Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    New Super Dating is up!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Blogaversary2-00.jpg

My second blogaversary is today! You are welcome to drop by at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!

Everyone! This is SO good! And so fun! If you haven't read it, I really recommend reading it. MastressAlita's advice for bloggers is SOOO good! The question was specifically advice for new bloggers, but the answer applies to all of this! Highly recommended! https://mastressalita.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/blogaversary2/

(Plus, you'll get to see the cutest @chealsycat ever! :) )
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Goodnight, @friendsfan367 :smiley:
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I saw something on the front page about doughnuts and blueberries and now I want some. :)

Happy blogaversary, @mastressalita! I'll bring some carrot cake for the celebration because I just made some on Easter. Or mochi... I picked up some green tea mochi at the store for dessert tonight. Or if you all just like fruit... I've got fresh plums in my fridge too. Covering all my bases here. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
  • Options
    ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    I saw something on the front page about doughnuts and blueberries and now I want some. :)

Happy blogaversary, @mastressalita! I'll bring some carrot cake for the celebration because I just made some on Easter. Or mochi... I picked up some green tea mochi at the store for dessert tonight. Or if you all just like fruit... I've got fresh plums in my fridge too. Covering all my bases here. :)

I'm craving an apple doughnut... XD
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member

@AdamsEve1231 : I love carrot cake! They actually got a huge carrot cake during National Library Week (as well as a chocolate one... a few of the employees at the library gave up chocolate for lent so I guess they wanted some options!) and it was sooooooo good! I also love mochi! My only problem with mochi is when there is filling inside of it (except for ice cream). I have texture issues and "mushy" textures set me off, and it's really hard to find mochi that doesn't have red bean paste or that jammy stuff in the middle. Whenever I can find mochi when I'm on vacation that doesn't have filling I end up buying tons of it! And at frozen yogurt shops, I pile TONS of those little mochi bites on my yogurt. The sad part is I live in podunk country and haven't found any place locally that even sells mochi... but the froyo shop will sell me their unopened packages of their topping mochi when I ask and I am desperate for some. >_>

Tomorrow I'm actually having a real tea party at work with Cody and another coworker, Katie (she donates things for my Teatime Tuesday often). British National Tea Day is Friday and we were going to do it then, but there is a library conference that day that I have to attend, so we had to reschedule to tomorrow. There are going to be cucumber sandwiches (I don't care for cucumbers so I'm bringing my own sandwich), Cody is making scones, and I am bringing tons of tea from my stash! (Speaking of blueberries, one is a quite tasty blueberry rooibos)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    Episode 9 of season 3 of MURDER VALLEY SIMS is UP!

https://murdervalleysims.wordpress.com

Go like/comment/feedback!
  • Options
    Good morning , everyone ! What are you reading today ? I'm about to open my WordPress reader and see what is waiting for me! I'm expecting some of @friendsfan367 's gems and a Centauri update from @Thymeless ! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Trivia note: Yesterday was the 113 anniversary of Toronto's Great Fire of 1904
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Good morning , everyone ! What are you reading today ? I'm about to open my WordPress reader and see what is waiting for me! I'm expecting some of @friendsfan367 's gems and a Centauri update from @Thymeless ! :)

my eyes weren't open but today they are longer possttoday i hope..well one short one is in y head. bad troublemaker.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member

my eyes weren't open but today they are longer possttoday i hope..well one short one is in y head. bad troublemaker.

o:)
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    I'm reading @DreamsInPixels Dawn to Dusk and it's fantastic! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »

o:)

you know i love you.
  • Options

I'm craving an apple doughnut... XD

I <3 apple fritters. @ElenaBoleyn.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

@AdamsEve1231 : I love carrot cake! They actually got a huge carrot cake during National Library Week (as well as a chocolate one... a few of the employees at the library gave up chocolate for lent so I guess they wanted some options!) and it was sooooooo good! I also love mochi! My only problem with mochi is when there is filling inside of it (except for ice cream). I have texture issues and "mushy" textures set me off, and it's really hard to find mochi that doesn't have red bean paste or that jammy stuff in the middle. Whenever I can find mochi when I'm on vacation that doesn't have filling I end up buying tons of it! And at frozen yogurt shops, I pile TONS of those little mochi bites on my yogurt. The sad part is I live in podunk country and haven't found any place locally that even sells mochi... but the froyo shop will sell me their unopened packages of their topping mochi when I ask and I am desperate for some. >_>

Tomorrow I'm actually having a real tea party at work with Cody and another coworker, Katie (she donates things for my Teatime Tuesday often). British National Tea Day is Friday and we were going to do it then, but there is a library conference that day that I have to attend, so we had to reschedule to tomorrow. There are going to be cucumber sandwiches (I don't care for cucumbers so I'm bringing my own sandwich), Cody is making scones, and I am bringing tons of tea from my stash! (Speaking of blueberries, one is a quite tasty blueberry rooibos)

@mastressalita I'm glad you like carrot cake. :) Yay! I brought something good. I make it every year around Easter.

Ooo... British National Tea Day! I think I might have to do a celebration in my reading circles with that theme. My grandfather is British and we used to do tea time together as a family at 4pm. And scones... are delicious. I might do something in game. Blueberry rooibos is one of my faves. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

my eyes still bugging me, so its writing day.
  • Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    my mom got upset about my snacks again. but she bought me reses peanut butter cups for easter. she gave them to me today so i think thats what they call irony.

NO CANDY FOR YOU ITS BAD

Except on Valentine's Day, Birthdays, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. Then you can have ALL THE CANDY
  • Options
    my mom got upset about my snacks again. but she bought me reses peanut butter cups for easter. she gave them to me today so i think thats what they call irony.

NO CANDY FOR YOU ITS BAD

Except on Valentine's Day, Birthdays, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. Then you can have ALL THE CANDY

you didn't read it it was for easter she just gave it to me late. lol. the candy BAG she bought me is 22,4 ounces the chips shes upset about are just over 9 so since its 2 bags just over 18. so she bought me more candy than the chips i bought.
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    What special day is it today @CathyTea ?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited April 2017
    @OJenn it's Catch-up Friday and I have a rant to say at the moment.

My church is doing a "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" and My parents and I are the first guests and we didn't know where we're going until a couple of seconds ago and Dad told me to shut up when I told him that Mom had told him two days ago that we WOULD NOT BE GETTING A NAME!! ONLY an address.." I really wish Mom could drive (as much as I would LIKE to drive..it's too dangerous for me..it would be as dangerous as Henry from Time Traveller's Wife driving..just without time travel). I mean I'm the one who answered the phone and I wrote down the address and Dad came up and saw the address and said "I thought we were going to get a name" I was like "Mom told you TWO days ago that we were not going to be getting a name" and Dad was like "I don't want to argue and shut up!!" He never told me to shut up for no reason.. but he's acting like a bacon two year old about what's going on.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »

Today is catch-up Friday , on which we can talk about the reading , writing , and gaming we're catching up on , or we can catch up with each other by sharing what happened with us this week and filling each other in on our weekend plans .

I had a bit of a break through this week , thanks to a good friend who shared an astute comment with me. I'd been feeling so worn and stressed at work , and my friend helped me identify the need for a support system . I did a little research , a little thinking and filling out of worksheets , and now I realize my support was already in place--I just needed to identify , nurture , and turn to it! Suddenly my whole energy and attitude towards work has shifted ! I feel support .

So that was my week , which sets me up for a fun , relaxed weekend !

• Options
    OJenn wrote: »

Today is catch-up Friday , on which we can talk about the reading , writing , and gaming we're catching up on , or we can catch up with each other by sharing what happened with us this week and filling each other in on our weekend plans .

I had a bit of a break through this week , thanks to a good friend who shared an astute comment with me. I'd been feeling so worn and stressed at work , and my friend helped me identify the need for a support system . I did a little research , a little thinking and filling out of worksheets , and now I realize my support was already in place--I just needed to identify , nurture , and turn to it! Suddenly my whole energy and attitude towards work has shifted ! I feel support .

So that was my week , which sets me up for a fun , relaxed weekend !

i still love that aero was looking for friends that met her list and discovered she had that already. us.

i'm glad your feeling less stressed and found ways to cope.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    edited April 2017
    Post edited by Pegasus143 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top