Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There is a new short clip that you might want to add @luthienrising https://simsvip.com/2017/05/18/sims-4-parenthood-parenting-clip/

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @luthienrising Of course! Thank you for this thread!
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »

Doctor playset for children has multiple animations, not just using stethoscope on the teddy bear.

@luthienrising you may want to add the above under "other gameplay objects" referring to the stethoscope interaction.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @SimGuruNinja sims can really put the table?

More importantly, if they can set the table, is there a chance they can also make...their beds again?
  • Options

Doctor playset for children has multiple animations, not just using stethoscope on the teddy bear.

@luthienrising you may want to add the above under "other gameplay objects" referring to the stethoscope interaction.

I'm a little worried that some of the details for objects will add up to a lot of them, but I'll add this one :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    @SimGuruNinja in regards to these family values, would it also be possible for parents to transfer their geekiness to their kids?
  • Options
    Drown luth in the details; that's MY motto!

@SimGuruNinja speaking of details, what about the bed-making? :p
  • Options
    itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    edited May 2017
    @SimGuruNinja Will sims continue to autonomously put toys, dishes, books, etc away, or will how they are raised determine whether they clean up v. leave the room a mess?
    Post edited by itsmegamo on
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @luthienrising I'm kind of lost but what's the difference between launch trailer and "Gameplay trailer"?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    The first trailer is a quick visual taste of what's to come and the second is more focused around the gameplay of the pack and how it change and/or adds to your existing game.

@SimGuruNinja thanks for replying to my question. I never really paid much attention before to the difference.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @SimGuruNinja Is there anything new for toddlers in this pack, gameplay wise?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They can bite and make messes so now I won't be able to take my eyes off of them for a second or else I'll have to clean up the place.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    @SImGuruNinja will this add boy/girlfriend options in cas thru relationships ties?
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    @SImGuruNinja will this add boy/girlfriend options in cas thru relationships ties?

This is really needed.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options

This is really needed.

It is, but I'd be surprised to get a "yes" on it for this pack. Seems to me so far that this one's focused pretty tightly on parent-child relationships.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    @SimGuruNinja

Pardon if this has been answered but are we going to have 10 sims on a lot? I know this is parenting, but it's a really great way to add this feature in TS4.

Thanks!!
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited May 2017
    This game pack reminds me of Modern Family!

Phil Dunphy being the awesom-est and chill dad.
    Claire Dunphy being the most strict and loving mother.
    Mitchell and Cameron Tucker dealing with Lilly's bad child attitude.
    Gloria Pritchett dealing with Joe's bad toddler attitude.
    Jay Pritchett being the great step-dad to Manny Delgado.

Oh my goddddddddddddd!

And also,
    Haley Dunphy being the rebel type.
    Alex Dunphy being the nerd.
    Luke Dunphy being the weird one and who's about to deal with being a teenager.
    Lilly Tucker-Pritchett being a child.
    Manny Delgado being the most matured and disciplined child.
    Joe Pritchett being the fussy toddler.

I'M SO EXCITED TO HAVE THIS GAME PACK!!!

Stella being the best dog if we get pets expansion pack which is definitely coming!
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017
    Pardon if this has been answered but are we going to have 10 sims on a lot? I know this is parenting, but it's a really great way to add this feature in TS4.
    I'm 99.9999999% certain that isn't happening. They would never do something like that in a pack, otherwise only the people who bought the pack would have 10 sims in a household and the people who didn't buy the pack would have only 8. That isn't something really specific to the theme of a game pack and is more of a massive structural change to the base game. Anything like that would be in a free patch, not a themed content pack.

However, there are mods out there that will let you increase the size of a household and the number of sims allowed on lots at one time.

• Options
    I'm 99.9999999% certain that isn't happening. They would never do something like that in a pack, otherwise only the people who bought the pack would have 10 sims in a household and the people who didn't buy the pack would have only 8. That isn't something really specific to the theme of a game pack and is more of a massive structural change to the base game. Anything like that would be in a free patch, not a themed content pack.

However, there are mods out there that will let you increase the size of a household and the number of sims allowed on lots at one time.

True and I don't really think they'll add it either but they could of course add it through the pre-GP patch (personally, I think it's highly possible the ability for grandparents etc to be caregivers might also be patched in rather than exclusive but I'm really just guessing now) ;)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I doubt that there will ever be more than eight sims living on one lot, especially when they add pets to the lots.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @SimGuruNinja 1) can adults use diaries or is it only for child &teens? 2)can we do the opposite of teaching kids NOT to swear/can kids pick up swearing from their parent(s)?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Are there any new jobs?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top