Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,619 Member
    A Midsumner Night's Dream is so very pretty! @Ainsleyf :) Very nice outdoors and floral theme of the room! The stone texture of the walls looks very nice and gives a great feel to the room! Very nice bed area! The floral greenery looks very nice around the columns and on the walls . The tree stump bedside tables and sitting area side tabkes look great in the room and the candles are pretty on them. Very nice seat bebch sitting area! The type of seats used looks royal, and the greenery flooring looks great! The Royals will enjoy relaxing and reading there. The shield is a nice touch on the wall. Very nice floral greenery on all the walls through the room! The lattice flowers are a nice touch over the windows. The flowers are a nice touch placed betxween the candies on the windows table. The type of windows uxec suits the room type well . The fireplace will keep the room warm. Very nice dresser nook! The curtains on the wall, candles and drinks bucket on the dresser,and the floral greevery looks so very pretty! The hanging basket is a nice touch on the wall. The candles either sides of the door and the lattice flowers over the door are very nice for sims to see when entering and exiting the room.
    The floral greenery, candles and flowers in the room areas looks so very nice! Thank you very much for your second bedroom!
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member

@Ainsleyf Wow! Beautiful room!
    M8RUceg.png

Thank you @Ainsleyf @WrathofCath so much for your lovely comments. :)

7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    JessiejessanJessiejessan Posts: 220 Member
    @Laebeth Gooooooorgeous! Love the medieval look and all the small little details! The crack in the wall, the books scattered around the room.. it's lovely! :smiley:

@Ainsleyf Wow! Love the idea with such a natural room filled with flowers! Looks stunning!
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Thanks so much for the very lovely words @Veronia, @myfavoritedesign and @jessiejessan!

@Rosemow, thanks again for the wonderful review!

@coolsim9999999 - Nice! I really like the splashes of color against the off-white and the curtains around the room.

@Laebeth, Nice take on the theme! Great room and you kept everything true to period! The earth tones are beautiful and my eyes keep getting drawn to the pretty orange roses you chose.

Once again, I'm super sorry if I missed anyone. It really isn't intentional.
  • Options
    KatyPlaysSimsKatyPlaysSims Posts: 6 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Congratulations on Shane's Man Cave being favourited by Maxis! @KatyPlaysSims :) That is exciting!

@rosemow thank you! Was very surprised when I saw that this morning!
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis fav @KatyPlaysSims! Great room and great job!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,121 Member
    Thanks so much for all of these awesome review of my columned royal bedroom :).

@rosemow --- Thanks for your warm welcome to this challenge thread! I can’t wait to keep participating in future room challenges. Building rooms is wicked fun. Your very detailed review of my room was so nice. I’m really glad that you liked all of the parts of my room for the royals.

@Laebeth
    Thanks for the welcome. Thanks for complimenting my use of curtains and columns, as well as the color scheme. Your castlelike stone walls and windows, as well as all the candles really provide incredible accents on your beautiful room.

@LSNishi
    Thanks for the welcome. I’m so glad that you like how I placed the bed and used columns. I love all the vintage pops in your room, including the gold date wine bucket.

@carolynrosser
    Thanks for the welcome. I’m happy that you’ve enjoyed your first 3 weeks. I’m glad that you like my gold and red pops of color/my room in general. I am wicked excited about finding this thread and completing other weeks’ room challenges! Your room is very creative, as well. I especially like your use of the vintage glamour bed, more modern fireplace and the big window.

@Wrathofcath --- Thanks for complimenting the bed and the white color scheme. Your chair/ottoman “chaise-like” seating in front of that wonderful fireplace looks spectacular, as well as the great paintings and vintage bar.

@ainsleyf --- thanks for your complimenting the pops of color in my room.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    @Ainsleyf --- I really liked your use of the outdoor retreat bed and furniture in your royal bedroom :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited April 2017
    @KatyPlaysSims Congrats on the Maxis Fav for your man cave room! :star::star: How wonderful!

@Jessiejessan What an absolutely precious room. Such a delicate color scheme, and I love the vanity table you created! That floor looks great too, I always picture royal rooms with that sort of intricate flooring. My favorite part must be the bed and the use of that painting behind it, looks so stunning, especially with those curtains draped around it! I'm like a broken record this week, I have commented on so many curtains and canopied beds! haha! But I have learned SO much watching this thread :) Thanks for the comments on my room! *hugs*

@Rosemow Thank you Rosemow for the wonderful feedback! So glad you like it :heart:

@Ainsleyf Oh, look who has creativity in abundance this week! Such a different feel than your Goblin King room, but equally beautiful and cleverly made! I agree with Veriona, it looks like the home of an elf. The overgrown flowers on the stone walls just really gives it that magical feeling. It's stunning! Thank you for the comment on my room! I did try to keep it as true to the period as possible, so if I achieved that I am more than happy! I have been spending a lot of time researching, and also had some helpful discussions with @veriona about time periods! haha!

@WrathofCath and @coolsim9999999 Thank you very much you guys! Appreciate you taking the time to give feedback :)
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Wow, I thought the man cave theme was super popular, but looks like the royal bedroom theme has inspired at least as many of you to create super awesome rooms! B) Ok, *takes a deep breath*, time to get up to date again! :smile:

Congrats on being fav'd by Maxis @wendelyne @lsnishi , @withlovejulien @KatyPlaysSims ,very exciting news!

Gorgeous bedroom @MyFavoritedesign ! Love the beautiful white/silver/blue colour scheme and the pink/red flowers to add a little pop and the dark blue definitely adds a royal touch to the room, beautiful design!

Fantastic bedroom @carolynrosser ! The soft blue colours looks so wonderful and I love adding the vanity table and cozy fireplace to the room, wonderful!

Awesome bedroom @CatsRule I LOVE that you went with the red/black colour scheme, my ultimate favourite! B) And your room may be small, but it packs so much atmosphere to completely make up for it. Great design!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother @WILDFLOWER1971 . Take your time, your place is with your family now. Sending you plenty of gentle hugs. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my rooms. <3

Wonderful bedroom @lsnishi ! Love your elegant design and the fact you added a dressing room and wet bar! And leaving the Willow Creek snowglobe on the mantelpiece as a souvenir is such a clever idea, love it!

So glad you got the video all finished now, and the result was so wonderful @Jazztizz , you did an amazing job! Hope your surgery in May goes well (and yay for lots of simming time afterwards! :smile: ) And thank you so much for your awesome comment on my man cave! :smile: Yup, all the paintings are NoCC as usual, had so much fun making those! Will upload them later separately on the Gallery. So glad you like them! :smile:

Such a gorgeous and warm design for a bedroom @illusie , it's beautiful! Love your combination of green and chocolate brown and your decorating is so elegant. Wonderful job!

Beautiful royal bedroom @wendelyne ! Love the colours and so many cute and creative ideas. The window seats look wonderful and love the dressing room you added!

Fantastic bedroom @lotlot80 ! The colours in your room are stunning and the beautiful flooring is such a nice touch. Wonderful decorating job as well!

Gorgeous bedroom @WrathofCath ! The silver/white/gold colour scheme is fantastic and I love your cozy fireplace with the recliners. And all the decor fits together so wonderfully even though they came from different packs, you make it look so easy. :smile: fantastic job! And thank you so much for your awesome comments on my Easter kitchen and man cave! B)

Wonderful bedroom @Sim_plicity ! The blue colour scheme is perfect for a royal bedroom and love that you added a living room to the room, making use of those dividers and pillars to mark it separately from the bedroom. Beautiful design!

That is such an awesome and creative take on the challenge @Ainsleyf ! Love Labyrinth and this bedroom could fit right in that movie. :smile: Love the dark green, the thorny decor and the use of those wall sculptures for the walls, awesome job!

Wonderful bedroom @coolsim9999999 ! Love the beautiful colours you picked for your room and the furnishings are absolutely fit for a king and queen, fantastic job! And welcome to the challenge! :smile:

Gorgeous design for a royal bedroom @Jessiejessan ! Beautiful and warm colours throughout, love the vanity table (love the extra touch by adding the curtain above it) and the cozy area around the fireplace.

Oooh, fantastic take on this room challenge @Laebeth ! Love the medieval theme and you executed it so well! Love the colours, the wall pattern and all the fantastic decorating details. Amazing and super creative design, love it!

And yet another super creative design from you @Ainsleyf ! Absolutely love the outdoors theme in this room, great job incorporating all those various plants in here, it looks so good. B) And using the trellis to make the bed posts? I'm soooo stealing that idea! :smiley: Awesome room!

Phew, I think that was everyone, hope I didn't miss anyone. Wow, this challenge has resulted in so many wonderful bedrooms being created, absolutely loved everyone's take on the challenge! B)
  • Options
    Hi Corwim --- Thanks a lot for your warm welcome and very nice review of my room for the royals!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thank you @Corwim for your lovely comment. :)
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    Thanks @Corwim for your kind comments! Glad you got the video done. I hope we'll be seeing more of your wonderfully creative builds.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    edited April 2017
    @coolsim9999999 I like what you did with the columns. nice room.

@Laebeth I love your room. I really like how you made it for a medieval king and queen.

@Ainsleyf I love the floral theme.

If I missed anyone's room please forgive me. I've been on the gallery app. a lot lately, and made comments on there, so I probably left you a comment on there.

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

Hey guys! I just found this thread and can't wait to participate in here :) unfortunately I'm not a full member yet, so I can't really post my pictures here.. but I think I should be a member soon and then I'm going to start sharing my stuff :) so, one week one theme right? On what day of the week do we get a new theme?
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    Hey guys! I just found this thread and can't wait to participate in here :) unfortunately I'm not a full member yet, so I can't really post my pictures here.. but I think I should be a member soon and then I'm going to start sharing my stuff :) so, one week one theme right? On what day of the week do we get a new theme?

Hello @lisalittlesimmer :) Welcome to the room chaillenge thread! It is exciting and special that you are planing to enter the challenges! There is a new room theme posted each Tuesday at 9pm PT.
    I will look forward to seeing your room :)
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    @rosemow thanks for the quick response :) you're doing a great job on this forum <3 I might be a member soon enough to build a room for the next theme. yay! :)
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    @rosemow thanks for the quick response :) you're doing a great job on this forum <3 I might be a member soon enough to build a room for the next theme. yay! :)

I will look forward to you entering a room in the next theme challenge ! @lisalittlesimmer :) Happy simming!
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited April 2017
    @lisalittlesimmer Wohooo, congrats on becoming a full member! haha! That was quick :tongue:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    @Laebeth @rosemow thanks guys <3 can't wait for tuesday to try the new room theme :)
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    It have been a long time since a created a room for this:

The theme for the week is : 108 A bedroom for Royalty
    Gallery name of room: Royal Chambers
    Origin id: K0J1K
    Link: https://goo.gl/gI0IKa

PfPxsL4.png
    BN0iQ0l.png
    5LkMDJR.png
    Cs5dx08.png
    TK4gR8R.png

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Options
    Wow @KojiK that is a stunning room. Great use of the black and gold for the dramatic pops of color and you got the tapestries, suits of armor and the model ship blended into the decor. I really love your room!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Royal Chambers looks so very elegant ! @KojiK :) The golden, black and grey colour scheme looks so very regal! Very nice furnishing and layout of the room! The wall paneling looks very nice. The type of door used suits well the theme. Very nice armchairs windows sitting area! The curtains there look very pretty! It looks nice how the arnchairs are angled,either sides of the table. The Royals will enjoy sitting relaxing there having a cup of tea with sunshine coming in onto them through the windows. The plants are nice touches of nature and green either sides of the chairs. Very nice bed area! The royal wall tapestries look very nice placed on the wall either sides of the bedhead. The design of the bedhead wall area looks so very nice! The candles are pretty touches on the bedside tables. The large patterned floor rug suits the room type so very well! The golden statues either sides of the door are nice touches there, and the floral and portrait picture add such a nice look to the room! Very nice fireplace nook. The Knights look great standing on guard either sides of the fire! The ship is a nice touch on the fireplace ledge. The fireplace will keep the room warm. The ceiling lights look very nice.
    The furnishing of the room has such a nice elegance feel! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    @lotlot80 --- Thank you for your nice review of my room.
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top