Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    You are so very creative with your Alien Baby Nursery room! @lsnishi :) It is great to now discover what the little alien babies travel in on their way back to Sixam! :) The alien transport ship looks very nice! The white , black and teal colour scheme of the room looks nice. The map on the wall so that the aliens can chart their way home looks great! The computer desk there to navigate the spaceship is great! The spaceship port hole windows are a nice touch in the room! Very nice alien bassinet nook in the room. The machines look great either sides of it, and the striped wall area behind it looks great! The water cylinder with the skeleton in it looks great! Very nice spaceship themed chairs nook in the middle of the room. The aliens will enjoy sitting resting there on the long trip back to Sixam. The collectible aliens look great on the table between the chairs and on the side wall table. The yellow and orange koalas are cute in the room! The barrels, yellow danger signs, and type of door used looks great in the spaceship! The alien themed pictures are a nice touch on the walls. The scientific machine and sattelite dish look great in the room! It is a nice touch that there is an alien baby birth certificate on the wall. The patterned floor rugs in the room looks very nice! The items are nice touches on the wall shelves in the room .
    It is a very creatively designed and furnished alien transport spaceship nursery room! :)
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2017
    @lsnishi Brilliant alien baby nursery!
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you for your kind comments @rosemow and @withlovejulien. And congrats on your Maxis fav! You deserved it!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    @lsnishi --- I really like your alien nursery. It is very interesting :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    Thanks fellow simmers for the inspiring comments on my room! This thread is so supportive. I love it!

@rosemow you do an exceptional job keeping up with everyone's posts. It's truly unbelievable. Thanks for creating this thread in the first place so we could all have an outlet to design beautiful and creative rooms.

And I'm going to piggy back on what @alifesizeddoll said earlier, it's definitely hard to keep up with the posts and comment on each one specifically, but I do look at everyone's design and really appreciate the talent each person has. It's just such fun to come here and see all the lovely rooms after a long day at work.

Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    edited May 2017
    My computer is acting odd so I'm going to keep this short. Great rooms everybody.
    Post edited by lotlot80 on

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

edited May 2017
    A Baby Nursery
    Gallery Name of Room: THE LADY IN MY LIFE
    Origin ID: lotlot80
    Gallery link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3FA7DEBE338A11E78A9D3423E325F46A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lotlot80&max=50&maxis=false

baby.jpg

To See More pictures and download

--->>>
    Please Go Here<<<----

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

The Lady in My Life is such a very elegantly nice and very cute nursery room! @lotlot80 :) The red and pink colour scheme of the room looks so very nice! The lady bird theme of the room looks so very great! Very nice type of and placement of the curtains in the room! The bassinet nook is very pretty! The square panels on the pretty pink wall, the fencing bordering the nook, the draped red curtains, and the lady bird wall picture complement each other to create a very nice bassinet nook for the little baby girl! The lady birds look so cute either sides sides of the nook, in the corners of the room ! The red flower wall decor are nice touches on the walls. The changing table area is very nice! The lady bird pictures look so very creatively nice how they have been placed on the branches of the tree on the wall! The toiletries and towels are nice home touches on the changing table. The red watering can of flowers looks pretty on the towel shelf . It looks very nice how the lady bird pictures have been placed in the dome shape frames on the wall! The lady birds look cute on the wall shelves! The heart teddy is cute also in the room! The parents will enjoy reading stories to their little baby, from the books in the bookcase. Nice red chair sitting nook in the corner of the room. The flowers on the nearby tall shelving is a nice touch,
    The lady bird theme of the room is so very creative! The name of the room is great! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    edited May 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is nice that you sent shopping for dollhouse furniture today @Jazztizz :) The dollhouse that you are making for your granddaughters will be very special <3
    I hope that the story collaboration that you are doing with your graphic artist friend progresses very well. Story writing is a very special,way of expressing our creativity :)

@Rosemow thanks so much. Actually making a play house using the lighthouse build. This dollhouse her mommy bought her (such a great gift). So every holiday it's easy to know what Evie wants. Kel is a shrink so apparently this is a very good developmental tool for kids. Guess we never stop developing. =) Thanks for your kind comments re the novel. My friend teaches art and is going for her Masters in art so we have to fit this in during holiday breaks. Long-term project.
    Thank you @Jazztizz for your wonderful comment :)! I'm glad you liked how Extra Extra Nursery came out.

@coolsim9999999 my pleasure. Thank you for your comments too! = )
    chips46 wrote: »
    @Jazztizz sometimes it's hard to come up with ideas naming our builds or rooms it's amazing how the mind thinks when I was thinking for a name for my Nursery room I see a baby's face and then there was a sun behind the baby's face and then that image it remind me of a kids tv show many years ago when my kids were little here is a picture of it also there's an Aussie song Little Ray Of Sunshine sung by Glenn Shorrock & Brian Cadd thats how I got to name my Nursery room lol

@chips46
    I remember that show. = ) I never heard that song but really enjoyed listening to it. Thanks for sharing it. = ) That is a great room name for a baby. <3

Pastel Paradise
    @art what a lovely build. This is such a sweet room and. I really like the name too. There are so many pretty details in this room.

Alien Baby Nursery

@Inishi this room would delight any alien and their offspring. The floor wall design-is terrific. Love all the matching details, love the room shape, furniture placement -- the cute little alien in the cage - I always am very happy when my smuggler brings one home. Perfect for a little girl alien. Favorite room for sure.

The Lady In My Life

@lotlot80 really cute little room. Love the ladybug theme. Really sweet.
    Post edited by Jazztizz on
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    @rosemow and @Jazztizz Thank you, for the nice comments on my room.

@Laebeth congrats on maxis fav

@lotlot80 --- The railings around the bassinet are so cute, as well as the fancy curtains and the ladybugs.

@Jazztizz --- You're welcome.

4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis fav @emere! Great job!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    zathyrazathyra Posts: 83 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: a nursery
    Gallery name of room: Baby Girl Nursery
    Origin id: ZiahZi
    Pictures of the room:
    9TE7Iku.png
    zu8vNAP.png
    WzLdisN.png
    C8ycsLp.png

Almost didn't make it in time ;)
    Lovely rooms this week everyone!
    pOZo5xl.png
  • Options
    Baby Girl Nursery is so very pretty! @zathyra :) Very nice pretty pink and sunny yellow colour scheme of the room! The colourful circles floor print adds to the very nice look of the room.Very nice bassinet corner nook ! The unicorn , giraffe, bunny and lady bird are very cute there,watching over the little baby whilst she sleeps. The butterflies look so pretty on the walls! The animal wall pictures look cute! It is a nice touch that the print of the girl is on the door. The ceiling lights look pretty! The cot nook is very nice! The little girl will have fun playing with the heart teddy there. The circles wall pattern looks pretty in the room, and the hot air balloons are a nice touch on the wall. The coloured curtains look very nice on the windows. It is great that there is a wall clock for the parents to keep track of time. Very nice changing table alcove! The toiletries, bin and tissues are great home touches on the table and floor, and the plant and butterfly picture look nice on the cloud wall shelves. When the little girl is a toddler, she will enjoy sitting on the stool reading a book from the bookshelf or using the tablet. She will have fun playing with toys from the chest. The cherry blossom tree wall print looks pretty.
    The furnishing of the nursery looks so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    My computer been acting weird the whole day.
    Keeping this short, great rooms everybody. xxx Plus congratulations to all who got a Maxis fav.
    Hugs to all of yous, and thanks a lot for this lovely challenge @rosemow
  • Options
    Art wrote: »
    My computer been acting weird the whole day.
    Keeping this short, great rooms everybody. xxx Plus congratulations to all who got a Maxis fav.
    Hugs to all of yous, and thanks a lot for this lovely challenge @rosemow

Hello @Art
    I am sorry that you are having computer issues :( I hope that they resolve themselves soon.
    Sending a hug back to you <3
  • Options
    @zathyra --- The built-ins and the pink moo'd tree are cool :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited May 2017
    I see that I am now way behind on this thread. Phew! This week it has been a bit crazy hectic in real life, and it's been a really popular theme with so many entries! I really want to comment to you all personally, as I so much appreciate those of you who do that for me, but for the remainder of this weeks theme I think I'm going to realize my limitations and not put even more on my plate than I have :blush:

I apologize for not posting to you personally, but I've seen all of your wonderful rooms <3 so much creativity to inspire more creativity!

I will focus on this weeks new challenge and try and keep up with that instead :)

I will say this though; @lisalittlesimmer the story behind your room really made it special. As a parent myself I often reflect on those not able to have kids, and it breaks my heart. So your story really resonated with me and brought out some difficult emotions, but in a really good way. How great that just building a room in a game can do that? I hope you add stories to more builds, it really adds something special :blush:

@emere Congrats on your Maxis fave sweetheart! :star::star:

And thank you all of you who have taken the time to give me such kind feedback on my rooms! It really brightens my day <3

Excited to see next weeks theme!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Baby Girl Nursery
    @zathyra

Such a cute little room. Everything goes so great with that dot wallpaper. I have to find that -- I really like it! Love that little homemade bed and that collection of animals waiting for a new friend.

Congrats @Emere!

Looking forward to the new challenge. It's nice to have the site back too. *pats TS4 forums fondly*
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    All of these rooms are so amazing!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @emere --- Congratulations on your Maxis fave :)! Great nursery :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    alifesizeddollalifesizeddoll Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2017
    LSS: I ended up doing two nurseries.
    One being more traditional (albeit gender-neutral) that's roughly based on my daughter's actual nursery. We didn't find out the gender while I was pregnant and themed it "I love you to the moon and back" with clouds, stars, and of course the moon. This one I focused more on clouds :) I see that this general vibe was definitely present in other rooms this week. Hopefully, because it's so calming and classic for a nursery!

The second was a "micro-nursery". Here it's advised that your baby sleeps in your room for the first 6 months to reduce the risk of SIDS, so I thought of a little corner you could tack onto your bedroom to put in some baby storage (because they have so much stuff!) and a bassinet. This I themed urban and placed in an apartment.

Theme for the week: A Nursery
    Gallery name of room : Head inthe Clouds Nursery & Micro Nursery
    Origin id : alifesizeddoll
    Pictures of the room :

Head in the Clouds Nursery
    UoNWULw.png
    click show for more
    Nl3dLVi.png
    8L8bmTK.png
    2VYJtYF.png
    Zr2FDWC.png
    CZEG0JB.png
    aGz9MB4.png
    ---

4iffDBR.png
    16Gjocm.png

qXFs5yk.png
    LczX0Dj.png

TYVejjs.png
    DDixGKW.png
    xgCQah6.png
    (okay that last one doesn't really show the room in action but his face was just too sweet!)

Urban Micro Nursery
    ReRySkn.png
    click show for more
    ugPG0wz.png
    r2F8Tfw.png
    wwNLmBD.png
    5JnhdoX.png
    no idea why the picture didn't show up in my overhead shot, but it's there on the wall :)
    rRAUdId.png

ir7i9qo.png
    1DJWA8V.png

BTW: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE just how creative everyone's nurseries were! From caves to gothic style, there was an absolute abundance of out-of-the-box ideas this week. love love love it. <3

edited sims in use, by: cutiegrl0713 / original by clavdii here for link
    like vines we intertwined carelessly growing up and growing old; life was on our tongue

Gallery: alifesizeddoll
  • Options
    Both of your nursery rooms are very nice! @alifesizeddoll :)
    It is so very special that you based your real life nursery room on the theme : " l love you to the moon and back " <3 It is nice that you made a simversion of the room. The pictures of the sims holding their new little baby , and the expressions on the faces of the sims as they look at each other look so very nice! <3
    Head in the Clouds is such a very calming and restful nursery! :) The blue colour scheme of the room, to reflect the skies, looks very nice! It is very nice that you based the room on a theme of the skies, and have placed the moon and clouds prints on the walls and have the patterned moon and stars floor rug. Very nice sitting and reading nook in the room! The parents will enjoy sitting on the armchair reading a story to their little daughter. The giraffe is cute there, watching what is happening in the room! The fireplace will keep the room warm. The animal pictures look cute on the fireplace wall! The towels and toiletries are homely touches on the dresser top and the clothing basket is great beside the dresser.. The cloud wall shelves look nice and suit the room theme very well! The toys look nice on the shelves. Very nice corner bassinet nook. The little baby will enjoy looking up and seeing the hanging mobile. When she ages up to a toddler she will enjoy using the tablet that is on the corner nook table top.
    Urban Micro Nusery is a great nook room for an apartment! :) It is a great creative idea for a nusery room! It looks nice how the mirror screen shade separates off the nursery nook area. The purple/pink curtains on the window look very nice. The musician themed picture looks nice on the bassinet wall and complelrnents well in the colour scheme of the nursery nook . The colourful tapestry looks very nice on the dresser wall. The toys and plant are nice touches on the levels of the dresser. The pink horse there looks great. The green piping and the wall texture capture the urban theme very well!
    The furnishing of both of the rooms are very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top