Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    bbgdaryl wrote: »
    I learned today that if you make a family of only teenagers and move them into a house, they will automatically grow up to young adult. They will then all be sad because everyone missed their birthday so you have to deal with that. On top of that, they only have 2 personality traits instead of 3, so it's all glitched up. Fun.

That sounds like a bug to me, or maybe something an out-of-date mod is doing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LumineyLuminey Posts: 49 Member
    Didn't know cinematic camera was a thing until a few months ago. Really makes showing off builds easier when the UI isn't in the way.
    icon by alexiadraws
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    bbgdaryl wrote: »
    I learned today that if you make a family of only teenagers and move them into a house, they will automatically grow up to young adult. They will then all be sad because everyone missed their birthday so you have to deal with that. On top of that, they only have 2 personality traits instead of 3, so it's all glitched up. Fun.

That sounds like a bug to me, or maybe something an out-of-date mod is doing.

I agree seeing before we got toddlers I had several teen households and they continued to go to school and do all the things teens do - besides when you hoovered over them they showed as being teens. Does sound like either a conflicting mod or a bug for sure. I keep my teens teen until they top all their teen aspirations at least - and some I kept teen just so if we get a University pack I have plenty teens ready to go to Uni. I have no trouble keeping them in all teen households at all. Granted they have sparse lots as they only make money on things they find or make - so they often live in tents. Lol.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    @william72 no one wants what you're selling, scammer. Reported.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    In other news, Children hop up on barstools. It's a cute animation :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I thought this was really cool, you can hire vegetarian caterers too.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    This is not really a did you know, but more of a do you know how... to cure a sick toddler (I just now found out that tods get sick)? A caregiver can't give them medicine. I guess the poor little things just have to tough it out... :o

Give them apple juice. Toddlers can't take medicine, but apple juice works like tea or orange juice does for adults. They get the green hospital plus sign moodlet. Naps also help with sick toddlers.

Thank you for that - I was at my wits end at one of my houses with a toddler that kept getting sick. I went right in the game after reading this and happy to say she is well again. Gosh I swear it is as bad a feeling to me as having a real toddler be ill and you can't make them better - so now me and the toddlers parents are overjoyed.

I cannot imagine why I did not know this. I went so far as to hire a nanny and a butler trying to heal the sweet little one. So thank you.

ETA - Now someone needs to tell that nanny - you would have thought they would have known this. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    This is not really a did you know, but more of a do you know how... to cure a sick toddler (I just now found out that tods get sick)? A caregiver can't give them medicine. I guess the poor little things just have to tough it out... :o

Give them apple juice. Toddlers can't take medicine, but apple juice works like tea or orange juice does for adults. They get the green hospital plus sign moodlet. Naps also help with sick toddlers.

Thank you for that - I was at my wits end at one of my houses with a toddler that kept getting sick. I went right in the game after reading this and happy to say she is well again. Gosh I swear it is as bad a feeling to me as having a real toddler be ill and you can't make them better - so now me and the toddlers parents are overjoyed.

I cannot imagine why I did not know this. I went so far as to hire a nanny and a butler trying to heal the sweet little one. So thank you.

ETA - Now someone needs to tell that nanny - you would have thought they would have known this. LOL.

You're welcome. I swear I had the very first sick toddler after they were patched into the game. I came on the forums to find some help, but no one knew what to do either. She had those red tiger stripes all over her body. I tried every single way of giving medicine. I even tried checking my phone options to see if there was a way to take her to the hospital. It took me a awhile to figure out that juice was the answer. Glad it helped your little pumpkin. I hate seeing tots suffer; even pixelated ones.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

You're welcome. I swear I had the very first sick toddler after they were patched into the game. I came on the forums to find some help, but no one knew what to do either. She had those red tiger stripes all over her body. I tried every single way of giving medicine. I even tried checking my phone options to see if there was a way to take her to the hospital. It took me a awhile to figure out that juice was the answer. Glad it helped your little pumpkin. I hate seeing tots suffer; even pixelated ones.

Baths might help too. They (and showers) help for adults with the scratchy and feverish moodlets.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited May 2017
    My current sim in my rotation is a single mom and she just received 163 in child support payment. First I've ever seen that.

Also in city life, I found that if your sim is skilled in piano and starts playing the neighbor asks to come over and hear something amazing or something like that. And earlier on one of my sims was visited by Bella in a towel asking to use the shower since she didn't have any hot water, lol. I didn't even realize they came over for other things then good for noise! Fun finds.
    Post edited by hmae123 on
  • Options
    hmae123 wrote: »
    My current sim in my rotation is a single mom and she just received 163 in child support payment. First I've ever seen that.

Do you use MC Command Center? It has a child support payment system.

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member

I forgot about the payments. I should enable it in my game! I've got a single mum in one of my played households, and the guy who fathered her second child has 2 other children with women he's not married to.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member

I just downloaded it recently! Aha that's where it came from. Love it! Although her baby daddy is pretty rich could've afforded much more then she got lol.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Didn't know you can put plates of food on this statue or even any small decorations like potted plants or little statues!

XNfAIVL.png

@DeKay where is this statue? :open_mouth:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    edited May 2017
    I commented earlier on this thread saying that I didn't know that elders with the long lived trait live for 300 days more if set on long life span.
    So I've tested out on all life spans how long elders live on without long lived and with long lived.

Short life span
    Without: 5 days
    Long Lived: 11 days

Normal life span
    Without: 11 days
    Long Lived: 32 days

Long life span
    Without: 44 days
    Long Lived: 384 days

Keep in mind that the Active trait also gives extra days. I only know for long which is 135 days. I don't know how long sims will live on short and normal life spans with the active trait.
    So basically sims on long life span with the traits active and long lived will live 519 days more when becoming an elder. So they won't even be at half of their life... :open_mouth: In real life they would be around 140 years old lol.

I hoped I helped anybody! :smile:
  • Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    Keep in mind that drinking a sim's life essence from a cowplant also gives extra days: a flat bonus of 10. The active and long lived traits give a percentage of the total days in all life stages as bonus days: 25% for long-lived, 10% for active.
  • Options
    I found out if you grow the Bonsai seed in your garden- when it reaches a certain stage you get the offer to put it in a pot and it turns into the bonsai skill tree that you buy in the activities and skill section of the catalogue. Growing a bunch of them you can then sell them at a flea market or in a retail store to customers. I found that cool to know we can grow something in the garden we can use like that. I could have a bonsai tree nursery.

Been thinking that would be cool if they would add a feature like that to all the flowering garden plants to - so we could make at least house plants and other plants to maybe have a nursery or flower shop in town.

But really was surprised to see the offer to put it in a pot allows you to trim and do all the things you do with the skill version - all for free once you have Bonsai seed.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Didn't know you can put plates of food on this statue or even any small decorations like potted plants or little statues!

XNfAIVL.png

I can't really remember but I think I was looking under "surfaces" and either under "misc" or "all" and I found this somewhere at the end of the catalogue. I believe the Goths have one in their home so it should be a base game item.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member

I just downloaded it recently! Aha that's where it came from. Love it! Although her baby daddy is pretty rich could've afforded much more then she got lol.

Hello @hmae123 :)
    This is information about the payment from the download site
    Determines if an additional expense will be added to active Household’s weekly bill amount for each child they have that does not live on the active lot with them. This includes Teen or less in age. The amount is based on the value of the lot the Sim lives on, just like regular bills. Also, like regular bills, if your Sim has the Frugal trait, they will get a reduction in their child-support amount owed. Valid values are “A”=All, “M”=Married Only, “U”=Unmarried Only or “N”=None. “Married Only” will only cause child support earnings or payments to happen if the parent Sims of the child are married. “Unmarried Only” will only cause child support earnings or payments to happen if the parent Sims of the child are unmarried.

MCCC > Money Settings > Pay Child Support

Per Grimsoul’s request, added a setting for Child Support Percent (MCCC Settings->Money Settings->Child Support Percent) for the amount billed a parent per child for child support. This is based on the Sim’s total worth which includes lot value plus total funds. Child Support always used 1% previously and that is the default value for this setting unless changed. It can be set up-to 1000% if you don’t much care for the whole money thing
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

XNfAIVL.png

I can't really remember but I think I was looking under "surfaces" and either under "misc" or "all" and I found this somewhere at the end of the catalogue. I believe the Goths have one in their home so it should be a base game item.

Yep, it's under Surfaces, Miscellaneous and it's Bob the Butler Fancy Sculpture. :# Silly me, I don't know how many times I looked for it under the Decor, Sculpture category. Ya think, Sims???
  • Options
    Vampires cannot die from pufferfish, or the sauna. I don't think they can drown either because they don't have a normal energy bar.
  • Options
    Slight correction:
    Teen and older vampires cannot die from pufferfish, sauna or drowning.
  • Options
    I just had a Sim finish a level of the Painting skill while talking about art. I had no idea that skill-related conversation was skill-boosting!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I learned recently that you can't have club gatherings in Granite Falls. It was a disappointment to me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I just had a Sim finish a level of the Painting skill while talking about art. I had no idea that skill-related conversation was skill-boosting!

Yep - I discovered it by accident too - that you can actually give other sims skills if your sim is prolific in skills they don't have or are low in - just by discussing those subjects. My Sim Scientist Nichol has a number of maxed skills and she has passed several levels to her two sisters who had none of those skills at all. The more they discuss these things the higher the skill level goes up for all the sims listening to the discussion.

Beats the heck out of reading skill books and boosts all the sims social and charisma as well. First time I have seen a really useful - (to me anyway)- multitasking aspect in Sims 4.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top