other than just being there as a useful interaction). Honestly, I would expected/wanted more for these packs for more well know and mostly backyard playground objects, like swings, slides and ect. I'm honestly tired of having my children sims stay at home and having no activities to perform outside apart from that repetitived/monotonous pirate-ship-thing. Not only just some creativity/constructive-based tables for children to use, as demonstrated in the trailer

Maddis wrote: »
    I realy like the Idea of volunteering with your family!

Unbenannt_1.png

Do you think this refers to some real gameplay? There are no beaches and nursing homes in the basegame ...
    Could be hinting features for other future-coming DLC packs, so not necessary related/limited to this particular pack.

I think there's a difference though -- the current activities for children/teens are pretty much solo. The parent or other adult tells the child/teen what to do, like when helping with homework or the child drawing on the table. These new activities look like they're a lot more hands on for both the child and the parent. Maybe the child can do it on his/her own, but has a better chance of success or better quality project if a parent or other older Sim helps them (I hope teens could also help as well -- if you have a family with parents who are more interested in partying or working than in raising the kids, a teen sibling might take on the role of "parent").
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Did anyone else notice that it appeared as if the one brother flicked the nose of the other brother before Mom came in to referee?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    To me the trailer didn't had me any interest or "wow" factor to it. All I saw in it was a few toddlers feature (which I don't really care for, especally that particular life-stage), a child with a few interactions with parents (which may lead me to believe that its disapointled to having parents around for those to function), and a teen getting punished/grounded (which doesn't sound much fun by itself to hook me up to this GP, other than just being there as a useful interaction). Honestly, I would expected/wanted more for these packs for more well know and mostly backyard playground objects, like swings, slides and ect. I'm honestly tired of having my children sims stay at home and having no activities to perform outside apart from that repetitived/monotonous pirate-ship-thing. Not only just some creativity/constructive-based tables for children to use, as demonstrated in the trailer

Maddis wrote: »
    I realy like the Idea of volunteering with your family!

Unbenannt_1.png

Do you think this refers to some real gameplay? There are no beaches and nursing homes in the basegame ...
    Could be hinting features for other future-coming DLC packs, so not necessary related/limited to this particular pack.

I think there's a difference though -- the current activities for children/teens are pretty much solo. The parent or other adult tells the child/teen what to do, like when helping with homework or the child drawing on the table. These new activities look like they're a lot more hands on for both the child and the parent. Maybe the child can do it on his/her own, but has a better chance of success or better quality project if a parent or other older Sim helps them (I hope teens could also help as well -- if you have a family with parents who are more interested in partying or working than in raising the kids, a teen sibling might take on the role of "parent").

or maybe the parents die young and the teen has to take on the role of the parent?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    RubyxAngel wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Trimoth wrote: »
    This looks awful. But I've said before I'm no family player. This is possibly the most unecessary useless pack imo. A few items and acne for teens? Where is the gameplay... I'll still buy but very very disappointed. I wanted preteens or school or something to make this pack worth buying. All I saw was boring

1)grounding/chores 2)school project (ie backyard rockets and the classic volcano) 3)teens being more rebellious

that's the game play

I still feel like teens being angrier, school creative homework and grounding as the gameplay for a game pack doesn't seem as big as the other game packs we had with much more features:
    • the vampire game pack: big vampire system, new life stage, new world.
    • camping game pack: New world, vacation system, many new objects.
    • restaurant game pack: Huge new system with a playable interactive career, loads of new objects and dishes.
    • I haven't played spa pack but looks like it contains many new playable objects and new interactions e.g. massages, saunas, mud baths etc
    which is maybe why some people feel a bit let down, thinking it would have as much content as the other game packs, but I keep hoping that there is more they just haven't showed us everything yet. I do love the parent/kids theme though!

There are the Character Value Traits that Sims get when they age up depending on how they were parented -- so parenting has actual consequences. That's probably as big as the skills tree in Vampires. Maybe if the parents were laid-back and permissive, a Sim gets a Slacker trait that makes it harder to get promotions or gives them a Tense moodlet from work more often. A Sim raised in a family without much affection could have trouble becoming close to his/her own children. It's the kind of thing you can't really show in a trailer (I'd expect a few more blog posts to fill in the gaps) but could have an impact on gameplay.

I think this pack involves a lot more "under the hood" sort of work rather than flashy shiny things you can see on the outside -- it's a lot more interaction based rather than ohject based, which is what a lot of players were actually hoping for. More about Sims relating to each other in the context of family and less about interacting through "stuff".
  • Options
    lyra wrote: »
    I'm really excited about it, it's a lot of gameplay that I wanted to see in the game since the beginning. I'm also grateful that they seem to be taking a leaf out of TS2's book with family gameplay. I will be buying!

I have a feeling it's been on the drawing board for a while but needed to wait until toddlers were patched in to get the finishing touches. That could be why we're getting it only about 5 months after the last GP (Vampires0.
  • Options
    A lot of people wanted more meaningful family interactions and they seem to have delivered on that. They gave us things families can do together like the school projects and new games plus setting the table, all of which can be shown in a trailer or LB. But they also gave us interactions that may not show up until adulthood, like manners, which is hard to show in a trailer or LB. All of this sounds better than the Generations pack from S3 to me.
  • Options
    Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    This pack is definitely based around childhood and how the childhood can affect children in their future life. I also think because of this elders have not been included.
    I am the champion, my friend
  • Options
    This pack is definitely based around childhood and how the childhood can affect children in their future life. I also think because of this elders have not been included.

Not just childhood but teendom as well -- I think teens even more than children are going to benefit from this, especially if you want to have slightly more rebellious teens. I found that somehow my Sim's mom had autonomously developed a dislike for my Sim's boyfriend, so it made it relatively easy for me to decide to move the two of them out to an apartment in San Myshuno. Maybe if the same situation came up post-Parenthood pack, my Sim would have broken up with the boy instead, or there would have been some sort of punishments when she came home late after a night of bowling with her friends. I almost wish that this GP had been released before the Bowling Night Stuff pack for that reason -- maybe now there'll be even more use for it in games.
  • Options

Not just childhood but teendom as well -- I think teens even more than children are going to benefit from this, especially if you want to have slightly more rebellious teens. I found that somehow my Sim's mom had autonomously developed a dislike for my Sim's boyfriend, so it made it relatively easy for me to decide to move the two of them out to an apartment in San Myshuno. Maybe if the same situation came up post-Parenthood pack, my Sim would have broken up with the boy instead, or there would have been some sort of punishments when she came home late after a night of bowling with her friends. I almost wish that this GP had been released before the Bowling Night Stuff pack for that reason -- maybe now there'll be even more use for it in games.
    When releasing previous packs before, the gurus said that newer packs will still be incorporated some how in the older packs. I'm pretty sure they said this around the time of GT. For example, when you are choosing club activities, you can select options such as things related to camping, things related to the spa, things related to bowling. If there are curfews, like a few people mentioned, I'm sure that when your teen goes bowling, they'll be a set curfew and punishments.

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    Hmm I wonder if club activities will be affected by the new pack. I hope so :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Hmm I wonder if club activities will be affected by the new pack. I hope so :)
    I would presume so! Every single pack so far has affected clubs in some way. Maybe the renagardes will get even more rebellious now that rebellious teenagers are being introduced. It would be quite interesting what club activities would take place though.

• Options
    @SimGuruNinja Will there be any club activities related to this pack? If not, does the pack affect people outside of the family, e.g. Will friends also get in trouble with the son/daughter?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Here is the trailer of GP05! It looks really good. Will you buy it?

Only when it goes on for 1/2 price. I'm not a big family style player and especially not since they upped the odds of twins/triplets with the toddler patch.

I haven't even played toddlers for a full day yet.

I don't play much any more, and this won't make me want to. So, on sale it is.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2017
    lovlyb wrote: »
    One question though, Why no bunk beds, kids play ground objects like swings, sandbox, toddler pool, sew saws, slides etc. ?

Most likely they will tell you because this is a FAMILY pack not a kids pack or a playground pack. It is things the family do together and the upbringing of the kids. Playground equip needs to be in a park pack or outdoor activities pack seeing it is mostly just for kid age kids.

They need a pack called Family Outing - and include picnic baskets and blanket - games of catch, croquette, playground equipment with swings for toddlers etc. I'd love that.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited May 2017

Well elders could be included as they often tend to help kids with projects too - so probably anything the parents can do - grandma and grandpa could do if they are tending the kids too. Guess we have to wait and see to be sure. LOL. They probably did not show it otherwise some people who don't care for elders in their games might have been upset if it looked at all like it forced the issue. Like the stories elders could share with the young in Sims 2 that boosted their skill - some people did not like it that only elders could do that. So that could be why there is no elder specific thing but perhaps they included them to assume the roles parents would play when they are carrying for the kids. I hope they did, as I like grandparents playing an active part of my sims kids lives too - but know others who disagree with that. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Well elders could be included as they often tend to help kids with projects too - so probably anything the parents can do - grandma and grandpa could do if they are tending the kids too. Guess we have to wait and see to be sure. LOL.

I don't think the parenting skill will be age-exclusive to YAs and adults, so I'm guessing everything these age groups will be able to do with the pack will also be available to elders. Just imagine kids living with / getting raised by their grandparents.

I agree.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

When releasing previous packs before, the gurus said that newer packs will still be incorporated some how in the older packs. I'm pretty sure they said this around the time of GT. For example, when you are choosing club activities, you can select options such as things related to camping, things related to the spa, things related to bowling. If there are curfews, like a few people mentioned, I'm sure that when your teen goes bowling, they'll be a set curfew and punishments.

I know that -- it's just that so many people didn't see any use for Bowling when it first came out, now it can be a place where teens hang out to get away from their parents and get punished when they come home late. B) In one of my saves, my teen came home really late but I had no way to have her parents get really mad other than using Yell At under Mean interactions.
  • Options
    NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > I love it. I got relaxed parent in the quiz. Gutted we have to wait another 2 weeks though!

I took the quiz 4 times and got Fun Parent 4 times, then went crazy trying anything else and got strict parent twice, oh well Fun parent I guess for now we'll see what the game thinks when I actually play the game pack after it comes out....
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Well elders could be included as they often tend to help kids with projects too - so probably anything the parents can do - grandma and grandpa could do if they are tending the kids too. Guess we have to wait and see to be sure. LOL.

I don't think the parenting skill will be age-exclusive to YAs and adults, so I'm guessing everything these age groups will be able to do with the pack will also be available to elders. Just imagine kids living with / getting raised by their grandparents.

I can picture some overwhelmed young parents begging their own parents (their kids' grandparents) to help them with the kids. Since they're older they may have a higher parenting skill and may come in handy around the house to help keep the young kids under control
  • Options
    A single mom that works may need her moms help raising the grandkids, so hopefully grandma can parent just as well as mom could.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    @SimGuruNinja Will there be any club activities related to this pack? If not, does the pack affect people outside of the family, e.g. Will friends also get in trouble with the son/daughter?

Good question, Hoping for Do's/Don'ts include:
    -Defying parents
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    A lot of people wanted more meaningful family interactions and they seem to have delivered on that. They gave us things families can do together like the school projects and new games plus setting the table, all of which can be shown in a trailer or LB. But they also gave us interactions that may not show up until adulthood, like manners, which is hard to show in a trailer or LB. All of this sounds better than the Generations pack from S3 to me.

Yeah, what if a Sim is never taught to stop farting in public, or belching..then you run into them when they are an adult. This is going to make a difference in what type of Sim you meet in my opinion. :)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Yeah, what if a Sim is never taught to stop farting in public, or belching..then you run into them when they are an adult. This is going to make a difference in what type of Sim you meet in my opinion. :)

Perhaps it could cause troublesome moodlets if they do it during the day of an active career.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    A new trailer soon about this GP. (Probably the 23th May)
    Lu4ERme.gif